Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketching, and Mixed Media

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Daring Adventures in Paint is a colorful, whimsical adventure of a book that explores inspirational paint and mixed-media techniques. Written by the well-loved artist/illustrator/blogger Mati Rose McDonough, this book's approach to making art is a bit like uncovering a hidden treasure, a treasure that resides within each aspiring artist. Through a myriad of both practical...more
Published July 1st 2012 by Quarry Books

To ask other readers questions about Daring Adventures in Paint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daring Adventures in Paint

Rebecca Waring-Crane
With a birthday giftcard in my hot little hand I spent a delicious afternoon at Barnes & Nobel sorting through a pile of possibilites. I brought home Daring Adventures in Paint: Inspiring Techniques with Collage and Mixed Media with a happy heart. Reading it before bed sustained the happiness. Mati Rose shares heaps of secrets for mixed media canvas work AND each technique partners with lively, light-filled photos rounding out her encouraging tell with vivid show.

Along with a desire to try...more
Molly
A fascinating and inspirational look at the author's artistic process. I found myself setting it down midway through so I could pull out some paints and papers and start creating.
I borrowed this from my local library but will likely purchase my own copy for future reference.
Tracy
Lots of fun and a breath of creative fresh air that got me carving out time each weekend to take an artistic adventure. Mati's playfulness and encouraging attitude shine in this gorgeously illustrated guide.
UrbanWildflower
It's a fun little book. Nothing too deep. I am not a technique person. I do like to read about how other people do their work. Particularly interested in illustrators lately.
Lei
This was a really quick read and I enjoyed it. It has a lot of great pictures and tutorials and I will definitely add this book to my list of must haves.
Darby
Just a quick note with a longer review later...I read this book and Rose's message just when I needed to hear it.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Heena Patel
Heena Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
S.m. Furrer
S.m. Furrer marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Rósa Björk
Rósa Björk marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketchin I Carry Your Heart With Me