Start by marking “Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  66,699 Ratings  ·  12,277 Reviews
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Lev
Published November 10th 2015 by Feiwel and Friends

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Kirsten
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Book Devourer The page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is…moreThe page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is the biggest book out of them all, and she won't reveal how big until closer to the publication date. Also, page number has nothing to do with how slow or fast something is published: it is based on the author and the publisher's release schedule. Hope this helped!(less)
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Heir by Kiera CassEnd of Days by Susan Ee
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
1st out of 2,442 books — 12,346 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2015
1st out of 1,450 books — 8,184 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Mar 04, 2016 Emily May rated it really liked it
“She was prettier than a bouquet of roses and crazier than a headless chicken. Fitting in was not an option.”

And... I've finished! *sob*

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of Lunar Chronicles. After finally giving in and picking up Scarlet, even though I hated Cinder, I just haven't been able to get enough of this series. And this longass final installment was a heart-pounding, fast-paced finale.

You know, I actually checked and this is the longest YA book I have ever read at over 820 page
Dana
Dec 24, 2015 Dana marked it as to-read
*Sees release date*

Kat O'Keeffe
Jan 03, 2016 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS AMAZING! It was exactly what I wanted from a series finale--epic, intense, emotional, and satisfying! Just like with the previous books, I loved the world, the characters, the story, and the writing. This is one of my favorite series of all time, and I'm so so happy with this beautiful conclusion!

If you like sci-fi, fairy tale retellings, or you just want to read an epic & satisfying series--YOU NEED THE LUNAR CHRONICLES IN YOUR LIFE!
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Jan 11, 2016 Jesse (JesseTheReader) rated it really liked it
I’m going to miss these little train wrecks.
I’m going to miss the banter between Cinder and Thorne.
I’m going to miss all the relationships & friendships.
I’m going to miss my sassy queen Iko.
I'm going to miss this series so much. AHHH.
THIS IS ALL JUST SO BITTERSWEET. WOW.

UPDATE - Full video review here: https://youtu.be/KIcWKgTN294
Christine Riccio
Jan 04, 2016 Christine Riccio rated it it was amazing
WHAT A FANTASTIC FINALE!!!!!! I LOVED IT. HERE'S My full review/ discusison booktalk! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaaxw...
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jan 17, 2016 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
After finishing the last page, I got a little teary. From finishing not only a fantastic book, but also one of my favourite series. I don't really know what to do now...
Angela
*** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

TEASERS (from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
“What happens if they touch?”
“The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappropriat
Etnik
May 30, 2016 Etnik rated it it was amazing
WINTER IS GOALS.LOVED EVERY SECOND SPENT READING THIS.A MASTERPIECE.
Kayla
Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an interesting character I'm so excited!

After Reading Cress

So, without too many spoilers, I'm just going to leave this little exchange here:

Winter: "You shouldn't call me crazy. They don't like that."

Other Character: "But you are!"

Winter: "I know that I am. Do you know how I know? Because the walls of t
Zoë
Dec 22, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

A great conclusion for such a wonderful series! A TAD underwhelmed by the ending, but it was action packed and all of my little babies ended up where I wanted them, so I'm happy!
Steph Sinclair
I just love how Snow White will be a person of color. Totally wasn't expecting that. Is it Winter yet?
William
Mar 19, 2016 William rated it it was ok
AFTER READING
I write this review 3 months after finishing the book to give me the space to think about why I was so disappointed by this book so much. This review is definitely not representative of the majority opinion, and one I never expected to hold before reading this book. Don't get me wrong though. I was SO EXCITED for this book as it was the conclusion to what is a wonderful series. Maybe I was expecting too much, or perhaps I have changed as a person since reading the first three books,
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
6/25/16 - ON SALE for $2.99:

I hated it, but 99% of the rest of the world LOVED it, so . . .

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I've been a champion of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES for years now. I saw CINDER featured for months and months on Fantastic Fiction (b/c before I started using Goodreads), and I was simultaneously intrigued and horrified by the concept of a sci-fi YA retelling of a fairy tale. Honestly, I don't remember what finally convinced me to pick it up. I was just glad I di
April
Stars Above
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress

This finale to the Lunar Chronicles finds Cinder on a mission to take her rightful place on the throne of Luna, as she is the lost princess Selene.

Winter faces a major pacing problem. It's over 800 pages and a lot of it is just blah blah. It reminds me of a video game with too many tedious side quests and overlong cutscenes that you can't skip through. While there's plenty of action, the meat to garnish ratio here is not filling
Natalie Monroe

"I can't believe this is happening. I can't fight like this, or start a revolution, or be a queen. I can't do anything like this. I'm literally broken."

Iko settled a hand on Cinder's shoulder. "Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable."

Winter isn't perfect. Marissa Meyer has some very big shoes to fill. Expectations are high, fans are passionate... but I do feel she left us with a largely satisfying ending.

I know what a lot of non-readers are wondering: does it drag? Surprisingly,
Kimberly
Feb 11, 2014 Kimberly marked it as to-read
OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demands are remedied.

