The Healthy Gluten-Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Egg-Free Recipes!

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Warning, this is NOT ANOTHER GLUTEN FREE BAKING BOOK! It's a unique, gluten-free cookbook with everyday recipes that mix simple, home-style cooking with great taste and real, whole food ingredients. Every recipe is not only gluten-free, but also egg free, dairy free, soy free, white rice flour free, and bean flour free. Feel free to cheer!

In The Healthy Gluten Free Life, T...more
Published February 21st 2012 by Victory Belt Publishing

Sandy Evans
Tammy's first book was a HIT at our house as I needed to remove gluten dairy and soy from my diet. This book is full of easy to use and YUMMY recipes. Tammy also disperses her own humor throughout her recipes.

The recipes are very organized. Ingredients are separated by "wet", "dry" and "add-ins" making putting it all together very easy. Even for my husband, who doesn't have to eliminate any of these items, this and Tammy's other books are his go to recipes for meals. I haven't found a better set...more
Kim
Decent informational read. I'm not interested in using xanthan gum because it's derived from corn. The overwhelming majority of the recipes call for its use and were too complicated for my liking in the number of ingredients used. Found a few that sound good, including ones for my meat eaters, but no baked goods due to the reason already stated.
Melanie_bradleyhotmail.com
This cookbook is like any other. I just started a gluten-free and dairy free diet and I found this cookbook EXTREMELY informative. I will cook everything out of here. I tried my first recipe tonight and it was amazing! Thank you for this awesome resource!!
Kerry
Gluten Free cookbooks - I have them all and believe this to be one of the best. If you want to get away from the typical rice flour and starches, and explore some new grains, this is the book for you.
Leslie Monroe
Loved the pictures and can't wait to bake everything in the book. All of it looked so good and easy to make!
Kimberly
I am buying this book! The title does not do the book justice - "healthy" and "gluten-free" make me cringe. I am not gluten-free, but I am dairy-free. I scour gluten-free cookbooks (and paleo diet and vegan cookbooks), because they tend to have more dairy-free recipes; however, I despise the idea of mixing a huge variety of flour or other ingredients to get that taste "just right." It is too expensive and complicated for me, so I find myself finding only a few recipes in most cookbooks. Not only...more
Susan
Excellent collection of GF recipes. Tried the Corn Dog Cupcakes first and was truly amazed. There is some pantry-stocking to do at first, but once done, the recipes are simple and easy. My only complaint would be that the main courses rely too heavily on chicken. Would like to have seen more calling for grass-fed beef, or sustainable seafood, though there are a couple of those. All in all, wonderful!
Karen
Already make two dishes!! Fantastic
AnandaTashie
Some of the chicken & dessert recipes look especially yum.
Nicole
Best cook book I've bought by far! I'm lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive I find there isn't many cook books that cater well to food allergies. This one is amazing I have tried numerous recipes and have loved each.
Monique
It gave me hope that I would never be able to eat in a normal manner again. It made an overwhelming task seem manageable by breaking it down into meals. Just follow the recipe and you are eating a safe meal.
Cheryl
Good gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free cookbook. A little too heavy on the meat dishes and not enough variety but with very tasty recipes.
Laurie
Feb 29, 2012 Laurie rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: those with celiac disease
One of the BEST I've bought in a long time. Simple, easy and likeable recipes! Will be a great resource.
Diane Stein
This is an easy to use cookbook with great meals that live up to your expectations!
Niki Stacey
I have made almost everything in this book and have not been disappointed.
Samantha
Love it! Lots of information and incredibly simple.
Stephanie Barth
I love this cookbook! The breads turn out great.
Reed Vance
Reed Vance marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Nicholas Gabrielsen
Nicholas Gabrielsen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Cyndy
Cyndy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Kendra
Kendra is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings Make-Ahead Paleo: Healthy Gluten-, Grain- & Dairy-Free Recipes Ready When & Where You Are