Start by marking “Running of the Bride: My Frenzied Quest to Tie the Knot, Tear Up the Dance Floor, and Figure Out Why My 15 Minutes of Fame Included Commercial Breaks” as Want to Read:

When Rachel's handsome studio exec boyfriend proposes to her on the Sex and the City movie set, she can't fathom the dizzying adventure about to begin. Accepting a once-in-a-lifetime venue deal helps their budget, but it puts them on a crash course to get married in just four months - and time isn't their only challenge. They battle a wacky assortment of vendors, including ...more
Published May 15th 2012 by skirt!

To ask other readers questions about Running of the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running of the Bride

Karen
Jan 01, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: galley, memoirs
Not my usual type of book, but with references to Jen Lancaster, I really held out hope this one would get better. It didn't. I was hoping for some Lancaster-worthy wit and hijinks, but instead it was just tales of woe concerning having to plan a lavish wedding...it's a hard life.
Brianna Soloski
Jan 12, 2016 Brianna Soloski rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoirs
Running of the Bride by Rachel Eddey
239 pages
4/5 stars

I am still on my funny girl memoir kick. Actually, just a memoir kick in general. They are quick reads, which is perfect for summer and my busy schedule. (And yes, I’m super busy – I work three jobs and am trying to cultivate a steady freelance business. You can be busy without a husband and kids, for all the naysayers who can’t fathom how I could possibly be so busy).

Anyway, Running of the Bride is the perfect beach book. It tells the story
Geri
Aug 26, 2012 Geri rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite, won, recommend
I got this book free through Goodreads First Reads.
Rachel fusses, panics, frets, and worries her way to a beautiful wedding. Along the way she wins dance lessons because she says she can't, two wedding dresses, and a honeymoon in Aruba. This is one lucky lady.
I've never been involved with planning a wedding (I eloped) so I really had no idea how difficult it was. No wonder brides get weepy and grooms want to run and hide.
I took this book with me while on vacation and had loads of fun reading it
Elisha (lishie)
Jun 18, 2012 Elisha (lishie) rated it liked it
The author grabbed my attention at BEA in a good way & I'm excited to read this... We have 6 degrees of separation... I've worked many benefits with SJP (&Matthew Broderick), have a friend that worked forSJP & am related by marriage to someone who worked on the set of SATC, lol. One thing, I was engaged in friggin' Hershey! Lol
Alice
May 11, 2012 Alice rated it liked it
This book was laugh-out-loud funny in spots, and many of the situations will be familiar to every bride. But it was a little pretentious and hard to relate to all the special perks that this bride-to-be enjoyed. Free honeymoon, free reception, free dress, free dance lessons, and not one but two appearances on TV.
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

If you are planning a wedding or just got married, run to the closest bookstore or hop online and order this book - cute, funny and the perfect read! I read this book, the weekend before I got married in two sittings and wanted to read half of it aloud to my sweet, sweet groom who's to do list, is quite longer than mine at this point!!
Jackie
May 30, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing
This book was truly one of those laugh out loud funny books. I love the style in which Rachel Eddey wrote this book. It had those sweet, touch your heart parts, but they didn't weigh down the overall lightness of the book. This is a book I would recommend to anyone, not just someone planning a wedding or getting married. I hope to see more books from Rachel Eddey in the near future.
Lawrence Epstein
Apr 26, 2012 Lawrence Epstein rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious. It starts with Rachel on the movie set of "Sex and the City" and in front of the whole cast her boyfriend asking her to marry him. It goes on from there. This is a must-read book that you will recommend to your friends.
Brooke
Jul 01, 2014 Brooke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this book free from Goodreads First Reads. A quick read, at times it was entertaining. Her wedding and the planning of it was very different from my own wedding and what I wanted (although a free trip to Aruba would have been nice!) so it was a little hard for me to relate to her.
Alyssa Edmonds
Aug 02, 2014 Alyssa Edmonds rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through GoodReads' First Reads! --
Not the usual type of book I would read but this book was hilarious and fantastic! Great book. Especially because I will be getting married in 12 days the book tells me... I am crazy but definitely not bride-zilla.
Angie Hardy
Apr 24, 2012 Angie Hardy rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a light read with some very funny parts. Great summer book.

I won a copy of this book on GoodReads.
Margie
Aug 28, 2012 Margie rated it it was ok
You need to know that I don't usually read memoirs. My daughter just got married and suggested I read this one. It is okay, I guess. Just not my favorite kind of book.
Charlotte Burkly
Charlotte Burkly rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Rachel Eddey
Jan 14, 2012 Rachel Eddey rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Gary Eddey
Gary Eddey rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2012
Lisa Christen
Lisa Christen rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Samantha Verant
Samantha Verant rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Flowbee
Flowbee rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Foxglove
Jun 11, 2012 Foxglove rated it it was amazing
Loved it, and will be doing a review.
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Crystal Smith-Connelly
Crystal Smith-Connelly rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Leigh
Leigh rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2015
Sara Prior
Sara Prior rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Gina Hott
Gina Hott rated it it was ok
May 14, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2013
Christina Cote
Christina Cote rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2012
  • Nobody's Child
  • Dancing at the Shame Prom: Sharing the Stories That Kept Us Small
  • Dinner with Anna Karenina
  • My Master's Degree Is Useless?!?!: How Chelsea Handler, Booze, and Reality TV Teach Better Modern-Day Business Lessons Better Than the Lecture Halls
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1)
  • The Accidental Senator, Vol 1 in the Accidental President , A Political Fable for Our Time
  • Have Mother, Will Travel: A Mother and Daughter Discover Themselves, Each Other, and the World
  • What Women Want
  • Making Piece: a Memoir of Love, Loss and Pie
  • Unfaithfully Yours: Confessions of a Cheating Bitch
  • Jackpot!
  • Dancing Naked in Dixie
  • Rollover (Dan Mahoney Mysteries,#2)
  • Battle Hymn of the Tiger Daughter
  • Insanity
  • The Story of THE RAG! (St. Mary's Today Newspaper)
  • Lust on the Rocks
  • How to Get a Literary Agent in Two Murders or Less
Rachel Eddey (b.1981) is the author of the forthcoming Running of the Bride: My Frenzied Quest to Tie the Knot, Tear Up the Dance Floor, and Figure Out Why My 15 Minutes of Fame Included Commercial Breaks (May 2012). The humorous memoir details the improbable events of Rachel's recent wedding--from having her dream guy propose on the Sex and the City movie set to winning a pair of diamond ...more
More about Rachel Eddey...