Start by marking “The Healthy Gluten-Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Egg-Free Recipes!” as Want to Read:

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Warning, this is NOT ANOTHER GLUTEN FREE BAKING BOOK! It's a unique, gluten-free cookbook with everyday recipes that mix simple, home-style cooking with great taste and real, whole food ingredients. Every recipe is not only gluten-free, but also egg free, dairy free, soy free, white rice flour free, and bean flour free. Feel free to cheer!

In The Healthy Gluten Free Life, T
Published February 21st 2012 by Victory Belt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Healthy Gluten-Free Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healthy Gluten-Free Life

Sandy Evans
Tammy's first book was a HIT at our house as I needed to remove gluten dairy and soy from my diet. This book is full of easy to use and YUMMY recipes. Tammy also disperses her own humor throughout her recipes.

The recipes are very organized. Ingredients are separated by "wet", "dry" and "add-ins" making putting it all together very easy. Even for my husband, who doesn't have to eliminate any of these items, this and Tammy's other books are his go to recipes for meals. I haven't found a better set
A
She stresses organic- awesome.
She stresses that these are indulgences and shouldn't be eaten in large quantities. true!
Explains how over the counter gluten free foods are more processed and worse for you than gluten containing products--yep!
She notices the omega ratio-people often over look this, so good job Tammy!
Explains in detail the differences between flours and starches she uses and the sweeteners/sugars. She explains when and why she uses those in certain recipes. She also explains the f
Kim
Decent informational read. I'm not interested in using xanthan gum because it's derived from corn. The overwhelming majority of the recipes call for its use and were too complicated for my liking in the number of ingredients used. Found a few that sound good, including ones for my meat eaters, but no baked goods due to the reason already stated.
Melanie
This cookbook is like any other. I just started a gluten-free and dairy free diet and I found this cookbook EXTREMELY informative. I will cook everything out of here. I tried my first recipe tonight and it was amazing! Thank you for this awesome resource!!
Kerry
Gluten Free cookbooks - I have them all and believe this to be one of the best. If you want to get away from the typical rice flour and starches, and explore some new grains, this is the book for you.
Leslie Monroe
Loved the pictures and can't wait to bake everything in the book. All of it looked so good and easy to make!
Kimberly
I am buying this book! The title does not do the book justice - "healthy" and "gluten-free" make me cringe. I am not gluten-free, but I am dairy-free. I scour gluten-free cookbooks (and paleo diet and vegan cookbooks), because they tend to have more dairy-free recipes; however, I despise the idea of mixing a huge variety of flour or other ingredients to get that taste "just right." It is too expensive and complicated for me, so I find myself finding only a few recipes in most cookbooks. Not only ...more
Beatrice
This is a cookbook for people with multiple allergies (like me). For me, going gluten free isn't enough, as I also have to avoid dairy and eggs, which tends to make things rather complicated. But this has a wide range of recipes that are not only gluten free, but also dairy free, soy free and egg free. And they look great! I can't wait to try some of the chicken recipes in particular. Unfortunately for me, her bread/pastry recipes rely on using teff and sorghum flours, neither of which I can tol ...more
Caitlin
Love this! Most cookbooks contain timely recipes that dont even have pictures. I dont know about you, but i need to see a picture before i make something. I love this cookbook because it has pictures for each recipe, each recipe looks easy and not time consuming, and literally every single recipe looks delicious and i want to make them all. Most cookbooks i look at either call for weird ingredients or is a fancy dish. I love this book because every recipe are already family favorites just with a ...more
Tara
Easy recipes, simple ingredients, especially for the entrees and sides. I am not a baker, and would be disinclined to bake using these recipes (which can call for several different types of flours, starches, etc.). But for dinners, soups, salads, and sides, I look forward to making many of these dishes, which seem healthy, affordable, and accessible, especially to a newer GF convert!
Clydie
May 15, 2014 Clydie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to cook g/f
Recommended to Clydie by: son-in-law
What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to accumulate the different flours needed so I can start cooking my way through this exciting cookbook!! Meanwhile, I will attempt to cook the main dishes!
Colette Martin
I was a bit disappointed by this book. I didn't find it to be as 'healthy' as one might expect with that descriptor in the title.
Susan
Excellent collection of GF recipes. Tried the Corn Dog Cupcakes first and was truly amazed. There is some pantry-stocking to do at first, but once done, the recipes are simple and easy. My only complaint would be that the main courses rely too heavily on chicken. Would like to have seen more calling for grass-fed beef, or sustainable seafood, though there are a couple of those. All in all, wonderful!
Karen
Already make two dishes!! Fantastic
AnandaTashie
Some of the chicken & dessert recipes look especially yum.
Nicole
Best cook book I've bought by far! I'm lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive I find there isn't many cook books that cater well to food allergies. This one is amazing I have tried numerous recipes and have loved each.
Monique
It gave me hope that I would never be able to eat in a normal manner again. It made an overwhelming task seem manageable by breaking it down into meals. Just follow the recipe and you are eating a safe meal.
Cheryl
Good gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free cookbook. A little too heavy on the meat dishes and not enough variety but with very tasty recipes.
Laurie
Feb 29, 2012 Laurie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those with celiac disease
One of the BEST I've bought in a long time. Simple, easy and likeable recipes! Will be a great resource.
Diane Stein
This is an easy to use cookbook with great meals that live up to your expectations!
Niki Stacey
I have made almost everything in this book and have not been disappointed.
Samantha
Love it! Lots of information and incredibly simple.
Stephanie Barth
I love this cookbook! The breads turn out great.
Sarah Lewis
Sarah Lewis marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Eerika
Eerika added it
Apr 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-Free
  • The Gluten Connection: How Gluten Sensitivity May Be Sabotaging Your  Health--And What You Can Do to Take Control Now
  • Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
  • Gluten-Free on a Shoestring: 125 Easy Recipes for Eating Well on the Cheap
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
  • The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread: More Than 200 Wheat-Free Recipes
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating
  • JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks
  • Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
  • Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats: Cut Out the Gluten and Enjoy an Even Healthier Vegan Diet with Recipes for Fabulous, Allergy-Free Fare
  • Supermarket Vegan: 225 Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes for Real Peoplein the Real World
  • Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook
  • Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy Delicious Meals
  • Digestive Health with Real Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Low-Irritant, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues
Make-Ahead Paleo: Healthy Gluten-, Grain- & Dairy-Free Recipes Ready When & Where You Are Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings Real.Simple.Paleo: The Essential Guide for Simple Paleo Living in Your Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Kitchen