Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  44,452 ratings  ·  7,005 reviews
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.

Ruby F It comes out in November 2015!
It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
4th out of 2,592 books — 15,726 voters
YA Novels of 2014
3rd out of 1,436 books — 7,376 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Angela (:
FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
Angelica

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
g
bob

UPDATE!!!!!
The cover for these books
Steph Sinclair
This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
Elevetha

2014?

description

Are you absolutely sure you don't want to give it to me now??

Like, positive?

Ugh.

Oh, and I had it straight from Marissa herself that, yes, Scarlet and Wolf will be in Cress with POVs!!! (I think the POV is Scarlet's though)

4.5 stars.
Kat O'Keeffe
Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
dick gansey
May 03, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
description

It will always be Kai and Cinder.

******TEASERS*******

Opening paragraph:
Her satellite made one full orbit around planet Earth every sixteen hours. It was a prison that came with an endlessly breathtaking view—vast blue oceans and swirling clouds and sunrises that set half the world on fire.

Teaser Sentence as Randomly Selected by Twitter. From page 28:
“I don’t mind the scars.” He shrugged, his eyes taking on a mischievous spark. “They hold better memories now than they used to.”
Gillian
*EXPLODES*

BEST YET. WINTER, WHY YOU SO FAR AWAY? WHAT IS BRAIN.

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

This review contains spoilers for books one and two in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Scarlet.

Okay. Words. I need to put together words for this book, but I can't because THIS BOOK.

It's a big, honking long book, and trust me, that's the best part. You never want this ride to end. We're thrust into action and adventure from the get-go. The characters you've come to love throughout the series suf
Avery
EDIT 12/04/2013

THINGS HAPPEN. AND IT IS AMAZING.

Full review to come.

Original Review 03/09/2013

Just got back from Marissa's signing in Toronto. She told us a number of interesting versions of fairytales which have given me a number of different theories about this book. The biggest being?

(view spoiler)
Liz
Five wonderful stars!

Wonderful
Just.oh.so.wonderful read
Giselle
Holy crap what a wild ride! In this 3rd novel of the Lunar Chronicles series, we meet Rapunzel Cress and embark on her unplanned journey to earth. This novel is easily my favorite in the series thus far - and funnily, Rapunzel is also my favorite fairytale princess! We are just meant to be!

We swing into action from the very beginning of this novel, during which we meet Cress and get to know the kind of life she lived inside this satellite for almost a decade. Like always, I love the references t
Elena
Aug 01, 2013 Elena marked it as to-read
THE COVER. OHMYGOSH *______________________*
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

Rapunzel!
Sahara Desert!!! *^*
OMG.
description

But...2014? Why? Why? Why?????

Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I’ve been very up front about my love of fairy tales, and Rapunzel is one of the only Grimms’ Fairy Tales that has a somewhat happy ending (even if it is a little bit risqué). In the original version, the prince finds Rapunzel after hearing her sing. He comes back day after day to listen to her, and eventually he sees the Witch and learns how to gain entrance to the tower. Which he does. Frequently.

*suggestively waggles eyebrows*

Which brings us to how Witch discovers that
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
“I will not be shackled to this satellite anymore.”

• Rapunzel • Crescent •

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received order
Jon
Enter to win an ARC of Cress at Scott Reads It!

Cress was one of my most anticipated books of 2014 and so, I did a gleeful dance when it arrived in the mail. I really didn't know how Meyer could top the absolutely amazing Cinder and Scarlet, both of which are two of my all-time favorite books. Cress is definitely Marissa Meyer's best book to date and it upsets me how there is only one more book left in this series (Winter).

Cress, the titular character is probably my favorite character from Th
Faith
Aug 05, 2013 Faith marked it as to-read
*08/05/13 Update*

OH MY GODDDDD!!!!! THE COVER HAS BEEN REVEALED!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AND IT'S AMAZINGG!!!!!!!!

---------------

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOG

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT OMG!

It sounds so amazing, I just can't.. like no.. waiting is so hard!

Cress comes out in freaking February! My birth month, so it's even harder to wait for considering it feels like I JUST HAD MY BIRTHDAY. But no... I didn't. 7 MORE MONTHS GUYS. IN THE MEANTIME I WILL HAVE TO BE TWIDDLING MY THUMBS

Experiment BL626
I was disappointed with book 2, but I still liked the series. Cress is book 3, and yup. It’s official. The series has lost its luster for me. Scant progress. Scant character growth. Book 3 was essentially the same as book 2, more running away and hiding. Yeah, there were some plot twists here and there and a couple new characters, but our heroes were still running away and hiding, and doing a piss poor job of it.

+ the plot

The book started remarkably slowly considering what had happened at the e
Christine Riccio
CRESS WAS SO GOOD!!! JUST UPLOADED MY BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUVQ... Let's talk about it!!!!!!
Rachel (Miss Perfection)
*****Five Stars*****

Opinion of this book:

Cinder and Thorne are fugitives on the run from Earthens and Lunars alike. Scarlet and Wolf have joined forces with them and together they plan to rescue the hacker (Cress) who has been imprisoned by Queen Levana. When the plan goes awry, the scattered group journeys to regroup and stop the royal wedding. As they plan and get ready to save the world, they learn more horrifying things about Queen Levana. With a huge bounty over Cinder's and Thorne's head
Ellie
2014????!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

*EDIT*
THERE'S A COVERRRR!!!!!!! THERE'SACOVERTHERE'SACOVERTHERE'SACOVER

Gorgeous!! Probably my second favorite, behind Cinder. The cover of Scarlet was quite boring, I thought.