Of course, if yo
Danielle (Love at First Page)
That's how you end a series. I am in love!

A star for each one of my ships:
*Scarlet & Wolf, forever my favorites. They, I think, have had the roughest journey of all, but they're love also seems the strongest. They never waver, especially in this book.
*Cress & Thorne, who fully stole my heart in Winter. They are adorable beyond words, and so very, very perfect for each other.
*Winter & Jacin, with their childhood love turned into something far fiercer and truer. They are each other's
Maureen
Nov 14, 2015 Maureen rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS DON'T TOUCH ME RIGHT NOW.
I really really loved this book. The character interactions were ON POINT as always. I love this cast of characters so so much and I care SO MUCH ABOUT THEM.
World building - YAS. I loved reading about Luna and picturing everything, especially the throne room
I can't really totally give it a 5 stars because it just felt so long and like so many things happened at the beginning that there wasn't really a climax - that being said, it was really
Jessica (priceiswong)
Jan 08, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
So PERFECT! This will always be one of my favorite series!
Highly recommend if you love fairy tale retellings or sci fi!Full discussion with spoilers will be written tomorrow! Its late!
shady boots
Feb 10, 2016 shady boots rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-faves
4.5 stars. Satisfying ending, great series overall. Had fun.
Bangadybangz
Mar 27, 2016 Bangadybangz rated it it was amazing
So as you can tell from my 5-star rating, I liked this one a lot! Very satisfying conclusion to an amazing series.

I'm planning on posting a video review of the series so I won't put all my thoughts here (and those are A LOT of thoughts since the book is like a million pages long). Suffice it to say this book had me a nervous wreck from start to finish, and the ending was just SO satisfying.

Also I loved all the Snow White tie-ins. I see you, Marissa Meyer, being all clever :)

Check my YouTube cha
Erin
Back in March 2014, after finally finishing Cress: 2015.

After the cover reveal: Why is each cover a different shade of indigo? Also, this is the most ominous apple I have ever seen.
Samantha
Dec 02, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Nov 15, 2015 Jillian (bookishandnerdy) rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK MADE ME SOOOOOOO HAPPY
AN AMAZING EPIC CONCLUSION TO AN AMAZING SERIES
HOLY CRAP. I CRIED. I LAUGHED. I SWOONED.
ALL MY SHIPS SAILED.
OMG MARATHONING THIS SERIES WAS THE BEST. THE BEST.
Andie (_HalfBl00dPrincess)
Stars above, what an awesomely thrilling end to one my favorite series! It was everything I wanted and then some. Cinder, Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne, Cress, Jacin, and Winter have been the best crew and I'm so sad to see their stories come to an end.

I tip my hat to Marissa Meyer for taking beloved fairy tales and masterfully putting her own incredible sci-fi spin to them. With so many storylines coming together in WINTER and the impending revolution, it could have been a mess but Meyer totally
Melissa Martin
Jan 24, 2016 Melissa Martin rated it it was amazing
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER! I was so happy with the way this book went and the way it ended. Well, one part made me sad. There were parts that I wanted to yell, throw things, hulk smash, off with heads and so forth and so on, but I digress. I don't want to give out any kind of spoilers since so many people are reading this book right now or are going to be reading. So, this review is going to be filled with some excerpts from the book and pictures because tha
Cody
800+ PAGES OF PURE GOODNESS!

How do I even express my utter love and adoration for this series? Also how absolutely thrilled I am that Winter was everything I wanted it to be and more. Prepare yourself for an emotional roller coaster, some twist and turns and whole lotta’ shipping going on!

Quick Summary: So in the beginning we are quickly caught up and reminded of the plot through Cinder, Scaret and Cress all the way to the present day. Cinder and her crew kidnapped Prince Kai on his wedding da
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE READ IN MY LIFE. Like, really. I'm not even kidding. I am just a crazy mess of emotions right now.

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading this. But once I started it, I never wanted to leave. I dragged it out for like two weeks because I just did not want it to end. (Well, and also it's massively long. But, still.)

Winter is everything I wanted it to be and more. It's intense, it's frightening, it's hilarious. It made me laugh, cry, and sc
Clau R.
Dec 15, 2015 Clau R. rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.5

Maybe I'll write a review later, for now, this is the order of the books from my favorite to my least favorite:

1. Cress (that book was EPIC).
2. Winter
3. Scarlet
4. Cinder (which I liked, but not that much).
Character Elimination in the Lunar Chronicles 620 341 Jun 28, 2016 07:57AM
Fangirls and Fanboys: Winter by Marissa Meyer 3 9 Jun 24, 2016 07:37PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - Restarting June 15th AND 22nd 2016 273 217 Jun 22, 2016 09:07AM
WOLFFFFF *spoilers* 17 74 Jun 14, 2016 09:45PM
The Page Turners: Lunar Chronicles Series 2 11 May 31, 2016 08:03PM
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School, #4)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Stitching Snow
  • Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)
  • Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

4 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable.” 372 likes
“A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”
310 likes