Start by marking “How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time” as Want to Read:
How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time

How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  204 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
"How to Blog a Book" teaches you how to create a blog book with a well-honed and uniquely angled subject and targeted postsand how to build the audience necessary to convince agents and publishers to make your blog into a book.

Inside you'll find: Basic information on how to set up your blog and the essential plug-ins and other options necessary to get the most out of each
Published May 21st 2012 by Writer's Digest Books (first published April 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about How to Blog a Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Blog a Book

Aditi
Jun 13, 2015 Aditi rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
“I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later; publishers would publish anything that had my name on it.”

----George Bernard Shaw

Nina Amir, a best-selling American author, has penned an inspiring book or rather say author's manual guide for getting published without any problem, How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promot
Masako Prado
Jun 02, 2015 Masako Prado rated it really liked it
Title: How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time
Author: Nina Amir
Publication Date: May 21, 2012
Published by: Writer's Digest Books
Source: Copy Given by Author and Tour Organizer

ARA'S NOTE:
How to Blog a Book got me very curious because of several things: 1st I'm a blogger, 2nd I'm a copywriter/copyeditor, 3rd I'm a frustrated novelist, and 4th I do SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. So just by the title, I knew this was something I needed to read. I'll sh
W. Whalin
Mar 28, 2015 W. Whalin rated it really liked it
Over 83% of Americans plan to write a book at some point during their lifetime. Unfortunately many people stop writing partially through the process because they lack a plan for completion. Nonfiction book editor Nina Amir gives you a workable plan in HOW TO BLOG A BOOK.

Step-by-step this book will help you to blog your book first, build a relevant audience. Then you take the raw writing from your blog and weave it into a book. If you are stuck and don’t know to put together a book or have a blo
Masquerade Crew
Sep 05, 2012 Masquerade Crew rated it it was amazing
MARK'S REVIEW

I finished reading this book quite a while ago, so I’ve given myself plenty of time to mull over it. The more I think about what I want to say in this review, the more I like the book. It has so much to offer for every writer out there, especially the non-fiction writer, so much so, in fact, that this review will hardly do it justice.

Because this book was a blog before it was a book, all of the chapters are broken up into easily read sections. This is true for many non-fiction book
Peter Krol
Sep 22, 2012 Peter Krol rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Amir's book was a helpful introduction for aspiring authors. The world of social media (and blogging) seems like a strange world to me, but Amir made it feel more like a friend. I recommend this book as a place to begin.

My main criticism, however, is that the book read much like, well, a blog. In other words, it didn't appear to have been given excessive TLC as far as editing, revising, or rewriting.

I understand that blogging is all about getting your ideas out there, however rough and misshape
Dara J.
Jul 15, 2012 Dara J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
For the past 6 weeks, I've kept my copy of Nina Amir's How To Blog A Book within reach of my desk. As an already self-published author, I am finding this book to be a handy guide as I learn how to translate the content and essence of my book into a blog format. How to Blog a Book is a well-written, entertaining and practical guide for beginning and more experienced advanced bloggers. For those of us who lack business and marketing experience, How to Blog A Book gives readers the 101 of Internet ...more
Kathy
Sep 05, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Are you a closet, wanna-be author looking for direction? Nina Amir has written the definitive, "how to" guide to "write, publish, and promote your work one post at a time," quote from book cover and the books' tag line. I wish I'd found this book a year ago. Amir "walks you through" what would otherwise be a daunting task for most of us. With 33 years in the publishing field, she's a seasoned pro and she authors four blogs.
Jessica
Jun 19, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Your best tool to be a successful author or blogger.

I wish I read this book before I become a blogger. It has all the steps that a beginner blogger or an author needed. If you are planning to write or a blog, this book is exceptionally perfect for you. Reading each chapters will help you learn everything and have all the important details you wanted when you finished reading this book. The steps are easy to follow and they are all very helpful.

As a blogger, I am still learning and reading this b
Marcy Weydemuller
Jun 16, 2012 Marcy Weydemuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
Hot off the Writers Digest presses, this unique approach to blogging details a new way to develop and process material that is productive and sustainable. Although only three weeks old, this book is moving directly to my classic corner shelf because it is a book I will be reading again and again. Basically—whenever I have a new book idea. Most of her examples are from non-fiction, but her principles carry over to fiction as well thus doubling the potential influence for fiction writers.

Not only
Jessie Sara
Sep 08, 2012 Jessie Sara rated it it was amazing
This book proposes ways to use blogging as a way build up body of content, to test the market for the content and to establish a market presence for the book.

