Start by marking “Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)

Cinder (Blood Nation #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  596 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
I love a vampire...
But he is more broken than I. And even through the shards of our fragmented relationship, dangers are always present. My kind were being murdered, by whom, I did not know. And my masters, the clandestine House of Assassins would not leave me be. Membership is not optional so I can never escape them.
But through it all, I listen to my father, my mentor, an
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 552 pages
Published December 9th 2011 by SL Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cinder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinder

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
29th out of 423 books — 604 voters
Bloodraven by P.L. NunnSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovMind Fuck by Manna FrancisEvenfall by Santino HassellCaptive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Best "Dark" Gay Characters
37th out of 254 books — 392 voters

More lists with this book...

Abbie
Aug 29, 2014 Abbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, dark
2.5 Master your Flame, and you master your world. Stars.
jason and eric kissing
Okay, Kitty, You are going to have to be my eyes on this. If I go out too soon, I’m crispy bacon.
Hmmm, bacon.

Xavier is getting the swing of being a high ranking vampire, but trouble is brewing, and it's coming for him.

Sex saved Xavier's life nearly a thousand times, but he wants more. He wants life, love, and devotion. He's going to try his damndest to get it.

Azrael is a killing machine, but even he wants love, and Marcus is who he wants
Dreamer
4.5 stars I think. There is a crazy joyfulness to Derekica Snake's writing of 'Cinder'. This is the delightfully erotic tale of three gay psychotic vampires with multiple personality problems.
description
'Marcus knelt in front of me and held out a hand to me. "I know it is too late, but I would still like to know. Xavier, my heart, my soul, my love, my life... I offer you eternal life. Would you walk with me throughout time without end?"

Cole Riann

Still really liked it, but dayuuum, my I'm sore all over from tensing my muscles for two days straight with all the intense tension. How's that for a good description? Intense tension, oh yeah.
Danielle
Mar 17, 2014 Danielle marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: vampire, mm
DNF @ 27%

Duel personality? Seriously that was it for me.
Vivian
Jan 27, 2013 Vivian rated it it was amazing
Totally messed up.

Just when I thought I understood the dynamics at play between Marcus and Xavier I meet three more people. (view spoiler) Claudius is the voice of reason, again. But his role is increasingly more complicated as he expands his role of assumed Father to more, much more.

Xavier starts to give Marcus just as
Jason Bradley
Mar 11, 2015 Jason Bradley rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook, vampires, violent
this book was a mess of continuity errors and insanity that was annoying but kept me turning the page. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it or if I will go on to read the next in the series.
Virginia
~ Lei ~ New GR HomePage Is An Abomination ~

ETA: 2.21.15 - 3rd Time Around. The Blood Nation is addicting.
The crazy ride continues with Xavier's personalities expanding their world and their adventures. I think I gotta make a tree (org?) chart to keep track of everybody!

Has flaws but you know, this is the third time around so I can obviously overlook them. Just hop on the train with me!

- Good world building and keeping track of the characters.

ETA 9/2013 Reread in anticipation of Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3) by Derekica Snake release. Still love and will reread again.
Fifi LaFleur
Jan 18, 2014 Fifi LaFleur rated it it was amazing
Holy mindfuck, batman! These guys are bonkers, but I love it. Action, sex, hot vampire guys. Really, just when I think their games are a bit much, some heart gets thrown in and I'm sucked into it all over again.

On to Cinnamon immediately. I'm addicted.
M'rella
Dec 25, 2013 M'rella marked it as not-my-cup-of-author
No frigging way I am reading this. And they say PL Nunn is bad. At least the woman can write!
Helle
leigh
Dec 05, 2013 leigh rated it it was amazing

Loved it.

The boys’ relationship dramatics are over-the-top, yet riveting. Xavier continues to be the perfect first-person narrator. As a new member of the Blood Nation, he discovers its layers of secrets along with the reader. His style is confidential, often humorous, and always close to the action and the emotions. He is effortlessly easy to root for, and picking up his story again is like catching up with a good friend.

