DOCTORS WHO KILLED: Harold Shipman, Marcel Petiot, Michael Swango, H.H. Holmes, John Bodkin Adams (True Crime Files)

DOCTORS WHO KILLED: Harold Shipman, Marcel Petiot, Michael Swango, H.H. Holmes, John Bodkin Adams (Serial Killers #3)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This book captures the stories of five doctors who have killed their patients, including, Harold Shipman, Marcel Petiot, Michael Swango, H.H. Holmes, and John Bodkin Adams. It is amazing that these people chose a profession to help save lives, but preferred to kill.

Is it not their job to curtail suffering and death? We sometimes put our lives in the hands of doctors, trust...more
Published August 26th 2012 by True Crime Publishing (first published December 1st 2011)

Jud (Disney Diva)
A very interesting read.
Kat
I figured I might as well finish the book since I had already bought it, despite my not liking another book by the same "Author" (WOMEN WHO KILL - Serial Killers).

There were only a few cases in there, say some 4 or 5, and similar to the other book I read - the author is either highly judgementally opinionated, or, he didn't really write the book.

The writing would seem very inconsistent. Some parts were facts, with intermittent comments here and here.

One particular thing that popped out to me was...more
LaGina
The author gives a look into the mind of someone who has sworn to heal and protect the sick but soes the opposite. The serial killer profile break down was a nice touch.
C Spencer
I listened to this book on Audible - only to discover it is a complete rip off - it is drawn word for word from Wikipedia 's descriptions of each doctor.

While it is possible the Wiki authors drew from the book, and not vice versa- it is unlikely. Sources cited in the wiki sites do not include the book, but do include numerous other sources.

An interesting take on what we consider as original works these days.
Kizzle
Concise and informative. Gave me chills. Explored how in many cases there was ample opportunities for these killers to be caught or at least loose their licence. Just shows our deep societal trust and respect for this profession and how a small few took advantage of this for their own warped agenda. This is good value when bought in the boxed set. Wouldn't recommend reading it in the dr's waiting room like I did!!
In true RJ Parker style this book gives you the truth of what these doctors did to innocent people and how they were discovered and punished. This as all of RJ's books is well researched and tells the truth without offering any excues for the monsters who comment such horrible acts.
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
This is the 4th book of his I've read...

All I can day is if you weren't paranoid when you started reading this, you sure as heck will be when your done! Should have a warning lable "Do not read if paranoid" lololol... Glad my dr saved my life once... Or..... Great job!...more
Michael Mcparland
Michael Mcparland marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
Mar 12, 2014
Rachel Mitchell
Rachel Mitchell marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Cärpë Diem
Cärpë Diem marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Mitzi
Mitzi marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Stella Maris
Stella Maris marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Internationally acclaimed #1 bestselling and award-winning author RJ Parker is most well known for his books, TOP CASES of The FBI (Winner of the World Book Awards 2012), Unsolved Serial Killings and Women Who Kill. He has seven true crime books available in eBook, paperback and audiobook formats and his new book, Killer Kids will be released in January 2013.

Canadian Author RJ Parker was born and...more
More about R.J. Parker...
Serial Killer Series (Serial Killers #1-4) CASE CLOSED: Serial Killers Captured Unsolved Serial Killings Women Who Kill Top Cases of the FBI