Start by marking “How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time” as Want to Read:
How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time

How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time

How to Blog a Book teaches you how to create a blog book with a well-honed and uniquely angled subject and targeted postsand how to build the audience necessary to convince agents and publishers to make your blog into a book.

Inside you'll find:

Basic information on how to set up your blog and the essential plug-ins and other options necessary to get the most out of each pos
Published May 21st 2012 by Writer's Digest Books (first published April 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about How to Blog a Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Blog a Book

Aditi
Jun 13, 2015 Aditi rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
“I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later; publishers would publish anything that had my name on it.”

----George Bernard Shaw

Nina Amir, a best-selling American author, has penned an inspiring book or rather say author's manual guide for getting published without any problem, How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promot
Masako Prado
Jun 02, 2015 Masako Prado rated it really liked it
Title: How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time
Author: Nina Amir
Publication Date: May 21, 2012
Published by: Writer's Digest Books
Source: Copy Given by Author and Tour Organizer

ARA'S NOTE:
How to Blog a Book got me very curious because of several things: 1st I'm a blogger, 2nd I'm a copywriter/copyeditor, 3rd I'm a frustrated novelist, and 4th I do SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. So just by the title, I knew this was something I needed to read. I'll sh
Masquerade Crew
Sep 05, 2012 Masquerade Crew rated it it was amazing
MARK'S REVIEW

I finished reading this book quite a while ago, so I’ve given myself plenty of time to mull over it. The more I think about what I want to say in this review, the more I like the book. It has so much to offer for every writer out there, especially the non-fiction writer, so much so, in fact, that this review will hardly do it justice.

Because this book was a blog before it was a book, all of the chapters are broken up into easily read sections. This is true for many non-fiction book
Peter Krol
Sep 22, 2012 Peter Krol rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Amir's book was a helpful introduction for aspiring authors. The world of social media (and blogging) seems like a strange world to me, but Amir made it feel more like a friend. I recommend this book as a place to begin.

My main criticism, however, is that the book read much like, well, a blog. In other words, it didn't appear to have been given excessive TLC as far as editing, revising, or rewriting.

I understand that blogging is all about getting your ideas out there, however rough and misshape
W. Whalin
Mar 28, 2015 W. Whalin rated it really liked it
Over 83% of Americans plan to write a book at some point during their lifetime. Unfortunately many people stop writing partially through the process because they lack a plan for completion. Nonfiction book editor Nina Amir gives you a workable plan in HOW TO BLOG A BOOK.

Step-by-step this book will help you to blog your book first, build a relevant audience. Then you take the raw writing from your blog and weave it into a book. If you are stuck and don’t know to put together a book or have a blo
Dara J.
Jul 15, 2012 Dara J. rated it it was amazing
For the past 6 weeks, I've kept my copy of Nina Amir's How To Blog A Book within reach of my desk. As an already self-published author, I am finding this book to be a handy guide as I learn how to translate the content and essence of my book into a blog format. How to Blog a Book is a well-written, entertaining and practical guide for beginning and more experienced advanced bloggers. For those of us who lack business and marketing experience, How to Blog A Book gives readers the 101 of Internet ...more
Kathy
Sep 05, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Are you a closet, wanna-be author looking for direction? Nina Amir has written the definitive, "how to" guide to "write, publish, and promote your work one post at a time," quote from book cover and the books' tag line. I wish I'd found this book a year ago. Amir "walks you through" what would otherwise be a daunting task for most of us. With 33 years in the publishing field, she's a seasoned pro and she authors four blogs.
Marcy Weydemuller
Jun 16, 2012 Marcy Weydemuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
Hot off the Writers Digest presses, this unique approach to blogging details a new way to develop and process material that is productive and sustainable. Although only three weeks old, this book is moving directly to my classic corner shelf because it is a book I will be reading again and again. Basically—whenever I have a new book idea. Most of her examples are from non-fiction, but her principles carry over to fiction as well thus doubling the potential influence for fiction writers.

Not only
Dhivya Balaji
Jun 02, 2015 Dhivya Balaji rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW:
How to blog a book - As catchy as the title and more informative than you can imagine.
Some books need no review, at all. They speak for themselves. The description of the book is enough to make any reader interested in the topics mentioned want to buy it. This is one such book. But as a reviewer, I want to record here how very informative I found this book – both as a blogger and as an aspiring author. Not to bore the readers with long, praising paragraphs, I am going to list out w
Jamison Banks
I'm a bit torn about this book. On the one hand, it served as an effective general treatise on how to blog a nonfiction book. An actual, physical, paper-in-your-hand, honest-to-goodness book. The author goes into adequate detail into the tools and processes needed to do what it says on the tin.

