Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  103,202 Ratings  ·  13,513 Reviews
Even in the future. there are damsels in distress...

In the third installment of the Lunar chronicles, Cress, having risked everything to warn Cinder of Queen Levana's evil plan, has a slight problem. She's been imprisoned on a satellite since childhood and has only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress a great hacker. Unfortunately, she's
Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

Win a Copy of This Book

ปกรณัมแดนจันทรา 3 ราพันเซลบนดาวเทียม
    Release date: Feb 10, 2014
    Enter to win a SIGNED Thai language edition of CRESS: Book Three of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1047 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 01 - Apr 30, 2016

Countries available: US, CA, and TH

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.

Ruby It comes out in November 2015!
    It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
    Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
    City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
    Can't Wait Books of 2014
    4th out of 2,666 books — 15,909 voters
    YA Novels of 2014
    3rd out of 1,519 books — 8,690 voters

More lists with this book...

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
    Nov 22, 2015 Jesse (JesseTheReader) rated it it was amazing
    THIS BOOK DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO THE HYPE FOR ME. OH MY GAHHHHH.
    ACTION. ADVENTURE. MADNESS. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY MY NEW SHIP: THORNE AND FREAKING CRESS. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCH. AHHHH.

(sorry not sorry for my not so professional review. ALL THE CAPS LOCK. ALL OF IT.)
    Anne
    Jan 02, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    inactive
    FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
    Steph Sinclair
    This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
    Angelica

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
    Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
    Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
    It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
    g
    bob

UPDATE!!!!!
    The cover for these book
    Katerina
    Jan 27, 2016 Katerina rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: fantasy, dystopia
    “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time,there was an avid reader (let's call her Teri) who lived and breathed words.When she was sad,she bought a book to cheer her up.When she was happy or successful,she bought a book to celebrate.When she was worried,she bought a book to forget her problems.One cold winter's night,she found herself in a magical place known as the Bookstore.A place full of wonders and fairydust,a safe haven from a world so mundane and sel
    Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
    Reread updates:

“The people of Luna don’t need a princess. They need a revolutionary.”
    Cinder furrowed her brow. “A revolutionary,” she repeated. She liked that a lot better than
    princess.

WELP. I'm sad to say that Cress still drove me mad for the first 75% of this book, but once again, she inexplicably improved in the end. This is one series that benefits greatly from multiple POVs.

Onward and upwards.

THEORIES: (view spoiler)
    Kat O'Keeffe
    Feb 19, 2014 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing
    Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
    Elevetha

2014?

description

Are you absolutely sure you don't want to give it to me now??

Like, positive?

Ugh.

Oh, and I had it straight from Marissa herself that, yes, Scarlet and Wolf will be in Cress with POVs!!! (I think the POV is Scarlet's though)

4.5 stars.

COMPLETE PERFECTION
    Darth J
    Jun 22, 2015 Darth J rated it it was ok
    Shelves: disappointing, series
    After just finding out that "Cress" stands for "Crescent", this is what is running through my head:

Sorry but this book just dragged on and on. I get that the author is trying to pull multiple POVs together now into one story, but it was very stop/start when done in the same scene. I didn't care very much for this entry in the series. I was so bored with this one that I have very little to say about the dry plot.
    Last night at around 1:30am, I came upon what I could tell was the beginning of the end of this book. It seemed like a good place to stop for the night, because I was still 150 pages from the end, and didn't want to get caught up in the conclusion of the story only to have to put it down to sleep. 1:30 is already past my bed time anyway! I put the book down, turned out the lights, and lay there thinking about how in the hell the gang was going to pull this epicness off.

And thinking...

And thinki
    Gillian
    *EXPLODES*

BEST YET. WINTER, WHY YOU SO FAR AWAY? WHAT IS BRAIN.

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

This review contains spoilers for books one and two in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Scarlet.

Okay. Words. I need to put together words for this book, but I can't because THIS BOOK.

It's a big, honking long book, and trust me, that's the best part. You never want this ride to end. We're thrust into action and adventure from the get-go. The characters you've come to love throughout the series su
    Liz
    Mar 29, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
    Five wonderful stars!

Wonderful
    Just.oh.so.wonderful read
    Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・

|4.3 stars|

“You said yourself that the people of Luna need a revolutionary.” She lifted her chin, holding his gaze. “So I’m going to Luna, and I’m going to start a revolution.”

Blurb: Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
    Christine Riccio
    Apr 24, 2014 Christine Riccio rated it it was amazing
    CRESS WAS SO GOOD!!! JUST UPLOADED MY BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUVQ... Let's talk about it!!!!!!
    Avery
    Dec 04, 2013 Avery rated it it was amazing
    EDIT 12/04/2013

THINGS HAPPEN. AND IT IS AMAZING.

Full review to come.

Original Review 03/09/2013

Just got back from Marissa's signing in Toronto. She told us a number of interesting versions of fairytales which have given me a number of different theories about this book. The biggest being?

(view spoiler)
    Pip
    Jul 16, 2015 Pip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Oh Lord. This book brings out the terrifying 14 year old fangirl in me.