Xavier and Marcus declared their love and commitment in the previous book
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads, read-2012
Oh, my, just like in Cake, Cinder can be a brutal read. I'm not thrilled with the multiple personalities, I miss the Marcus from the first book! Overall the read kept me entranced. The writing and plot twists were really good. Xavier has faced so much and so many changes. You just want the guy to have a break and yet the ending of this book shows Xavier just isn't getting one any time soon or maybe at all. I had a really hard time deciding how to rate this. I loved the read but wasn't happy with ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This is the continuation of the Blood Nation series. If I was hard pressed I'd call it 'A Fine Mess'. I enjoyed the characters even if I don't like what they do or how they do it. I would have read this series forever but for two changes; I didn't like the split personalities at all and alas, I missed Marcus too much to continue the series - sad.I cared about Claudius endlessly, good luck my fair monster.
Jessica
Dec 16, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
One word ... Epilogue!

(SPOILER) I hope Marcus gets his act together and doesn't need to be put down. I was weary about this whole Marcus gets Azrael and Armor gets X while Sex gets Claudius but I hope it all works out. After reading Cinder's epilogue I'm a little worried. I wonder how Hades will fit into the mix.?. I also miss Reggie :(
Chantelle
Nov 24, 2012 Chantelle rated it it was ok
I loved the first Book but the second book left me lost I can only hope the next book is better.I find myself hopeful for Marcus to me he's the Character you want to hate but you find yourself rooting for him. After all he's suffered he deserves a happy ending.
Em
Aug 30, 2012 Em rated it it was amazing
Oh WOW ! this book was just as fantastic a read as 'Cake' ! It sometimes got a bit confusing with all of the different personalities involved....X,Xavier,Azreal,SEX, Armor,Marcus etc etc, but I love the book and can't wait until the next one !

Kukko
Main Characters: Marcus de Bussey, Claudius de Bussey & Xavier de Bussey (SEX)
Key Themes: Psuedo Incest, Psuedo Twincest, Violence
Location: Houston, Texas

Disappointing follow-up to Cake (Blood Nation, #1) by Derekica Snake!

I tried to get into this story, I really did! I kept going back to it…but it just kept getting on my nerves…

Why?

Firstly, there is no discernible storyline as far as I can tell. The characters are all over the place with thier actions and thoughts, and the prose was truly unbearable. Secondly, the narrator repeat
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Jan 11, 2012 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it
Marsha Spence
Feb 21, 2015 Marsha Spence rated it it was amazing
I'm very anxious to see how this all resolves. Xavier/Armor, Marcus/Azrael, Sex/Claudius. How is this going to work out? Assassin Guild, Master of the House, Lord Emperor. Lots happening. And, I have to say that I'm really ready for some happiness for the gang. They deserve it! :)

Reread: Just as good the second time around. The splits were easier to keep up with on this second time around. Really well written.
Melissa
Mar 07, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it
Rating from 1 star to 3.5stars (just gonna go with 3 wtfe)
This book was violent, confusing, sexy, violent, confusing. Then at the end I felt like I could take all of that because I understood how it all came together. I understood how all the pieces/people/personalities fit together.

Then I read the epilogue.....

Sunshinewrinkley
Dec 01, 2014 Sunshinewrinkley rated it really liked it
*3,5 Stars

Messed up and complicated doesn't even come close to cover what's going on in this book. Now I'm done and asking myself why the hell I read this in the first place. xD The author definitely has a talent for enticing you to continue on reading about craziness, but I think I'm done for now. I most likely won't be moving on to the next book anytime soon.

I would have prefered a little less drama or at least some kind of HFN with all 5 main characters I guess. And the part at the barn towa
Chappy
I'm so loving the Blood Nation world. It's a bit messed-up and crazy but I just couldn't stop reading. I don't know how Derekica Snake comes up with this stuff? It's so detailed and original...you won't find anything else like it.

I just went and immediately bought Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3) by Derekica Snake...I wonder who the blond is on the cover?

