Start by marking “Striker ” as Want to Read:
Striker

Striker

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Sports writer Max Myers just discovered he lives next door to the hottest soccer player to hit the field. If he scores a coveted interview with the reclusive striker for the Denver Blaze, he could take himself from sports blogger to mainstream sports authority.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 53 pages
Published January 9th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Striker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Striker

Tigers and Devils by Sean KennedyCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Locker Room by Amy LaneHeart in Hand by salifiableStr8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Athletes
115th out of 232 books — 463 voters
Play With Me by Piper ShellyScored by Lily HarlemShut Out by Liz CroweRed Card by Liz CrowePlayer's Ultimatum by Koko Brown
Love on the Pitch: English Football/Soccer
34th out of 52 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This particular book deals with an exceptionally talented and famous but low key soccer player, Riley, who ends up falling for his neighbor, Max, who just so happens to be one of the most notorious soccer reporters out there. They make a relationship work until both their careers and love are tested. Now the question is should Max give up his career by not writing a story about Riley? Or will Riley's career be ruined by Max's story?

Sports themed books hold a special place in my heart because of
Audrey
Good story with some initial PWP tendencies. Enjoyable, but ultimately forgettable. Bonus points for being available as an ebook from the Brooklyn Public Library.
DarienMoya
More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

Max Myers is a sports writer with a bit of fame, and is hoping to make it big in a new city. He has a blog that is very popular, so he’s hoping that fame will take him to primetime. Moving can be a bitch, but when said bitch makes him neighbour to Riley Grayson the talent and popular Striker for the Denver Blazer. Max cannot complain because Riley is hot as hell and also getting an interview with him would pretty much make his career.

Riley Gra
Dannielle
I really enjoyed this book. Things quickly get hot between Max and Riley. You can't help but be attracted to both men. The story spans over a couple of months, so everything doesn't happen all at once. From the synopsis you pretty much know what is going to happen. But it still happens at a nice pace and the sex is really freaking HOT! A great story and I'll definitely check out more by this author.
Jen
This was a good story - I loved the story line of it. I had a little trouble with the reading though. Sometimes it was a little confusing who was feeling what - It wasn't told for POV's which I'm ok with, but *shrug*

It was a great story though. I enjoyed getting to know Max and Riley. When Max moves to Denver to get a fresh start on his journalism, he learns right away that the star of Denver Blaze Soccer team lives just on the other side of his townhouse.
Since Max is a Sports writer, he is a B
Sassafrass
Striker is a short but tasty morsel of man-love that I completely devoured. Hot men--especially ones in soccer shorts--are just too much for me to resist!

Riley is a professional soccer player for the fictional Denver Blaze and he's quite famous for not only his prowess on the field but also for his strictly guarded private life. It's widely known that he doesn't give interviews. So imagine his surprise when he meets and is instantly in lust with his new next door neighbor, Max, who just happens
Chris

Riley Grayson has no interest in interviews or in outing his private life to the public. He wants to be known for the scoring he does on the field and not in the sack. But Max is a temptation he can't resist. Taking a chance, Riley and Max
Dee
I'm a sucker for sports star/press stories, unfortunately, they normally are hard to come by, so when I saw Stiker I was intrigued. The same could be said for my enjoyment of soccer (to me its much more entertaining than US Football...yes, I know...don't cruicify me too much).

One of the main things that I liked about Riley was that he wanted to not be known for anything other than what he did on the field. I wish that in general, there were more sports stars like that (similar to Drew Brees...He
Kathy
Kyann Waters' Striker is a fast paced novella that is sweet yet delectably steamy. A little bit of angst, two yummy protagonists and some intensely erotic sex make this sports’ themed novella a must read for fans of m/m fiction. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Alicia
Very short, but cute, story about an elite soccer player and a reporter/blogger who are neighbors and end up lovers. It was a sweet love story, not much happens because it's just too short. But the characters were very well drawn, I wanted to get to know them better.
Pati
Jan 17, 2012 Pati rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, won
Striker is a terrific story, I only wish it was about 50 pages longer. Riley and Max are wonderfully sweet guys and I would have loved to have seen even more of their relationship and to have seen some interaction between Max and the team.
Jayjay
short but was really fun to read.
Julesmarie
I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. I bought this, together with a few other books about athletes, a few weeks ago when All Romance Ebooks was doing a sports promotion in honor of the Olympics, and it was the last one of that group I had left to read. I think just about every other book I've read with a pro athlete as a main character has followed the same story line (athlete meets love interest (who may or may not also be an athlete), a relationship develops, athlete fears ...more
Alex
Stars: 2.5/5

Overall
This novella is first and foremost erotica. While the premise is interesting, the sex overpowers the plot, and heavy sex stories aren't my cup of tea. These especially didn't really do it for me. In addition, the plot had more potential than was explored. If you want hot, heavy sex with soccer players, this is the book to go to, but otherwise, it doesn't satisfy many appetites.

Strengths
The writing was good, and sound enough that I would consider reading something else by this
Shana
Main Characters:
Max is a sports blogger of some renown, on the brink of making it into the big time. He's 5'8", Swedish/Puerto Rican, newly-arrived in Denver, and out as a gay man. He purportedly doesn't mix business with pleasure, though he's quick enough to dip his toes into the company pool, even if he's not on the clock at the time. He's willing to bend the rules to make things work out, but he's not willing to completely compromise on his principles. We unfortunately never learn much more
Ryan

Riley Grayson is the hottest soccer player for the Denver Blaze, but he refuses to give interviews. His personal life is his own and not the publics. Things become complicated when he falls for the new next door neighbor Max Myers. Max is a sports writer and knows one interview with Riley will take him from blogger to mainstream sports caster. But is he willing to sacrifice his career for his feelings for Riley? This short and erotic read is full of lust, conflict and determination. What all goo
Nik
2 1/2 stars.

I liked this book OK. Everything felt like it was in hyperdrive.(view spoiler)
Jilrene ♥
3.5 stars - I really liked the story, but the writing style just wasn't my thing. The author uses many trite and over played descriptions for sex. And it was almost clinical. Just there, no passion. To me, anyway. I didn't connect with the MCs, and didn't get to know any of the secondary characters. To be fair, it is difficult to flesh out the supporting cast in a short story.
MandyM
I started out on the wrong foot with this story because I couldn't believe a famous, closeted soccer player would initiate a hook up with an infamous gay sports blogger. Along with the fact that it is so short and very rushed, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as other readers.
Dean
It was ok, i dowloaded it through Kindle and it was alot shorter story than i thought, as i turned each page the number went up by 8 each time. Was ok for a short book that i finished in just over 2 hours!
Natasha  A.
It felt rushed. I would have liked things to have been more fleshed out. Everything just seemed to fall into place (even the conflict and the resolution) without any real investment from me.
The Romantic Scientist
Quick, entertaining, enjoyable. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Sandra
Apr 30, 2012 Sandra marked it as to-read
$2.99 on Nook
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Littlespelk
Littlespelk marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
  • Moving in Rhythm
  • Frozen Hearts
  • Carbon and Ash
  • Ten in the Bin
  • Sight Unseen
  • Match Maker
  • Overdrive
  • Doubtless (Irresistible Attraction, #2)
  • Where You Hurt the Most
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • The Usual Apocalypse (The Society #2)
  • A Perfect Game
  • The Fifth Son
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • I Don't: A Christmas Wish
Weekend Boyfriend Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1) Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set Hard Ride Home To Bed a Montana Man (Montana Men, #1)