Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  63,601 ratings  ·  9,218 reviews
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.

Ruby F It comes out in November 2015!
It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
4th out of 2,631 books — 15,806 voters
YA Novels of 2014
3rd out of 1,489 books — 7,992 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Angela (:
FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
Steph Sinclair
This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
Angelica

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
g
bob

UPDATE!!!!!
The cover for these book
Kat O'Keeffe
Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
Elevetha

2014?

description

Are you absolutely sure you don't want to give it to me now??

Like, positive?

Ugh.

Oh, and I had it straight from Marissa herself that, yes, Scarlet and Wolf will be in Cress with POVs!!! (I think the POV is Scarlet's though)

4.5 stars.
Gillian
*EXPLODES*

BEST YET. WINTER, WHY YOU SO FAR AWAY? WHAT IS BRAIN.

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

This review contains spoilers for books one and two in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Scarlet.

Okay. Words. I need to put together words for this book, but I can't because THIS BOOK.

It's a big, honking long book, and trust me, that's the best part. You never want this ride to end. We're thrust into action and adventure from the get-go. The characters you've come to love throughout the series su
dick gansey
May 03, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
description

It will always be Kai and Cinder.

******TEASERS*******

Opening paragraph:
Her satellite made one full orbit around planet Earth every sixteen hours. It was a prison that came with an endlessly breathtaking view—vast blue oceans and swirling clouds and sunrises that set half the world on fire.

Teaser Sentence as Randomly Selected by Twitter. From page 28:
“I don’t mind the scars.” He shrugged, his eyes taking on a mischievous spark. “They hold better memories now than they used to.”
Avery
EDIT 12/04/2013

THINGS HAPPEN. AND IT IS AMAZING.

Full review to come.

Original Review 03/09/2013

Just got back from Marissa's signing in Toronto. She told us a number of interesting versions of fairytales which have given me a number of different theories about this book. The biggest being?

(view spoiler)
Liz
Five wonderful stars!

Wonderful
Just.oh.so.wonderful read
Giselle
Holy crap what a wild ride! In this 3rd novel of the Lunar Chronicles series, we meet Rapunzel Cress and embark on her unplanned journey to earth. This novel is easily my favorite in the series thus far - and funnily, Rapunzel is also my favorite fairytale princess! We are just meant to be!

We swing into action from the very beginning of this novel, during which we meet Cress and get to know the kind of life she lived inside this satellite for almost a decade. Like always, I love the references t
Jessica ❁ Edgedancer ❁ at Rabid Reads

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I’ve been very up front about my love of fairy tales, and Rapunzel is one of the only Grimms’ Fairy Tales that has a somewhat happy ending (even if it is a little bit risqué). In the original version, the prince finds Rapunzel after hearing her sing. He comes back day after day to listen to her, and eventually he sees the Witch and learns how to gain entrance to the tower. Which he does. Frequently.

*suggestively waggles eyebrows*

Which brings us to how Witch disco
Elena
Aug 01, 2013 Elena marked it as to-read
THE COVER. OHMYGOSH *______________________*
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

Rapunzel!
Sahara Desert!!! *^*
OMG.
description

But...2014? Why? Why? Why?????

Giselle at Book Nerd Canada
I was so excited for this one! Getting back in this world, just made me love the series even more. You know those worlds where you forget reality and you're sucked into the fictional world you're reading? This is what happened to me. Cress sucked me right in until I finished the very last page. I loved it. Marissa's writing is so easy and straight forward that you don't get confused whatsoever because everything is there for you to read up on. Pacing is on point and even though you might scoff a ...more
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
“I will not be shackled to this satellite anymore.”

• Rapunzel • Crescent •

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orde
Christine Riccio
CRESS WAS SO GOOD!!! JUST UPLOADED MY BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUVQ... Let's talk about it!!!!!!
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
I marathoned all three books in three days, if that tells you anything. And I pulled an all-nighter to finish this one -- so it's time for me to go to bed.

PS: I LOVED IT!

MY LUNAR CHRONICLES DISCUSSION VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZizJB...
Jon
Enter to win an ARC of Cress at Scott Reads It!

Cress was one of my most anticipated books of 2014 and so, I did a gleeful dance when it arrived in the mail. I really didn't know how Meyer could top the absolutely amazing Cinder and Scarlet, both of which are two of my all-time favorite books. Cress is definitely Marissa Meyer's best book to date and it upsets me how there is only one more book left in this series (Winter).

Cress, the titular character is probably my favorite character from Th
☪Poppet

So im trying to do reviews of books that i have alredy read and said that i was going to do a review but then i forgot and never did it and you know how i do. So since now it’s been like 84 years i might don’t remember some stuff but let’s give it a try…

This book it’s definetly the best so far and im pretty sure that Winter is going to be even better tbh i have really high expectations on it. Just think how finally we’re having like the whole squad together and it’s so exciting.

Alright let’s sta
Faith
Aug 05, 2013 Faith marked it as to-read
*08/05/13 Update*

OH MY GODDDDD!!!!! THE COVER HAS BEEN REVEALED!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AND IT'S AMAZINGG!!!!!!!!

---------------

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOG

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT OMG!

It sounds so amazing, I just can't.. like no.. waiting is so hard!

