Start by marking “Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health” as Want to Read:
Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health

Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health

Gorgeous knitwear--that does good, too! The knitting community has always come together to support a great cause, and Knit Red once again attests to knitters' generous, giving spirit. These 30 beautiful red-themed projects help raise awareness of the number-one killer of women today: heart disease. The patterns are all donated by top designers, including Debbie Stoller, Ni ...more
Published June 12th 2012 by Sixth&Spring Books (first published June 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Knit Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Red

Margaret
Dec 01, 2012 Margaret rated it it was amazing
Love this book....and red isn't even my favorite color! The patterns are beautiful, and a great cause too. There are several patterns I can't wait to try!
Jenn
Jul 11, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting, signed
Ok, so a bit of a disclaimer: I work for Jimmy Beans Wool. Laura Zander is our owner and this is our book. It includes patterns designed by our very own 'beans', ('employees' for you non-initiates!) Kristen and Jeanne.

I'm usually not one for pattern books because often there are only 1 or 2 patterns that I like and would actually knit. I usually prefer to buy my patterns individually instead. This book would have been different for me even if I didn't work for JBW -- most of the patterns are st
Lee-Anne
Feb 12, 2014 Lee-Anne rated it it was amazing
Such an awesome pattern book! Terrific designers and very enticing things to knit included in this beautifully presented book. I will definitely be making a number of them. The information about heart health is well laid out and useful, but to be honest, I'm more interested in the patterns. The designer autobiographies are well written... not always the case! The patterns vary in level of difficulty and there are enough easy (but not rank beginner) patterns to keep most knitters excited.

I was se
Jill
Jun 15, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing
Preface: I work for this company (Jimmy Bean's Wool), so I may be a little bit biased.

HOWEVER. This book is great because of the cause (women's heart disease), but also because the variety of patterns is fabulous. Everything is clear and concise and beautifully illustrated. If you knit, you'll want this book.
Slmstanley
Jan 24, 2013 Slmstanley rated it liked it
Some good-looking patterns (though the proof is in the pudding, and I haven't yet knit any of them), but there was entirely too many pages devoted to 'eat a healthy diet and exercise'. I picked this book up for knitting patterns, not lifestyle advice. :/
Dana Wright
This book caught my eye immediately! The photos are lovely, the patterns clear and what a selection of projects! They are by some of the world's best designers. Grab a copy today and see for yourself. You will find it a must have for your collection.
Rachel
Feb 10, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction-soup
Not a whole lot of variety in style and definitely not a beginner's book but has some nice patterns.
Leslie Jem
Apr 22, 2013 Leslie Jem rated it really liked it
Shelves: needlecrafts
Checked this out from the library in order to preview it before purchasing it. I really liked it and look forward to adding it to my personal library!
Sarah Wong
Sarah Wong rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Sandra Cobaugh
Sandra Cobaugh rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Kimberly Watson
Kimberly Watson rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2015
Fern B
Fern B rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Pinky
Pinky rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Vivia
Vivia rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Cynthia Wood
Cynthia Wood rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Melinda Gibson
Melinda Gibson rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Katrin Silberkopf
Katrin Silberkopf rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Jessika
Jessika rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Sara Fargo
Sara Fargo rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Laurie Langley
Laurie Langley rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Simonew
Apr 20, 2016 Simonew rated it it was amazing
love this book - great patterns
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • 60 Quick Baby Knits: Blankets, Booties, Sweaters & More in Cascade 220™ Superwash
  • Knitted Socks East and West: 30 Designs Inspired by Japanese Stitch Patterns