Start by marking “Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)” as Want to Read:
Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)

Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  861 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
[Siren Menage Everlasting: Erotic Cowboy Menage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, bondage, spanking] Tara Rustle has just spent her twenty-third birthday alone, just like her last six birthdays. She arrives home from work to find her home burning to the ground. This event is the crux of Tara's grief for the mother she lost six years previously and the loneliness she has endured, and ...more
Published (first published November 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Slick Rock Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slick Rock Cowboys

MsRomanticReads

Two cowboys – check

They're hung like horses: check

They like to dominate: check

Devastating experience of catching the man/men the heroine loves screwing another woman: check

Heroine is a virgin: check

Heroine is melodramatic: check

Tara grew up in Slick Rock, Colorado, with her parents. At least until the day her father walked out on them, and her mother moved them to Denver. She's devastated that she'll have to leave her two best friends, Clay and Johnny Morten. She had practically grown up with th
Kheigh
Feb 07, 2012 Kheigh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought it despite some reviews about the writing. I mean, it's smut. I don't expect award winning dialog. ;) It was bad. Really bad. Just not good at all. I couldn't get past the, "nobody would ever say that like that," until all of the story lines (many of which I didn't even realize were being developed) resolved in a paragraph or two. With really bad dialog, too. I didn't read the final sex scene. I skimmed it. I never skim. It was that bad.
Kelli
Jul 03, 2012 Kelli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I picked it up not expecting anything great, but it wasn't even good. Hope the next one is better.
Oct 18, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the story. Felt really sorry for Tara bad life.
The sex was ok. I found a lot of it repeat itself through book but other than that I enjoyed it.
DelAnne Frazee
Apr 02, 2013 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-reviews
Deligtful, fast paced with and on going story theme running through the entire series. You can not go wrong with this book.
Sue Morrison
Nov 07, 2012 Sue Morrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome book. Loved the interplay amongst characters & that there was a good story line. want to read series now.
Ruth Hambley
Feb 23, 2016 Ruth Hambley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good. I enjoyed this one however it was too short. If you enjoy reading menage then you will enjoy this one.
Christine
Sep 06, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Um. Ick. Just Ick. They show their affection by dominating her? Not her best work, and not what I expected.
Stephanie
Jan 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story!! This author can write good short books. On to the next book in this series
Sue bowdley
Jun 25, 2013 Sue bowdley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great short story x
Clay and Johnny fell in love with their neighbor about eight years ago but could do nothing about it because she was a minor. Then one day she was gone, no good bye no nothing. Then just as they were ready to give up on seeing her again and move on they almost hit her in their truck.

Tara's brain had enough and just snapped when her apartment building went up in smoke and she found herself in her old hometown wishing she could leave there was just too much pain.

I think my favorite part of Slick R
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Very predictable story. Lots of sex but little storyline. The heroine kinda got on my nerves but overall this was a quick menage story with lots of nasty, raunchy sex and sometimes that's all you want in a story ; )
Gypsi Babii
May 09, 2016 Gypsi Babii rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-nos
I am OK with damsel in distress but weak and needy no..I pushed through by was wishing the book ended by time i got to the middle....hoping the next one is better
Lisbeth
Quick little read. not much storyline
Jessica Gomez
Sep 20, 2014 Jessica Gomez rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would give it no stars at all. Story line was weak. I get she could get amnesia from trauma, or maybe even shock but what I don't get is,Why would anyone else not notice? And also, Why would she easily forgive them? That explanation that they couldn't hold their need for carnal pleasure was weak. Granted men in general are weak creatures. But it was still weak. The story had alot of sex but no true connection. It wasn't tangible. Needless to
say I won't be reading it again.
April
Wowza!! This is a hot and steamy read!! I love a sexy menage!! And the story is interesting. A problem I have found with this series is once they start having sexy the story falls away a bit.

I am hooked on the series so I will keep reading I just hope the writing improves. I would like the intrigue to be more than an after thought in the end.

Cover Art - Yum Yum Give Me Some!
Elizabeth Lees
its was cheesy..but if you like m/m/f relationships you may like this book. I found the sex scenes repeatitive, almost like the author couldn't come up with a new scenario. In the event the main character, Tara, was supposed to be terrorized by an ex g/f Cecila...but it was a lame attempt by the author...it had no real plot or even terror, no heroism...it was lame
Tia
Nov 08, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in January 2012.

I didn't review this at the time but I have to admit to loving Becca Van novels. She has an amazing talent that shows in her writing, her characters are all different and unique and her storyline and plot usually always leave you in suspense. Plus hello... it's kinky!
Brigitte
Jan 02, 2013 Brigitte rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: becca-van
Hmm. Men a little bossy, yes. Okay. I cried over Tarah's heart break. The story was good. I felt like the intimate scenes were repetitive and kind of thrown in. Lot of repetition. Did not see the Cecilia thing coming like it did. So that was a surprise. Will give book 2 a try.
Grace Ryles
Dec 29, 2013 Grace Ryles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, menage
I enjoyed the story!! Really liking this author.. It's what I need right now a sweet ménage romance!!
Emily
Dec 30, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Heartbreaking story about Tara who has had a long string of bad luck finally getting her chance at happiness."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Belle
Jul 02, 2012 Belle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Like always my problem with novellas is that they are just too short. There's never enough room to actually get to know the characters and the plot.
Libby Oglesby
Good but not my favorite in the series. I really got hooked on the series with the second book.
Trina
Jul 26, 2012 Trina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute story although I felt johnny got the short end of the stick lol...
Big Joe's Books
OK story, horrible 'speech' between characters
Ry
Jun 23, 2013 Ry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't even finish. This was so stupid.
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jun 24, 2016
Latasha Harris
Latasha Harris rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
  • Hardcore Cowboys (Ride 'em Hard, #1)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Stacy's Destiny (The Town of Pearl, #2)
  • Dakota Springs (Dakota Heat, #4)
  • Unbridled and Undone (The Double Rider Men's Club, #1)
  • Hot Inspiration (A Bride for Eight Brothers, #5)
  • Bridled and Saddled (Bridled, #2)
  • Plenty To Come (Plenty, FL #1)
  • Commando Cowboys Capture Their Mate (Wyoming Warriors, #1)
  • Patton's Way (Cattleman's Club, #1)
My name is Becca Van. I live in Australia with my wonderful hubby of many years, as well as my children, a pigeon pair (a girl and a boy). I have always wanted to write and last year decided to take the plunge.

I didn’t want to stay in the mainstream of a boring nine-to-five job, so I quit to fulfill my passion for writing. I decided to utilize my time with something I knew I would enjoy and had al
More about Becca Van...

Slick Rock (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Double E Ranch (Slick Rock #2)
  • Her Ex-Marines (Slick Rock #3)
  • Leah's Irish Heroes (Slick Rock #4)
  • Her Shadow Men  (Slick Rock #5)
  • Her Personal Security (Slick Rock #6)
  • Shelby's Saviors (Slick Rock #7)
  • Accepting Eva (Slick Rock #8)
  • Capturing Kylie (Slick Rock #9)
  • Triple M Ranch (Slick Rock  #10)
  • A Fresh Start for Tori  (Slick Rock #11)