Start by marking “Doctors Who Killed” as Want to Read:
Doctors Who Killed

Doctors Who Killed

This book captures the stories of five doctors who have killed their patients, including, Harold Shipman, Marcel Petiot, Michael Swango, H.H. Holmes, and John Bodkin Adams. It is amazing that these people chose a profession to help save lives, but preferred to kill.

Is it not their job to curtail suffering and death? We sometimes put our lives in the hands of doctors, trust
Published August 26th 2012 by True Crime Publishing (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctors Who Killed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctors Who Killed

Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 26/08/2012
Author: R.J Parker
Recommended for: fans of true crime
Edition: Kindle

I found this short book (74 pages) on the Kindle Store for free and it looked really interesting.
This book features alot of famour cases of doctors that have killed their patients the people that are meant to be there to help them. The cases are looked at in detail (some in rather vivid detail) and they show you some parts that the media didn't want you to know, they follow the cases closely right to the end
Jud (Disney Diva)
Dec 20, 2011 Jud (Disney Diva) rated it liked it
A very interesting read.
Kat
Dec 18, 2012 Kat rated it did not like it
I figured I might as well finish the book since I had already bought it, despite my not liking another book by the same "Author" (WOMEN WHO KILL - Serial Killers).

There were only a few cases in there, say some 4 or 5, and similar to the other book I read - the author is either highly judgementally opinionated, or, he didn't really write the book.

The writing would seem very inconsistent. Some parts were facts, with intermittent comments here and here.

One particular thing that popped out to me was
Kizzle
Jan 24, 2013 Kizzle rated it it was amazing
Concise and informative. Gave me chills. Explored how in many cases there was ample opportunities for these killers to be caught or at least loose their licence. Just shows our deep societal trust and respect for this profession and how a small few took advantage of this for their own warped agenda. This is good value when bought in the boxed set. Wouldn't recommend reading it in the dr's waiting room like I did!!
C Spencer
Aug 21, 2012 C Spencer rated it did not like it
I listened to this book on Audible - only to discover it is a complete rip off - it is drawn word for word from Wikipedia 's descriptions of each doctor.

While it is possible the Wiki authors drew from the book, and not vice versa- it is unlikely. Sources cited in the wiki sites do not include the book, but do include numerous other sources.

An interesting take on what we consider as original works these days.
Jan 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
In true RJ Parker style this book gives you the truth of what these doctors did to innocent people and how they were discovered and punished. This as all of RJ's books is well researched and tells the truth without offering any excues for the monsters who comment such horrible acts.
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
Mar 26, 2012 Newbee (JoAnn) Brown rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book of his I've read...

All I can day is if you weren't paranoid when you started reading this, you sure as heck will be when your done! Should have a warning lable "Do not read if paranoid" lololol... Glad my dr saved my life once... Or..... Great job!
Paula
Feb 27, 2015 Paula rated it liked it
This was a compilation of 5 doctors who killed their patients for years before finally getting caught. For such a short book I thought the stories were put together well and kept my interest.
LaGina
Mar 19, 2014 LaGina rated it really liked it
The author gives a look into the mind of someone who has sworn to heal and protect the sick but soes the opposite. The serial killer profile break down was a nice touch.
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Ryann Barker
Ryann Barker rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Tami Olson
Tami Olson rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2016
Barry Hill
Barry Hill rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Ummia Gina
Ummia Gina rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
bettina and timothy ireland
bettina and timothy ireland rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Vicky Carruth
Vicky Carruth rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Lance
Lance rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Debby Marengo
Debby Marengo rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Rena
Rena rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2012
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Deb Allen
Deb Allen rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2013
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Laurie Cameron
Laurie Cameron rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Marilyn Crawford
Marilyn Crawford rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Linda_AZ
Linda_AZ rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Cyndi Barnier
Cyndi Barnier rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
karen long
karen long rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
RJ Parker, P.Mgr., MCrim, is an award winning and bestselling true crime author and co-owner with his daughters of RJ Parker Publishing. Inc. He has written 17 true crime books, available in eBook, paperback and audiobook editions, and have sold in over 100 countries. He holds Certifications in Serial Crime and Criminal Profiling.

ALL Paperbacks under RJ Parker Publishing are in the KINDLE MATCHBOO
More about R.J. Parker...