Start by marking “It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World” as Want to Read:
It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

What could be better? Rosie and Phoebe have been best friends since they met on the divorce express, shuttling between their parents on weekends.
Now Rosie's mom and Phoebe's dad have fallen in love and they're all moving in together. Rosie has always dreamed of having a real family, but having Phoebe as a sister and having Phoebe as a friend are two very different things.
A
Published May 1st 2000 by Puffin Books (first published February 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

Kristina
Aug 01, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult-lit
I wish I'd known about this book when I was a kid because it would have been the only one about a mixed girl I'd ever encountered. Womp womp.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Nov 21, 2014 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, children-s
4 STARS

"Rosie and Phoebe have been best friends since they met on the Divorce Express, shuttling between their parents on weekends. So when Rosie's mom falls in love with Phoebe's dad, and they all move in together, it seems perfect. But Rosie soon learns that having Phoebe as a sister and having Phoebe as a friend are two very different things. And having an extra parent around isn't easy either. Rosie always thought that she and Phoebe would make great sisters. But can their friendship survive
Arshia Zehra
Mar 30, 2012 Arshia Zehra rated it it was amazing
Having a family doesn't mean that everything is going to be easy and all the family members will get long.It means that although you have problems you are willing to work them out in order to be a family.

Rosie learns this the hard way. Phoebe was a little self-centered but I feel bad for her. She had to go through so many changes in her life and adjusting is not easy.

Rosie had a lot of high expectations. She thought that all the families are like the perfect families that are shown in movies.
elscorcho
Jan 05, 2017 elscorcho rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2017
Back in Jr. High During the early 90's my best friend at the time and I made our way through every single paperback the school library. At the time it felt like a pretty big accomplishment, we thought so anyway. While I made my way through m.e Kerr, Paul Zindle and Norma fox mazer, she sat beside me giggling at the exploits going on in the books of Paula Danzingler and Judy Blume... I'm sure there were lots of others. It's taken me over 20 years, but I finally picked up this book and it so trans ...more
Sarah Markmann
Apr 01, 2015 Sarah Markmann rated it really liked it
Its an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World by Paula Danziger is about two girls named Rosie and Phoebe have been very close friends for a long time. Rosie's mother and Phoebe's dad fall in love and end up moving in together. Though they were all a family now they began to realize that them being friends and them being sisters weren't necessarily the same thing. Overall I enjoyed reading this book, because it was interesting to see how the relationship between Rosie and Phoebe had altered throughout this b ...more
Melody
May 19, 2012 Melody rated it it was ok
Another Issue Book. Well written but not particularly engaging to the middle-aged person. It might just be me, though. There were bits that were clever and fun, but Phoebe didn't ring true to me at all in this installment. The whipsawing of emotions in adolescence, sure, I buy that. But the picking up and moving multiple times? I find that less creditable. And the dad's too saintly by half.

Annalisa
May 01, 2008 Annalisa rated it liked it
Fun for teenage girls.
Erin
Jan 18, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I have only a vague memory of reading THE DIVORCE EXPRESS, and I didn't remember these characters. Typical Danziger, which isn't ever a bad thing!
Teri
Mar 07, 2011 Teri rated it liked it
An average story about a girls mom marrying her best friends dad. Kind of Dull.
Barbara
Sep 06, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it
I liked it. I like Rosie, but Phoebe becomes a serious grinch. Which okay life. But, kinda a drag.
Vani Kannan
Vani Kannan rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2009
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Brandy Crites
Brandy Crites rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
Clare Hollowell
Clare Hollowell rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Naum
Naum rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2008
Lauren Turner
Lauren Turner rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Melanie Donovan
Melanie Donovan rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2007
Aighmi*
Aighmi* rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2007
Marcie
Marcie rated it liked it
May 19, 2010
Tracey Gaertner slodowski
Tracey Gaertner slodowski rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Bezukhova
Bezukhova rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Laura Seaman
Laura Seaman rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Perpetua
Perpetua rated it really liked it
May 24, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Dear Lovey Hart, I Am Desperate
  • My First Love and Other Disasters (Victoria Martin, #2)
  • Taking Terri Mueller
  • Life Without Friends (Friends, #2)
  • The Mall
  • Gimme a Kiss
  • Losing Joe's Place
  • The Girl in the Box
  • How Do You Lose Those Ninth Grade Blues?
  • Secrets of the Shopping Mall
  • Goggle-Eyes
  • Baby-Sitting Is a Dangerous Job
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...