Start by marking “How to Climb 5.12, 3rd” as Want to Read:
How to Climb 5.12, 3rd
Preview

How to Climb 5.12, 3rd

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A manual for intermediate climbers to make the physical and mental jump to advanced climbing ability. It offers streamlined tips and suggestions on such critical issues as cutting-edge strength training, mental training, and climbing strategy.
Published November 22nd 2011 by FalconGuides (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about How to Climb 5.12, 3rd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Climb 5.12, 3rd

Chris
I think the book was a good read!

I guess you may be wondering why I gave it a 3. Well, it wasn't really like the greatest book ever read, nor did it really change my life. But the 3 also doesn't mean it was written poorly. It just means it was a good, instructional read. I learned plenty from it, and I'm glad I read it! It has plenty of tips and bits of knowledge that will help any new climber to move up another grade (whether that's 5.9 or 5.13).

Also, the book should be judged by the title. Thi
paul redman
“How To Climb 5.15” should be required reading for all novice, intermediate & advanced Rock Climbers. This book outlines everything you need to know and includes valuable first hand, tested experience in developing your skills, preventing injuries and getting the absolute most out of climbing.

I am a novice climber and have been climbing for just over around seven months. Within the first couple of months of climbing this book was recommended to me numerous times. I kept “meaning” to get arou
Jake McCrary
Pretty good book which gives solid advice for getting better at climbing. Has both work out schedules and general advice for how to focus your practice to maximize improvements.

One thing I'll probably immediately start doing is some of the pre-hab exercises in effort to reduce chance of injury.
skye
This book, by a local MD climber, really shook up how I train and climb, and led to me climbing better (and enjoying it more) than ever before last season. Great advice on the foundations (work on skills, not strength) and injury prevention and the mental game. A lot of principles that apply across sports or in other areas of life.
Martin
Good book. Helped with mindset and preparedness. Good info about nutrition and exercise programs. I'm basically doing everything wrong is what this book is telling me. Have my work cut out for me.
Shelley
I thought this book gave some useful tips for training both mentally and physically, giving me a different aim for my focus when training and when climbing. Excited to see where it takes me!
Ian
Recommended - this guy has some very useful ideas on getting into shape for climbing.
Tony Go
The walls to her heart are V9s and I'm just not that good of a climber.
Stanley Hall
Feb 21, 2009 Stanley Hall is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Specific advice, routines, workouts, and more to jump start your climbing!
Kevin H.
There are some great principles to follow in this book.
Damien Ayers
Great guidelines for climbing harder.
Branko
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Matheus Martins
Matheus Martins marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Bakunin
Bakunin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Jenny Earnest
Jenny Earnest marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Dschmit39
Dschmit39 marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Julie Lapolito
Julie Lapolito marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Maria
Maria is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • Colorado's Fourteeners: From Hikes to Climbs
  • Who Made God?: Searching for a Theory of Everything
  • Everest: Mountain without Mercy
  • CSS: The Definitive Guide
  • Healing Mantras: Using Sound Affirmations for Personal Power, Creativity, and Healing (Book & CD)
  • The Energy of Life
  • Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Theory and Technique
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
Training for Climbing: The Definitive Guide to Improving Your Climbing Performance Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, 2nd (State Rock Climbing Series) Learning to Climb Indoors Maximum Climbing: Mental Training for Peak Performance and Optimal Experience Maximum Climbing: Mental Training for Peak Performance and Optimal Experience (How To Climb Series)