However, realize that Nina Amir comes from the world of established, published authorship. That means she started out with a publisher from the get-go. She did not land a publishing deal from blogging. Sh
Matt
Sep 25, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
I bought a blog printed as a book to teach me how to write my book as a blog

I peruse the Writing section at bookstores with salt in-hand so that I have ready-access to grains with which to take the endless compendiums of writing exercises and approaches. I, till recently, had not found a method which suited me. To confess, Nina Amir's book How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time seemed so much snake oil by its title, nestled there among the get-writing-quick
Jessie Sara
Sep 08, 2012 Jessie Sara rated it it was amazing
This book proposes ways to use blogging as a way build up body of content, to test the market for the content and to establish a market presence for the book.

Some people might be skeptical about blogging their books but this book also explains how to blog a book without blogging everything about the book.

This book helps bloggers, aspiring writers and even published writers to explore an alternative approach presenting (test marketing) content to specific target audience.

This books will help me
Sandy Appleyard
Apr 10, 2013 Sandy Appleyard rated it it was amazing
Don’t let the name of the book limit your imagination as to what’s in between the pages. This is not only a step by step guide to teach you how to blog a book, but it also gives valuable information pertaining to website creation, building your platform through social media, creating a book proposal…the list goes on and on.

I purchased this book last year after having a few coaching sessions with the book’s author Nina Amir; shame on me for allowing the book to collect dust for this long. If I’d
Jessica
Jun 19, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Your best tool to be a successful author or blogger.

I wish I read this book before I become a blogger. It has all the steps that a beginner blogger or an author needed. If you are planning to write or a blog, this book is exceptionally perfect for you. Reading each chapters will help you learn everything and have all the important details you wanted when you finished reading this book. The steps are easy to follow and they are all very helpful.

As a blogger, I am still learning and reading this b
Amelia
Nov 21, 2014 Amelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
This book seems very thorough, and a good practical guide to blogging as a way to draft a book and to setting up a blog in general. For me, it makes the process of writing a book sound relatively straightforward, while the publicity end of it seems more daunting. The author's first choice seems to be getting a contract with a publisher, rather than self-publishing. She presents both options, but those who are thinking in terms of self-publishing (and why wouldn't you, if you have a good ...more
Melissa
Oct 03, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
This was a good book with some great tips for writing a book as a blog. There were are few bits that I had to remind myself that I'm not in the US - such as copyright (in Australia we don't have to register). This is a book I would recommend people read if they want to set out to blog a book, as well as those who want to turn their current blog in to a book, although it is aimed more at people who are starting from scratch.
Jim Kukral
May 09, 2012 Jim Kukral rated it it was amazing
You have a blog, right? Guess what? You have a book, you just don't know it yet. Nina's book will show you step-by-step how to turn your already existing blog into a book that you can use to make money with, and for leads and publicity. This is the ultimate no-brainer. Buy this book now and turn your blog into your own book!
Erin (Bluestocking Bookworm)
I skimmed through most of this one when it became apparent that the author's focus was how to blog nonfiction books. If you are looking for information on how to blog (serialize) your fiction book, look elsewhere.

