Start by marking “Revenge Of The Dragon Lady” as Want to Read:
Revenge Of The Dragon Lady

Revenge Of The Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  521 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The Dragon Slayers' Academy is back-and it's bigger and better than ever! The books have new covers and are now 112 pages long. Expanded from the old 96-page format, they now feature a fun Dragon Slayers' Academy Yearbook at the end of each story, with funny profiles of the faculty, the staff, and, especially, the students of D.S.A. All the things kids want to know about t ...more
Published April 7th 2000 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge Of The Dragon Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge Of The Dragon Lady

Dolly
Jul 10, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the second book in the Dragon Slayers' Academy series by Kate McMullan. Our girls have been reading a few different dragon stories and so this series piqued their interest.

One of the series we've been reading (the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo) paints the dragon as the hero and the slayer in a bad light. But this story gives us more of a typical look at dragons and their slayers, although the story is riddled with tongue-in-cheek humor.

This series offers an interesting take on th
Stan
The beginning of the book starts with Wiglaf eating breakfast. They eat eels for
breakfast and he really does not like it. So his friend Erica said get over it. They
it that because it is really the cheapest things the castle can buy. Everybody had
to eat eel but after a while the whole room started stomping their feet and started
saying "No more eel, no more eel". Wiglaf grabbed the last peace of eel and threw
it and it hit Mordred's forehead and it sticked dripping green eel juice. he got real
Ruby
i think this book is very intersting they should keep on making more and thanx for making these books and i bet the kids WOULD LOVE THIS BOOK MOST OF ALL PS I WANT TO BECOME A SINGER SO IF ITS ANYONE U KNOE THAT MAKES PEOPLE FAMOUS THEN TELL ME!!!!!
Kelly
Book 2 in the Dragon Slayers' Academy. It tells the story of a cowardly hero who is trying to become a dragon slayer. He has a pig who can speak pig latin due to a spell gone wrong in book one and is friends with the only girl (shh, it's a secret) at the school. The mother of the dragon he slew in book one is coming to get him. He needs to obtain courage or find out her weakness in order to slay her before she gets him. She likes to play with her victims before killing them. For example, on knig ...more
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Annie
Author: Kate McMullan
Illustrated by: Bill Basso
Genre: Fantasy
Interest Level: 3-5
Grade Level Equivalent: 2.8
Lexile: 460L

Wiglaf, a student at Dragon Slayers' Academy, is kind of a wimp - but he managed to kill a dragon in the previous book by figuring out his secret weakness: bad jokes. Now that dragon's mother is coming for him to seek her revenge. His friends try to help him learn the dragon's secret weakness, but an unfortunate ink blot prevents them from seeing anything besides "
Karen
The books in this series are really fast and really fun to read -- Perfect for second- to fifth-graders.

This one, like the first was packed with humor and adventure.
Sariah
Another cute quick book. Very entertaining if you need a quick laugh :)
Lily
The second book in the series! Revenge of the Dragon Lady is just as fun and funny as the first book, The New Kid at School.

Now that Wiglaf has 'accidentally' killed the dragon Gorzil, Seetha, the dragon's mother (who is horribly stinky and gross) is coming to kill him for what he did to her favorite dragon son!

Great characters and fun story, this is a series that will have children laughing!
David
this book is about a kid nammed wiglaf as he is getting attacked he will need help from his best freinds eric and angus will they stop well read and find out. I like this book because it has kids in it that are my age. I would recommend kids through 5th grade to 8th grade. I also in very interrested in reading fantisy books.
Duane
If you're looking for short books that might intrigue a reluctant reader, I'd try this series. You'll find yourself entering the DragonSlayer's Academy where boys can learn the finer points of Dragon warfare. It reminds me of a younger Harry Potter but less drama. Easy to read and the illustrations are very well done.
Omly
My daughter picked up this book at the school library as she is an avid fantasy reader. As a fourth grader though, this book was a little young for her. This would probably be a great book for a 2nd grader. There is nice large font, easy to read sentences (other than some pig-latin), and a moderately simple plot.
Sydney
its about Wiglaf killed Seetha's son and Seetha is really mad so she threatens to kill the person when she finds Wiglaf she tryies ways to kill him but none of them work but when she to the eel kill thing Wiglaf drops a dagger and she loses her balance and drowns in to the water.
Caren
Funny.
Here are a couple of the books in their library:
"The King Who Couldn't Sleep" by Eliza Wake
"Into the Dark Forest" by Hugo First

Wiglaf: main character. Has managed to kill 2 dragons but without using a sword or getting any gold.
Ashley
Jan 03, 2012 Ashley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: high 2nd grade readers - 5th grade
Such a cute and funny series that will grab the attention of young readers- boys and girls! The characters are vibrant and full of personality, which will promote lots of discussion between readers! I highly recommend this series!
Suzi
These are so good! This is becoming one of my top picks to suggest to 3rd-6th grade boys. I think even older kids could like it, but it has enough action, "ew" moments, tension, etc. to keep a kid engaged. This series is great thus far.
Bmack
This is the second book in this cute beginner chapter book series about some young kids who are enrolled in the Dragon Slayers’ Academy. It is a little like Harry Potter’s Hogwart’s Academy so it should be well liked by young readers.
Marge Prohofsky
Wiglaf should be a hero, and yet, he has accidently slayed the son of Geetha. Geetha is a terribly mean dragon and wants revenge. Poor Wiglaf must figure out her secret weakness! Another successfully funny story.
Jonathan
I read book two in the Dragon Slayer’s Academy series to stay one ahead of my students. It is a lot of fun and I recommend it to children early in the chapter-book stage or adults looking for a short spell of diversion.
Wendy
Quite funny and enjoyable. I like that my son likes this series. They are quick and entertaining and much more classy than the Captain Underpants series he favors. :P
Reetta Saine
Tämän sarjan juoni on edelleen lähellä nollaa, mutta helppolukuisuus ja huumori takaavat paikan vinkkausrepussa. Lisäksi takaperoinen porsas viehättää edelleen.
Twyla
Auryns review
Seetha is after Wiglaf!Wiglaf looked in a book to see what Seethas secret weakness was.my favorite part was when Seetha had a bath.
Melissa
2nd in the Dragonslayer's Academy. See my review of the first book - The New Kid. More of the same, I liked this one a bit more.
Ryan Burt
Better then the first book. Very quick and easy read. Got to love all the scolastic books my wife keeps buying. But a nice fun read.
Payton
wiglaf is doomed. the beast from the east named seetha is going to kill him because wiglaf killed her son.
J
A cute beginners dragon series with enough play on words to keep older readers entertained.
Alexandre
its a really panicing and fun book. there is a lot of presure. its a awsome and exiting book.
Shawna
This book was so funny. I loved how the dragon's secret was taking a bath.
Elaine
Book 2 was just as good - guess we'll have to work through all 20!
Bradley
Common fantasy fare but it had an ending that surprised me. =)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Kaymon The Gorgon Hound (Beast Quest, #16)
  • The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time (Magic Tree House, #44)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
I Stink! The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #1) Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1) I'm Dirty! Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)