Start by marking “The Writer's Devotional: 365 Inspirational Exercises, Ideas, Tips & Motivations on Writing” as Want to Read:

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Whether you're writing fiction or nonfiction, screenplays or poetry, or simply trying to keep a more compelling journal or blog, this invaluable volume will get your creative juices flowing. Beautifully designed with a cloth-bound cover and ribbon place marker, it's filled with 365 inspiring quotations and informative tutorials to help you develop your unique voice. Each d ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about The Writer's Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writer's Devotional

Eduardo
I think that all what one can say of this book after reading it is just that: it is ok. I am not familiar with Amy Peters but if I judge by this project, her fiction should not be very enticing, if there is any. So she takes a full year and to each day of the 52 weeks she assigns an 'aspect', as she calls them, related to literature and literary writing. I liked the Mondays ("Writers on Writing"), the Tuesdays ("Motivation [to write]"), the Thursdays ("Editing") and the Saturdays ("Books to read ...more
Mitch Lavender
I've only had this book for a couple of weeks, but I dig the short, daily prompts, author bios, motovational bits and so on. It is also quite a nice looking book, and makes a great addition to any writer's desk.

Becky
Dec 23, 2012 Becky added it
So excited to use this as a way to keep myself motivated and writing more!
Juan Maestas
I admit- I cheated on the intent of this book. I read it cover to cover over the course of a few days...but it was a guilty pleasure! I will certainly go back and attack each daily devotional one day at a time. I love the feel of the cover, the heavy weight of the paper, and the bound ribbon book mark is a splendid touch. It's divided equally into seven categories depending on the day of the week, of which "Motivation" was my favorite. This is one book which I will keep permanently on my desk.
I love this book. It's like Our Daily Bread and it's very manageable--something I can easily work into my day without feeling too dumb for it, since it is only a couple of paragraphs.
Emma
Because of this book 99.9% of the time I'm found with something to write on and/or to write with. It annoys my parents, but it comes in handy sometimes.
Mohamed Abshir
Great book for writers. I think it is one of those must have books.
Heather
A good book with lots of information and some good prompts, but not what I was hoping for. Each day is something new but in a pattern. Many of the quotes I had heard before, but some of the prompts almost seemed useless in my mind. I get they are to spark creativity, but there is a limit. Like asking someone to write a sonnet. Even with directions many aren't able to. And some of us can't rhyme for anything. Again, a good book, but not something overly helpful for me.
Michelle Lynne
This book is a great way to keep your writing muscle moving - full of writing prompts and things to keep you motivated to write! The only criticism I have is that it's meant to do one per day for a year, but I find that to be unrealistic, as very little people actually have the time.
Tamara Leigh
A wonderful daily look into the writing life. Though it's set up to be read one day at a time, I often found myself reading a week or two worth of tips and motivations.
Jam Mayer
Love it! Bummer I borrowed it at the library and am desperately looking to buy a copy for myself. Any writer should have a copy in their bookshelf.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Amelia Lane
Amelia Lane marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tiara Pantorilla
Tiara Pantorilla marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Natasha Burakiewicz
Natasha Burakiewicz is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Veru
Veru marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Amelie
Amelie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Joris
Joris is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2015
Brittney Blevins
Brittney Blevins marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Jessica Tankersley
Jessica Tankersley marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Jason Strayer
Jason Strayer is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2015
Sofia (Dauntless)
Sofia (Dauntless) marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Penny
Penny is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Cc
Cc marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
shawnee
shawnee marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Renee Trotier
Renee Trotier marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Everything Fairy Tales Book: A Magical Collection of All-Time Favorites to Delight the Whole Family The Everything Fairy Tales Book: A Magical Collection of All-Time Favorites to Delight the Whole Family (Everything Series) The Writer's Devotional: 365 Inspirational Exercises, Ideas, Tips & Motivations on Writing The Writer's Daily Companion: 365 Inspirations and Writing Tips Everything Fairy Tales Book