Xavier is still finding himself and developing his new talents in the vampire world.

The only thing that puzzled me is the epilogue. (view spoiler)
Cat
Sep 30, 2011 Cat rated it really liked it
Ok I finished this book earlier in the week but it was soooooooo good I think I am going to reread it.
Scarletine
May 17, 2015 Scarletine rated it liked it
Well, what a mixed bag this book was. Funny, sweet, dark and terrible. It sped along like a bunny on crack, and I had to put it down and walk away a few times to catch my breath! The characters of Marcus and Xavier did a fast 360 degrees spin in this story and left my mind boggled. It was difficult enough to know that the character of Marcus i came to kind of feel sorry for in the first book was a fragment of a split personality, but then Xavier began to splinter. Good grief how many times can p ...more
FantasyLiving
I'm pretty breathless right now.
There is just so much going on. I'm not sure where to start or how much to include.

These vampires are broken, damaged, psychologically, and most of the time physically. I'm still wondering why Xavier hasn't left, or killed himself.

This is so dark. Domestic abuse at its most brutal. I'd urge people to read the tags before entering into this dark world.

If you do happen to find yourself inside the pages of this story, hold on for one hella fucked up ride. The twi
Nikki B
Feb 15, 2014 Nikki B rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-lendable
I love how the characters evolved in this book. This was one of those rare finds that really isn't something I would normally read. Yet, I bought every book in the series and loved them all. I really like an author who can make me forget everything that is going on around me, simply because she has completely drawn me in. The non-con made me uncomfortable, but this series has become an instant favorite. Unlike some reviewers, I judge a book on how it makes me feel. Snake managed to evoke many di ...more
Tamela
Read for 2014 Pushing Boundaries Challenge

Started this series as a selection for the challenge and find that I love Xavier, though he is a weepy little thing. But then he's had a LOT to deal with through out this book.

That he's found love is so good, but the fact that Marcus has a split personality and that Xavier is in love with the alter, Armor, is weird. Then to find that Xavier himself is split... that is pushing the limits for me.

The abilities that Xavier is finding or having forced on him
Don
Jan 12, 2014 Don rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
In a word, overwritten, but $9.95 needs to be justified somehow if only by length. Jekyll/Hyde personalities created to accommodate switch hitting (literally and figuratively) and that damned, superfluous cat again. DNF
JJ
Apr 02, 2015 JJ rated it it was amazing
Though, I love this series, I got a little lost in the personalities. However, it was all great fun and I really love Claudius. I'll keep reading just to see more of him. As for Armor, I'm so sad about the distance that comes between him and Xavier. This book is centered around Xavier's introduction to the Blood Nation. Though I love this book, I just have to say that I'm a little confused about Marcus. It feels like something is missing. I still don't know what the heck happened in the barn; ev ...more
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Forgive Us (Deliver Us, #3)
  • Ricochet (The House of Silence #2)
  • Cethe
  • Tentacles for the Brides Bouquet
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Bloodraven
  • Deliverance: Hooch and Matt's Story
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Breaking Jade (A Companion Book to The Fallocaust Series, #1)
  • Angel and the Assassin (Angel and the Assassin, #1)
  • Soulless
  • Infected: Lesser Evils (Infected, #6)
  • Afterimage (In The Company of Shadows, #2)
  • Seduction In Black And White (Master Chronicles, #4)
Greetings, gentle readers. My name is Derekica Snake aka kiix. This is the part where I write about myself. It is harder than it looks. It is so much easier to write about fictional characters…hummm. Wait. I have a light blub moment.

On a dark and quiet evening in the month of April, a little girl child came into the world in St. Joesph General Hospital. Upon seeing the little girl with the little
More about Derekica Snake...

Blood Nation (4 books)
  • Cake (Blood Nation, #1)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Coupage (Blood Nation #4)

“I pulled out my mp3 player and stuck the buds in, and letting out a big breath, I started to scroll through my music for something appropriate to kill by. John Tesh, it is.” 7 likes