100 Bullets: Six Feet Under The Gun (100 Bullets)

100 Bullets: Six Feet Under The Gun (100 Bullets #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  2,320 ratings  ·  37 reviews
100 Bullets: Six Feet Under the Gun Vol 06 Presents the stories of several people who were seriously hurt before being approached by Agent Graves, who offered each a gun, one hundred untraceable bullets, and a convincing story about whomever betrayed them. Full description
Paperback
Published October 24th 2003 by Titan Books Ltd (first published September 2003)

Jeff
For this reader, the sixth volume of 100 Bullets is the best one so far. While there is no strong central narrative at work this time around, the volume does succeed mightily in advancing the larger meta-narrative of 100 Bullets. And to top it off, Eduardo Risso is in unusually fine form when it comes to the artwork. He manages to go beyond eye candy into the realm of genuinely thought-provoking layout and graphic presentation. What is most remarkable about 100 Bullets as a series is the fact th...more
Brian Longtin
At this point in the series, as they say, "Shit just got real."
Emily Green
In 100 Bullets: Six Feet under the Gun Brian Azzarello presents five vignettes which use both recurring characters and those we will never see again. The volume begins with a tale of Dizzy going home, in which she not only does not find what she is looking for but she also discovers her old friends muddling in a state of which she does not approve, though the alternative seems outrageously difficult. Confronted with the near impossibility of working their way out of poverty, Dizzy sees that most...more
Craig Williams
I started reading 100 Bullets in college, but stopped collecting the trades due to... well, interest in other titles really. The premise is really clever, the characters are memorable, and the artwork... Eduardo Risso's artwork is outstanding. Risso's contemporary noir style suits Brian Azzarello's gritty writing so perfectly it'd be hard to imagine this series without it. Speaking of Azzarello, the guy does a great job of getting the dialect of his characters perfect, but personally, I can't st...more
Angel
Another excellent collection. In this volume, Azzarello takes us back to some of the characters we have been exploring. The collection is a set of stories each focused on a character in the series. In one, Dizzy finds out there is a price for her new life when she tries go back home. We get a story of Lone and Graves, and some others. Each one is very good with a blend of the high level conspiracy and the low level street stories we have come to enjoy from this series. And then, there is that re...more
Erik
In Six Feet Under the Gun, Azzarello shakes things up a little in his mega-narrative. That is, instead of multi-issue story-arcs, he delivers instead six single issue stories; each devoted to a single character – all of whom have appeared in this series previously. Needless to say, the mere fact that he turns individual spotlights back on Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves, and Wylie all belie the importance that they will no doubt play when this series escalates to its fevered and long-promised...more
Felix
A nice series of one-shots, each taking a more detailed look at the background and motivations of one of the main characters: Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves and Wylie. Though the focus of these single issues lies on characterisation Azzarello manages at the same time to let the series gather momentum and raising the tension. The intrigues between the various factions inside and outside the Trust become clearer and some characters are caught in the crossfire...
Dufour
Now that the series is in its stride, Azzarello takes some time to tell a series of one-shot stories about the important pieces of his 100 Bullets chess game. This volume is also where we first hear Graves' and Shephard's code names for the Minutemen: The Rain, The Dog, The Monster, The Saint, and so forth. And since we have not yet seen or ID'd all the Minutemen at this point, it's fun for the reader to try and match the names with the characters.
M
Azzarello takes a break from story arcs in this volume, allowing some of his players to get a little more screen time. Dizzy continues to explore the mystery behind Graves and his misson, Cole and Wylie explore their Minuteman pasts, Benito handles a family matter, and we get a peek behind the curtain at Agent Graves himself. A nice set of stand-alone tales to help interweave the 100 Bullets cast.
Zoli
The pieces of Brian Azzarello's puzzle seem to be coming together slowly. While this is yet another volume that's more of helping bringing forward the story than something else, it's adding some important pieces to the bigger picture, as well as killing one of the characters and building up some future kills. Definitely another volume you have to read to get to know the whole story, but I liked it.
Sharon
(Almost) everybody gets a story here. You can't go home again, and you might not really want to, either.
I am more in awe of the art in this collection than in a few of the previous ones. I'm not sure why; maybe it has more to say here.
Cameron
Again really good everything. This volume could only be carried out in a well established story that knows where it is going. 6 1-episode stories about main characters setting them up for longer archs. If this was any other comic it would be a 5 star, but I can only give this 4 as the series has hit higher notes earlier on.

Robert Wright
Stand-alone stories fill in around the edges of existing characters. A welcome respite from the propulsive pace of the storyline. Knowing Azzarello, this is just the calm before the storm.

Not a great intro to the series, as its very much dependent on some reader familiarity, but I good entry in the overall story trajectory.
Taylor
The collected issues in this volume are a series of character studies that are all quite illuminating...this series just gets better and better. On the surface the storytelling appear to be over the top but there so many subtle touches that really elevate this series above so many others.
Trey
This volume is missing the traditional multi-issue "give someone a gun and 100 untraceable bullets" plot, instead using each issue to shed more light on one of the mysterious figures introduced in previous volumes, while simultaneously advancing the background plot of Agent Graves versus the Trust.
Joseph
One of the things I love about 100 Bullets is the ease with which it transitions from a long, complicated arc to smaller character pieces. Azzarello seems completely comfortable telling a wide variety of stories, and in a wide variety of styles.
Matt
A lot of different one-shots of various characters. The word play slows me down so I have to focus, which I like.
I like the moral of one of the stories: if you're gonna do something bad, do it or don't. Hesitation makes you lose.
Mark Desrosiers
Here's where all hell starts breaking loose. Or all hell starts getting conjured anyway. I usually love Agent Graves because he seems omniscient: here he seems to be frowning in the only directions he can think of, thinking on his feet.
Wendy
Taking the time to add depth to characters whether they are good or bad, gives you a chance to risk attachment & be elated or heartbroken later. This story continues to engage and enrage at the same time.
William Thomas
the more i read of these, no matter how good they are, i can't get past the fact that more and more, the inbetween stories feel like the Stray Bullets stories david lapham penned almost 15 years ago.
Peter

Continues to be a great series. I just read some abysmal spandex-type comics and came back to 100 Bullets. Really good, atmospheric, smart, brutal comic writing.
Jdetrick
The exact opposite of the previous trade, this one is made up for all single issue stories, but that means more answers and pulling back the curtain, which is always cool.
James
I really enjoy this graphic novel alot!
You may call it an adult cartoon if you like.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. So I'll just say; the plot thickens.
Frank Taranto
Six individual stories in the continuation of this series. The artwork and writing go together so well. Described as noir, they definitely fill the bill.

Jason
One of the best in the series so far, and I can honestly say that none of these collected volumes has been weak...
Jacobi
Great collection of stand alone issues. Digs a bit deeper into all of the main players of 100 Bullets.
Michael Irenski
Good, and while it offers some neat information on the minutemen, it is really just a series of one shots
Shannon Appelcline
There are some interesting moments, but overall these stories don't have any meat.
Michael
This volume is great for it's one-off character examinations. Just keeping the flow!
  • Scalped, Vol. 2: Casino Boogie
  • DMZ, Vol. 7: War Powers
  • Criminal, Vol. 3: The Dead and the Dying
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 5: Smoke, Smoke (Ex Machina, #5)
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B...more
More about Brian Azzarello...
Joker 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call (100 Bullets, #1) Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood 100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance (100 Bullets, #2) 100 Bullets, Vol. 3: Hang Up on the Hang Low