Start by marking “Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life” as Want to Read:
Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life

Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  68 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Healthy, imaginative, delicious, and well-balanced recipes from the kitchens of Grammy-Award-winning artist, Olivia Newton-John. ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Lyons Press (first published April 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Livwise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Livwise

Judie Parks
Nov 03, 2013 Judie Parks rated it it was ok

I have been a fan of Both ONJ and eating well for over 35 years. I found this ccokbook to be well written and presented but don't see myself ever cooking a single recipe. Most were to "granola" even for me and many called for equipment and ingredients that are not found in your everyday kitchen.
Melissa
Aug 26, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Some healthy and rather tasty-looking recipes, but some of the ingredients might be hard to find for this non-Aussie. Beautifully photographed and containing some interesting anecdotes from Olivia, this is a nice coffee table book.
Chevonne
Apr 15, 2013 Chevonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful book! There's several yummy recipes for vegans/vegetarians through out the book, and a lot of the meaty recipes can easily be altered to make them vegan/vegetarian friendly!
Autumn
May 22, 2012 Autumn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun combo of raw foodist/vegan/superhealthy cooking with ONJ fanservice and lots of kiwi fruit. She makes her pizza crust on a dehydrator, ya'll. Whoa.
Lauren
First and foremost, I got this as part of a goodreads giveaway.

I got home to see this book ready and waiting for me. I've been trying to find good recipes that were both healthy and good for you, so I figured I'd get it. There are nearly all the recipes sound good and would love to try. Not only would I love to try them, but I know many who would like my mother and coworkers. There are even recipes in here for people who live the raw lifestyle. There are plenty of meat based dishes for those who
Jessica Thurlow
May 06, 2012 Jessica Thurlow rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life – An Adventure into the Unknown!

I admit it, I was taken in by media – at least it wasn’t a dreaded advertisement! I was watching Anderson the other day and his surprise guest happened to be Oliva Newton-John. They chatted about various things including her new cookbook Livwise. At first I thought, “oh great, another celebrity cookbook – why do they all think they’re somehow nutrition experts?” But I was pleasantly surprised when Newton-John kept ta
Shantria
May 30, 2012 Shantria rated it it was amazing
This one may very well become one of my favorite cookbooks among the many that I have acquired! Loaded with a unique array of easy, healthy recipes, with some of my favorite health food ingredients. The recipes are "a breath of fresh air". Nice to find something different that I have yet to experience- even commonly found recipes come with a nice but healthy twist here. But don't be mistaken, these are healthy recipes that are a joy to consume, not the fat-free, unsavory dishes that some may exp ...more
Jenifer
Jun 07, 2012 Jenifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I received this cook book from a book giveaway and am so happy that I won it! This is definitely a book that I would have purchased on my own. The stories and tips that Olivia Newton-John shares in this book are heartwarming and helpful. Oh, and the photos....I love a cookbook with photos of the dishes! While there isn't a photo for each and every recipe, there are enough that I am happy.

The recipes are a nice mix of vegetarian and meat dishes, making it perfect for both vegetarians, flexitarian
Vivienli
May 01, 2012 Vivienli rated it it was amazing
I like this LIVWISE cookbook because
1) prosperous content
2) very good idea for the receipes
3) many colorful photos that make me have a good appitite
4) it can be donation
5) a nice picture on the front cover ~ very natural, as Olivia's usual style!
6) a very good price ~ bonus price ~ much more cheaper than others
7) it can really bring us to the HAPPY LIFE, A HEALTHY LIFE, joyfulness. (THANKS, OLIVIA!)
8) the most reason is written by our angel ~ OLIVIA (LOVE YOU ALWAYS! BE GOOD HEALTH!)
Thanks a bun
Marie-Lise Theys
Love the recipes and hearing about her journey at the beginning of her book.
Maggie Fout
Oct 12, 2013 Maggie Fout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I was so excited because the book is by Olivia Newton-John who I have always idolized! Secondly I am a total foodie so you can't go wrong with a new cookbook!!! And this book did not disappoint! As a vegan living with meat-eaters this book is perfect. I found tons of veggie recipes and some great meat recipes for my family. My absolute fave was Chickpea Casserole!

