Start by marking “The Lady Confesses” as Want to Read:
The Lady Confesses

The Lady Confesses (The Copeland Sisters #3)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Having run away from home to avoid an unwanted betrothal, Lady Elizabeth Copeland must keep her disguise as an elderly lady's companion at all times.

Even when she's called upon to nurse the lady's nephew—who rather infuriatingly happens to be the most incredible-looking man she's ever seen….

Elizabeth yearns to break out of Betsy's drab dresses to reveal that she's of the s
Kindle Edition, Harlequin Historical, 281 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Confesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady Confesses

Natalia
Susan
Good conclusion to the series. I liked the way all three books took place at approximately the same time, but from completely different viewpoints. There wasn't too much overlapping. I loved the back and forth between Elizabeth and Nathaniel -- she kept forgetting that she was supposed to be a companion to his aunt, and kept talking back to him as if she were her normal self. She can't understand why she is so drawn to him when she considers him to be so obnoxious. Meanwhile, Nathaniel knows tha ...more
E. R.
Out of the three couples, Elizabeth and Nathaniel are the best in my eyes. I did like Dominic in the first book, but one character trait of Caroline's made me annoyed. I liked Diana the best out of the three Copeland sisters, but Gabriel irritated me at times. Overall, Elizabeth and Nathaniel were my second fave characters in this trilogy and also my fave couple, too.

It was also nice to learn more about the scandal featuring the mother of the Copeland sisters. I found it a nice ending for the tr
Sharyn
The final in the series. I loved both characters. Lady Elizabeth is posing as a lady's companion to avoid what she thinks is a possible marriage to her guardian. She has trouble keeping to her role, and Nathaniel suspects she is lying, but not why. The 3 books run concurrently and the 3 heroes are friends who just happen to end up with the 3 sisters. The villain in the book solves the mystery of the mother's death that is sort of at the heart of all 3 books. So the trilogy has all ends tied up n ...more
HarlequinRomanceReviews
Elizabeth Copeland knows all too well that now that her parents died, she is left stuck in a previously arranged marriage. But she has no plans of getting married now, so she leaves her home and two sisters and arrives in the heart of the city.

Here, she works as an elderly lady's fashion-clueless, mild-mannered companion. In society, this position holds no respect, and it gets even worse when she is forced to take care of her employee's nephew, the obnoxious and yet arrestingly good-looking Nath
Cris
Adorei!! Fechou muito bem a série e não teve pontas soltas.

A mocinha, que estava sumida desde o primeiro livro, (apesar de eu saber muito bem onde ela estava, afinal, para bom observador, meia pista basta) finalmente aparece como dama de companhia de cachorro de madame!
Ela salva o cachorrinho de ser atropelado no primeiro livro, e a dona do cãozinho fica tão agradecida que a emprega como dama de companhia do bichinho.
E, apesar de ser dama de companhia do cãozinho, ela é assediada pelo conde, so
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Concedetemi la speranza che anche voi potrete amarmi,prima o poi.Farò qualunque cosa se solo potrò confidare nel vostro amore!"

Siamo arrivati alla fine della trilogia, l'ultimo capitolo dedicato a Elizabeth e Nathaniel (ancora in convalescenza dal pestaggio ricevuto nel primo libro XD). Diciamo che come gradimento mi è piaciuto meno del secondo, ma più del primo, Elizabeth non ha la forza di Diana ma non è neanche un'oca come Caroline XD La trama è un classico del genere, infatti Elizabeth si n
Amber
I love Mortimer. She's like chicken soup when you're feeling like crap. I liked this story, but it didn't quite make the connection of "AH, yes, THIS is why she ran off" for me. But I still liked it. Even if (view spoiler) Still, it's a solid and entertaining read, so recommend.
sharon
this is an awesome end to the story of the three sisters and the three friends.
I recommend this as a series and as a brilliant read
Tasneem
A very boring book, this took me ages to read because it just kept getting on my nerves. Elizabeth was the most irritating of heroines, and I read this book because I enjoyed the story of the two other sisters and wanted to complete the series. Nathaniel was a super hero and I felt he deserved better than Elizabeth. She was often cruel and meanspirited.
Alyssa White
I love this book as much as I thought I would! Now Nathaniel was real and I could have him
Émeraude

Então tem várias coisas que me desagradaram nesse livro...review is coming
Alisha
somehow read them out of order. Read last one first
Zinnia
Lättsam och rolig! Skön underhållning utan krav.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
Alicia
ok,romance. a little slow.
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Kirti
Kirti marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Mabel
Mabel added it
May 07, 2015
Kathryn Prine
Kathryn Prine marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Avi
Avi marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 05, 2015 10:00AM
  • How to Ruin a Reputation
  • Captured for the Captain's Pleasure
  • Innocent Courtesan to Adventurer's Bride (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #3)
  • The Wicked Lord Rasenby
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)
  • Born to Scandal
  • The Last Cahill Cowboy (Cahill Cowboys, #4)
  • Montana Bride
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Copeland Sisters (3 books)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • The Lady Forfeits (Copeland Sisters, #2)
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand The Duke's Cinderella Bride The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)