Start by marking “Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Winter

Marissa Meyer

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  405 ratings  ·  229 reviews
This book will feature Cinder and Snow White and will take place on the moon.
Expected publication: November 24th 2015 by Feiwel and Friends (first published November 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Laura The publishing industry doesn't publish faster or slower based on the number of pages. There's a whole process - receiving the full manuscript, edits…moreThe publishing industry doesn't publish faster or slower based on the number of pages. There's a whole process - receiving the full manuscript, edits back and forth with the author, designing the cover, designing the pages, formatting the type, production, marketing, and promotion. The whole process usually takes 1-2 years, from a manuscript reaching the editor's desk to the book in your hands. (less)
Winter by Marissa MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Ruby Circle by Richelle MeadEnd of Days by Susan EeThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
1st out of 499 books — 2,280 voters
The Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerPrince of Shadows by Cassandra ClareWinter by Marissa Meyer
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
5th out of 275 books — 11,097 voters

More lists with this book...

Dana
Apr 13, 2013 Dana marked it as not-yet-released
*Sees release date*

Angela (:
*** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

TEASERS (taken from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
“What happens if they touch?”
“The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappr
Kayla
Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an interesting character I'm so excited!

After Reading Cress

So, without too many spoilers, I'm just going to leave this little exchange here:

Winter: "You shouldn't call me crazy. They don't like that."

Other Character: "But you are!"

Winter: "I know that I am. Do you know how I know? Because the walls of t
dick gansey
Feb 25, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
[image error]

I have to wait 2 years for this?

description

Wait a minute... It's on the moon?

description

DOES THAT MEAN WE GET NO KAI AND CINDER INTERACTION???

William
Feb 09, 2014 William marked it as to-read
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! 2015?! 1 whole year. BRB CRYING.

1 whole year without this conclusion that I DESPERATELY need. 1 more year. *gasp* NEED MORE CINDER AND KAI.

NEED MORE OF THIS SERIES. *gasping*

David Angle
I am excited to read this as well as WINTER! If anyone else is looking for information regarding the future of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES (Specifically "Cress" and the finale "Winter") then look no further. I have dug through all the information I could find around the web and here you go:

>CRESS: will be out EARLY 2014 (Based on Rapunzel). Cress (short for Crescent Moon) is a computer hacker stuck in a satellite orbiting Earth, being forced to spy on the Earthen leaders for Queen Levana. Cress has
Kimberly
Feb 11, 2014 Kimberly marked it as to-read
OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demands are remedied.

Of course, if yo
Eryn
Oct 09, 2013 Eryn marked it as to-read
2015.

Cece
Feb 11, 2014 Cece marked it as to-read
Shelves: need
The following chunk of words and multiple updates are mostly theories that I have no where else to share. Be warned.

UPDATE 11/2/2014:
GUYS GUYS GUYS I HAVE A NEW THEORY (well actually two) AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL COME TRUE LIKE HOW MY THEORY ON (view spoiler) DID. Oh man was that a hella prediction/fantasy-at-the-time.

I ain't protecting your eyes from this spoiler like I did the older update. This one's about the Jacin and Winter romance.

Theory #1
Sydney
February 4th, 2014
"Expected publication date: winter 2015"
Tabatha
Mar 10, 2014 Tabatha marked it as sequels-to-read
The cover will probably feature a red apple right?

*UPDATE 10/03/14
I've been doing some thinking.. And are Winter's 'pets' perhaps her dwarfs?
I mean, Scarlet definitely grumpy.. Understandably so, but grumpy nonetheless..

Over & Out, T xx
little machines
Oct 11, 2014 little machines marked it as need-you-more-than-dope
Can the goddamn cover just come out already? There better be a damn apple on it or something. Fuck, I can barely wait.
Eileen
Jul 02, 2014 Eileen marked it as to-read

Teasers everyone!

^Jacin and Winter!

^That's gotta be Cinder to Kai

Read the rest of them here: http://ei-leenonme.tumblr.com/post/76...

UPDATE 2/4/14

Now that I've read CRESS, I think I really like Jacin's character.
He's like one of those guys who pretends not to have feelings and acts all cold and uncaring. Also, there was a chapter with Princess Winter in it, although I'm not sure what her personality is like yet.
But I have a feeling that I'm gonna love the Winter x Jacin thing!

1/2/14

Jacin
Raxa
Feb 13, 2014 Raxa marked it as to-read
FIRST.OF.ALL.

THE.DATE.

description

Having finished the Cress Book my feelings are in an inner turmoil. Not much worse with the second book cliffhanger but just as is! Ugh. I cannot.

description

Better find meself a new book to pry my focus on. Because this fucking book just shred all my emotions I didn't think I could have for a series and I want it. I want the next book so fucking bad.

