Start by marking “Married By Mistake (Harlequin Superromance)” as Want to Read:
Married By Mistake (Harlequin Superromance)

Married By Mistake (Harlequin Superromance)

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  9,901 Ratings  ·  652 Reviews
Do not adjust your set. That really was Casey Greene being jilted by her fiancé on live TV! And that really was Memphis's most eligible bachelor who stepped in to marry her instead.

Millionaire businessman Adam Carmichael wanted only to help Casey save face. He isn't prepared for the news that their "fake" wedding is legal and binding.

While they secretly wait for an annul

Format Kindle
Published (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Married By Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married By Mistake

Vina
Oct 03, 2014 Vina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 persons who got married by mistake, and fall in love while waiting for the annulment? YES please!
Totally enjoyed this story.it was a short, fun, romantic one. Despite being predictable and a bit cheesy I had a hard time putting it down. The characters were lovable and easy to relate to. I was not disappointed in it's ending despite seeing it coming a mile away. The author gave me just what I wanted when I picked up the book, a fast paced & fun love story.
Maritza
Aug 20, 2012 Maritza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the cutest book! It literally made me laugh out loud as I read it.....this book should be a movie it's the perfect rom-com. I could see Josh Duhamel as Adam and Rachel McAdams as Casey...or even Ashton Kutcher with Katherine Heigel....very good storyline and I couldn't put it down....Good Job Abby Gaines!
Dijana
Sep 27, 2012 Dijana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Dijana by: Kindle freebies
Oh dear! Who wouldn't want to live in this book? Let me make clear some things: the plot is original as a mass produced Gucci bag that comes from a country in Asia with population of over 1.3 billion people.
Now that we got that out of the way, the rules are:
1. You have to be almost virginal
2. You have to be pretty, slender and wear hip hugging skirts/dresses
3. You have to have the personality of a doormat (so your family can send you on regular guilt trips)
4. The guy will start falling for you a
April
Dec 26, 2011 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Freebie from Harlequin, and a cute book. The reality show angle doesn't really work well for me, though, because it decreases the believability of the situation and because I have a very strong feeling that only the worst types of people sign up for that sort of thing. It's a clever way to get two almost complete strangers to be married by mistake, though; the hero, to save the heroine from public humiliation, agrees to "marry" her when her boyfriend turns down her live televised marriage propos ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Casey is a participant on a new tv-show, she has been engaged for many years and she wants her man to take the final step. So she plans for it to happen on live tv, not the best idea because the guy says no and she stands there all alone and heartbroken. She had doubts herself. In steps the owner, Adam, he met her before when he thought she was a runaway bride. He decided to marry her on the show and she says yes. But the marriage he thought would be fake is not and they are married. No way it c ...more
Cathy (cathepsut)
A freebie from Harlequin Superromance. Not my usual fare, but I needed a change. The usual, predictable storyline. Goodlooking girl, not too bright, not a lot of money, meets gorgeous, assertive and most eligible millionaire. They accidentally get married and decide to stay that way, at least for a while, to get their annoying families off their backs. They have the usual misunderstandings, ups and downs and shenanigans to eventually meander towards that expected ending.

A quick and surprisingly
Kesha
Jan 14, 2015 Kesha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute and romantic read. Its a Harlequin but the hero, Adam, is not an asshole but he does make some mistakes and say the wrong things a couple of times. The heroine, Casey, is not a virgin but she is a complete pushover when it comes to her father and sister.
Suzie Quint
I enjoyed this. Marriage of convenience is on of my favorite tropes but it's easy to mess it up with a set-up of unbelievable circumstances. I bought this. I liked the couple a lot.

My favorite part? When he says, "Are you sure you're a pushover? Because I'm not seeing it."
Nitzan Schwarz
2015 tbr challenge

Originally published on my blog.

I am not going to lie - I was surprised by how much I liked this book. Married By Mistake was one of the first kindle freebies I one clicked (though it's no longer free). I'm talking about 2012 here. It's been sitting on my shelf for that long, until finally, due to my Oldies Challenge, I decided to give it a read.

I wasn't expecting much. It sounded cute, but nothing else. I'm not sure if it was anything but cute, but it was just so...enjoyab
Leona
Oct 14, 2012 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
This was a very cute read, but at times a bit too sweet for my taste. The story opens when the heroine, Casey, decides to go on a TV reality show to get her reluctant fiancé, Joe, to finally marry her. Seems like Casey is a bit desperate to marry Joe and he seems to be dragging his feet on his way to the HEA. Unfortunately, Joe refuses Casey on the air and she get's jilted in front of thousands of people.

