Start by marking “How to Climb 5.12, 3rd” as Want to Read:
How to Climb 5.12, 3rd

How to Climb 5.12, 3rd

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A manual for intermediate climbers to make the physical and mental jump to advanced climbing ability. It offers streamlined tips and suggestions on such critical issues as cutting-edge strength training, mental training, and climbing strategy.
Published November 22nd 2011 by FalconGuides (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about How to Climb 5.12, 3rd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Climb 5.12, 3rd

I think the book was a good read!

I guess you may be wondering why I gave it a 3. Well, it wasn't really like the greatest book ever read, nor did it really change my life. But the 3 also doesn't mean it was written poorly. It just means it was a good, instructional read. I learned plenty from it, and I'm glad I read it! It has plenty of tips and bits of knowledge that will help any new climber to move up another grade (whether that's 5.9 or 5.13).

Also, the book should be judged by the title. Thi
paul redman
“How To Climb 5.15” should be required reading for all novice, intermediate & advanced Rock Climbers. This book outlines everything you need to know and includes valuable first hand, tested experience in developing your skills, preventing injuries and getting the absolute most out of climbing.

I am a novice climber and have been climbing for just over around seven months. Within the first couple of months of climbing this book was recommended to me numerous times. I kept “meaning” to get arou
Jake McCrary
Pretty good book which gives solid advice for getting better at climbing. Has both work out schedules and general advice for how to focus your practice to maximize improvements.

One thing I'll probably immediately start doing is some of the pre-hab exercises in effort to reduce chance of injury.
This book, by a local MD climber, really shook up how I train and climb, and led to me climbing better (and enjoying it more) than ever before last season. Great advice on the foundations (work on skills, not strength) and injury prevention and the mental game. A lot of principles that apply across sports or in other areas of life.
Good book. Helped with mindset and preparedness. Good info about nutrition and exercise programs. I'm basically doing everything wrong is what this book is telling me. Have my work cut out for me.
I thought this book gave some useful tips for training both mentally and physically, giving me a different aim for my focus when training and when climbing. Excited to see where it takes me!
Recommended - this guy has some very useful ideas on getting into shape for climbing.
Tony Go
The walls to her heart are V9s and I'm just not that good of a climber.
Stanley Hall
Feb 21, 2009 Stanley Hall is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Specific advice, routines, workouts, and more to jump start your climbing!
Kevin H.
There are some great principles to follow in this book.
Damien Ayers
Great guidelines for climbing harder.
Lukas Elsner
Lukas Elsner marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Iris marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Emily Anna Herringshaw
Emily Anna Herringshaw is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2015
Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Benjamin Hockenberry
Benjamin Hockenberry marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Jared Hanstra
Jared Hanstra marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Christine Shiba
Christine Shiba is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2015
Greg Pfeil
Greg Pfeil marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
John marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Ilhan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
هامون نیکویی
هامون نیکویی marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • Rock Climbing: Mastering Basic Skills
  • 9 Out of 10 Climbers Make the Same Mistakes
  • Colorado's Fourteeners: From Hikes to Climbs
  • CSS: The Definitive Guide
  • 200 Projects to Strengthen Your Art Skills (Barron’s Aspire Series)
  • Stretching
  • Jesus Mean and Wild: The Unexpected Love of an Untamable God
  • Practical Programming for Strength Training
  • The Students are Watching: Schools and the Moral Contract
  • Healing Mantras: Using Sound Affirmations for Personal Power, Creativity, and Healing (Book & CD)
  • The Energy of Life
  • Christ in the Passover
Training for Climbing: The Definitive Guide to Improving Your Climbing Performance Learning to Climb Indoors Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, 2nd (State Rock Climbing Series) Maximum Climbing: Mental Training for Peak Performance and Optimal Experience Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland