Astérix légionnaire

Astérix légionnaire (Asterix #10)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  4,131 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Nous sommes en 1959, en plein mois d'août. Dans une cité HLM de Bobigny, aux portes de Paris, deux auteurs de bande dessinée s'épongent le front. Pas seulement à cause de la chaleur estivale: les deux compères suent sang et eau pour trouver une idée de personnage. Il leur faut être prêts pour le premier numéro de Pilote, un nouveau magazine pour les jeunes dont la parution...more
Board book, 48 pages
Published May 1st 1990 by Dargaud (first published November 10th 1966)

David Sarkies
Asterix and Obelix in the Army
18 August 2013

Poor Obelix, he meets a girl with whom he falls in love only to discover that she has been engaged to somebody else and he has been drafted into the Roman Army to go and fight Ceaser's civil war against Pompey. Well, any love sick individual would probably sit back, wait until he is killed, and then make his move, but not Asterix and Obelix – they are too noble and honourable to do that, so they do what any good and noble person would do in such a sit...more
Karschtl
Mein Freund hat sich dieses Buch aus der Bibliothek ausgeborgt, zu Recherchezwecken für einen Literaturcache zu H.C. Artmann, dem Übersetzer dieser wienerischen Fassung.

Ich, die ich zwar alle Asterix-Filme kenne aber bisher so gut wie keinen Comic gelesen hab, wollte ihn dann auch mal lesen. Weil sich sowas gesprochen aber besser anhört als nur still gelesen, hat mein Freund (mit dem Wiener Dialekt besser vertraut als ich) es mir vorgelesen. Und später hab ich dann einiges vorgelesen und mich wo...more
Travis
For the girl he secretly has a crush on, Obelix volunteers himself and Asterix to find her missing fiance. The problem is, he was 'drafted' by the roman army and is now stationed in Egypt.
They decide the easiest way to find him is sign up for the army themselves and get assigned where their quarry is.
They of course prove more than the Roman army can handle and cause chaos and confusion every step of the way.
My very first Asterix book is one of my favorites. A slapstick comedy look at ancient his...more
Karhum Ghassan
My favorite of the Asterix books. I particularly like the clueless Egyptian who speaks in hieroglyphs, and the repeated recitation of the unit designation. Possibly my favorite Asterix in which he and the lovely Obelix enlist in the Roman army, along with various other misfits, Goths, etc. Can't think of anything else in fact this one is cool because Asterix and Obelix actually enlist with the roman army
Paul
J'ai un énorme parti de mon coeur réservé aux histoires d'Astérix et Obélix.
Cela étant dit, ceci est probablement une de mes histoires préférée de ces deux Gaulois.
J'ai ri aux larmes sur certaine des planches... pas bon pour la préservation, mais très bon pour le moral... poils à l'occipital?
Phelphel
saya membaca komik ini dalam versi bahasa indonesia yang diterjemahkan oleh Rahartati Bambang Haryo dengan sangat brilian.

satiap ekspresi yang digambarkan oelh uderzo tercerap dengan baik di ingatan saya.

asurancetourix yang marah ketika rumahnya ditendang obelix yang sedang jatuh cinta.

pancaran semangat obelix ketika mengusung batu menhir berpita untuk falbala.

legiuner yang patah hati ketika harus "ngemong" obelix dan asterix yang jadi prajurit galia dan kawan-kawannya yang bar bar. ia harus men...more
Vanja Antonijevic
Very good book, at # 10.

Wiki summary and other points:

"The book begins with a now familiar scene of the indomitable Gauls' village. Asterix and Obelix have just returned from a fruitful hunt, when at the entrance to the village they pass a beautiful blond young lady by the name of Panacea who has returned to the village after studying in Condatum. Obelix immediately falls in love. After a few scenes of Obelix embarrassing himself, Panacea receives word that her fiancé Tragicomix has been conscr...more
Meghna
Feb 16, 2013 Meghna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Asterix lovers and anyone who loves a comic read
Recommended to Meghna by: parents
Shelves: asterix, favorites
This was the second Asterix book that I had read, it exceeded "Asterix the Gaul" by large. This is by far my favorite Asterix Comic! I loved everything about the book, the comedy, the jokes repeated in several languages, the trouble caused by Asterix and Obelix to their Roman superiors, i.e centurions; all in all the book was hilarious and is truly a great read...! My favorite part of the book was_ (view spoiler)...more
Murshidul
It's funny as hell. Asterix and Obelix goes off on a journey to join Caesar's army to find the lover of Panacea. They meets a weird group of people, who are confused and they further gets on the nerves of the Romans. Very funny indeed!!!
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Stefanus Andre
I actually felt sorry for the Roman centurions training these Gauls! :( Regardless, it is still a very funny book.
Saint No Stopping Us

Seven out of ten. CBR format.

