It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What could be better? Rosie and Phoebe have been best friends since they met on the divorce express, shuttling between their parents on weekends.
Now Rosie's mom and Phoebe's dad have fallen in love and they're all moving in together. Rosie has always dreamed of having a real family, but having Phoebe as a sister and having Phoebe as a friend are two very different things.
A...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Puffin Books (first published February 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World

The Horse's Mouth by Joyce CaryA Division of the Spoils by Paul ScottThe Day of the Scorpion by Paul ScottThe Best of Philip K. Dick by Philip K. DickLiberty or Death by David        Cook
REALLY Underrated Books (Fewer than 1,000 Ratings)
417th out of 2,964 books — 1,111 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardThe Cider House Rules by John IrvingLove in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcí­a MárquezLonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Best Books of 1985
79th out of 128 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristina
I wish I'd known about this book when I was a kid because it would have been the only one about a mixed girl I'd ever encountered. Womp womp.
Arshia Zehra
Having a family doesn't mean that everything is going to be easy and all the family members will get long.It means that although you have problems you are willing to work them out in order to be a family.

Rosie learns this the hard way. Phoebe was a little self-centered but I feel bad for her. She had to go through so many changes in her life and adjusting is not easy.

Rosie had a lot of high expectations. She thought that all the families are like the perfect families that are shown in movies....more
Mollie
I thought this books was quite good but I wouldn't rush to read it again or recommend it to others
Melody
Another Issue Book. Well written but not particularly engaging to the middle-aged person. It might just be me, though. There were bits that were clever and fun, but Phoebe didn't ring true to me at all in this installment. The whipsawing of emotions in adolescence, sure, I buy that. But the picking up and moving multiple times? I find that less creditable. And the dad's too saintly by half.

Erin
I have only a vague memory of reading THE DIVORCE EXPRESS, and I didn't remember these characters. Typical Danziger, which isn't ever a bad thing!
Teri
An average story about a girls mom marrying her best friends dad. Kind of Dull.
Annalisa
Fun for teenage girls.
Tzivi
Tzivi marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Bethany Kreklow
Bethany Kreklow marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Tania
Tania added it
Jun 10, 2014
Polly
Polly added it
May 17, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Amalia: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #9)
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • Spring Break (Sweet Valley High Super Edition, #3)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Dance (Final Friends, #2)
  • The Borning Room
  • Goggle-Eyes
  • On the Fringe
  • Life Without Friends (Friends, #2)
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil...more
More about Paula Danziger...
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1) Amber Brown Goes Fourth The Pistachio Prescription