So does anyone think Cress and "Captain" Thorne will be a couple...?

*UPDATE: READ*

AAAAAH.

AAAAAAAHHHH.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I just finished Cress! And I'm unable to form coherent thoughts! Because it was just SO FREAKIN' GOOD!!!!

Okay, okay. *attempts to regain control of self*

Cress plea
Vickie
Pre-read:
2014?!?!

Post-read mini-review:
Not my favorite of the series but still enjoyable. There was a lot of setup for the last book which was necessary but not always engaging. Not that it really matters. BRING ON BOOK #4!!!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
So I finally read this! And AAHHHHH I loved it so much. I see why everyone is saying it's the best of the series; I think it was my favorite so far as well. Full review coming eventually! (I'm so behind on reviews it's not even funny.)
Keertana
Rating: 2.5 Stars

I can't say I enjoyed reading this; I counted down till the end. For those of you who aren't aware, Marissa Meyer and I have a love-hate relationship, leaning towards the latter, unfortunately. I found Cinder to be less-than-stellar, devoid of world-building and overtaken by a plot that was far too predictable. When the synopsis of Scarlet released, all it took was one mention of Wolf to have me scrambling for a copy. Admittedly, Scarlet had its flaws too, but I loved it. Unabas
María
EDIT 23/02/2014
AWESOME. INCREDIBLE. BREATHTAKING. WONDERFUL NON-STOP ACTION. And I can't put into better words how much I love this book, how much I love this saga. I'm so emotional.

31/07/2013
THE COVER

I MEAN...ASDdfsdaFN IT IS FLAWLESS!
my favourite so far, I must say

and after reading the first 13 pages of Cress, I can say: This is the book I'm most excited in 2014, as for right now. I SWEAR. I can't just get Cincer & co out of my head. And after the reveal of the book cover I'm just...
Alice Of Wonderland
I can't wait for the day when Prince Kai wakes up and realize that Cinder is Princess Selene.

Ugh!!!!! THE ANTICIPATION is KILLING ME!!

Wolf and Scarlet and the clown(view spoiler) better be in this book.

The date is so FAR AWAY

AHHHHHH!

Please--HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review also appears on http://kittikatsays.blogspot.com/

UPDATE: (2/21/2014)

I hate airports. I truly hate them. I read Cress for the first two hundred and fifty pages before leaving San Francisco Internat
Tameka
Feb 22, 2013 Tameka marked it as to-read
2014.

I have to wait for a whole year.

Ariana
Once upon a time.. Scratch that, I'll save myself!

I have a really hard time explaining just how much I love this series, how incredibly great it is (from the beautiful writing, to the amazing pack of characters, the laughing-out-loud kind of humour and the fascinating world and the too-awesome-to-be true plot-line)

With other series there is this strong feeling of them being composed of several ’individual books’, which they totally are of course – maybe I am not making my feelings clear with th
Marrie *I Only Date Fictional Boys*
The witch snipped off her golden hair and cast her into the desert.

Where do I even begin? I loved so many things about this book that it hard to communicate my thoughts into legible sentences, but I'll try.

This review will be in sections, a format I haven't used in a while but I think is fitting in this instance. So here goes.

The Plot:

I think this books entire plot can be explained in one image.

description

But I suppose I can more eloquently describe it with a bit more than just that image.

And by eloquen
Kayla
Words cannot even express how much I want this series to just be in my hands right now.

Waiting is hard...

Oh my GOD that cover!

IT'S GORGEOUS.

AFTER READING

I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL AND NOW I AM EMOTIONALLY COMPROMISED.
Faye, la Patata
SPOILER FREE! FULL OF FEELS THOUGH.

She's done it again, folks. Marissa Meyer's done it again.

SHE MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HER WORLD AND HER CHARACTERS ONCE MORE.

Let me first say that the Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite YA Science Fiction series. More than the intricate writing and the awesome characters, the books have what I deem is the most important... heart (and I'm not saying that literally). By "heart", I mean it has that amazing ability to reel you in and let you experience firs
Novel Books &...: Meyer, Marissa ; Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) - Informal Buddy read; Start date December 23, 2014 82 151 2 hours, 14 min ago
Lunar Chronicles Elimination Game!!! 251 161 12 hours, 15 min ago
Maybe a Spoiler 16 291 Dec 18, 2014 04:28AM
YA Book Addicts: December SOTM: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) 2 5 Dec 06, 2014 09:25PM
You MUST Love YA ...: * Cress 3 8 Dec 02, 2014 07:23AM
YA Today Book Club: Discussion #30 - Cress 2 7 Nov 26, 2014 02:35PM
All About YA : Cress 4 26 Nov 15, 2014 03:19PM
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Of Beast and Beauty
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)

11 trivia questions
1 quiz
More quizzes & trivia...
“He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.

Alpha.

Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"

"What star?"

She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.

But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.”
368 likes
“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
354 likes