Start by marking “Brainstorm” as Want to Read:
Brainstorm

Brainstorm (Daniel McMaster #1)

NY Times Bestselling Authors' Reviews: Douglas Preston, bestselling author of The Codex, Relic and Book of the Dead (these last two with Lincoln Child) as well as many more, says: "Brainstorm is as exciting and fast-paced as a thrill ride on a dive bomber, a maelstrom of action, violence, murder and mayhem, way too much fun to put down.... An outstanding novel." James Roll ...more
Published May 29th 2011 by Gordon A. Kessler (first published November 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Brainstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brainstorm

D.A. Bale
Nov 17, 2011 D.A. Bale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story kept my heart pounding right up through the ending. From the very beginning you knew something just wasn't right with the people and the setting - and very quickly you find you're absolutely correct.

I'd never heard about our governments paranormal projects until reading Brainstorm, which made me want to find out more details. Fascinating subject matter - and all too potentially real.

Powerful read!
Bob
I almost gave up on this one several times, perhaps I should have read the publishers blurb first as it gives a one line summary of what has happened. It did feel as though I had been thrown into the second or third part of a series particularly as it is titled as part of the Daniel McMaster Series but it does seem to be the first in the series. Eventually and it took about a 1/3rd of the book everything came together and it became an exciting all action tale. It is difficult to say too much wit ...more
Michael
Jul 17, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced entertainment!

This book was my first introduction to this author. The plot is one of many twists and turns; guaranteed to keep you flipping the pages to the very end! I hope there's a sequel in the works!
Wendy Hines
Jan 14, 2012 Wendy Hines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Weller slips in the shower, hits his head and wakes up in the hospital. Now, he's home and something is a bit off. First, there is the note under the bar soap in the shower. Then, there is the gerbil in the linen closet. Over breakfast with his wife, his anger causes the T.V. to blowup and the power to go out. His wife, Michelle, tries to soothe him with the promise of their upcoming appointment with the doctor, the man who may be able to get their son William to walk again.
Robert decide
Wendy
Nov 15, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
This book was intriguing. It kept me guessing the entire time, and the ending was in part, what I expected, and in part, completely took me by surprise.

There were a few minor things that kind of pulled me out of the story - little things like spelling errors or verb tense. They pulled me out of the story as I tried to mentally replace what was there with what it should have been, but overall, didn't really have an effect on the story itself.

It was a very unique idea that I can't recall ever ha
Greg
Apr 26, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This psychological crime mystery involves mind manipulation. Things are not what they appear and everyone has something to hide. Then people, including some government officials, start mysteriously dying from heart attacks. As the truth is gradually revealed and the plot unfolds, it leads to a fast-paced race against time involving military special ops teams.

Interesting characters and situations that keep your attention throughout with a few surprises along the way. It has some weak spots but o
Bobbye Hudspeth
Jul 21, 2012 Bobbye Hudspeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing read. Way too many editing errors to be acceptable in a book of this otherwise awesome calibre, but still a must-read for anyone who enjoyed watching the Matrix, who thinks the good guy should eventually figure out a way to win and that the USA military is still the top of the heap. A "guy book"...but I liked it too.
Juli Manz
Aug 31, 2015 Juli Manz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced fantasy (or is it?) thriller

Couldn't put it down. So many twists and turns my head was spinning as my eyes darted back and forth across the page. Innovative plot and characters, unknown setting, and wish of could spoil, but I won't.

Fun book. Wish it wasn't over.
Pat Glass
Apr 21, 2013 Pat Glass rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Gordon Kessler and I really enjoyed. Lots of twists and turns exciting right up to the end!
CE Henderson
CE Henderson rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2014
Jack Kelleher
Jack Kelleher rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Nospin
Nospin rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Priya
Priya rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2015
Cole Smith
Cole Smith rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2012
Phyllis Rowland
Phyllis Rowland rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2011
Mike Berry
Mike Berry rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
JAMES GEDDES
JAMES GEDDES rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Sammie
Sammie rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
Elicia
Elicia rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Jacque
Jacque rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Yvette
Yvette rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
TC
TC rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2012
Godie Brugiavini M
Godie Brugiavini M rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Cody Vangosen
Cody Vangosen rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Darnise Chilo
Darnise Chilo rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Pamela Boles
Pamela Boles rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Pia
Pia rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Aaron Reiser
Aaron Reiser rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2014
  • Heaven 2.0
  • Under the Looking Glass
  • Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1)
  • The Devil You Know
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • Exit Reality: A Ray Garret/Lifeline Techno Thriller
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • The Object: Book One
  • Reapers with Issues
  • Orbit Beach
  • Death Comes Uninvited
  • The Accidental Healer
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • Love in a Hopeless Place Collection (Love in a Hopeless Place, #1-5)
  • Mind Catcher
  • The Flies of August
  • The Dying Times (The Survivor Chronicles. #1)
  • Ghost
I am a fulltime thriller novelist, living in the Kansas City metro area with my golden retriever, Jazzy Brass. I’ve taught novel-writing for several community colleges, worked over twenty years for the BNSF Railway, and I am a former US Marine Recon Scout, Super Squad team leader, parachutist, marksmanship coach and troop handler. I enjoys SCUBA, sailing, snow skiing and being with my kids and gra ...more
More about Gordon A. Kessler...