Blythe
I am so desperate for this, I think I may throw a tantrum.
Ashrakat Deyab
May 28, 2013 Ashrakat Deyab marked it as to-read
WHAT?!!! This is taking place.... ON LUNA?!!!! THE MOON?!!! QUEEN LEVANA'S LUNA?!!

description

This is sure to be one hell of a finale :O
Jane
Jul 11, 2014 Jane marked it as to-read
Wait. WAIT.

Did I not read this correctly, or is Winter really coming out in November 2015?!

Holy shit. I didn't read it wrongly and Amanda Seyfried's eyes do not lie. But still. This release date is for real?!?! And I thought Jan/Feb 2015 was bad enough.

Ugh.

But anyway, here are some of my theories

(9/2/14)
Okay, so I'm trying to figure who's related to who and in what way but it's really confusing.

So in Cinder, it's mentioned that:
1. Levana murdered her husband
2. Levana murdered her sister, Queen C
Nadia
Feb 06, 2014 Nadia marked it as to-read
6.2.13: Dear Marissa Meyer,

Sooooo how about you give me the book now?

No? Pretty please?

I'm singing again...

Still no?

Okay.

6.12.12:What if I die before that??? Wouldn't I become a ghost with unmet wishes??? WTH!!! :/
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie

• Winter • Snow White •

Milkshakemonster101
Feb 04, 2014 Milkshakemonster101 marked it as to-read
Okay. There are gonna be spoilers in this review (well, it's not really a review, more like MY PREDICTIONS FOR WINTER!!! EEEEEEKKK!!!), so don't expect me to hide 'em all :P
Yah. So. Obviously I was sighing and OMG-ing at the end of Cress because Cinder and Kai kissed! A true, we-were-meant-to-be kiss.

And now, I have to wait a whole year for Winter to come out. Them authors gotta know how traumatizing it is for us readers to wait a whole year for another book.

Okay, enough babbling.
Now, my predi
Isabelle
I NEED THIS BOOK AS MUCH AS KAI NEEDS CINDER.

November 10, 2015. Take a minute for that to settle in.

Hayley G
Oct 08, 2012 Hayley G marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
What about Scarlet and Wolf? They have to be in this!
danielle
Oct 11, 2014 danielle marked it as 2015-releases
Shelves: 2015-november
EDIT: And here's a teaser from Winter, and I'm thinking it HAS to be Jacin talking to Winter: "I am your guard. I'm here to protect you and keep you out of trouble, and that’s it."
This means it's one of those romances where the guy keeps trying to deny his feelings and be all stoic but WE KNOW BETTER. <333

>>>>>>>>>>>>

From this interview with Marissa Meyer, it seems Jacin (a Lunar guard we meet in the first book) will be Winter's love interest. I seriously
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
Are my eyes deceiving me?
Does that release date really say NOVEMBER 2015?
When just a few days ago it said February 2015?
DO YOU HONESTLY MEAN TO TELL ME THAT INSTEAD OF WAITING A YEAR, I HAVE TO WAIT ALMOST TWO YEARS???????!
Mia
Mar 24, 2013 Mia marked it as to-read
Wait... so it's not in Germany?! Sorry, this is kind of hard to explain.. Meyer has been setting her books in the countries of the origin of the fairytale. Like the Cinderella tale from China and a famous version of "Little Red Riding Hood" from France. Snow White is from Germany... Also I noticed that Winter is probably Levana's stepdaughter (in Cinder they talk about the rumors regarding the Lunar Queen and one of them was "she forced her stepdaughter to multilate her own face".) You've probab ...more
Sue (YAHollywood)
I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK NOW I HAVE NEEDS.

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
Okay, you know what? To make the pain of waiting for one more year until this book comes out more bearable, I'm going to pretend that I don't want this book.

...

Yeah this is gonna take me some time. *sobs*
Inyene
Jul 20, 2013 Inyene marked it as to-read
You know what I love?! That Winter is African American. The creativity of the last book is gonna be amazing.
Winter - Jacin - Levana I THINK I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! 7 77 Oct 23, 2014 08:31AM
COVER THEORIES! 15 160 Oct 22, 2014 04:46PM
Discussion/Predictions on Winter? 11 89 Oct 06, 2014 01:00PM
LEVANA'S BACKSTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 14 Sep 04, 2014 02:58PM
I think I know what She meant 2 65 Jun 07, 2014 01:46PM
Young Adult Book ...: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles Book 4) 23 186 May 22, 2014 08:25PM
Cinder and other fairytale characters 2 84 Dec 07, 2013 08:58PM
  • Six of Crows (A Grisha Novel)
  • Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • The Cage (The Cage, #1)
  • Passenger (Untitled Series #1)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • Crimson Bound
  • Untitled (The Fifth Wave #3)
  • Untitled (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • When I Wake
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Mechanica
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1)
  • Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1)
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

“A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”
37 likes
“What did you bring me today? Delusional mutterings with a side of crazy?” 34 likes