* I received this book for free from the Good Reads first reads program.
Andy Lindley
Jan 11, 2015 Andy Lindley rated it really liked it
Great tasty and healthy recipes, but it requires a trip to the health food store for some of the more exotic ingredients, that don't come cheap. There is a lot to be said for cooking from raw ingredients and the results are amazing. Some of these recipes do take time, but some have become a staple in my culinary repertoire. Recommended for anyone who wants to cook wholesome good food thats healthy for you.
Mina
Oct 15, 2013 Mina rated it really liked it
I was so happy to have won this through Goodreads...I have always loved ONJ...the layout of the book is concise and packed with wonderful tips and lovely photos...I have tried two of her recipes and look forward to trying more...this book makes eating healthy delicious...
Christine
Jun 30, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
I enjoyed this cookbook from Olivia Newton-John, THANK YOU GOODREADS for my winning copy, I have tried a few of the recipes and they were pretty good, some of the things will be hard to find but I am looking forward to finding and trying...Thank you again Goodreads....
Michelle
May 07, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Recipes are easy to follow and require mostly basic ingredients. The book is elegant and put together nicely. I will definitely be making the 'cashew, macadamia, and raspberry tart' and her version of cornbread.
Lana
Jun 07, 2012 Lana rated it liked it
Great tasty, delicious and easy recipes. I have made many dishes from this book already and looking to explore more. No fuss and healthy recipes. Recommend this cookbook.
Samantha Miller
This a nice, healthy cookbook, but a lot of the ingredients can be obscure. Not an ideal cookbook if you're not willing to spend more for the odd ingredients.
Donna
Jun 18, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

can't wait to try a couple of the sweet recipes for Christmas. See what relatives think. great read!!!! great artist
Valerie Kite
This book is about philosophy of.food I met years aago in Coral Gables and with a friend named Peggy Hodgson in Ft. Lauderdalenyears at a school.
Aug 10, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Amazing recipes, i have tried most and they all work and are completely delicious and so healthy!
Jessica
Aug 02, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Great
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Vanessa van der Kramer
Vanessa van der Kramer rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Pamela Love
Pamela Love rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2016
Bevie
Bevie rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
José Antonio
José Antonio rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Elizabeth Abbott
Elizabeth Abbott marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Binhnhung Ngo
Binhnhung Ngo marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Conor Buckley
Conor Buckley marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
  • The Hip Girl's Guide to the Kitchen: A Hit-the-Ground Running Approach to Stocking Up and Cooking Delicious, Nutritious, and Affordable Meals
  • Comfort Food Without Borders Volume Two: The Main Course
  • Monet's Palate Cookbook: The Artist & His Kitchen Garden At Giverny
  • Easter Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Easter Recipes (Cookbook Delights Holiday Series, #4)
  • American Wine: The Ultimate Companion to the Wines and Wineries of the United States
  • Japanese Cooking The Traditions, Techniques, Ingredients And Recipes
  • Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master
  • Jacques Pépin Heart & Soul in the Kitchen
  • Infamous Players: A Tale of Movies, the Mob, (and Sex)
  • The Perfect Pie: A Handbook for Pie Lovers
  • Peas and Thank You: Simple Meatless Meals the Whole Family Will Love
  • 50 Sunflowers to Knit, Crochet & Felt: Patterns and Projects Packed with Lush and Vibrant Colors That You Will Love to Make
  • The Secret Garden Cookbook: Recipes Inspired by Frances Hodgson Burnett's THE SECRET GARDEN
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
  • Seagan Eating: The Lure of a Healthy, Sustainable Seafood + Vegan Diet
  • Louisiana Real and Rustic
  • Easy Recipes for Summer Cooking: A short collection of receipes from Donal Skehan, Sheila Kiely and Rosanne Hewitt-Cromwell