Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  295 ratings  ·  161 reviews
This book will feature Cinder and Snow White and will take place on the moon.
Hardcover
Expected publication: November 10th 2015 by Feiwel and Friends

The Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
9th out of 354 books — 10,568 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareHeartless by Marissa MeyerUntitled by Rick RiordanUntitled by Sarah J. Maas
YA Novels of 2015
1st out of 421 books — 877 voters

More lists with this book...

Dana
Apr 13, 2013 Dana marked it as not-yet-released
*Sees release date*

Angela (:
*** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

Helluva lot of teasers (taken from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
“What happens if they touch?”
“The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A tow...more
dick gansey
Feb 25, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
[image error]

I have to wait 2 years for this?

description

Wait a minute... It's on the moon?

description

DOES THAT MEAN WE GET NO KAI AND CINDER INTERACTION???

Kayla
Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an interesting character I'm so excited!

After Reading Cress

So, without too many spoilers, I'm just going to leave this little exchange here:

Winter: "You shouldn't call me crazy. They don't like that."

Other Character: "But you are!"

Winter: "I know that I am. Do you know how I know? Because the walls of t...more
David Angle
I am excited to read this as well as WINTER! If anyone else is looking for information regarding the future of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES (Specifically "Cress" and the finale "Winter") then look no further. I have dug through all the information I could find around the web and here you go:

>CRESS: will be out EARLY 2014 (Based on Rapunzel). Cress (short for Crescent Moon) is a computer hacker stuck in a satellite orbiting Earth, being forced to spy on the Earthen leaders for Queen Levana. Cress has...more
William
Feb 09, 2014 William marked it as to-read
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! 2015?! 1 whole year. BRB CRYING.

1 whole year without this conclusion that I DESPERATELY need. 1 more year. *gasp* NEED MORE CINDER AND KAI.

NEED MORE OF THIS SERIES. *gasping*

Steph Sinclair
I just love how Snow White will be a person of color. Totally wasn't expecting that. Is it Winter yet?
Cece
Feb 11, 2014 Cece marked it as to-read
Shelves: need
The following chunk of words and multiple updates are mostly theories that I have no where else to share. Be warned.

UPDATE 11/2/2014:
GUYS GUYS GUYS I HAVE A NEW THEORY (well actually two) AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL COME TRUE LIKE HOW MY THEORY ON (view spoiler) DID. Oh man was that a hella prediction/fantasy-at-the-time.

I ain't protecting your eyes from this spoiler like I did the older update. This one's about the Jacin and Winter romance.

Theory #1...more
Kimberly
Feb 11, 2014 Kimberly marked it as to-read
OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demands are remedied.

Of course, if yo...more
Eryn
Oct 09, 2013 Eryn marked it as to-read
2015.

Sydney
Feb 25, 2014 Sydney marked it as wishlist
Shelves: 2015-publication
February 4th, 2014
"Expected publication date: winter 2015"
curious little beastie
Ahahaha, the blurbs for these books are so random. xD
Tabatha
Mar 10, 2014 Tabatha marked it as sequels-to-read
The cover will probably feature a red apple right?

*UPDATE 10/03/14
I've been doing some thinking.. And are Winter's 'pets' perhaps her dwarfs?
I mean, Scarlet definitely grumpy.. Understandably so, but grumpy nonetheless..

Over & Out, T xx
Eileen
Jul 02, 2014 Eileen marked it as to-read

Teasers everyone!

^Jacin and Winter!

^That's gotta be Cinder to Kai

Read the rest of them here: http://ei-leenonme.tumblr.com/post/76...

UPDATE 2/4/14

Now that I've read CRESS, I think I really like Jacin's character.
He's like one of those guys who pretends not to have feelings and acts all cold and uncaring. Also, there was a chapter with Princess Winter in it, although I'm not sure what her personality is like yet.
But I have a feeling that I'm gonna love the Winter x Jacin thing!

1/2/14

Jacin...more
Raxa Dane
Feb 13, 2014 Raxa Dane marked it as to-read
FIRST.OF.ALL.

THE.DATE.

description

Having finished the Cress Book my feelings are in an inner turmoil. Not much worse with the second book cliffhanger but just as is! Ugh. I cannot.

description

Better find meself a new book to pry my focus on. Because this fucking book just shred all my emotions I didn't think I could have for a series and I want it. I want the next book so fucking bad.

Ashrakat Deyab
May 28, 2013 Ashrakat Deyab marked it as to-read
WHAT?!!! This is taking place.... ON LUNA?!!!! THE MOON?!!! QUEEN LEVANA'S LUNA?!!

description

This is sure to be one hell of a finale :O
Hayley G
Oct 08, 2012 Hayley G marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
What about Scarlet and Wolf? They have to be in this!
Nadia
Feb 06, 2014 Nadia marked it as to-read
6.2.13: Dear Marissa Meyer,

Sooooo how about you give me the book now?

