Start by marking “Reunion (Pip & Flinx Adventures, #6)” as Want to Read:
Reunion (Pip & Flinx Adventures, #6)

Reunion (Pip & Flinx #7)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,223 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The wait is over! At last, New York Times bestselling author Alan Dean Foster returns to his acclaimed Humanx universe, where a young human orphan called Flinx seeks to unlock the dangerous secrets of his past and the uncertain prospects of his future with the aid of the formidable minidrag known as Pip. Together, Flinx and Pip have roamed the galaxy on their quest for kno ...more
Published March 26th 2002 by Del Rey (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

Paul
Feb 09, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is more than one Reunion in this instalment of the Humanx Commonwealth series, one more obvious than the other.

On his continuing journey of self-discovery, Flinx doubles back on his path and ends up back on Earth again, for the second time (unlike most of us, he wasn’t born there). Perhaps it’s because of this that this episode didn’t grip me as immediately as some of the others. Perhaps it’s just because I’ve read so many of these books back-to-back now, that I’m starting to experience th
Kevin
Jun 15, 2013 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though I rated this four stars, I am disappointed at a few aspects of this mid-point installment of the Flinx and Pip saga. There was a gap in time between the last novel and this one, and it shows. In the opening quarter or so of the story Flinx behaves almost like a completely different character from the rest of the series. I may have missed a crucial plot point due to the inevitable stresses and adventures of my own rather less epic life, but why I wonder is Flinx so driven to find every scr ...more
Red Siegfried
Not only have I not read these books in the order they were written, but the order in which they were written is not really the order in which they should be read anyway. So I get a little confused.

Anyway, good news is that ADF has at least one, maybe two more Pip and Flinx books on the way. So contrary to what Gar and I were discussing, yes, ADF still does actually write NOVELS, not just movie tie-ins.

For those who are interested, here is the chronological order of the series, and the years in
Bryan457
This book advance Flinx's story a minuscule amount, just enough to get you to read it. Another of the "cash cow" variety.
Flinx does use his mental powers a bit in this one; it is too little and too late to really salvage that part of the story for me.

I wanted for Flinx to develop and use his psionic talents. The series is now something like 13 books and his mental talents are still unreliable and pretty much useless; this was a very, very, very big disappointment to me for the series as a whole
Jeffrey
Jun 29, 2010 Jeffrey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Foster Fans, Flinx and Pip Fans
Shelves: science-fiction
I have read not only all of the flinx and pip novels but almost all of Foster's other novels. This novel was not up to the beginning of the series -- Tar Aym Krang, Orphan Star, End of the Matter, Bloodhype, but was better than the last two books wich seem merely to be written to extend the series until Foster can figure out how to end it.
Lara
Jul 23, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-to-read, 2016
This book was a bit darker than the books earlier in Flinx's life and definitely should be read after the others. While I knew he wouldn't die, he does go through a long trial that was difficult to experience. It took a while before the titled reunion occurs, though I had predicted who it would be with.

The book begins with Flinx using his abilities in a way I found discomforting. While he is fine with theft, deception, etc., he typically is careful to avoid really hurting others, especially the
Robert Ruppert
Apr 09, 2015 Robert Ruppert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good continuation of Flinx mysteries, adding more diverse living characters of highly unusual 'nature' that are extremely interested in Flinx's survival and having him be part of the 'great' Blight solution.

Did find a discrepancy in the story where the AAnn cause enough damage to the Crotase to prevent KK-drive from sub space travel yet upon retaking that ship from the AAnn they immediately use KK-drive to escape via space-plus.
Matt
Mar 11, 2016 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continued fun reads, though falling into a rather predictable pattern:
* Discover new world
* Get lost/abandoned/forced to deal with new world
* Find unexpected help
* Resolution

Including a lot of exposition in the form of not particularly memorable or exciting dialog. But still, fun.
Perry
Mar 10, 2015 Perry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I really feel like Foster dug deep into the thesaurus for this entry.

There's a LOT of excessive and elaborate word usage going on and it's really tripping up my reading.