I thought she was gone, but alas, she is not

SET THE FANGIRL FREE
    Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
    WOW. WOW WOW WOW. I can't even properly process all my feels. This was SO FUCKING GOOD.
    Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
    Nov 09, 2015 Jillian (bookishandnerdy) rated it it was amazing
    OH MY GOD

photo 882847_zpsdnojvaw2.gif

I need to sleep but i'll come back a write review...I CANNOT WAIT TO READ WINTER OMG
    Giselle
    Jan 09, 2014 Giselle rated it it was amazing
    Holy crap what a wild ride! In this 3rd novel of the Lunar Chronicles series, we meet Rapunzel Cress and embark on her unplanned journey to earth. This novel is easily my favorite in the series thus far - and funnily, Rapunzel is also my favorite fairytale princess! We are just meant to be!

We swing into action from the very beginning of this novel, during which we meet Cress and get to know the kind of life she lived inside this satellite for almost a decade. Like always, I love the references t
    Andrew (BritBookBoy)
    My heart actually hurt a little turning that last page. I was NOT ready for this to be over.

I adored this book so much it makes me want to pull a Cress, hack into Goodreads and create a special sixth star just to bestow on it's awesomeness.

I also had so much fun doing my first ever buddy read on such a brilliant book with Margi, Gavin and Sha :)
    Natalie Monroe
    Warning: this review will contain excessive Tangled gifs. Because I can.

I think I've pinpointed the reason why I didn't like Cinder in the first place. I couldn't connect with Cinder the character or Kai, and the writing/plot wasn't great enough to make up for it. But then came Scarlet with the unlikely pairing of Scarlet and Wolf and completely knocked my socks off, leaving me tentatively hopeful that maybe, maybe I had been too hasty with my judgement and this series is like Legend, t
    Denisse
    Aug 07, 2015 Denisse rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: crushes
    This book exceeded my expectations. I was so worried, 3 storylines is some serious stuff for an author. But Meyer handled it excellently. Cress is the book where the story gets a bit darker and much more serious, where the threats feel intense and important and you realize how great Meyer is when it comes to characterization. I personally loved the pace of the book, the author doesn’t use action for entertainment or distraction like so many others, she develops her plots until the action is need ...more
    Anne
    Feb 19, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
    Loved it!
    For some reason, I almost feel like I have to defend my love for these books. Is that weird? Or are there really a bunch of you out there giving me the Judgy Eye for being all aflutter every time I read another installment of the Lunar Chronicles? I'm just paranoid, right?
    Right?!

Ok, so...Cress = Rapunzel (or Tangled, as my little girl calls her).
    She's been imprisoned in a Tower (read: satellite orbiting the Earth) for years by an evil witch (read: Sybil) Her parents were forced to give
    Daiane
    Jan 15, 2016 Daiane rated it really liked it
    Shelves: fairy-tales
    Disappointed. This is how I feel after finishing Cress. It's not that I didn't like the read, it was pleasant and enjoyable. However, maybe I was expecting much more after Scarlet, which I loved.
    I know each book will have more about its main character, Cress in this case. I liked her, don't get me wrong. She is a really sweat and innocent girl, I just wasn't really into her head. I know she was isolated from people and wouldn't mature a lot. However, she sees a lot of "earthen" dramas, what wou
    Jan 15, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
    This book was PERFECT. I am so in love with this series and characters and world and... EVERYTHING IS JUST PERFECT, OK!? So many feels...I'm totally fangirling right now. I'm pretty sad there's only one book left...I might put off reading it for a little while because I'M NOT READY FOR THIS SERIES TO END!! :(
    Elena
    Aug 01, 2013 Elena marked it as to-read
    THE COVER. OHMYGOSH *______________________*
    LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

Rapunzel!
    Sahara Desert!!! *^*
    OMG.
    description

But...2014? Why? Why? Why?????

Norah Sumner
    You can help me pick out a tiara when we’re done saving the world.”

So good.

I am obsessed with this series.The characters are so amazing,especially in this book,and once I started reading "Cress" I just couldn't stop.I mean,come on,TOO MANY OTPs FOR ONE BOOK.I loved Cress,she is so cute,and I loved Thorne in this one.Swoon-worthy male characters & smart and loyal female characters = win win win.I have to mention Kai and those last few pages- I died. WINTER I'M WAITING FOR YOU BABY.

Favou
    Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
    Dec 08, 2015 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie rated it really liked it
    “I will not be shackled to this satellite anymore.”

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track
    Caitlyn's Book Re...: Cress 1 2 Feb 02, 2016 06:40AM
    ! YA Heroines !: 2016 JAN - Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer 5 7 Jan 27, 2016 08:49AM
    EAT, SLEEP, READ,...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Cress Book Discussion 1 8 Jan 23, 2016 11:37AM
    D.E.A.R: Cress - Selena and Hallie 3 6 Jan 20, 2016 03:07AM
    Around the Year i...: Cress, Melissa Meyers 1 14 Jan 11, 2016 03:28PM
    Bookreads :): Cress 1 1 Jan 09, 2016 02:32PM
    • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
    • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
    • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
    • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
    • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
    • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
    • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
    • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
    • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
    • Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    • Of Beast and Beauty
    • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
    • Corruption (Disruption, #2)
    • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
    • Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)
    • Horde (Razorland, #3)
    • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
    • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
    I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
    More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
    • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
    • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

“Captain?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
    He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
    855 likes
    “He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.

Alpha.

Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"

"What star?"

She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.

But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.”
    674 likes