Eerie Queerie!, Volume 1 (Eerie Queerie!, #1)

Eerie Queerie!, Volume 1 (Eerie Queerie! #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,398 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Mitsuo Shiozu seems to be particularly attractive to spirits. His mind and body are taken over in succession by two female ghosts who use their incorporation to resolve something left undone by their untimely deaths...gender-bending hi-jinks ensue...
Published March 9th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published March 1999)

Junjo Romantica, Volume 1 by Shungiku NakamuraTotally Captivated, Volume 1 by Hajin YooFinder, Volume 1 by Ayano YamaneLoveless, Volume 1 by Yun KougaThe Crimson Spell, Volume 1 by Ayano Yamane
Yaoi / Shounen Ai / BL Manga
23rd out of 451 books — 458 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
113th out of 427 books — 296 voters

More lists with this book...

Viridian5
It's not uncommon for me to peruse manga with names that make my teeth clench, but I couldn't pass up the concept: high school kid's life becomes very complicated when he finds out that he can see ghosts and they can possess him. And so far he has a talent for drawing in girl ghosts, which in one case leads to him confessing "his" love for a guy in front of the entire school. Which leads to him being harrassed. And to some unexpected friendships....

I'm definitely checking out Vol. 2 when it come...more
Jen
Dec 20, 2008 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: glbt, manga
My first piece of advice: ignore the blurb. This is a very cute manga, but it really has nothing to do with the blurb.

EERIE QUEERIE Vol. 1 is cute and sweet, and extremely mild, so this is a great introductory manga for newbies to the genre that might want to start with something soft. The most explicit scene involves nothing more than a hug and a chaste kiss on the cheek. I prefer harder yaoi, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

The drawings are cute. The plot is a little confusing...more
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Its been a long time since I've read manga, and this sort of tumbled into my bookshelf. I love the different ways there are to show emotions in manga, the cloud of anger coming out of the nose, the dark flush on the cheeks and nose for excitement, the cartoonish quality to indicate anger or extreme reactions, and the realistic qualities or dark shadowing to show seriousness. Such a bounty of great ideas for drawing! So much to learn!! So much to see! This is a cute series too, that sneakily cove...more
Chibineko
Rarely have I liked & continued to like a series such as this one. Even the best of series will usually get old after a few readings, but no so with this series!

The series surrounds Mitsuo & his misadventures as he discovers that he's just psychic enough to see ghosts, as well as to be posessed by them. The first one he finds ends up posessing him to be near her crush Hasunuma, who also attends the same school as Mitsuo. Hasunuma, however, seems to have designs on Mitsuo...

I thoroughly...more
Edwin
The first volume of this series introduces a unique concept that makes for a humorous and awkward setting. The main character of the story just stumbled upon the fact that he is able to see ghosts. The ghosts, taken notice of this decide to take over his body to perform their last wishes in life. Cue in some humor, he is always possessed by girls or women that have some unresolved business with a male character – usually in the love department. Because of this, the main character’s life quickly...more
emily_oriley
Okay, um, wow, so many things to comment. I can't imagine anybody living such a sheltered life that they don't understand basic sociology. Mitsuo is just so completely naive that it's kinda annoying. And Hasunuma... shame on you. I love you to death but even you gotta feel guilty about some of these "no, no, friends totally do this" moments. And poor Ichi -so much like Nakatsu from Hana Kimi. This isn't a profound manga that'll change the world and alter our reality forever but damn if it isn't...more
Leila Anani
Mitsuo is a teen medium. His body gets possessed by a female ghost who has a crush on a boy in his class. Things become awkward when Hasunmura agrees to a date with Mitsuo, unaware of the fact that our hero is really posessed by a ghost. The rest of this series never quite seemed to live up to its first volume. But I love the plot of this first book and the artwork's lovely. Really cute.
Jacqui Geisel
It's a fairly cute and entertaining manga, but unfortunately every time it comes to mind I can't help but think "Seriously, what's up with the English-language release's name?" I mean, I know the original Japanese title of "Ghost!" would be pretty generic to an English-speaking audience, but couldn't they have changed it to something a bit less silly that "Eerie Queerie"?
Jenn
A light-hearted manga with (very, very mild) shounen-ai overtones. It took me a bit to get used to the art, but Shiozu-sensei's does a good job. I really liked the omake, though, which was a short-but-sweet story about an overprotective neesan. Not to mention the omake following that..Chibi!Mitsuo = completely-adorable.
Mel
This is probably one of the lighter mangas that grace my shelf. this first volume suffers none of the craziness the later volumes do. It's sweet, funny and a nice storyline with just enough fanservice (too much turns me off a manga). If your looking for something light and easy to read give this series a go!
Christine
Interesting... I feel bad for Mitsuo, having his body possessed on a ghost's whim, but look at all the friends he's collecting! (Friends that just want to touch him without a shirt on. Hah)
Ericka the kind slytherin annamarie
this series was not at all what i expected it to be. the chracters in the book change so much by the 2nd book but the story is still very funny and i have re-read it several times :)
Ashley
The best word to describe Eerie Queerie (God, I really wish they'd kept the Japanese title--"Ghost") is "cute." There's no sort of "wow" factor to it, but it's a fun, four-volume read.
Skoora
Jan 23, 2009 Skoora rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: yaoi
Lots of fun. I enjoy possession stories and Mistuo is adorably clueless. I look forward to seeing where the rest of the series leads. ^_^
Grace
I really like this manga. The drawing style isn't particularly my favourite but I can learn to get over that.
Zaa
Its funny but it wasn't my cup of tea. Not quite fond with the artwork.
Jody Mena
Cute and funny, I didn't stop laughing the entire time!
Reetta Saine
Interesting gender-blender -manga.
Paul
Its silly plot but that makes it fun.
Karla
Kirra
Kirra added it
Jul 27, 2014
Cassandra Hill
Cassandra Hill marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sunday
Sunday marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
  • Gravitation, Volume 03
  • Our Everlasting, Volume 01
  • Little Butterfly, Vol. 01
  • Demon Diary, Vol. 02
Eerie Queerie!, Volume 2 (Eerie Queerie!, #2) Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4) Eerie Queerie!, Volume 3 (Eerie Queerie!, #3) 君よ誘惑するなかれ [Kimi Yo Yūwakusuru Nakare]