Start by marking “The Titanic Sinks! (Totally True Adventures)” as Want to Read:
The Titanic Sinks! (Totally True Adventures)

The Titanic Sinks! (Totally True Adventures)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Here is the exciting true story about the "unsinkable" Titanic! Dramatic accounts, white-knuckle suspense, and fast-paced action of how the world's biggest, safest ship sank on its maiden voyage. Includes black-and-white photos and full-color underwater photos of the wreck.
Published March 18th 1997 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published March 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Titanic Sinks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Titanic Sinks!

Joanna
Do you remember Titanic?Do you know how and why it sink? Experts had claimed that the Titanic was unsinkable. It was built so strong and gigantic. It was seperate into, the poorest living at the bottom and the richest living at the top. But, that is not unfortunate for the "poors",because they should take it s an great opportunity to get to be in this luxurious ship. What really was unfortunate was that the ship never reach New York, the place where it should go. On the Atlatic ocean, there were ...more
Monica R
The Titanic Sinks is a great book! I personally knew a lot about the titanic, but I choose to read this book to see if I could learn more about the Titanic! I love how the author has a journal type instead of just writing the book with lots of information. I also like how it was a small quick read for me. A few facts I found out about the Titanic was that there was over 2,000 people on bored the ship. I also learned that more than 1500people died. I already knew that there was 3 classes. The fir ...more
Jasmin
The titanic was a great book but I don't like the part where the ship sinks and there's people trying to lower lifeboats so people can survive. Then something bad happens while there lowering the lifeboats. The best part was like in the end where the guy and the girl are trying to get out of the boat so the can survive but they go all over the ship to see if there's any exits but the way they are going is where the ship is sinking faster. Then they find a way out and they try to get on one of th ...more
Olivia
When I first saw this book, I thought I would'nt like It because of all the non-fiction stuff. While I was reading how the titanic sunk, I really got hooked into the book. I've watched the movie Titanic and some of the people from the movie are in the book, like John Jacob Aster and his wife Madeline. Titanic is really a sad story. More than half the passengers did'nt survive the terrible accident.
My favorite part was when the music was playing while the ship was sinking because It really make
Robin
Interesting facts interwoven masterfully in a piece of historical fiction. The action and disaster aspect will very much appeal to the targeted age group of 3rd to 4th graders. A detailed diagram of the ship would have enhanced the text and assisted readers in visualizing the areas of the ship as they were discussed in detail throughout the story.
♥Xeni♥
This was one of the earliest books I read that had to do with the Titanic sinking. Since then, I have read a lot of fiction-based Titanic tales. This one was a light, children's version of the disaster. It didn't cloud the scary angst too well, though, and I did get nightmares from it. Not sure if that was the intention or not, but I didn't like it all that much.
Katherine (Katerina K.)
Jul 25, 2013 Katherine (Katerina K.) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to all people who love storys about "Titanic"
A very beautifully writen book... Despite the fact that it is pretty small, it contains a lot of surprising and interesting information about Titanic!
It also contains "facts" and "truths" about Titanic that you didn't probably know... (at least i didn't!)

It was a very enjoyable book, i would recommend it to all "Titanic" lovers!
Corri
Quick, informative read. I knew a lot of the details already, but hadn't heard Harold Bride's story. Very intriguing. Still thinking: WHAT IF!?!?! If just ONE thing had been different, would the catastrophe have been avoided? Would Jack have lived? LOL.
Denise
I read this for the 100 Anv coming up. Liked the book and will keep it in my collection of Titianic books. While an adult that knows a good deal about the story I still enjoied the read and think it would be good for nayone intrested in the story.
Kristin
I liked the story telling aspect broken into the details that happened each day to explain why the Titanic sunk when it hit the ice berg.
Mas5thgrade2013
it is truly a great book and if you are crazy about the titanic like me its the book for you
p3
Kristen Fort
Good nonfiction work that I plan to share with my remedial reading students.
Brice
A very childish book that I didn't really care about.
Stephanie
It is different than the movie but it was really good...
lori rowe
It was ok. Same as what I have read about it before...
doug bowman
A nicely engaging history for low level readers
Megan
Just finished it. Overall pretty good.
Steph
Good Book!Love it!!!
Nicholas Moebus
Nicholas Moebus marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Margaret Kain
Margaret Kain is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Billy Pearce
Billy Pearce marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wine: A Primer Muhammad Ali: The Fight for Respect The Adventures of Hercules MEET ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER (A Bullseye Biography) MEET STEVEN SPIELBERG (A Bullseye Biography)