Life-Changing Conversations: 7 Strategies for Talking About What Matters Most

Life-Changing Conversations: 7 Strategies for Talking About What Matters Most

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
So much in life hinges on the ability to say the right thing, at the right time, to the right person, in the right way. Now expert psychologist and coach Sarah Rozenthuler provides a practical guide to having the kinds of conversations that will turn your life around, from negotiating with difficult neighbors to asking for a raise to ending a long-term relationship. “A use...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Watkins

To ask other readers questions about Life-Changing Conversations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life-Changing Conversations

Lucinda
‘Do you feel stuck for words at crucial moments?’ Do you find you haven’t really been herd? Does your communication let you down?’ As I replied yes to each of these questions I instantly realized how useful the information in this book would be, and how it would help with so many things including situations surrounding jobs. This has to be the most insightful and practical book that I have read so far this year by an experienced author who guides you through scenarios, explanations and outcomes....more
Tonya
Could be life changing for anyone! Lots of practical advice, several different scenarios gone over that each person might be able to put themselves into. Marriage, jobs, confrontations in almost every part of our lives.

I never thought about conversations as being that deep or that much work! I really liked the job one though. I am not sure in marriage if it should be I am going to do what I want. That is my reasoning for the 4 stars. When you are married, it isn't just about you.

The Bible was q...more
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Talk is so important to get things done and relationships healthy, both at work and in our personal life. When stakes are high, it’s important to be ready for what London based author Sarah Rozenthuler calls Big Conversations. In her book Life-Changing Conversations she presents 7 strategies for talking about what matters most. Whether it’s meant to talk to our bullying boss, to our beloved partner or face the confrontation of losing a job, loved one or chase your dream, this book will help you...more
Betty
Sarah Rozenthuler is a British psychologist specializing in organizations. While reading her book, I had two perspectives.
1. Lots of name-dropping of "well-known" psychologists -- most of whom I never heard of. I felt like I was reading a text-book for a psychology class.
2. The personal antecdotes or examples about conversations were interesting to read.

Two sentences I especially liked, great food for thought:
"Our relationships -- in our personal, professional and intimate lives -- are the ulti...more
GONZA
In Italy we have a famous guru (Nardone) that writes more or less the same book, that are pretty useful in my opinion because they have the theoretical explanations but, more, they have real life examples that, IMHO are much more useful that psychologies notions; even if as a psychotherapist I consider some of this "life-changing conversations" a bit oversimplified, as a "normal person" I can understand their appeal.

In Italia abbiamo un famoso guru (Nardone) che scrive più o meno lo stesso tipo...more
Peter Blackbourn
This book certainly will change lives!
Its already beginning to have an effect in my circle of friends in Australia where a few "Big Conversations" were waiting to unfold. It has helped give clarity and taken the pressure out of the conversations allowing communication to flow from a very compassionate heartspace.
I've also found it very useful in my normal conversations and for my own personal development.
In summary...a wonderful book, very practical and insightful.
I highly recommend it!
Laura Russell
Laura Russell is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2013
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Sandy Fran
Sandy Fran marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Harpreet
Harpreet marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Agnes  Chia Cai Yun
Agnes Chia Cai Yun marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Eliass
Eliass marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Ong Sze han
Ong Sze han marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Weslley Borcen
Weslley Borcen marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Claudine Johnson
Claudine Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
John
John added it
Jul 05, 2012
Mia
Mia added it
Jun 14, 2012
Richard Hare
Richard Hare marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Rose
Rose added it
Oct 11, 2012
Life-Changing Conversations: 7 Strategies to Help You Talk About What Matters Most Life-Changing Conversations: 7 Strategies to Help You Talk about What Matters Most Life-Changing Conversations: 7 Strategies for Talking about What Matters Most (Large Print 16pt)