Start by marking “The Writer's Devotional: 365 Inspirational Exercises, Ideas, Tips & Motivations on Writing” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Whether you're writing fiction or nonfiction, screenplays or poetry, or simply trying to keep a more compelling journal or blog, this invaluable volume will get your creative juices flowing. Beautifully designed with a cloth-bound cover and ribbon place marker, it's filled with 365 inspiring quotations and informative tutorials to help you develop your unique voice. Each d ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about The Writer's Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writer's Devotional

Eduardo
Oct 03, 2014 Eduardo rated it it was ok
I think that all what one can say of this book after reading it is just that: it is ok. I am not familiar with Amy Peters but if I judge by this project, her fiction should not be very enticing, if there is any. So she takes a full year and to each day of the 52 weeks she assigns an 'aspect', as she calls them, related to literature and literary writing. I liked the Mondays ("Writers on Writing"), the Tuesdays ("Motivation [to write]"), the Thursdays ("Editing") and the Saturdays ("Books to read ...more
Mitch Lavender
Mar 18, 2014 Mitch Lavender rated it it was amazing
I've only had this book for a couple of weeks, but I dig the short, daily prompts, author bios, motovational bits and so on. It is also quite a nice looking book, and makes a great addition to any writer's desk.

Becky
Dec 23, 2012 Becky added it
So excited to use this as a way to keep myself motivated and writing more!
Jason Strayer
Jan 07, 2016 Jason Strayer rated it it was amazing
Could anyone ever actually "finish" this book? With fifty two book recommendations, fifty two writing prompts, and fifty two writing "classes," there's a lot more packed into this daily guide than you might expect. The format is a bit more than a Word-of-the-Day for writers and a bit less than a full blown writer's handbook; following all of its potential tangents, books and writers to investigate, and story ideas might take a writer several years, let alone the supposed one set aside for this d ...more
Juan Maestas
Jun 15, 2014 Juan Maestas rated it it was amazing
I admit- I cheated on the intent of this book. I read it cover to cover over the course of a few days...but it was a guilty pleasure! I will certainly go back and attack each daily devotional one day at a time. I love the feel of the cover, the heavy weight of the paper, and the bound ribbon book mark is a splendid touch. It's divided equally into seven categories depending on the day of the week, of which "Motivation" was my favorite. This is one book which I will keep permanently on my desk.
Apr 02, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's like Our Daily Bread and it's very manageable--something I can easily work into my day without feeling too dumb for it, since it is only a couple of paragraphs.
Emma
Mar 21, 2015 Emma rated it it was amazing
Because of this book 99.9% of the time I'm found with something to write on and/or to write with. It annoys my parents, but it comes in handy sometimes.
Mohamed Abshir
Sep 22, 2014 Mohamed Abshir rated it it was amazing
Great book for writers. I think it is one of those must have books.
Heather
Jun 24, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
A good book with lots of information and some good prompts, but not what I was hoping for. Each day is something new but in a pattern. Many of the quotes I had heard before, but some of the prompts almost seemed useless in my mind. I get they are to spark creativity, but there is a limit. Like asking someone to write a sonnet. Even with directions many aren't able to. And some of us can't rhyme for anything. Again, a good book, but not something overly helpful for me.
Michelle Lynne
Jan 11, 2014 Michelle Lynne rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is a great way to keep your writing muscle moving - full of writing prompts and things to keep you motivated to write! The only criticism I have is that it's meant to do one per day for a year, but I find that to be unrealistic, as very little people actually have the time.
Tamara Leigh
May 02, 2012 Tamara Leigh rated it really liked it
A wonderful daily look into the writing life. Though it's set up to be read one day at a time, I often found myself reading a week or two worth of tips and motivations.
Jam Mayer
Mar 21, 2014 Jam Mayer rated it it was amazing
Love it! Bummer I borrowed it at the library and am desperately looking to buy a copy for myself. Any writer should have a copy in their bookshelf.
Stephanie Dayonot
Stephanie Dayonot marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jade
Jade is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2016
D
D marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Jacklyn
Jacklyn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Nancy Piper
Nancy Piper rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Ozum Akanser
Ozum Akanser marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Jessica Thurlow
Jessica Thurlow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Scott Andrew
Scott Andrew marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Karen Wilson
Karen Wilson marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Candice
Candice is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2016
John Hurst
John Hurst is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2016
Violet H
Violet H marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Delali
Delali marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Stephanie Chin
Stephanie Chin marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Christine Ross
Christine Ross marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Maru
Maru marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Teagan Stewart
Teagan Stewart marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Sasha Avila
Sasha Avila marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Little Red Writing Book: 20 Powerful Principles of Structure, Style, and Readability
  • A Writer's Time: Making the Time to Write
  • The Writer's Workout: 366 Tips, Tasks, & Techniques from Your Writing Career Coach
  • The Constant Art of Being a Writer: The Life, Art & Business of Fiction
  • Description & Setting
  • The Writer's Little Helper
  • How to Find Out Anything: From Extreme Google Searches to Scouring Government Documents, a Guide to Uncove ring Anything About Everyone and Everything
  • Writer with a Day Job: Inspiration & Exercises to Help You Craft a Writing Life Alongside Your Career
  • 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts: Ideas for Blogs, Scripts, Stories and More
  • A Year of Writing Dangerously: 365 Days of Inspiration and Encouragement
  • Creative Is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
  • The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children
  • The Thinker's Thesaurus: Sophisticated Alternatives to Common Words
  • Help! For Writers: 210 Solutions to the Problems Every Writer Faces
  • The First 50 Pages: Engage Agents, Editors and Readers, and Set Up Your Novel for Success
  • First Draft in 30 Days: A Novel Writer's System for Building a Complete and Cohesive Manuscript
  • Note to Self: On Keeping a Journal and Other Dangerous Pursuits