Start by marking “Code Monkey” as Want to Read:
Code Monkey

Code Monkey

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Baxter Savage is bored at his job as a code monkey (aka computer programmer). He dreams of leaving his job for better but his sensual dreams of the company’s receptionist, Anna Marie, keep him at his job for now.

Anna Marie is the low woman on the totem pole who wants to be more and dreams of hitting the big time. When she’s asked to spy on a suspected secrets thief for a p
Published (first published November 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Code Monkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code Monkey

Heather in FL
This was just an OK read for me. Maybe since I am a code monkey IRL, I had immediate problems with how Anna Marie made so many assumptions about Baxter. First, he can't possibly have ambition since he works where she does. Then, she finds out he's a gamer, so he must be a loser, spending all his free time playing games. Then, she finds out about his side business and immediately assumes it's more a hobby than anything else.

Baxter, on the other hand, thinks Anna Marie can do anything she sets he
Ellen
Liked it, but as someone who does understand code there were some things that bugged me. For the layperson though this is a good story with a cute geek for the hero.

A few moments made me think Armstrong got all her gaming knowledge from the internet, like having die-hard gamers own a Wii console. Yes the Wii is a gaming platform, but it's not marketed at or usually played by gamers - and Anna Marie should have known what it was. Also Baxter mentions binary code. Very rarely do people actually co
Yvette
This really deserves a 3.5. The author included alternative sex scenes and that's a plus in my book. It also never hurts to have the bad guy get caught in the end. But do codemonkeys always go armed? Hell! Watch out Microsoft, I say!
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Charlotte O'sullivan
Charlotte O'sullivan marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
SassySami
SassySami marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Glamdring
Glamdring marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Caley
Caley added it
Jul 29, 2012
B. Practical
B. Practical marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2012
Rustye
Rustye marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
CaliGirlRae
CaliGirlRae marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
Growing up, I had a vivid imagination with lots of imaginary playmates and stuffed animals to keep me company. I even had crayon box adventures where the colors had a kingdom and tales to tell. And who says pink is a girl color? In my world, he was a prince.

From the time I could form my letters, this translated into fanciful writings from poems on eye shadow (I was six) to a story about an Island
More about Mechele Armstrong...
The Rivals (Settler's Mine, #1) Dinah's Dark Desire (Dinah's Desire #1) The Lovers (Settler's Mine, #2) The Woman (Settler's Mine, #3) Blood Kiss (Blood Lines, #1)