Start by marking “Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.5  ·  Rating Details ·  91,021 Ratings  ·  15,282 Reviews
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Le
Hardcover, 1st, 832 pages
Published November 10th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

Win a Copy of This Book

• Winter by Marissa Meyer
    Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
    Release date: Nov 10, 2015
    Enter to win an Indonesian language edition of WINTER: Book Four of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, published by Penerbit Spring.

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 6 copies available, 4969 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 09 - Jan 24, 2017

Countries available: US, CA, and ID

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Amanda NO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the…moreNO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the tower, Scarlet is Red Riding Hood, Wolf is the wolf in Red Riding Hood and Iko does not belong to any of these fairy tail but she is... the most cool and beautiful android in New Beijing! The only characters from Snow White are Jacin (Prince Charming), Winter (Snow White)and Levana (The Evil Queen, the fairest of them all)
    Oh, and NO!, EVEN IF WINTER IS BASED OFF FROM SNOW WHITE IT DOESNT MEAN THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE THE 7 DWARFS, DONT YOU DARE DEMEAN AND DEGRADE THEM LIKE THAT! Sorry, I love the Lunar Chronicles and I just want other people to respect them as I do. I am a full time fangirl, if you are one too, you will understand the pain of disrespectfulness to our fandoms. Dont feel offended!(less)
    Kameron B. Moore The page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is…moreThe page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is the biggest book out of them all, and she won't reveal how big until closer to the publication date. Also, page number has nothing to do with how slow or fast something is published: it is based on the author and the publisher's release schedule. Hope this helped!(less)

Emily May
    Mar 04, 2016 Emily May rated it really liked it
    “She was prettier than a bouquet of roses and crazier than a headless chicken. Fitting in was not an option.”

And... I've finished! *sob*

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of Lunar Chronicles. After finally giving in and picking up Scarlet, even though I hated Cinder, I just haven't been able to get enough of this series. And this longass final installment was a heart-pounding, fast-paced finale.

You know, I actually checked and this is the longest YA book I have ever read at over 820 page
    Dana
    Dec 24, 2015 Dana marked it as to-read
    *Sees release date*

Kat O'Keeffe
    Jan 03, 2016 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing
    THIS WAS AMAZING! It was exactly what I wanted from a series finale--epic, intense, emotional, and satisfying! Just like with the previous books, I loved the world, the characters, the story, and the writing. This is one of my favorite series of all time, and I'm so so happy with this beautiful conclusion!

If you like sci-fi, fairy tale retellings, or you just want to read an epic & satisfying series--YOU NEED THE LUNAR CHRONICLES IN YOUR LIFE!
    Jesse (JesseTheReader)
    Jan 11, 2016 Jesse (JesseTheReader) rated it really liked it
    I’m going to miss these little train wrecks.
    I’m going to miss the banter between Cinder and Thorne.
    I’m going to miss all the relationships & friendships.
    I’m going to miss my sassy queen Iko.
    I'm going to miss this series so much. AHHH.
    THIS IS ALL JUST SO BITTERSWEET. WOW.

UPDATE - Full video review here: https://youtu.be/KIcWKgTN294
    Christine Riccio
    Jan 04, 2016 Christine Riccio rated it it was amazing
    WHAT A FANTASTIC FINALE!!!!!! I LOVED IT. HERE'S My full review/ discusison booktalk! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaaxw...
    Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
    Jan 17, 2016 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: owned
    After finishing the last page, I got a little teary. From finishing not only a fantastic book, but also one of my favourite series. I don't really know what to do now...
    Angela
    *** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

TEASERS (from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
    She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
    “What happens if they touch?”
    “The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappropriat
    Etnik
    Sep 07, 2016 Etnik rated it it was amazing
    WINTER IS GOALS.LOVED EVERY SECOND SPENT READING THIS.A MASTERPIECE.
    Kayla
    Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an interesting character I'm so excited!

After Reading Cress

So, without too many spoilers, I'm just going to leave this little exchange here:

Winter: "You shouldn't call me crazy. They don't like that."

Other Character: "But you are!"

