Start by marking “Reunion (Pip & Flinx Adventures, #6)” as Want to Read:
Reunion (Pip & Flinx Adventures, #6)

Reunion (Pip & Flinx #8)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  938 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The wait is over! At last, New York Times bestselling author Alan Dean Foster returns to his acclaimed Humanx universe, where a young human orphan called Flinx seeks to unlock the dangerous secrets of his past and the uncertain prospects of his future with the aid of the formidable minidrag known as Pip. Together, Flinx and Pip have roamed the galaxy on their quest for kno...more
Published March 26th 2002 by Del Rey (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

Kevin
Though I rated this four stars, I am disappointed at a few aspects of this mid-point installment of the Flinx and Pip saga. There was a gap in time between the last novel and this one, and it shows. In the opening quarter or so of the story Flinx behaves almost like a completely different character from the rest of the series. I may have missed a crucial plot point due to the inevitable stresses and adventures of my own rather less epic life, but why I wonder is Flinx so driven to find every scr...more
Red Siegfried
Not only have I not read these books in the order they were written, but the order in which they were written is not really the order in which they should be read anyway. So I get a little confused.

Anyway, good news is that ADF has at least one, maybe two more Pip and Flinx books on the way. So contrary to what Gar and I were discussing, yes, ADF still does actually write NOVELS, not just movie tie-ins.

For those who are interested, here is the chronological order of the series, and the years in...more
Bryan457
This book advance Flinx's story a minuscule amount, just enough to get you to read it. Another of the "cash cow" variety.
Flinx does use his mental powers a bit in this one; it is too little and too late to really salvage that part of the story for me.

I wanted for Flinx to develop and use his psionic talents. The series is now something like 13 books and his mental talents are still unreliable and pretty much useless; this was a very, very, very big disappointment to me for the series as a whole...more
Jeffrey
Jun 29, 2010 Jeffrey rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Foster Fans, Flinx and Pip Fans
Shelves: science-fiction
I have read not only all of the flinx and pip novels but almost all of Foster's other novels. This novel was not up to the beginning of the series -- Tar Aym Krang, Orphan Star, End of the Matter, Bloodhype, but was better than the last two books wich seem merely to be written to extend the series until Foster can figure out how to end it.
Al
Mar 01, 2012 Al rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pip and Flinx SciFi fans
Pip and Flinx. What’s not to like?

Foster has done his usual workmanlike job of spinning yet another yarn about the adventures of the two, but the story line is a bit thin. Just a bit. I got the feeling that it was forced; a matter of churning out another story in the series because fans demand it and it pays well.

Yes, there’s enough meat there to keep the fans happy, but some of the parts seem to be filler.

BUT:
Will I read it again? Yes.
Do I want more? Definitely!
Cherie Waggie
I have loved Flinx and Pip since the very first book I read with these two, which was, as a matter of fact, the fourth book. So intrigued was I, I had to buy the proceeding three and have tried to keep up with the two of them since; not always easy with a growing boy. I see there are several listed that I don't have. I certainly will have to remedy that!
Bruce
Intriguing exemplar of the idea that the vitality of a series decays exponentially with each successive volume. Otherwise, passable airplane reading - keeps one's mind off delays and dangerous landings but perhaps not long waits on the tarmac sans urination.
Erinn
It was pretty good, but then I like most of the books in the Flinx and Pip series. I just wish it had a better ending, it didn't feel resolved and left me wondering if the main character got anything from his adventure.
Erik Zidowecki
I've read this entire series of "Flinx" novels years ago, and am rereading them now. I only remembered a bit from this one, and it was very enjoyable to read again.
Amelia
A little more in depth than many of the books of this series. Still an amusing read.
Scor
when i feel like it i will go back to it the books beside the bed are piling up
Abby
Peter
All the Flinx books are a good read - best read in order
Pam
read 09.25.05
Brett
Science Fiction
Mich
Mich marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Trevor Williams
Trevor Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Wayne Stevens
Wayne Stevens marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jean Koontz
Jean Koontz marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
  • Dragon and Herdsman (Dragonback, #4)
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • Conqueror (Raj Whitehall, #3-5)
  • A Phule and His Money (Phule's Company, #3)
  • The Parafaith War (Parafaith, #1)
  • Empires of Flux and Anchor (Soul Rider, #2)
  • Deathstalker Legacy (Deathstalker, #6)
  • Metal Fire (Robotech, Second Generation, #8)
  • Razor's Edge (Sholan Alliance, #4)
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • Carnifex
  • A Wizard in Absentia (Rogue Wizard, #1)
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • A Plague of Demons & Other Stories
  • Hunters of the Red Moon
Bestselling science fiction writer Alan Dean Foster was born in New York City in 1946, but raised mainly in California. He received a B.A. in Political Science from UCLA in 1968, and a M.F.A. in 1969. Foster lives in Arizona with his wife, but he enjoys traveling because it gives him opportunities to meet new people and explore new places and cultures. This interest is carried over to his writing,...more
More about Alan Dean Foster...
Alien Splinter of the Mind's Eye (Star Wars) Spellsinger (Spellsinger, #1) The Tar-Aiym Krang (Pip & Flinx, #1) The Moment of the Magician (Spellsinger, #4)