Start by marking “The Ernie and Bert Book (Golden Super Shape Book)” as Want to Read:
The Ernie and Bert Book (Golden Super Shape Book)

The Ernie and Bert Book (Golden Super Shape Book)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Published January 1st 1977 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ernie and Bert Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ernie and Bert Book

Uriah
One of my favorite books as a child. I'm glad I can share it with my daughter. She gets very excited and thinks the story is hilarious as Ernie continues to find new places to put things.
Steffany
My mother always refused to read this book to my sister and me, calling it "silly." Thus, it became one of our favorite books.
Nancy
This is another of the books I read to my boys when they were young children. It reminds me of the song, "There's a hole in the bucket" Erine comes into the room and puts a pot on Bert's head. Bert asks why he put the pot on his head, which starts Erine on his silly explanations of why he put different things into other containers. This is a fun book to read to young children. I brought children's books out to read to my grandchildren.
Allan Chow
Every single time I look into an existing feature/function/process at work, I feel like I'm Bert in this book.

It's a long trail of "well, you see, Bert" until you find out that it's a huge web of pain that needs to be fixed, one thing at a time.

I love this book so much, it's not even funny.

For those of you thinking that it's based off a sketch, you're right! Here's the youtube link:

Cat
This was my absolute favorite book when I was little!
Alyssa Calhoun
Another of my favorite books of all time. I reference it often, and tell people to "put a pot on your head" when things are lost and going in a roundabout fashion. I wish I could find a copy to buy--its out of print!
Alicia Krauchuk Fenton
I belive this was based off the original Sesame Street sketch. Ernie gives Bert a pot to wear after explaining what happened to his cowboy hat. It all starts with the breaking of a piggy bank. Funny.
Lauren
Oh my gosh! I love this book! It's one of my favorite kid's books! Our copy is like torn to shreds and really well-read, but I still enjoy reading it.
Heather
My daughters favorite book in the whole wide world - we read this at least once every night forwards & backwards...
Marie
A favorite childhood book. I've never forgotten it--Ernie's wacky logic still makes me smile.
Rachel Rizzo
Silly & delightful. Reminds me of growing up in the 80's. Makes a great read aloud.
Cheryll
Great book for young children! I always loved this book as a child. It's hilarious!
Kate Thompson
and reading and reading and reading
this book my need to be "lost" sometime soon
Olivia
Olivia added it
Feb 18, 2015
Kimber
Kimber added it
Feb 13, 2015
Matthew Porter
Matthew Porter marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Piper
Piper added it
Jan 11, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Cj Rogers
Cj Rogers marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Carrie Guipe
Carrie Guipe marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Youtube Video of the Sketch the book is based on 1 1 Dec 28, 2014 07:40AM
Elmo's Big Lift-And-look Book (Sesame Street) Big Joe's Trailer Truck I Am a Monster (A Golden/Sesame Street Sturdy Book) Grover's Little Red Riding Hood The Olden Days