Winter: "I know that I am. Do you know how I know? Because the walls of t
    Zoë
    Dec 22, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.5/5

A great conclusion for such a wonderful series! A TAD underwhelmed by the ending, but it was action packed and all of my little babies ended up where I wanted them, so I'm happy!
    Steph Sinclair
    I just love how Snow White will be a person of color. Totally wasn't expecting that. Is it Winter yet?
    Katerina
    Jan 15, 2017 Katerina rated it it was amazing
    “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was a lonely girl who dreamed too much. Her name was Katerina. She used to gaze at the sky and observe the faint light of the moon. One night, she watched a falling star and made a wish. She wished that she would belong. Escape. Travel. Feel. Little did she know that her heart's desire was about to be granted. For when the star landed on Earth, it took a woman's form. In some stories they call her the fairy g
    William
    Mar 19, 2016 William rated it it was ok
    AFTER READING
    I write this review 3 months after finishing the book to give me the space to think about why I was so disappointed by this book so much. This review is definitely not representative of the majority opinion, and one I never expected to hold before reading this book. Don't get me wrong though. I was SO EXCITED for this book as it was the conclusion to what is a wonderful series. Maybe I was expecting too much, or perhaps I have changed as a person since reading the first three books,
    Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
    Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I've been a champion of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES for years now. I saw CINDER featured for months and months on Fantastic Fiction (b/c before I started using Goodreads), and I was simultaneously intrigued and horrified by the concept of a sci-fi YA retelling of a fairy tale. Honestly, I don't remember what finally convinced me to pick it up. I was just glad I did.

Now I'm not so sure. The first two books were fantastic, and while I wasn’t quite as fond of the third, it wasn’t
    Natalie Monroe

"I can't believe this is happening. I can't fight like this, or start a revolution, or be a queen. I can't do anything like this. I'm literally broken."

Iko settled a hand on Cinder's shoulder. "Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable."

Winter isn't perfect. Marissa Meyer has some very big shoes to fill. Expectations are high, fans are passionate... but I do feel she left us with a largely satisfying ending.

I know what a lot of non-readers are wondering: does it drag? Surprisingly,
    Darth J
    Stars Above
    Cinder
    Scarlet
    Cress

This finale to the Lunar Chronicles finds Cinder on a mission to take her rightful place on the throne of Luna, as she is the lost princess Selene.

Winter faces a major pacing problem. It's over 800 pages and a lot of it is just blah blah. It reminds me of a video game with too many tedious side quests and overlong cutscenes that you can't skip through. While there's plenty of action, the meat to garnish ratio here is not filling
    Kimberly
    Feb 11, 2014 Kimberly marked it as to-read
    OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demands are remedied.

Of course, if yo
    Danielle (Love at First Page)
    That's how you end a series. I am in love!

A star for each one of my ships:
    *Scarlet & Wolf, forever my favorites. They, I think, have had the roughest journey of all, but they're love also seems the strongest. They never waver, especially in this book.
    *Cress & Thorne, who fully stole my heart in Winter. They are adorable beyond words, and so very, very perfect for each other.
    *Winter & Jacin, with their childhood love turned into something far fiercer and truer. They are each other's
    Maureen
    Nov 14, 2015 Maureen rated it it was amazing
    4.5/5
    I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS DON'T TOUCH ME RIGHT NOW.
    I really really loved this book. The character interactions were ON POINT as always. I love this cast of characters so so much and I care SO MUCH ABOUT THEM.
    World building - YAS. I loved reading about Luna and picturing everything, especially the throne room
    I can't really totally give it a 5 stars because it just felt so long and like so many things happened at the beginning that there wasn't really a climax - that being said, it was really
    Jessica (priceiswong)
    Jan 08, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites, own
    So PERFECT! This will always be one of my favorite series!
    Highly recommend if you love fairy tale retellings or sci fi!Full discussion with spoilers will be written tomorrow! Its late!
    Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
    MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER! I was so happy with the way this book went and the way it ended. Well, one part made me sad. There were parts that I wanted to yell, throw things, hulk smash, off with heads and so forth and so on, but I digress. I don't want to give out any kind of spoilers since so many people are reading this book right now or are going to be reading. So, this review is going to be filled with some excerpts from the book and pictures because tha
    Dorreh
    Oct 13, 2016 Dorreh rated it really liked it
    No one touch me, I'm very fragile right now!!!

Oh my Gaaawwwwddddddd

What was that?! What splendid tragically heartbreaking exhilarating heart warming masterpiece of a conclusion was that?

