Start by marking “Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes” as Want to Read:
Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes

Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites: Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  22 reviews

Who has time to cook these days? The solution? These 700 recipes which offer convenience and comfort to anyone faced with a too-full life and hungry people to feed. With breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert options, all made with five ingredients or less.

Published January 1st 2007 by Good Books (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites

Leslie Ferrari
I was particularly interested in this book since it limits the number of ingredients and my daughter has a small kitchen. I did not find new recipes, but rather recipes from other books in the series. As previously mentioned, many have optional ingredients that you would want to use.
Louise
Too many can-o-soup or envelope of taco seasoning recipes. Some good ones. Me thinks I should read the low fat book
Angie Lisle
The recipes in this book are Americanized versions of (mostly) European comfort foods. The book is geared for people on the go or people with limited cooking abilities.

I'm an intermediate-cook (and a kitchen witch!) who will happily dedicate an entire day to the kitchen. I love quick and easy recipes but I also like to challenge my cooking skills. This book didn't challenge me.

My house is flexitarian; we skip meat many times a week. Most of these recipes involve meat in some form.

My household
Greta
I saw this in the library (at the same time I picked up the other "Fix It and Forget It" slow cooker cookbook I reviewed separately) and thought, "Wow, that's great - I only need 5 ingredients." Well, I got home, started reading and found out that most of those ingredients included some combination of cream of ____ (chicken, mushroom, celery) soup and other canned products that are typically very high in sodium (even the low sodium versions). So, even though there are plenty of recipes to choose ...more
Wendi Mattson
Mar 01, 2014 Wendi Mattson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Easy and great tasting recipes. This is one of my favorite go to cook books.
Tracy
Although I've marked this as read, I am still trying out many of the recipes in this book. As someone who is hopeless in the kitchen, this book has been a Godsend to me, and I can finally help my husband out by preparing a few meals a week. The recipes are super easy to follow, and more than half the time are delicious (even those that weren't delicious were still perfectly edible). I would highly recommend this book to anyone who either hates or fails at cooking, or has little time to cook.
Wendy Holcombe
I wouldn't say that a lot of these recipes are 5 ingredients or less, when one of the ingredients is something else you would have to make, (or buy premade) then it takes more ingredients.
Also, most of these recipes aren't the healthiest, but the book doesn't claim to be healthy.

I can use it for some ideas, but I would change most of the recipes to make them healthier, and I'd end up using more than 5 ingredients in a lot of them.

Cheryl
This is my favorite cookbook! Why? Because all of the recipes are so easy to make (5 ingredients or less) and everything I have made from this book tastes delicious! Even my extremely picky husband has tried the dishes I have made using these recipes and will admit that he likes them! And of course, who doesn't like using their slow cooker to make dinner? Best cookbook ever!!!
Marilyn
I'm not kidding there is a recipe in here that involves hotdogs and equal parts grape jelly and prepared mustard. It dampens my ability to feel confident in the editing of this book (these recipes were all submitted by people from all over the country). In fairness the beef and barley soup recipes look good.
Kae Larsen
This book has a huge assortment of recipes, which is awesome. The problem I find with it is that even though it is a 5 ingredient recipe book many of the recipes have a lot of 'optional' foods you can add to them. Mostly if it is gonna taste good ya better add the optionals!
Anne
It's too bad it's a library book, I'd have loved using it indefinitely. There are tons of recipes in there I'd like to try. Most cookbooks I look at have hardly any recipes that I'd be interested in.
Connie Gunderson
These are pretty horrible recipes, though they are easy as hell. I haven't made one thing I've liked much and I've made like 7 things from this book. Pass.
Miss Mouse
A good cookbook but there's a lot of overlap of recipes with all the other Fix it and Forget it books.

Buy the Big Fix it and Forget it book.
Mary
We have been eating with this book for the past 2 weeks and I have loved everything. This is one of my favorites in this cookbook series.
Amanda
This is a great book for People just learning how to crock pot cook! The small number of ingredients doesn't make cooking intimidating.
Cheryl
My favorite cook book ever!!! You can't beat a slow-cooker, and these recipes are so easy and taste great, too!
Andrea
I received this as a gift and have yet to find anything in it that I want to make. I plan to keep trying.
Annmarie
Aug 18, 2009 Annmarie marked it as to-read
Recommended by my brother. But I am always up for receipes with only 5 ingredients!!! (:
Taryn Finley
One of my favorite crockpot cookbooks. Lots of good simple recipes
Pyxipyro
The german chocolate cake mix cookies are yummy! Page 215.
Diana
Great recipes
Christine Smith
Christine Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You
  • The Compleat I Hate to Cook Book
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community
  • The Dinner Doctor
  • The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever
  • The Food of Morocco
  • Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana
  • Double Delicious!
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Please to the Table: The Russian Cookbook
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
  • Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet
Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! Plus "Special Holiday Dishes" Bonus Section! Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook: Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone! Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!