No? Pretty please?

I'm singing again...

Still no?

Okay.

6.12.12:What if I die before that??? Wouldn't I become a ghost with unmet wishes??? WTH!!! :/
Jane
Jul 11, 2014 Jane marked it as to-read
Wait. WAIT.

Did I not read this correctly, or is Winter really coming out in November 2015?!

Holy shit. I didn't read it wrongly and Amanda Seyfried's eyes do not lie. But still. This release date is for real?!?! And I thought Jan/Feb 2015 was bad enough.

Ugh.

But anyway, here are some of my theories

(9/2/14)
Okay, so I'm trying to figure who's related to who and in what way but it's really confusing.

So in Cinder, it's mentioned that:
1. Levana murdered her husband
2. Levana murdered her sister, Queen C...more
Blythe
I am so desperate for this, I think I may throw a tantrum.
Milkshakemonster101
Feb 04, 2014 Milkshakemonster101 marked it as to-read
Okay. There are gonna be spoilers in this review (well, it's not really a review, more like MY PREDICTIONS FOR WINTER!!! EEEEEEKKK!!!), so don't expect me to hide 'em all :P
Yah. So. Obviously I was sighing and OMG-ing at the end of Cress because Cinder and Kai kissed! A true, we-were-meant-to-be kiss.

And now, I have to wait a whole year for Winter to come out. Them authors gotta know how traumatizing it is for us readers to wait a whole year for another book.

Okay, enough babbling.
Now, my predi...more
danielle
Feb 07, 2014 danielle marked it as 2015-releases
EDIT: And here's a teaser from Winter, and I'm thinking it HAS to be Jacin talking to Winter: "I am your guard. I'm here to protect you and keep you out of trouble, and that’s it."
This means it's one of those romances where the guy keeps trying to deny his feelings and be all stoic but WE KNOW BETTER. <333

>>>>>>>>>>>>

From this interview with Marissa Meyer, it seems Jacin (a Lunar guard we meet in the first book) will be Winter's love interest. I seriously...more
Mia
Mar 24, 2013 Mia marked it as to-read
Wait... so it's not in Germany?! Sorry, this is kind of hard to explain.. Meyer has been setting her books in the countries of the origin of the fairytale. Like the Cinderella tale from China and a famous version of "Little Red Riding Hood" from France. Snow White is from Germany... Also I noticed that Winter is probably Levana's stepdaughter (in Cinder they talk about the rumors regarding the Lunar Queen and one of them was "she forced her stepdaughter to multilate her own face".) You've probab...more
Inyene
Jul 20, 2013 Inyene marked it as to-read
You know what I love?! That Winter is African American. The creativity of the last book is gonna be amazing.
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus)
Okay, you know what? To make the pain of waiting for one more year until this book comes out more bearable, I'm going to pretend that I don't want this book.

...

Yeah this is gonna take me some time. *sobs*
Sue (YAHollywood)
I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK NOW I HAVE NEEDS.

Celine
Mar 14, 2013 Celine marked it as to-read
This one will take place on the moon. ON THE MOON.
FallingAngels
Jun 28, 2013 FallingAngels marked it as to-read
SO SAD! I want Cress so bad, but knowing it will end in a cliff-hanger, is it better to wait for Winter to come out, or read immediately. I was so happy I didn't read Cinder until Scarlet came out. I read it in 3 hours the day of, and got Scarlet from the bookstore! I was so happy. Now, about Winter. THE MOON! YES YES YES YES YES YES!
Elizabeth Huh
Mar 07, 2013 Elizabeth Huh marked it as to-read
Snow White?!!!!! Aaaahhhh! Omgomgomgomgomg!!!!! Cinder and Snow White?!! I do hope Scarlet, and Cress take some part in the story though. Or is there going to be a fifth book?! I know I am taking this way too far. Cress is to be released in 2014 and this will probably be released in 2015 or later..... How am I going to live?! Ugggh!!!!
Discussion/Predictions on Winter? 10 58 Jul 29, 2014 11:49AM
COVER THEORIES! 14 123 Jul 23, 2014 04:04PM
Winter - Jacin - Levana I THINK I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! 3 31 Jul 21, 2014 09:15PM
I think I know what She meant 2 50 Jun 07, 2014 01:46PM
Young Adult Book ...: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles Book 4) 23 168 May 22, 2014 08:25PM
Cinder and other fairytale characters 2 76 Dec 07, 2013 08:58PM
  • The Orphan Queen
  • Untitled (Starbound, #3)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Untitled (The Fifth Wave #3)
  • The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • Untitled (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • Crimson Bound
  • Red Queen
  • The Cage (The Cage, #1)
  • Untitled (Scarlet #3)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • Untitled (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • When I Wake
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

“A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”
30 likes
“What did you bring me today? Delusional mutterings with a side of crazy?” 27 likes