Start by marking “Walker” as Want to Read:
Walker

Walker

Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Walker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walker

Ren Warom
Dec 10, 2011 Ren Warom rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
It's rare to read a book that combines knowledgeable information about spiritual subject matter with a gripping story. They can end up preachy or plain boring. This is neither.

Hunter McKenzie is a boy lost. Then he loses everything in a terrible accident, during which he dies and then, by some inexplicable miracle, comes back to life. Losing everything brings him from his home in America to his Grandmother's house in Exmoor, where he finds that he'd lost far more than he ever dreamed. The knowl
Caro Ayre
Feb 24, 2012 Caro Ayre rated it really liked it
This Y/A novel was intriguing in the displacement of the young main character being out of his comfort zone in more ways than one. The description of the settings were superb. I would love to read a continuation of this story.
Traci
Aug 06, 2012 Traci rated it it was amazing
My biggest (and only) complaint about "Walker" is that the story ended far too soon! *grin* Hunter and Rowan quickly became my friends(well, friends of the perpetual teenager that lives inside my head) and I wanted their adventure to continue on. Totally mesmerizing and authentic - I've done a small amount of "walking" myself, and those scenes in particular gave me goosebumps. I hope this is the start of a series!
Doug Bremner
Feb 16, 2012 Doug Bremner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
My 15-year-old son is reading this on his kindle and really likes it. It is about a teenage boy whose parents are killed in a car crash and he goes to live with his grandmother who literally lives in another world.
Kazza
Sep 25, 2013 Kazza rated it it was amazing
If you like fantasy, if you like some ghoulish moments, some touching moments, a good pace throughout and plenty of creatures and interesting beings. If you are interested in walking between plains, shamansim and spirituality, then there is a lot here for the reader. I know Walker is classified as a YA – the MC’s are fifteen - but it is a book for all ages.

I really liked how age-appropriate the dialogue was here. Both Hunter and Rowan spoke like teenagers. For a while the concept that Ruth just
Bev
Aug 17, 2012 Bev rated it really liked it
The sense of place in this book is completely charming. The land itself becomes another character, one you care about just as much as the two young heroes. This is an atmospheric read, one full of interest and wonder.
Zoe
Sep 02, 2012 Zoe rated it it was amazing
a must read - cant wait for the sequel
Supaelite
Supaelite rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Alison Cubitt
Alison Cubitt rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Ian Cook
Ian Cook rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it did not like it
May 31, 2014
K.C.
K.C. rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Liz Stevens
Liz Stevens rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Paul Freeman
Paul Freeman rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Lizzy
Lizzy is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2012
Catherine MacLeod
Catherine MacLeod marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Jane Alexander
Aug 17, 2012 Jane Alexander added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Curtis Sorenson
Curtis Sorenson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Alison Bunn
Alison Bunn marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Leslie Kaster
Leslie Kaster marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2016
I am the author of over twenty books on natural health, holistic living and spirituality. I am passionate about seasonal living, fitness, yoga, meditation, dreamwork and shamanism.

I am lucky enough to live in a beautiful and wild part of the UK, surrounded by nature.
More about Jane Alexander...