Start by marking “Terra Incognita: Book 1 of the Terra Trilogy” as Want to Read:
Terra Incognita: Book 1 of the Terra Trilogy

Terra Incognita: Book 1 of the Terra Trilogy (The Terra Trilogy #1)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
A ruined city. Marauding bands of men. A flooded, poisonous world and an old magick carried in Terra's precious blood. In Terra Vargas' dystopian city, Couver, society clings to civilization at the edge of the Coastal Mountains and on the small off-shore islands. In the mountain above the city a massive refugee camp overflows with hordes of displaced people - the D.P. - wh ...more
Published September 7th 2011 by Twisted Root Publishing (first published August 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Terra Incognita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terra Incognita

Zach Sparks
Apr 15, 2012 Zach Sparks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-wins
I won this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

Spoilers!

I've run across the idea of the supreme mapmakers and maps that shape and hold the world, but those are normally high fantasy. This novel was refreshingly different by being set in a post-apocalyptic nightmare here, on Earth.
Much of the world has been destroyed by the eruption of undersea and formerly dormant volcanoes, resulting earthquakes, and tsunamis. Small patches of calm and order try to exist, but are, for the most part, overwhelm
Kari Metzger
May 18, 2012 Kari Metzger rated it liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. It was pretty interesting to read a book about my area actually (post apocalyptic Vancouver). The beginning was really slow for me and it's almost like I felt I needed an entire novel to orient me to the 'Cartos' and apocalypse to begin with, but about 1/2way through it picked up, and had some interesting ideas to explore.

Having said that, I needed a lot more set up to be able to really fall into the book - it's quite a complex idea, and
Marcelle Dube
Nov 09, 2013 Marcelle Dube rated it it was amazing
Terra Incognita is the first book in another Abrahamson trilogy set within the Cartographer Universe. In Incognita, we meet young Terra who lives on an island with her grandfather just off Couver on a post-apocalyptic West Coast.

She lives in a time of devastating climate change where deepee marauders threaten everything and everyone. Into this mix arrives Ravi, a young man who has crossed half the world against terrifying odds with one goal in mind: to kill Terra, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Abraham
Carol J. Timmerman
Carol J. Timmerman rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Aaron Lozano
Aaron Lozano marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Darla Stokes
Darla Stokes rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Reem
Reem marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Brenda Cooper
Brenda Cooper rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Conny
Conny marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Fred Hughes
Fred Hughes marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Jes
Jes marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Ninna
Ninna added it
Feb 05, 2012
Isabeau
Isabeau marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2012
Jan
Jan is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2012
Emory
Emory added it
Dec 29, 2011
Chrysti
Chrysti marked it as to-read
M Suzanne
M Suzanne marked it as to-read
Anais919
Anais919 marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2012
Sakura
Sakura marked it as to-read
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Craig
Craig added it
Apr 07, 2014
Evika
Evika marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Davidson
Elizabeth Davidson marked it as to-read
Savvi
Savvi marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
4203543
Karen L. Abrahamson is the author of numerous books and short stories, writing as Karen L. Abrahamson(Fantasy and Young Adult) and Karen L. McKee (Romance).

After a travelling youth that took me across North America too many times, I settled in Vancouver, Canada. But living at the edge of a continent tends to allow me to ‘fall off’ now and again and so I’ve spent much of my adult life still travell
More about Karen L. Abrahamson...

The Terra Trilogy (4 books)
  • Terra Infirma
  • Terra Nueva
  • The Terra Trilogy Collection (The Terra Trilogy, #1-3)