Tragicomix has been conscripted by the Romans. Asterix and Obelix enlist as legionairres to save him.

Amalie
Recruiting new members for Caesar's army!

The most memorable character of the book is Ptenisnet the Egyptian volunteer who believes that he is actually on a package holiday!!! :D Ptenisnet forever complains about the accommodation and asking to see the menu. Ptenisnet mistakes Julius Caesar for a holiday-camp redcoat. Read this for Ptenisnet.

Gastronomix the Belgian volunteer shares a barber with Tintin.

Due to the good-natured interplay of the medley band of recruits whose multiple language barri...more
Steef
One of the Asterix albums with the best humour. Also one of my favourites from when I was a kid.
Lakatos István
Nagyjából ugyanaz, mint a gladiátoros, csak légiósokkal.
Paul Kleynhans
Asterix is still awesome.
Yemima Yulia
Always an enjoyable read. :)
nila
Petualangan Asterix & Obelix masuk menjadi anggota legiun kekaisaran Romawi, dalam rangka mencari tunangan Panacea, gadis yang di taksir oleh Obelix. Tragicomix tunangan Panacea dipaksa menjadi tentara Romawi, sedangkan Asterix & Obelix memaksakan diri massuk menjadi anggota legiun Romawi, maka yang terjadi adalah para perwira legiun menyerah mengjadapi 2 orang laskar yang punya kekuatan luar biasa dan suka seenaknya..
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Storia semplice, gli spunti di comicità più brillanti nascono dal carattere “multiculturale” del gruppetto di soldati in cui Asterix e Obelix vengono inquadrati e dalla loro interazione con la disciplina dell’esercito romano. Memorabili: l’egiziano che si arruola credendo di entrare in un villaggio vacanze e resta di questa idea fino alla fine e i siparietti fra l’interprete e i legionari che non parlano latino.
CVV
L'interprète :

- L'Egyptien voudrait voir le patron à présent.

Le légionnaire grec :

- Dans ces conditions, à moins de 12 as je refuse de rester !

Le légionnaire belge :

- Ca c'est de la nouritture pour Goths !

Le légionnaire goth :

- Chez nous, on en a écartelé pour moins que ça !
Mathieu
Un épisode que je ne comprenais pas bien quand j'étais petit... Asterix et Obelix en Romain ? Puis cette bataille opposant des légionnaires à d'autres légionnaires. Retrospectivement, on apprécie plus le côté potache des excursions en caserne et les tenants et aboutissants de l'histoire. Puis il y a Falbala...
Blysse
I like to revisit these books periodically as there is always something new to discover. The translations are very well done, the humour is dry and historically accurate with some modern references, and I love trying to work out where Goscinny and Uderzo have inserted themselves into the book.
Yves
Ce que j'ai aimé de cette BD, c'est l'entraînement des légionnaires. Astérix et Obélix foutent tout un bordel à en faire pleurer leur centurion. Plus je lis les Astérix, plus j'adore la présence des pirates et de la destruction de leur bateau. Un bon album d'Astérix.
Polly
Possibly the funniest of all the Asterix books--the cross-cultural stuff is very, very amusing, and the names alone are enough to make me applaud. Not only are these great books in their original French, but they are possibly the most brilliant translations ever done!
Mikko Saari
Beautiful new edition of an old Asterix album. The colours and the text is much cleaner, sharper and brighter than in previous Finnish editions. The story is fun, too: Asterix and Obelix join the Roman army in order to save a fellow Gaul.
Bruce
Asterix the Legionary – A&O enlist to rescue Panacea’s impressed beau. Shades of Billy Budd?
Elynn
his series was originally written in French. My brother (who spent some time there) brought back the English translations when I was young and even though I didn't really understand all of the humor, I loved them.
Federiken Masters
Creo que jamás un militar me hizo reír tanto en mi vida como La Primera legión, tercera cohorte, segunda manipula, primera centuria de este libro. Este debe ser uno de los comics que más releí en mi vida.
♥Moon ♥Love ♥Stars ♥Imagination
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Valerie
My favorite of the Asterix books. I particularly like the clueless Egyptian who speaks in heiroglyphs, and the repeated recitation of the unit designation.
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • Explorers on the Moon (Tintin, #17)
  • Jesse James (Lucky Luke Adventure, vol. 4)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)