Start by marking “Reporting for the Media” as Want to Read:
Reporting for the Media

Reporting for the Media

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Grounded in the basics: grammar, news writing style and traditional story structures, this title introduces students to what reporters do - engage the world around them, generate story ideas, gather information, and write a story. It addresses topics such as broadcast and convergence, taking into account the multimedia nature of journalism.
Published August 5th 2004 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published November 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Reporting for the Media, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reporting for the Media

Todd Maxwell
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Brian
This is the best introductory journalism textbook I've encountered. Includes several great assignments for in-class work; also drives home the importance of factchecking (many of the assignments feature mispellings/contradictions that force students to verify the info). Effectively teaches nuts & bolts journalism while encouraging students to develop their news sense.

An all-porpose text for an intro class.
Kristopher
Before, I didn't bother listing textbooks on Goodreads. This year, I'm going to try to keep a broader record of what I read and where all my time goes.

The problem is that I really don't know how to rate a textbook. As far as textbooks go, this one was ok. Fairly to the point and easy to navigate. I think that's about the most you can ask from it.
Shannon
Surely there are better texts than this. I would have learned a ton more from Perry Parks' Making Important News Interesting. I hope that's the new JRN 200 text.
Deezy
Deezy marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Courtney Elyse
Courtney Elyse marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Rob
Rob is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Kylie Phoon
Kylie Phoon marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Irati
Irati added it
Aug 27, 2014
Susan Soprano
Susan Soprano marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Yi-shan Chen
Yi-shan Chen marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Lisa
Lisa added it
May 26, 2013
Ruchita Joshi
Ruchita Joshi marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Apr 15, 2012
Nicole
Nicole added it
Feb 22, 2012
Media Hoaxes Reporting For The Print Media An Introduction to the Mass Media Media Writer: Computer Lessons Newswriter Instructor's Manual to Accompany Reporting for the Media