Hoping this doesn't become a common thing going forward.
Cheryl Shorter
Feb 06, 2016 Cheryl Shorter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: room-my, fa-jk
This story takes Flinx and Pip back to Earth where he again tries to infiltrate the Church's files on himself and the Melliorare Society. This time he is stopped not by being caught or distracted from his quest but because the information has once again been taken and tampered with. To follow the only lead he has he must follow a food company ship to faraway Pyrassis. Who and why would anyone steal his personal information, only to take it off planet and past the boundaries of Humanx Commonwealt ...more
Al "Tank"
Apr 01, 2015 Al "Tank" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pip and Flinx SciFi fans
Pip and Flinx. What’s not to like?

Foster has done his usual workmanlike job of spinning yet another yarn about the adventures of the two, but the story line is a bit thin. Just a bit. I got the feeling that it was forced; a matter of churning out another story in the series because fans demand it and it pays well.

Yes, there’s enough meat there to keep the fans happy, but some of the parts seem to be filler.

BUT:
Will I read it again? Yes.
Do I want more? Definitely!
Cherie Waggie
Oct 29, 2013 Cherie Waggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved Flinx and Pip since the very first book I read with these two, which was, as a matter of fact, the fourth book. So intrigued was I, I had to buy the proceeding three and have tried to keep up with the two of them since; not always easy with a growing boy. I see there are several listed that I don't have. I certainly will have to remedy that!
Bruce
Feb 04, 2012 Bruce rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing exemplar of the idea that the vitality of a series decays exponentially with each successive volume. Otherwise, passable airplane reading - keeps one's mind off delays and dangerous landings but perhaps not long waits on the tarmac sans urination.
Erinn
Feb 02, 2008 Erinn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
It was pretty good, but then I like most of the books in the Flinx and Pip series. I just wish it had a better ending, it didn't feel resolved and left me wondering if the main character got anything from his adventure.
Erik Zidowecki
I've read this entire series of "Flinx" novels years ago, and am rereading them now. I only remembered a bit from this one, and it was very enjoyable to read again.
Amelia
Jul 05, 2013 Amelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little more in depth than many of the books of this series. Still an amusing read.
Scor
when i feel like it i will go back to it the books beside the bed are piling up
Abby
May 27, 2010 Abby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Peter
May 06, 2012 Peter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the Flinx books are a good read - best read in order
Pam
Shelves: alan-dean-foster
Pip & Flinx adventure story #10
*BIO*
Marsha Wilcox
Jul 08, 2011 Marsha Wilcox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Flinx series
colleen
read 10.30.04
read 09.25.05
Brett
Science Fiction
Henrycowles
Henrycowles marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Albert Davies
Albert Davies marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Marvin
Marvin rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Louise
Louise added it
Jul 14, 2016
compiledwrong
compiledwrong rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
  • Dragon and Judge (Dragonback, #5)
  • Dark Nadir (Sholan Alliance, #5)
  • The Rising (The Flight Engineer, #1)
  • The Magnificent Wilf
  • Phule Me Twice (Phule's Company, #4)
  • Dragon Ship (Theo Waitley, #4; Liaden Universe, #17)
  • Empires of Flux and Anchor (Soul Rider, #2)
  • The Parafaith War (Parafaith, #1)
  • Last Stand: Bolos 4
  • Beginning Operations: A Sector General Omnibus (Sector General, #1-3)
  • Hunters of the Red Moon
  • Plague of Memory (Stardoc, #7)
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • Conqueror (The General, #3-5)
Bestselling science fiction writer Alan Dean Foster was born in New York City in 1946, but raised mainly in California. He received a B.A. in Political Science from UCLA in 1968, and a M.F.A. in 1969. Foster lives in Arizona with his wife, but he enjoys traveling because it gives him opportunities to meet new people and explore new places and cultures. This interest is carried over to his writing, ...more
More about Alan Dean Foster...

Pip & Flinx (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • For Love of Mother-Not (Pip & Flinx, #1)
  • The Tar-Aiym Krang (Pip & Flinx, #2)
  • Bloodhype (Pip & Flinx, #11)
  • Orphan Star (Pip & Flinx #3)
  • The End of the Matter (Pip & Flinx #4)
  • Flinx in Flux (Pip & Flinx, #5)
  • Mid-Flinx (Pip & Flinx, #6)
  • Flinx's Folly (Pip & Flinx #8)
  • Sliding Scales (Pip & Flinx #9)
  • Running from the Deity (Pip & Flinx #10)