Start by marking “The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)

The Tainted (Isles of Glory #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As the beautiful illusionist Flame succumbs to the dark spell that taints her soul, the physician Kelwyn Gilfeather discovers that the only way to cure her may be to destroy all magic and change the Isles of Glory forever.
Published June 27th 2006 by Ace (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Tainted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tainted

Maraia
The Tainted was a wonderful conclusion to the Isles of Glory trilogy. Despite being the longest, it was the fastest read for me. Between the build-up to the Change, the introduction of new characters, the ending, and especially some long-awaited FEELS, it's my favorite book of the three.

I love how Larke weaves new characters into each book, and how, often in spite of themselves, they can't help getting involved with Blaze, Gilfeather, etc. The old characters are still there, but the story keeps
Chiawen
typisch Glenda Larke „Die Inseln des Ruhms - Die Magierin“ von Glenda Larke ist der letzte Band dieser Fantasy-Trilogie.
Der Dunkelmagier Morthred ist getötet, die Dunstigen sind jetzt Menschen und Flamme trägt immer noch Mortheds Kind im Leib. Flamme ist zwar nicht so bösartig, aber sie versucht ein ganzes Inselreich unter ihre Kontrolle zu bringen um dann die ganzen Inselreiche beherrschen zu können. Ruath, Glut und ihre Freunde versuchen jetzt Flamme zu retten und die Dunkelmagie zu vernichten
Terri (Reading By Starlight)
Lian Tanner
Four and a half stars. This is such an excellent trilogy, and it's really nice to have found another fantasy author I love. Larke continues to address interesting questions in this book, particularly the two tiered society that magic creates so easily. Her writing reminds me of Robin Hobb - the character development is superb, the world building excellent, and the series comes to a very satisfying conclusion. More Glenda Larke books, please!
Iain Kaslar
great book from an audience author. will definitely be seeking out more of her work.
Joni
This last book wraps up some loose ends that the previous book failed to answer, although it does raise some new questions.

In this story we find out what happens to Flame and what happened to the Ghemps, although that question is answered somewhat weakly. I was impressed with how well Larke wrapped this story up although I would love to see another book detailing Anyara's travels.
Christine
An excellent ending to an excellent trilogy; looks like I have found a new fantasy author!! My only complaint is the cover designs on the paperback books I read; half-naked women with swords does not portray the characters in any of the books!!
Kari
Tantalizing, thrilling, mysterious and with a proper ending that will leave you satisfied. Can't wait to visit the Isles of Glory again in years to come!
Melanie
An interesting story, filled with action, love, sorrow and hope. A beautiful melding of real cultures and peoples that make for a compelling read.
Lindsay
Final book in the Isles of Glory trilogy. Brings all the threads together in an enjoyable read.
Jo Wake
Excellent book, excellent series
Patrick
I enjoyed the whole series.
~Anita~
A sad and depressing ending
Angela Manuel
Angela Manuel marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Courtney Alston
Courtney Alston marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Stephen Duckett
Stephen Duckett marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Redraven
Redraven marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Dick
Dick marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
  • The Palace of Impossible Dreams (Tide Lords, #3)
  • King's Wrath (Valisar, #3)
  • The Firebird's Vengeance (Isavalta, #3)
  • The Alchemist's Key
  • Legends of Australian Fantasy
  • The Fathomless Caves (The Witches of Eileanan, #6)
  • Cagebird (Warchild #3)
  • Metro Winds
Glenda was born in Western Australia, the daughter of a farmer. She was educated at government state schools and the University of Western Australia, where she obtained a degree in history and a diploma in education. Married to a Malaysian scientist, she has grown-up children, and now lives in Malaysia, where she is actively involved in rainforest conservation.
Author of The Isles of Glory trilogy
More about Glenda Larke...

Isles of Glory (3 books)
  • The Aware (The Isles of Glory, #1)
  • Gilfeather (Isles of Glory, #2)
The Last Stormlord (Watergivers, #1) Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2) Stormlord's Exile (Watergivers #3) The Aware (The Isles of Glory, #1) Heart of the Mirage (Mirage Makers, #1)