Start by marking “Catwitch” as Want to Read:
Catwitch

Catwitch

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Hardcover
Published 1983 by Doubleday & Co.

To ask other readers questions about Catwitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catwitch

Lara Messersmith-Glavin
This book was another childhood favorite for a variety of reasons: one, it was under "restricted circulation" in my grade school library, as a number of incredibly fearful and pathologically ridiculous Christian parents criticized its magical message and deemed a "Satanic influence" on the minds of young readers; two, it is beautiful both in image and text. It was eventually banned by the school, and mother, in her infinite good wisdom and uniquely well-situated position as a library volunteer,...more
Leigh Bardugo
A childhood favorite that I still have on my shelf. A haunting, humorous story, beautifully illustrated— I'd love to see this back in print. But why isn't the amazing Lisa Tuttle credited as well?
Amber dePixi
Witches! Fairies! Cats who can speak and wear hats! and best of all....UNICORNS?!

I found this book in one of my childhood haunts - the public library. Every summer my grandmother would drive me there so that I could rack up "points" that would earn me entrance into pizza parties during the next school year! What a deal, considering my nose was stuck in a book regardless of potential pizza rewards...

I was right at the reading level where I found myself grabbing thicker, chapter books and toying...more
Willa Grant
Great magic story from the UK- the best part is that the evil sorcerer looks like Raymond Buckland! LOL
Farhan Rahman
As you may have guessed, this book is about a cat. Who is also a witch. Jules is a kitten who longs for adventure, so he leaves his brethren behind and ends up familiar to a witch (a fading starlet looking to regain her glamor). There's a nefarious real estate developer, a fairy court, and yes, even a unicorn brought to life in absurdly lush illustrations.

I adored this book and must have reread it hundreds of times as a kid. It's one of those books where the illustrations reveal something new w...more
Connie Ziebarth
Gorgeous illustrations!! If you have children that appreciate stories about magic (witches, fairies, unicorns, etc.), I would definitely recommend this one. The book is out of print, but I borrowed a copy from the library.
Robinbp
what a wonderful book!
the images and wonderful fantasy story kept me glued in all throughout the 79 pages.
hard to find, i still have my original copy and i never had to search a library for it but if i could still buy it, i'd get a copy for most of the young kids i know to share the inspiration with them.
Kayla
I loved this book as a child, but unfortunately went to a Catholic school where it was deemed 'restricted' in our library. I was only allowed to check it out twice, but often went back to the library to sit and read it repeatedly. The illustrations were gorgeous and the story imaginative and rich.
deanna
since my aunt kiya gave me this book in kindergarten, it remains my all time favourite story...it encouraged me to practice drawing and has filled me with the belief that the magic of nature and personal belief are mystifying and supernatural
Juliette
This is a fantastic long out-of-print classic. The illustrations are well done and include fairies, unicorns, cat witches! What more could you want? Keep your eyes peeled for this delightful book at thrift stores.
Jessi Overton
This one gets 5 stars for the illustrations if for no other reason. I'm still hoping to one day be able to afford the sometimes astronomical price tag for this BEAUTIFUL out of print book.
Robin Martinez
Lovely illustrations and a charming story combine to make this a wonderful edition to any child's library. Wish they would bring it back into print!
Robin Ferguson
I love kids books. With a name like Catwitch it immediately caught my attention.
Bethany
I just LOVE the illustrations in this book.
Patricia
My favorite picture book as a child.
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Rebecca Colgate
Rebecca Colgate marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Fin Raziel
Fin Raziel marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Booktenzio
Booktenzio marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Jess Larsen
Jess Larsen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amarant: The Flora and Fauna of Atlantis by a Lady Botanist Inventorum Natura: The Wonderful Voyage Of Pliny Natural History: A Selection Witches Catwitch