Start by marking “Welcome to Claire's: 35 Years of Recipes and Reflections from the Landmark Vegetarian Restaurant” as Want to Read:

Included are 35 Years of recipes (over 350) and reflections from the landmark vegetarian
restaurant.
Published January 10th 2012 by Lyons Press (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Claire's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Claire's

Amadeus
May 27, 2012 Amadeus rated it really liked it
I love to check out cookbooks from the library. Trouble is that I typically just flip through and then return them without trying a single recipe. "Welcome to Claire's" has me second-guessing that habit.

As a gluten-free vegetarian bordering on vegan , I appreciate Claire for giving both gluten-free and vegan options when possible. Her recipes include fairly economical, easy-to-find ingredients that she encourages you to buy organically and locally grown (note to self: prepare to go to the Farmer
Scott
Aug 05, 2012 Scott rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
Though a landmark restaurant, this cookbook is as basic as it gets. If you already know how to make hummus, then there really is no need to use this book on a "research/inspirational" level. Beautifully written with clever photos and narratives - the most innovative dish would be fried squash blossoms. A good novice vegetarian cook book. This would be a great buy for a student leaving for college.
Allison
Feb 22, 2014 Allison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
A lot of tasty recipes in this cookbook. We made and enjoyed the tomato barley soup, it was a good weeknight dinner. Fast and easy. I have a long list of other recipes I am looking forward to trying. Some of the recipes in this cookbook are fairly basic (like french toast), but others are new for my kitchen (like the peruvian corn cakes).
Cherie
Feb 02, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Venessa, Wanda, Pomsey
A- Really yummy cookbook. Wayne and I ate here, and I wish we had tried some of the stuff in here. Wonderful variety of soups, salads, entrees. I marked up the book already with recipes I want to make.
Carol Johnson
Nov 23, 2015 Carol Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
I borrowed this cookbook from the library so I was only able to try a few recipes. All of the recipes I tried were very good: Lentils, Brown Rice, and Spinach; Farmers' Market Burritos; and Curried Carrot-Apple Soup.
Stephanie
Aug 06, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
So many gorgeous vegetarian cookbooks, so little room on my bookshelves. There were at least two or three recipes in here I definitely want to try, though.
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Geir Helleloid
Geir Helleloid rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Bookstax
Bookstax rated it liked it
May 19, 2012
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Abigail Adams
Abigail Adams rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
elizabeth
elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Michael Palisano
Michael Palisano rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Liz Winn
Liz Winn rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Zizi
Zizi rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Kathyc
Kathyc rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Lois Kavanagh
Lois Kavanagh rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Lucy Ormond
Lucy Ormond is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2012
Djalyv
Djalyv marked it as to-read
May 14, 2012
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Carol
Carol added it
Sep 13, 2012
Kel
Kel marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Moshe
Moshe added it
Sep 13, 2013
Shilpa
Shilpa marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Maggie Chester
Maggie Chester marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Kim Franklin
Kim Franklin is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2015
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Holly Brink
Holly Brink marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Heather Warriner
Heather Warriner marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016