Start by marking “Shifters” as Want to Read:
Shifters

Shifters

The school was meant to advance kids towards their careers faster, but secretly the motivation is to weed out people with "corrupt" DNA. A group of friends finds out about the conspiracy and use reality shifting to their advantage as they fight for human justice.
Kindle Edition
Published 2012 by imajin

To ask other readers questions about Shifters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifters

The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft
Jun 06, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft added it
Recommends it for: YA Urban Fantasy, YA SciFi
Shelves: june-2012-reads
I found this YA novel engrossing and immensely invigorating. There’s no wasted wordage, no dropped plot threads, just moment-to-moment excitement and adventure, with the romance, friendship, character integrity, and villainous “overlords” woven in intricately. Just as importantly, the story line is so very plausible: almost any contemporary society today is aware of how close it could come to a fascist “Big Brother” type society, without even realizing until too late.

The characters in this book
Lexie
Jan 08, 2012 Lexie rated it it was ok
I want to say upfront that I'm making a conscious effort to review this book without remarking on the grammar or spelling. I read an ARC edition (maybe even a galley) and that means granting leniency in terms of such things.

Shifters begins clumsily as Lilburn tries to get across that her characters are special-special kids, in a special elite school with dangerous secrets. No wait, I jumped ahead of myself a bit. The Prologue is our first taste of the book and its a confusing mass of innuendos,
Kimberly Gould
Dec 25, 2012 Kimberly Gould rated it liked it
Shifters was a quick read. It is shorter than I'm used to, but that just maintained the fast pace of the story. The beginning threw me off. I had a harder time following the timing and the shifting locations in the first three chapters, when we're in one reality, than the second half, where Lina is hopping all over the place. There were other oddities toward the end that turned me off as well. It wouldn't stop me from recommending this book, but it does keep me from raving about it. I think it i ...more
Judith Graves
In Halli Lilburn's sci-fi adventure, Shifters, a group of elite students traverse a minefield of alternate realities to discover there's one enduring thing worth fighting for - their freedom.
Oct 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Fantastic book! Really fast-paced novel that deals with my favourite subjects... alternate universes, and young people fighting against a large evil conglomeration.
Leigh
Jan 24, 2012 Leigh rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I think it's such a fun story. It's one of those books you can't put down, so it was a quick read for me. Plus, it's exciting and suspenseful all in one!
Leigh
Jan 06, 2012 Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. So many neat possibilities - it constantly had my mind reeling. Suspenseful as well as intriguing! You'll love it!
Michaela
Michaela rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Cassie Rowse
Cassie Rowse rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Judie
Judie rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
May 14, 2012
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Halli Lilburn
Dec 12, 2011 Halli Lilburn rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2012
Jenny Morris
Jenny Morris marked it as to-read
Guadalupe
Guadalupe marked it as to-read
Jolene Perry
Jolene Perry marked it as to-read
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sandra "Jeanz" marked it as to-read
Joyce (The book worm)
Joyce (The book worm) marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 14, 2012
Jazlyn
Jazlyn marked it as to-read
May 15, 2012
Sheena-kay Graham
Sheena-kay Graham marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Jan
Jan added it
Jun 04, 2012
Jo Dunn
Jo Dunn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Corlay
Corlay marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Linda Kwolek
Linda Kwolek marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Kaci
Kaci marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Halli was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. She currently resides in Lethbridge, Alberta with her mountain man husband and three genius children. She is an art journal teacher who enjoys painting, singing, sewing and working at the local library.

More about Halli Lilburn...