Start by marking “Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes” as Want to Read:
Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes

Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  368 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
          So who has time to prepare food these days? We time-starved cooks need recipes that are guaranteed to be— Quick to fix, Easy for anyone to make, whether you're a cook or not, Delicious and satisfying. The solution? Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites—the latest member in the multi-million copy Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook series! This smart cookbook offe ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Good Books (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites

Louise
Aug 14, 2012 Louise rated it it was ok
Too many can-o-soup or envelope of taco seasoning recipes. Some good ones. Me thinks I should read the low fat book
Angie Lisle
Jul 11, 2013 Angie Lisle rated it it was ok
The recipes in this book are Americanized versions of (mostly) European comfort foods. The book is geared for people on the go or people with limited cooking abilities.

I'm an intermediate-cook (and a kitchen witch!) who will happily dedicate an entire day to the kitchen. I love quick and easy recipes but I also like to challenge my cooking skills. This book didn't challenge me.

My house is flexitarian; we skip meat many times a week. Most of these recipes involve meat in some form.

My household
Greta
Nov 11, 2011 Greta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I saw this in the library (at the same time I picked up the other "Fix It and Forget It" slow cooker cookbook I reviewed separately) and thought, "Wow, that's great - I only need 5 ingredients." Well, I got home, started reading and found out that most of those ingredients included some combination of cream of ____ (chicken, mushroom, celery) soup and other canned products that are typically very high in sodium (even the low sodium versions). So, even though there are plenty of recipes to choose ...more
Leslie Ferrari
Apr 06, 2014 Leslie Ferrari rated it liked it
I was particularly interested in this book since it limits the number of ingredients and my daughter has a small kitchen. I did not find new recipes, but rather recipes from other books in the series. As previously mentioned, many have optional ingredients that you would want to use.
Kelli Stephenson
Dec 28, 2014 Kelli Stephenson rated it it was ok
Easy recipes? Yes. But most really do not sound appealing and it seemed like it was page after page of the same thing with maybe one tweaked ingredient. This recipe book could have been paired down to maybe a fourth of the recipes. I jotted down a few, a few others I already make and like.
Heather
Mar 17, 2017 Heather rated it liked it
I got this because I'm all about easy crock-pot meals. I only gave it 3 stars because the recipes are not actually by the "author". Instead, it is a collection of user submitted recipes; like a church cookbook. I'm not sure if the author personally tested all the recipes as there are hundreds in the book. But I was rather disappointed because I don't want to spend money and time on making something that has not been through a professional test kitchen; I've had enough home-cook recipe failures t ...more
Wendy Holcombe
Nov 29, 2010 Wendy Holcombe rated it it was ok
Shelves: health-or-food
I wouldn't say that a lot of these recipes are 5 ingredients or less, when one of the ingredients is something else you would have to make, (or buy premade) then it takes more ingredients.
Also, most of these recipes aren't the healthiest, but the book doesn't claim to be healthy.

I can use it for some ideas, but I would change most of the recipes to make them healthier, and I'd end up using more than 5 ingredients in a lot of them.

Tracy
Feb 20, 2009 Tracy rated it really liked it
Although I've marked this as read, I am still trying out many of the recipes in this book. As someone who is hopeless in the kitchen, this book has been a Godsend to me, and I can finally help my husband out by preparing a few meals a week. The recipes are super easy to follow, and more than half the time are delicious (even those that weren't delicious were still perfectly edible). I would highly recommend this book to anyone who either hates or fails at cooking, or has little time to cook.
Ashley Katsuyama
Oct 27, 2016 Ashley Katsuyama rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
The recipes are just so simple, and make busy weekdays/nights so easy, I can't not love this book. And since there are just a few ingredients, it even helps simplify grocery shopping (huge win). Most of the dishes I've made have been good, not great, but everyone in the family has liked them, and you just can't beat the ease!
Marilyn
Nov 18, 2010 Marilyn rated it it was ok
I'm not kidding there is a recipe in here that involves hotdogs and equal parts grape jelly and prepared mustard. It dampens my ability to feel confident in the editing of this book (these recipes were all submitted by people from all over the country). In fairness the beef and barley soup recipes look good.
Cheryl
Jul 25, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite cookbook! Why? Because all of the recipes are so easy to make (5 ingredients or less) and everything I have made from this book tastes delicious! Even my extremely picky husband has tried the dishes I have made using these recipes and will admit that he likes them! And of course, who doesn't like using their slow cooker to make dinner? Best cookbook ever!!!
Kae Larsen
This book has a huge assortment of recipes, which is awesome. The problem I find with it is that even though it is a 5 ingredient recipe book many of the recipes have a lot of 'optional' foods you can add to them. Mostly if it is gonna taste good ya better add the optionals!
Anne
Sep 13, 2010 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's too bad it's a library book, I'd have loved using it indefinitely. There are tons of recipes in there I'd like to try. Most cookbooks I look at have hardly any recipes that I'd be interested in.
Amanda
Dec 27, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, cookbooks
This is a great book for People just learning how to crock pot cook! The small number of ingredients doesn't make cooking intimidating.
Miss Mouse
Jun 24, 2010 Miss Mouse rated it liked it
Shelves: home-cooking, 2010
A good cookbook but there's a lot of overlap of recipes with all the other Fix it and Forget it books.

Buy the Big Fix it and Forget it book.
Connie Gunderson
Oct 26, 2010 Connie Gunderson rated it did not like it
These are pretty horrible recipes, though they are easy as hell. I haven't made one thing I've liked much and I've made like 7 things from this book. Pass.
Cheryl
Sep 05, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite cook book ever!!! You can't beat a slow-cooker, and these recipes are so easy and taste great, too!
Andrea
Jun 03, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a gift and have yet to find anything in it that I want to make. I plan to keep trying.
Mary
Feb 04, 2010 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
We have been eating with this book for the past 2 weeks and I have loved everything. This is one of my favorites in this cookbook series.
Wendi Mattson
Mar 01, 2014 Wendi Mattson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Easy and great tasting recipes. This is one of my favorite go to cook books.
Pyxipyro
Apr 15, 2013 Pyxipyro rated it liked it
The german chocolate cake mix cookies are yummy! Page 215.
Annmarie
Aug 18, 2009 Annmarie marked it as to-read
Recommended by my brother. But I am always up for receipes with only 5 ingredients!!! (:
Diana
Jul 28, 2011 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-read
Great recipes
Beth
Helpful and inspiring for persons, like myself, who've begun to prefer spending time in pursuits Other Than cooking.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
SANDRA ABEL
SANDRA ABEL rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Christy Lester
Christy Lester rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
  • Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
  • The Italian Slow Cooker
  • Cooking under Pressure
  • Cooking 'Round the Clock: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals
  • The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community
  • 365 Days of Slow-Cooking
  • Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You
  • The Food of Morocco
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • The Cornbread Gospels
  • The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket
  • Betty Crocker's New Cookbook
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • The Compleat I Hate to Cook Book
  • Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes