Start by marking “Doctors Who Killed (True Crime Library RJPP, #15)” as Want to Read:
Doctors Who Killed (True Crime Library RJPP, #15)

Doctors Who Killed (True Crime Library RJPP #15)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This book captures the stories of five doctors who have killed their patients, including, Harold Shipman, Marcel Petiot, Michael Swango, H.H. Holmes, and John Bodkin Adams. It is amazing that these people chose a profession to help save lives, but preferred to kill.

Is it not their job to curtail suffering and death? We sometimes put our lives in the hands of doctors, trust
Published August 26th 2012 by True Crime Publishing (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctors Who Killed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctors Who Killed

Jud (Disney Diva)
A very interesting read.
Kat
I figured I might as well finish the book since I had already bought it, despite my not liking another book by the same "Author" (WOMEN WHO KILL - Serial Killers).

There were only a few cases in there, say some 4 or 5, and similar to the other book I read - the author is either highly judgementally opinionated, or, he didn't really write the book.

The writing would seem very inconsistent. Some parts were facts, with intermittent comments here and here.

One particular thing that popped out to me was
Paula
This was a compilation of 5 doctors who killed their patients for years before finally getting caught. For such a short book I thought the stories were put together well and kept my interest.
LaGina
The author gives a look into the mind of someone who has sworn to heal and protect the sick but soes the opposite. The serial killer profile break down was a nice touch.
C Spencer
I listened to this book on Audible - only to discover it is a complete rip off - it is drawn word for word from Wikipedia 's descriptions of each doctor.

While it is possible the Wiki authors drew from the book, and not vice versa- it is unlikely. Sources cited in the wiki sites do not include the book, but do include numerous other sources.

An interesting take on what we consider as original works these days.
Kizzle
Concise and informative. Gave me chills. Explored how in many cases there was ample opportunities for these killers to be caught or at least loose their licence. Just shows our deep societal trust and respect for this profession and how a small few took advantage of this for their own warped agenda. This is good value when bought in the boxed set. Wouldn't recommend reading it in the dr's waiting room like I did!!
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
I love reading books like this and it certainly didn't disappoint! reading all the different cases and theories will make broaden your mind and the way you think. A good short story especially for journeys, it is very well written.
In true RJ Parker style this book gives you the truth of what these doctors did to innocent people and how they were discovered and punished. This as all of RJ's books is well researched and tells the truth without offering any excues for the monsters who comment such horrible acts.
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
This is the 4th book of his I've read...

All I can day is if you weren't paranoid when you started reading this, you sure as heck will be when your done! Should have a warning lable "Do not read if paranoid" lololol... Glad my dr saved my life once... Or..... Great job!
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Molly Hayden
Molly Hayden marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Chase Bales
Chase Bales marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Fiona
Fiona added it
Jan 04, 2015
Chris Rew
Chris Rew marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Jatinder Singh
Jatinder Singh is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2014
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Annette Youngblood
Annette Youngblood marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Satu
Satu marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Internationally acclaimed #1 bestselling and award-winning author RJ Parker is most well known for his books, TOP CASES of The FBI (Winner of the World Book Awards 2012), Unsolved Serial Killings and Women Who Kill. He has seven true crime books available in eBook, paperback and audiobook formats and his new book, Killer Kids will be released in January 2013.

Canadian Author RJ Parker was born and
More about R.J. Parker...

True Crime Library RJPP (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Beyond Sticks and Stones: Bullying and Cyberbullying (True Crime Library RJPP, #2)
  • Parents Who Killed Their Children: Filicide (True Crime Library RJPP, #3)
  • The Serial Killer Compendium
  • Missing Wives, Missing Lives (True Crime Library RJPP, #5)
  • Serial Killers Case Files (True Crime Library RJPP, #7)
  • Cold Blooded Killers (True Crime Library RJPP, #8)
  • Women Who Kill (True Crime Library RJPP, #9)
  • Unsolved Serial Killings (True Crime Library RJPP, #10)
  • Serial Killers Abridged (True Crime Library RJPP, #11)
  • Top Cases of the FBI (True Crime Library RJPP, #12)
Parents Who Killed Their Children: Filicide (True Crime Library RJPP, #3) Serial Killer Series (Serial Killers #1-4) CASE CLOSED: Serial Killers Captured (True Crime Library RJPP, #14) Unsolved Serial Killings (True Crime Library RJPP, #10) Women Who Kill (True Crime Library RJPP, #9)