Some people might be skeptical about blogging their books but this book also explains how to blog a book without blogging everything about the book.

This book helps bloggers, aspiring writers and even published writers to explore an alternative approach presenting (test marketing) content to specific target audience.

This books will help me
Sandy Appleyard
Apr 10, 2013 Sandy Appleyard rated it it was amazing
Don’t let the name of the book limit your imagination as to what’s in between the pages. This is not only a step by step guide to teach you how to blog a book, but it also gives valuable information pertaining to website creation, building your platform through social media, creating a book proposal…the list goes on and on.

I purchased this book last year after having a few coaching sessions with the book’s author Nina Amir; shame on me for allowing the book to collect dust for this long. If I’d
Matt
Sep 25, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
I bought a blog printed as a book to teach me how to write my book as a blog

I peruse the Writing section at bookstores with salt in-hand so that I have ready-access to grains with which to take the endless compendiums of writing exercises and approaches. I, till recently, had not found a method which suited me. To confess, Nina Amir's book How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time seemed so much snake oil by its title, nestled there among the get-writing-quick
Amelia
Nov 21, 2014 Amelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
This book seems very thorough, and a good practical guide to blogging as a way to draft a book and to setting up a blog in general. For me, it makes the process of writing a book sound relatively straightforward, while the publicity end of it seems more daunting. The author's first choice seems to be getting a contract with a publisher, rather than self-publishing. She presents both options, but those who are thinking in terms of self-publishing (and why wouldn't you, if you have a good platform ...more
Emily McFarlan Miller
Jun 30, 2015 Emily McFarlan Miller rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction, writing
The best advice in this book came at the very end, from the writers whose blogs had landed book deals who filled out questionnaires from "How to Blog a Book" author Nina Amir. Amir questioned writers who had "booked a blog," she said, because none had "blogged a book." Which should raise a red flag right there. One, in response to the question, "What advice would you give writers wanting to blog a book?" honestly answered, "Don't do it. Blog because you love it. Blog because you're a writer who ...more
NebraskaIcebergs
My dad is one of the two men in my life who has positively influenced my writing aspirations. Besides having taken writing courses, created family newsletters, and contributed to specialized publications, my dad started to blog in the fall of 2012. As part of this latest writing venture, he read and shared a book with me called How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir.

This 168-page guide, published by Writer’s Digest Books, focuses on nonfiction. While my dream is to become a novelist, writing articles i
Stan Skrabut
Feb 16, 2016 Stan Skrabut rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing, blogging
If you have been following my posts, especially, my book reviews, you will notice that I am interested in improving my ability to generate written content. One of my goals is to write a book. Right now, I have six ideas percolating but I need to knock one out. I think I have tripped upon a method to help make this possible. It is based on Nina Amir's book, How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time *. READ MORE ...more
Melissa
Oct 03, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
This was a good book with some great tips for writing a book as a blog. There were are few bits that I had to remind myself that I'm not in the US - such as copyright (in Australia we don't have to register). This is a book I would recommend people read if they want to set out to blog a book, as well as those who want to turn their current blog in to a book, although it is aimed more at people who are starting from scratch.
Sonia Marsh
Mar 27, 2014 Sonia Marsh rated it it was amazing
Excellent step by step approach to blog your book. I have taken so many notes that I can share with my audiences when I speak to them about blogging.
Deborah Carney
May 05, 2012 Deborah Carney rated it it was amazing
This book very clearly lays out what, how and why you would want to blog a book. From making you accountable to an audience that wants you to keep writing, to establishing good writing habits, to actually writing a business plan about what you want the blog and book to accomplish. Easy to read, easy to understand and easy to implement, must read for bloggers and authors both.
Bryan Post
Aug 11, 2012 Bryan Post rated it it was amazing
I am just finishing up this (about 10 more pages to go), which I bought to help me blog our already 2 published books - just to get ideas, and I love this book. I have already sent one person to buy it. I think it is much more than How to Blog a Book - more like an excellent blogging resource collection along with lots of great info, tips and what not to do in general. Great Job!
Jim Kukral
May 09, 2012 Jim Kukral rated it it was amazing
You have a blog, right? Guess what? You have a book, you just don't know it yet. Nina's book will show you step-by-step how to turn your already existing blog into a book that you can use to make money with, and for leads and publicity. This is the ultimate no-brainer. Buy this book now and turn your blog into your own book!
Erin (Bluestocking Bookworm)
I skimmed through most of this one when it became apparent that the author's focus was how to blog nonfiction books. If you are looking for information on how to blog (serialize) your fiction book, look elsewhere.

