Red & Yellow's Noisy Night

Red & Yellow's Noisy Night

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  28 reviews
“I believe that The Olive Branch can help make a real difference in our world.”--Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Red and Yellow live together in the branches of an olive tree--but these two friends are as different as can be, and sometimes have trouble co-existing peacefully. Red wants to play loudly on his strummy, while Yellow longs for sleep. This adorable bedtime story about to...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Sterling Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Red & Yellow's Noisy Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red & Yellow's Noisy Night

Meghan Mcmanis
This was one of my favorites out of all the books that I chose. I love how Red and Yellow live in their olive tree and yellow is trying to go to bed and red keeps on playing music on his guitar. Yellow gets upset and tells him to please be quiet so that he can go to bed, but red ignores him and keeps on playing. Then red strums a little softer and keeps playing his music and puts yellow to sleep with it. This book is so cute! It says so much about friendship, marriage, and loved ones. You have t...more
Jessica Hottman
Summary:
Two animals named Red and Yellow live in an Olive Tree. These animals get into some disagreements because Red is always playing his “strummy” (guitar) too loud when Yellow is trying to get some sleep. Yellow accuses Red of being too loud and Red accuses Yellow of sleeping too much. Then, Red realizes how quite the night is and begins to play his strummy softer. Yellow likes it because the soft tunes put him right to sleep. All is well again in the Olive Tree.

Audience:
This book is intende...more
Linda
Red and Yellow are two animal-like characters living in an Olive tree together. One night while Yellow is trying to sleep, Red decides to play his "strummy" rather loudly, I must say! The two get into a tiff about sleeping versus playing the "strummy". Red suddenly stops and listens to the night. The quiet of the night...that is what he hears...quiet under the stars. And he picks up his "strummy," playing quietly as the night, lulling Yellow to sleep. The two are back living in peace in the Oliv...more
Kristie
•Brief summary
Red and Yellow are having a hard time. Yellow is ready to go to sleep and red wants to stay up and play his strummy. Yellow is upset because Red's strummy is keeping him awake. In the end they come up with a compramise. Red will play quiet music that will help Yellow to fall asleep.

•Audience
I would read this book to preschool or kindergarden.

•Appeal
This story helps children learn about conflict resolution and respecting others. This story helps the child to see both sides of the...more
Ashley Vance
The main characters, Red and Yellow, are friends that live in an olive tree together and learn to how to cooperate as roommates. It always happened that one of them would be trying to sleep and the other would be playing the bongos. Toward the end, they learn to get along and take each other's feelings into consideration, as they play their instruments together.

I would recommend this book for third graders because I think they would like the personalities of Red and Yellow and they could relate...more
Molly G
A DELIGHTFUL sweetly charming cuddly book, nicely befitting a moment of transition for me: it's my last day at my beloved bookstore job (moving on to another exciting job! but still sad to leave). There are some plushy versions of picture book characters for sale in the kids' section, on of whom is Red. Today my manager showed me a Red whose tail had somehow been torn in half, stuffing spilling out. (My theory is: overtwisting.) I taped it back together and stuck a bandaid on it, and the manager...more
Barbara
Conflict resolution is the name of the game, and this picture book shows how it is done so that both sides have to give a little to get a little. Red and Yellow (two unspecified animal species) live together in an olive tree, and most of the time everything goes smoothly. But on one particular night, as Yellow settles into bed, Red begins playing an instrument that makes loud sounds and keeps Yellow from sleeping. Since both can't have things their way, the two friends make a compromise so that...more
Violet
The illustrations won me over. The story is a very simple, but worthwhile lesson in compromise appropriate for very young children. "This charming story is based on 'The Olive Branch,' an animated television series which airs on over 100 channels around the world. The series promotes an understanding of conflict resolution and mutual respect." - from the book jacket. Would make a lovely gift for young children.
Caitlin Sabers
Red and Yellow sleep in the same tree together and never agree on when to go to sleep. This reminds me of a couple in bed when one partner wants to sleep and the other wants the light on so that they can read. They both become frustrated and their friendship is momentarily tested. This book is great for discussing conflict resolution and what to do if your friend wants to not play with you, etc.
Margaret
What a cute book! This one is fun with all sorts of hidden discussion such as the colors red and yellow to the sizes of big and small. Finding compromise is what is needed for these two friends and this book shows a great way to come about it. I like this one for our shelves and the thoughts that it might prompt. Definitely recommended.

*Thanks to Sterling for providing a copy for review.*
Diane
Cute, with a small lesson added in (which you are not hit over the head with)
babyhippoface
The story here is not much, but would work for bedtimes. It's the illustrations that stand out. These two little critters (I will admit I don't know what they are) are doggone adorable.
Wooden Horse
Cute story about the conflict resolution between Red fox and Yellow Bear. I am not familiar with the TV series "The Olive Branch" however this story is based on that show.
Holly Webster
I talk with my daughter a lot about problem-solving and resolving conflict. I'm also a sucker for well illustrated books. This is a great example of of both!
Lizzie
Simply told morality tale good for those 4 and 5 year old crowd. Fun facial expressions. Good real aloud for a kids who are having trouble getting a long.
Angie
This one is a little preachy. That said? It's one of the more enjoyable preachy titles I've seen. One to use when discussing compromise. And bedtime.
Paula
Red and yellow together solve problems to make both of them happy. The idea of the olive branch, in this case a tree, is nicely included.
Jodie
Teachers can make use of this book while talking about conflict resolution between friends. Pictures tie-in well with the text.
Patti
Got this from the library. Short and sweet, but we keep coming back to it. Very cute illustrations. :)
Rachel
What a wonderful way to resolve the problem; I like how music was part of the issue, but also the resolution.
Moral prose - a little heavy handed
Illustrations simple and re-used spread to spread
Lindsay
Great illustrations and a very simple, child-friendly depiction of conflict resolution.
Fran
watch the animated version here...

Mark
Cute. A book about consideration for others.
Don Gubler
Succinct and clever cooperative resolution.
Susan Hubbard
A darling story about compromise.
PWRL
Sep 25, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
O
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Go, Wonder Pets! Good Night, Wonder Pets! The Wonder Pets Love You! Join the Circus (Wonder Pets!) The Wonder Pets Save the Dinosaur!