Adam who owns the studio decides to step in to help her save face as well as potentially avo
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

Married by Mistake is about 25 year-old Casey who went on reality TV to get her longtime boyfriend to finally marry her. Casey was only settling for Joe. First because they have been together for 8 years and this is what you're suppose to do next and second to get away from her family who treats her more like a nanny/housekeeper then a grown woman. Joe turns her down, breaks her heart but TV executive Adam is there. He sees a beautiful women gett
Dianne
Aug 24, 2012 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is what I absolutely adore about books from this line--you expect cute, sexy, funny and well written and that is EXACTLY what you get. Well almost always!

I have to tell you that lately nothing I pick up to read has been holding my interest, let alone amusing me. So I held out little hope for this book. I have this stubborn streak that says 'if it is cheap or free it can't be good'. Don't ask me why I feel that way -I guess I'm just brainwashed. And this book proves me wrong on all counts.

I
May Abbey
Dec 01, 2012 May Abbey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over all, this was a charming read. I won't go in detail of the story because you can find that elsewhere, but I will give you my impressions of the characters and likability of it all.

I liked that Casey was sweet and giving. Too often in today's literature, the heroine is bad a** and unrealistically emotionless. The hero also was manly yet a little vulnerable which I liked. They both helped each other grow into a more rounded person.

The side love story, between two older characters, brought a s
Sruthi
Very Good . 4.5

I must admit this is very different and far better than any other routine Harlequin presents , of course the happy ending is the same .

I never expected this book to be hilarious , Never , I was expecting some intimate scenes followed by misunderstandings and then a happy ending . But this totally surprised me . The honeymoon part especially was really hilarious .

There is no past that haunt them . No ghosts from past at least . I enjoyed really really enjoyed reading this book . I
Katherine 黄爱芬
Bagaimana jika pernikahan bohongan malah menjadi sungguhan? Inilah yg dialami Casey Greene dan Adam Carmichael. Karena kasihan dan saking impulsifnya, Adam melamar dan menikahi Casey di acara reality show.

Novel ini sebenarnya di awal cerita menjanjikan potensi. Tapi ternyata konflik cuma berkisar pd isu "pemerasan emosional" yg sering dihadapi Casey dan keruwetan ttg permasalahan surat wasiat dari almarhum ayah Adam. Fokus cerita ternyata bukan hanya mengenai Adam dan Casey, tapi jg relationshi
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Another book to throw on the "Don't Bother" pile. I read this right after reading Waking Up Married, and I wish I could say they were distinctly different, but the truly horrifying thing is, they aren't. The same corny humor, the same emotionally crippled characters, the same adjective-fueled platitudes, the same nauseating dialogue, contrived plot devices, and tired, unaccountably boring story. It would truly be refreshing if even one of these authors could throw in a single twist to set these ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book can be summed up in one word.

Cute

While I enjoyed reading this little story, to me it was like the book equivalent of a marshmallow. While it tasted good, it didn't leave me satisfied. I found myself not really caring much about what happened to the characters. Sure, I wanted the happy ending but I wasn't emotionally invested in the couple.

Overall, it was a nice story for a free e-book but if I had payed for it, it would be 2 stars for sure.
Nenette
A cute and rather funny story with an all-star cast: Merlinus and the four Hogwarts founders and a host of fairy tale characters plus Santa Claus himself! Short yet interesting and it poses the question of how can Harry Potter be a descendant of Little Red Riding Hood?

A good in-between read :)
Beena Tabassum
A nice story... the guy and the girl got married in real by mistake on a reality show..... waiting for their annulment, the eventually fall in love.... and a happy ever after
Desty
Casey memutuskan untuk mempercepat pernikahannya dengan Joe, kekasihnya, lewat sebuah acara Kiss The Bride. Sebenarnya Casey tidak yakin, tapi inilah satu-satunya cara agar dia bisa keluar dari rumahnya dan melanjutkan karirnya sebagai penulis. Namun Joe menolaknya di acara yang ditayangkan langsung oleh televisi itu. Casey shock ketika Joe meninggalkannya di panggung. Beruntung, Adam, pemilik stasiun TV menyelamatkannya. Dia melamar Casey dan menikahinya saat itu juga.

Adam melakukan itu semata-
Wendi
Sep 10, 2009 Wendi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for : Personal reading, take it on the plane, sneak it into your purse for those extra minutes you've got throughout the day, or cozy up in the corner of the couch with your favorite blanket and indulge yourself!