If you are looking for info on blogging nonfiction books, this is a pretty good little resource.
Sara Dean
May 28, 2014 Sara Dean rated it really liked it
I personally have a book that could be blogged, and a blog post series that I could eventually turn into a book. This book helps you get a sense of what all is involved in blogging a book first and then turning it into a published item. In it is a wealth of information including how to plan out your book from beginning to end, what kind of writing schedule to keep, and a good amount of information pertaining to utilizing social media.

The book is packed it will likely take you more than one readi
Nolan Ridley
Mar 20, 2014 Nolan Ridley rated it really liked it
I read this concurrently with Ms. Amir's other title, "The Author Training Manual". As with that work, I find her frenetic enthusiasm a little overbearing at times. However, even if you don't subscribe to the idea of literally "blogging a book", there is much of value in here to help orient the technically novice author.

As authors, our business is communication, and communication has grown legs, wriggled out of the primordial paper ocean and crawled up onto the digital continent. We, ourselves,
Rebecca Fyfe
Oct 04, 2013 Rebecca Fyfe rated it really liked it
How to Blog Your Book would be a great book for beginners. Most of the information in the book was information I already knew, but reading the book helped inspire and motivate me to get working on the blog-to-book project I have been planning, so it was worth reading.
Mary S. Sentoza
Mar 08, 2014 Mary S. Sentoza rated it really liked it
I stumbled upon this book by accident and I am glad I did. It is a great book, and very well organized. I found the information quite informative, and it opened my eyes what blogging is really about. Even if you were interested just in blogging, it provides information how to go about it and to get more exposure. I hope the suggestions will help with my blog. The author provided lots of information about what is blogging, list of helpful resources, and how to go about to blog a book. After readi ...more
Douglas Wilson
Jun 24, 2012 Douglas Wilson rated it really liked it
This book was a wealth of practical information. Good stuff.
Pam
Aug 25, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
courtesy howtoblogabook.com
courtesy howtoblogabook.com

If you're like me, you've read many, many books and have always wondered how books get published. Maybe you've even read books and thought you could write better than the author of the book you were reading. Or, maybe you're like me and like to read and share your love of books through blogging.

Whichever camp you fall into, Nina Amir's How to Blog a Book should be on your TBR pile.

Consider these topics:

Blogging Basics
Finding readers
why yo
Ris
Jan 01, 2016 Ris rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book for beginning bloggers. It introduces the reader to blogging platforms, common features and how to use them effectively, and other elementary details that are important to figure out early on if you want to run a blog (or any website) effectively. Although I was familiar with a lot of the content (as I've been using platforms such as Tumblr, Livejournal, and Wordpress for several years now), I was not as familiar with it in the context of promoting my writing. It sugge ...more
Kay Shapiro
Nov 19, 2014 Kay Shapiro rated it it was amazing
I bought this as an e-book to read on my pc, since I don't yet have a e-book reader. I had to buy it in print so I could carry it around with me and not have to wait until I was at home. I've finished reading it, and now I'm going back through to get started blogging my own book!
Have you blogged a book? 2 4 Aug 07, 2014 10:22AM
  • The Extroverted Writer: An Author's Guide to Marketing and Building a Platform
  • Writing Subtext: What Lies Beneath
  • The Writer's Compass: From Story Map to Finished Draft in 7 Stages
  • Writer with a Day Job: Inspiration & Exercises to Help You Craft a Writing Life Alongside Your Career
  • One Year to a Writing Life: Twelve Lessons to Deepen Every Writer's Art and Craft
  • Word Painting: A Guide to Writing More Descriptively
  • Booklife: Strategies and Survival Tips for the 21st-Century Writer
  • Writer's Digest Handbook of Magazine Article Writing
  • Scene of the Crime: A Writer 's Guide to Crime Scene Investigation
  • Social State: Thoughts, Stats and Stories about the State of Social Media in 2013
  • Writing the Memoir: From Truth to Art, Second Edit
  • Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • The Play of Words
  • The Complete Handbook Of Novel Writing: Everything You Need To Know About Creating & Selling Your Work (Writers Digest)
  • How to Be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play
Nina Amir, bestselling author of How to Blog a Book and The Author Training Manual, transforms writers into inspired, successful authors, authorpreneurs and blogpreneurs. Known as the Inspiration to Creation Coach, she moves her clients from ideas to finished books as well as to careers as authors by helping them combine their passion and purpose so they create products that positively and meaning ...more
More about Nina Amir...