Brainstorm

Brainstorm

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  9 reviews
NY Times Bestselling Authors' Reviews: Douglas Preston, bestselling author of The Codex, Relic and Book of the Dead (these last two with Lincoln Child) as well as many more, says: "Brainstorm is as exciting and fast-paced as a thrill ride on a dive bomber, a maelstrom of action, violence, murder and mayhem, way too much fun to put down.... An outstanding novel." James Roll...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Gordon A. Kessler (first published November 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Brainstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brainstorm

D.A. Bale
This story kept my heart pounding right up through the ending. From the very beginning you knew something just wasn't right with the people and the setting - and very quickly you find you're absolutely correct.

I'd never heard about our governments paranormal projects until reading Brainstorm, which made me want to find out more details. Fascinating subject matter - and all too potentially real.

Powerful read!
Wendy Hines
Robert Weller slips in the shower, hits his head and wakes up in the hospital. Now, he's home and something is a bit off. First, there is the note under the bar soap in the shower. Then, there is the gerbil in the linen closet. Over breakfast with his wife, his anger causes the T.V. to blowup and the power to go out. His wife, Michelle, tries to soothe him with the promise of their upcoming appointment with the doctor, the man who may be able to get their son William to walk again.
Robert decide...more
Bob
I almost gave up on this one several times, perhaps I should have read the publishers blurb first as it gives a one line summary of what has happened. It did feel as though I had been thrown into the second or third part of a series particularly as it is titled as part of the Daniel McMaster Series but it does seem to be the first in the series. Eventually and it took about a 1/3rd of the book everything came together and it became an exciting all action tale. It is difficult to say too much wit...more
Wendy
This book was intriguing. It kept me guessing the entire time, and the ending was in part, what I expected, and in part, completely took me by surprise.

There were a few minor things that kind of pulled me out of the story - little things like spelling errors or verb tense. They pulled me out of the story as I tried to mentally replace what was there with what it should have been, but overall, didn't really have an effect on the story itself.

It was a very unique idea that I can't recall ever ha...more
Michael Picco
Fast-paced entertainment!

This book was my first introduction to this author. The plot is one of many twists and turns; guaranteed to keep you flipping the pages to the very end! I hope there's a sequel in the works!
Greg
This psychological crime mystery involves mind manipulation. Things are not what they appear and everyone has something to hide. Then people, including some government officials, start mysteriously dying from heart attacks. As the truth is gradually revealed and the plot unfolds, it leads to a fast-paced race against time involving military special ops teams.

Interesting characters and situations that keep your attention throughout with a few surprises along the way. It has some weak spots but o...more
Bobbye Hudspeth
An amazing read. Way too many editing errors to be acceptable in a book of this otherwise awesome calibre, but still a must-read for anyone who enjoyed watching the Matrix, who thinks the good guy should eventually figure out a way to win and that the USA military is still the top of the heap. A "guy book"...but I liked it too.
Pat Glass
This was the first book I read by Gordon Kessler and I really enjoyed. Lots of twists and turns exciting right up to the end!
Tracy Jordison
Hard to get into.
Jean Dunham
Jean Dunham marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Michele Briere
Michele Briere marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Bruce L.
Bruce L. marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Michael Mcparland
Michael Mcparland marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Paulette Ransom
Paulette Ransom marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Karen L.
Karen L. marked it as to-read
Anna A
Anna A marked it as to-read
Susan Gufler
Susan Gufler marked it as to-read
Marnie Eichele
Marnie Eichele marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Kevin  Kempf
Kevin Kempf marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sarah Levine
Sarah Levine marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Electric truck
Electric truck marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Chris Toney
Chris Toney marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Joseph Chasen
Joseph Chasen marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
I am a fulltime thriller novelist, living in the Kansas City metro area with my golden retriever, Jazzy Brass. I’ve taught novel-writing for several community colleges, worked over twenty years for the BNSF Railway, and I am a former US Marine Recon Scout, Super Squad team leader, parachutist, marksmanship coach and troop handler. I enjoys SCUBA, sailing, snow skiing and being with my kids and gra...more
More about Gordon A. Kessler...
Dead Reckoning Jezebel Knight's Ransom (the E Z Knight Reports): The E Z Knight Reports Series Knight's Big Easy (the E Z Knight Reports) Dead Reckoning