Cress comes out in freaking February! My birth month, so it's even harder to wait for considering it feels like I JUST HAD MY BIRTHDAY. But no... I didn't. 7 MORE MONTHS GUYS. IN THE MEANTIME I WILL HAVE TO BE TWIDDLING MY THUMBS

Anne
Loved it!
For some reason, I almost feel like I have to defend my love for these books. Is that weird? Or are there really a bunch of you out there giving me the Judgy Eye for being all aflutter every time I read another installment of the Lunar Chronicles? I'm just paranoid, right?
Right?!

Ok, so...Cress = Rapunzel (or Tangled, as my little girl calls her).
She's been imprisoned in a Tower (read: satellite orbiting the Earth) for years by an evil witch (read: Sybil) Her parents were forced to give
Celine Elk
Best. Book. In. The. Entire. Series. ... Yet.
This book met all of my great expectations. The story was absolutely epic, the characters went through so much development and it was just EPIC. I mean, it's FAIRYTALES AND SCIENCE FICTION. What could go wrong? Nothing!
The ending makes you want Winter right away! I seriously can't wait for it! I need it! It left me with so many yet unanswered questions.
Speaking of Winter, she is such a fantastic character! We only meet her in one single scene, but tha
Experiment BL626
I was disappointed with book 2, but I still liked the series. Cress is book 3, and yup. It’s official. The series has lost its luster for me. Scant progress. Scant character growth. Book 3 was essentially the same as book 2, more running away and hiding. Yeah, there were some plot twists here and there and a couple new characters, but our heroes were still running away and hiding, and doing a piss poor job of it.

+ the plot

The book started remarkably slowly considering what had happened at the e
Elena
I am so sad right now.
This book blew me away. I mean I really enjoy Cinder and Kai. I freaking love Scarlet and Wolf. AND I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THORNE AND CRESS! These two characters are so unbelievably perfect. I didn't want this book and more precisely their story to end. I NEED MORE! :(
I think Cress is one of my all time favourite female protagonists. I mean her actions and behaviour would probably annoy me if she was a normal teenage girl, but Cress' naivety and credulity is just so adorable.
Lotte
* 4.5/5 stars!
Upon typing the first few words of this review, I realized that I actually didn’t have a lot to say about the book, other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it! It’s action-packed to the max; it’s funny, quirky and romantic, and takes place in the most highly developed dystopian world I’ve read about. I can only recommend The Lunar Chronicles and can’t wait for Winter – I think it’s going to be amazing!
Marce♡
[5/5]

Me demoré más de lo que esperé en leerlo y creí que nunca acabaría, lol. Me pasó con este libro que al tener muchas páginas tenía la impresión de que muchas de ellas serían de relleno y es más, confesaré que me costo un poquito leerlo porque sentí algunos de sus capítulos algo densos y me costó tener esas ganas que dan de querer seguir leyendo. Hay capítulos y capítulos, por supuesto, y la verdad es que a pesar de ellos, el libro me gustó un montón. Sin duda supera mis expectativas dejadas
Rachel (Miss Perfection)
*****Five Stars*****

Opinion of this book:

Cinder and Thorne are fugitives on the run from Earthens and Lunars alike. Scarlet and Wolf have joined forces with them and together they plan to rescue the hacker (Cress) who has been imprisoned by Queen Levana. When the plan goes awry, the scattered group journeys to regroup and stop the royal wedding. As they plan and get ready to save the world, they learn more horrifying things about Queen Levana. With a huge bounty over Cinder's and Thorne's head
Keertana
Rating: 2.5 Stars

I can't say I enjoyed reading this; I counted down till the end. For those of you who aren't aware, Marissa Meyer and I have a love-hate relationship, leaning towards the latter, unfortunately. I found Cinder to be less-than-stellar, devoid of world-building and overtaken by a plot that was far too predictable. When the synopsis of Scarlet released, all it took was one mention of Wolf to have me scrambling for a copy. Admittedly, Scarlet had its flaws too, but I loved it. Unabas
Ellie
2014????!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

*EDIT*
THERE'S A COVERRRR!!!!!!! THERE'SACOVERTHERE'SACOVERTHERE'SACOVER

Gorgeous!! Probably my second favorite, behind Cinder. The cover of Scarlet was quite boring, I thought.

So does anyone think Cress and "Captain" Thorne will be a couple...?

*UPDATE: READ*

AAAAAH.

AAAAAAAHHHH.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I just finished Cress! And I'm unable to form coherent thoughts! Because it was just SO FREAKIN' GOOD!!!!

Okay, okay. *attempts to regain control of self*

Cress plea
Joel
*begins mourning period*
Lovely Reading: Cress discussions 9 7 28 minutes ago
Lunar Chronicles Elimination Game!!! 1565 502 8 hours, 0 min ago
The Mary Sue Book...: Jan/Feb Book: Cinder, All Things Cress 8 54 Apr 29, 2015 10:03AM
♥!The Young Adult...: Cress 16 68 Apr 26, 2015 01:57PM
Kai and Cinder's kiss 2 33 Apr 17, 2015 08:23PM
Thorne!!! 58 331 Apr 17, 2015 07:35PM
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Stitching Snow
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

12 trivia questions
1 quiz
More quizzes & trivia...
“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
521 likes
“He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.

Alpha.

Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"

"What star?"

She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.

But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.”
462 likes