Start by marking “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)” as Want to Read:
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Written and illustrated by some of the best children's book authors and artist,Little Golden Books are known by their gold-foil binding and by the pleasure they bring to children.
Published August 1st 2000 by Golden Books (first published February 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Alesha Palmer
Donner, a reindeer apart of Santa’s sleigh, had a son. Santa informed Donner that in order for Rudolph to have a chance to get on Santa sleigh team that he would have to cover up his nose. Rudolph would eventually find that his nose got in the way of many things. Such as went he was trying to make friends with other reindeer. He met a elf named Herby that would become is best friend. Herby felt like he did not fit in like Rudolph. They both felt like outsiders so they decided to leave. They met ...more
Gina Diloreto
Bunsen, R. "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer". (1998). New York: Random House.

This is one of my favorite books. I love the whole "Little Golden Book" series. Rudolph is a classic tale. He feels like a misfit because of his red nose. He runs away and ends up at the island of misfit toys, where he realizes he's not alone. His only reindeer friend, Clarice, gets captured by the Abominable Snow Monster while trying to find Rudolph. Rudolph's elf friend, Hermey, and lumberjack friend, Cornelius, rescue
Miri
The story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with illustrations based off of the cartoon, you may as well just watch the cartoon and buy a different version of the Rudolph story that has different illustrations. It's sort of a waste of time to watch the tv special and read this book which is identical. One of the older Golden Book versions of Rudolph would be a better choice.
Michelle Ruedin
I hate this story. I hate the message that you should be nice to weird people because someday they might be useful and the big bossman will think well of them and then they'll outrank you. Those other reindeer don't deserve Rudolph's friendship.

It's like corporate manipulation for toddlers.
Lauren
I know this is classic Christmas, and Libby loves it but I just don't get the appeal
Chris Schoettmer
The story is about the experiences of Rudolph, a young reindeer who has a an large glowing red nose. He gets excluded from activities because of his nose. Rudolph manages to prove himself on Christmas Eve after Santa Claus asks him to lead his sleigh through bad weather. Rudolph agrees, and is finally treated better by the other reindeer for saving the day.
Ila
Not a favourite. I got bored. Mummy got bored, though she did laugh when Rudolph met the abominable snowman. This book went straight to the charity shop box.
Melissa
Disclaimer: I usually review children's book based more on what my children think of the book and less on what I think of the book...

A favorite
Amy Hayes
Cute, but wierd and a bit scary for young children.
Malxox
Lol, I read it every year. It takes like... 2
Minutes XD
Rachel
I liked it. ...more
Ronan
i read so long ago
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Salamanda
Salamanda marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • The Night Before Easter
  • Ahoy There, Little Polar Bear
  • The Bears' Christmas
  • Show Me Your Smile! A Visit to the Dentist (Dora the Explorer)
Rudolph (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) The Story of Santa Claus (Storytime Christmas Books) The Golden Christmas Treasury: 25 Stories, Poems, and Carols Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Play School ABC