In a nutshell: From start to finish I LOVED this book, and I didn't want it to end. The book starts with the filming of a brand new reality show called Kiss the Bride, where brides are all dressed up and ready for their prospective husbands to propose, be officially married and h
Paige
Sep 21, 2012 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2012-books
MARRIED BY MISTAKE was a great read.

The characters were so opposite, but so similar that they connected in a way that I felt deeply while reading.

Adam Carmichael is at odds with his aunt and cousin over his father’s will since it cut his cousin Henry out of the family broadcasting company and requires Adam to be married by his thirtieth birthday.

On the day of Henry’s new show airing live where brides surprise their guy with marriage, he talks down the beautiful Casey Greene who is having seco
Sophia
May 23, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely one of those marriage stories that if it had been real would have been an impossible story to top.

Casey Greene gets rejected by her long time fiance on local TV, but this should have been no surprise because she admits to herself and that kind stranger before the show that she knew the relationship had gone flat. Casey has little time to feel humiliated because the handsome and kind stranger, Adam Carmichael, owner of the station swoops in and pretends to marry her to keep th
Sara
Zoe
Aug 20, 2012 Zoe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading about a third of the way through. I didn't resonate with any of the characters, and found the heroine, Casey, completely unrealistic. She was such a pushover that she was almost an invertebrate. You would have to imagine that she WOULD find a backbone by the end of the novel, but to think that she had lived two or three decades without one, and then amazingly find one in a month was a bit of a stretch. To some extent, she was insightful enough to realize that she was a pushover ...more
Sherrie
"Married by Mistake" by Abby Gaines

(from the back cover0
The bride wore a long white dress and a look of utter despair.......
Do not adjust your set. That really was Casey Greene being jilted by her fiance on live TV! And that really was Memphis's most eligible bachelor who stepped in to marry her instead.
While they secretly wait for an annulme
Amanda
Aug 21, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Why? Not only was it free, it was so off-the-wall. The set up of getting married on a reality show worked for me. The intricacies of Tennessee marriage law was great fun to look into, and shows just how flavorful the different states are. Back when I did taxes seasonally, I married a couple. According to Kansas state law, if you file a joint tax return, then you're common-law married. So, reading that someone who fills out a license and then can be married by any past coun ...more
Rough Draft Book Blog
Married by Mistake

IF IT’S WRONG, I DON’T WANNA BE RIGHT!!

Ok… so this is one of those freebies recommended by Free Romance ibooks on Facebook… and let me tell you… I was completely taken with this story… it tore on my heartstrings right from the very beginning… I mean seriously folks… how can you not be freaked out when a man basically leaves you at the alter! I was glad to see Adam step in even though he wasn’t sure what he was doing either…

This book was around 160 to 170 pages long (kindle vers
Sincere
Jan 14, 2014 Sincere rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was in my to-read shelf like forever but today I want to read about marriage without love so this book was picked

0nce upon a time there is pushover princess and cold-heart prince. they are married by mistake but then they gradually fell in lovewith each other . . . and lived happily together ever after.

This is sweet and very cute story of Adam and Casey.
Casey is very pushover. she is like to be depended on and feel needed.At first Casey was walking with disaster follow her everywhere a
Katelyn
Dec 07, 2012 Katelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was humorous but serious and realistic at the same time. I loved both of the characters, Adam and Casey. They were meant to be even if their marriage was spur of the moment. I liked the plot line although it could use more conflicts. The problems seemed to be resolved too easily sometimes.

In Married By Mistake, Casey Green goes on a reality TV expecting to surprise marry her fiancé. But when he rejects her proposal, Adam steps in to save the day... and the show th
The Free Book Cha...: Married by Mistake, by Abby Gaines 5 23 Jun 17, 2013 10:50AM
  • Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)
  • Passion to Die For
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Emergency: Wife Lost and Found
  • The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • Slow Hands
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Love, Lies & High Heels
  • The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1)
  • Boomerang Bride
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Pillow Talk, #3)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • Snowbound
  • Love Regifted
  • Within Reach
I write funny, tender romance novels for Harlequin Superromance and Love Inspired Historical.

My next book to be released is That New York Minute, out in April 2012.

I like to set aside some of my writing time for experimental projects - I'm currently trying my hand at a humorous women's fiction novel, and I also finished a Young Adult manuscript.

To find read excerpts of my books or to find out mo
More about Abby Gaines...

“Real love comes with strings you tie yourself.” 8 likes
“You know when two people are right together when wanting the other person keeps you awake at night.” 3 likes