Okay, deeeeeeppp breaths.........

Now to begin my review; first of all 823 pages of a story it was indeed. This was easily two books fit into one. Secondly they all finally got their happily ever afters, so I'm a messy ball of goo right now.

The book started of with a slightly slower pace, then elevated slowly as
    shady
    Feb 10, 2016 shady rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2015-faves
    4.5 stars. Satisfying ending, great series overall. Had fun.
    Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
    4.5 Stars. My heart is happy. This series is precious.

First off, the plot of this book was pretty nuts - packed to the brim with action. Completely wild and stressful. I was in CONSTANT worry about all my little book darlings. Honestly there were very few dull moments.

Is it completely contradictory for me to say this book was light and sweet but also intense and full of feels?

Winter + Jacin
    Alright, I’m probably in the minority on this one. I wasn’t as attached to them as I was the other char
    Bangadybangz
    Mar 27, 2016 Bangadybangz rated it it was amazing
    So as you can tell from my 5-star rating, I liked this one a lot! Very satisfying conclusion to an amazing series.

I'm planning on posting a video review of the series so I won't put all my thoughts here (and those are A LOT of thoughts since the book is like a million pages long). Suffice it to say this book had me a nervous wreck from start to finish, and the ending was just SO satisfying.

Also I loved all the Snow White tie-ins. I see you, Marissa Meyer, being all clever :)

Check my YouTube cha
    Erin
    Back in March 2014, after finally finishing Cress: 2015.

After the cover reveal: Why is each cover a different shade of indigo? Also, this is the most ominous apple I have ever seen.
    Samantha
    Dec 02, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it
    Shelves: on-my-shelf
    Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
    Nov 15, 2015 Jillian (bookishandnerdy) rated it it was amazing
    THIS BOOK MADE ME SOOOOOOO HAPPY
    AN AMAZING EPIC CONCLUSION TO AN AMAZING SERIES
    HOLY CRAP. I CRIED. I LAUGHED. I SWOONED.
    ALL MY SHIPS SAILED.
    OMG MARATHONING THIS SERIES WAS THE BEST. THE BEST.
    Yulitza Moncada
    Oct 09, 2016 Yulitza Moncada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Este libro definitivamente es mi favorito, por mucho a los 3 anteriores, no tengo palabras para describir cuanto ame este libro, cuantas emociones sentí, Marissa Meyer supo darnos una conclusión FENOMENAL DE ESTa GRANDIOSA SAGA DE LIBROS MAGNÍFICOS.

Los personajes de este libro son mi vida, los amo a cada uno de ellos, (QUIZÁS A UNOS MAS QUE A OTROS), Cinder , Scarlet, Cress y Winter son unos personas perfectos, cada una de ellas tiene sus cosas buenas y malas, pero definitivamente CRESS se gano
    Andie
    Apr 02, 2016 Andie rated it it was amazing
    Stars above, what an awesomely thrilling end to one my favorite series! It was everything I wanted and then some. Cinder, Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne, Cress, Jacin, and Winter have been the best crew and I'm so sad to see their stories come to an end.

I tip my hat to Marissa Meyer for taking beloved fairy tales and masterfully putting her own incredible sci-fi spin to them. With so many storylines coming together in WINTER and the impending revolution, it could have been a mess but Meyer totally
    Cinder + Kai VS. Scarlet + Wolf 14 48 Jan 20, 2017 05:52PM
    Character Elimination in the Lunar Chronicles 627 369 Jan 15, 2017 03:03AM
    Who is your favorite couple in the book? 19 164 Jan 11, 2017 06:09PM
    Theory on Winter and Snow White 10 90 Dec 28, 2016 10:27AM
    For Love of a Book: Winter - Buddy Read November 19 16 Dec 28, 2016 05:49AM
    Around the Year i...: Winter, by Marissa Meyer 14 88 Nov 25, 2016 12:44PM
    Quirky Reads | Bo...: Winter | Marissa Meyer 17 55 Nov 07, 2016 04:35AM
    • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
    • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
    • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
    • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
    • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
    • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
    • Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)
    • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
    • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
    • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
    • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
    • The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)
    • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
    • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
    • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
    • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
    • Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
    I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
    • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
    • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

“Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable.” 528 likes
    “A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
    Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”
    353 likes