If you are looking for info on blogging nonfiction books, this is a pretty good little resource.
Deborah Carney
May 05, 2012 Deborah Carney rated it it was amazing
This book very clearly lays out what, how and why you would want to blog a book. From making you accountable to an audience that wants you to keep writing, to establishing good writing habits, to actually writing a business plan about what you want the blog and book to accomplish. Easy to read, easy to understand and easy to implement, must read for bloggers and authors both.
Bryan Post
Aug 11, 2012 Bryan Post rated it it was amazing
I am just finishing up this (about 10 more pages to go), which I bought to help me blog our already 2 published books - just to get ideas, and I love this book. I have already sent one person to buy it. I think it is much more than How to Blog a Book - more like an excellent blogging resource collection along with lots of great info, tips and what not to do in general. Great Job!
Rebecca Fyfe
Oct 04, 2013 Rebecca Fyfe rated it really liked it
How to Blog Your Book would be a great book for beginners. Most of the information in the book was information I already knew, but reading the book helped inspire and motivate me to get working on the blog-to-book project I have been planning, so it was worth reading.
Sonia Marsh
Mar 27, 2014 Sonia Marsh rated it it was amazing
Excellent step by step approach to blog your book. I have taken so many notes that I can share with my audiences when I speak to them about blogging.
Douglas Wilson
Jun 24, 2012 Douglas Wilson rated it really liked it
This book was a wealth of practical information. Good stuff.
Jesse Stoddard
Nov 10, 2016 Jesse Stoddard rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was not only very informative, but also inspiring. It helped clear up many misconceptions I had about the concept of putting my writing on the Internet, and the potential of either self-publishing the content into a finished product or potentially getting a book deal. Usually, when I read a how-to book of this nature, I am left overwhelmed by all the work required to be successful and professional on the topic, but Nina Amir managed to present the challenges in a ...more
Friscomama
Oct 12, 2016 Friscomama rated it liked it
The level of technical details got me blogged down, but I think it will be a better read when I have more familiarity with the basics of blogging. Three stars because it's a how-to of value, but not especially fun.
NebraskaIcebergs
My dad is one of the two men in my life who has positively influenced my writing aspirations. Besides having taken writing courses, created family newsletters, and contributed to specialized publications, my dad started to blog in the fall of 2012. As part of this latest writing venture, he read and shared a book with me called How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir.

This 168-page guide, published by Writer’s Digest Books, focuses on nonfiction. While my dream is to become a novelist, writing articles i
Masako Prado
Jun 02, 2015 Masako Prado rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author: Nina Amir
Publication Date: May 21, 2012
Published by: Writer's Digest Books
Source: Copy Given by Author and Tour Organizer

ARA'S NOTE:
Victor Gentile
Jun 09, 2015 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nina Amir in her new book, “How to Blog a Book Revised and Expanded Edition” published by Writer’s Digest Books gives us how to Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time.

From the back cover: Transform Your Blog into a Book!

The world of blogging changes rapidly, but it remains one of the most efficient ways to share your work with an eager audience. In fact, you can purposefully hone your blog content into a uniquely positioned book–one that agents and publishers will want to acqui
Create With Joy
If you are a writer who aspires to be a published author, do you currently blog? If not, did you know that blogging is not only is an essential skill set to develop in today’s publishing environment, but it can play a key role in your success, whether or not you publish as an independent author or with a traditional publishing house?

If you are a blogger, have you ever considered writing a book? Did you know that your blog could not only provide both an invaluable source of material for your book
Pam
Aug 25, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
courtesy howtoblogabook.com
courtesy howtoblogabook.com

If you're like me, you've read many, many books and have always wondered how books get published. Maybe you've even read books and thought you could write better than the author of the book you were reading. Or, maybe you're like me and like to read and share your love of books through blogging.

Whichever camp you fall into, Nina Amir's How to Blog a Book should be on your TBR pile.

Consider these topics:

Blogging Basics
Finding readers
why yo
Have you blogged a book? 2 4 Aug 07, 2014 10:22AM
  • The Extroverted Writer: An Author's Guide to Marketing and Building a Platform
  • Writing Subtext: What Lies Beneath
  • The Writer's Compass: From Story Map to Finished Draft in 7 Stages
  • Writer with a Day Job: Inspiration & Exercises to Help You Craft a Writing Life Alongside Your Career
  • One Year to a Writing Life: Twelve Lessons to Deepen Every Writer's Art and Craft
  • Word Painting: A Guide to Writing More Descriptively
  • Booklife: Strategies and Survival Tips for the 21st-Century Writer
  • Writer's Digest Handbook of Magazine Article Writing
  • Scene of the Crime: A Writer 's Guide to Crime Scene Investigation
  • Social State: Thoughts, Stats and Stories about the State of Social Media in 2013
  • Writing the Memoir: From Truth to Art, Second Edit
  • Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • The Play of Words
  • The Complete Handbook Of Novel Writing: Everything You Need To Know About Creating & Selling Your Work (Writers Digest)
  • How to Be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play
Nina Amir is an Amazon bestselling author of such books as How to Blog a Book, The Author Training Manual and Creative Visualization for Writers (October 2016). She is known as the Inspiration to Creation Coach because she helps writers, bloggers and other creative people combine their passion and purpose so they move from idea to inspired action and Achieve More Inspired Results. This helps them ...more
More about Nina Amir...

“If you stay on topic, you naturally use keywords in all your blog posts.” 0 likes