Start by marking “Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht” as Want to Read:
Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht

Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht (The Iron Fey #3)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  70,269 ratings  ·  4,110 reviews
In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, age wise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognise myself.

I thought it wa
Kindle Edition
Published January 23rd 2012 by Heyne Verlag (first published January 1st 2011)

Jessica
So, this is it. Wow!

I can’t even begin to explain how much I loved this book. I know, this has been said many times before but I have to repeat it. This was epic!

The Iron Queen picks up right after Meghan and Ash were exiled and tells the story about Meghan’s last fight against the False Iron King and her attempt to save the Nevernever. This was an epic story about bravery, loyalty, friendship, true love as well as despair, loss and sacrifices.

All my beloved characters were back in this book. Gr
Krystle
Ah, I’ve finally come to the end of this series (sort of). It’s quite clear to me that I really am not a fan of Julie Kagawa’s writing style but I’m always hopeful. Sadly, I have resigned myself to believing that this is not going to change, not now and not ever.

There was nothing really offensive to me in this book as they were in the previous ones. The story moved at a decent enough clip, I suppose, though I find myself having to force myself to finish it because her prose is just so dry and bo
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

So... how the hell do i start this review???? Lemme see:
A long, long, time ago, in a fae land not so far away, nevernever was under an attack... Nope, sounds like
"Weird Al" Yankovic's song
.... So um ...... lemme see.... i know! With an interview!!

The guest of this interview today is the book "The Iron Queen", for short IQ.

IQ: So let's start from the beginning, shall we?

ME: Sure :D

IQ: So, for starters, how do you feel about me?

ME: You were amusing, fun and lovely book, but i
Kristi
If you have not read this series... please do! I am so very in love with it!

This installment was probably my favorite of the three.

I think one of my favorite parts of reading a series is watching the characters develop. And The Iron Fey series was an excellent example of that. Ash proved himself to be more than an ice cold heart, Puck's incessant mischief even gives way to seriousness and Meghan, once a insecure school girl, find courage beyond her means. It was powerful, I even cried... gooseb
Steph Sinclair

I.Am.Speechless.

This is easily one of the best series I have had the pleasure to read. I read all of the books back to back and let me tell you! Nothing ever prepared me for this epic adventure let alone the ending!

I struggled to actually sit and write a review for the first two books, because I was so caught upon the adventure. I knew there was no way I could write a review until I read all three of the books. So instead of just reviewing The Iron Queen, this will be an Iron Fey review. Got i
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N. in EPIC proportions!

BRILLIANT! I read the netgalley of The Iron Queen before the book was released (thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen!)... it was so good I immediately had to reread the series up to and including The Iron Queen again. I am still blown away! Julie Kagawa is a master story teller. She has the ability to paint the scene with her words and describe the characters so richly,
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

description

This book completely flipped my views on the characters, the plot, the concepts, etc. I cannot believe how much I Pucking love this book. (view spoiler) It's insane. The characters I used to think of as annoying, clingy, boring, and dull, NOW I LOVE THEM ALL! My excitement for these amazing, dynamic, brilliantly written characters is unfathomable. I don't know how I'm going to write this review. I feel like such a moron because organizatio
Kristi-The Book Faery
The Iron Queen is one of the best fantasy books I've had the pleasure to read. Julie Kagawa took me on a journey that I can only describe as fantastical. The characters are incredibly realistic; vivid and rich with depth and passion. The world she creates is described so minutely that you can visualize yourself with Meghan right down to the acrid smell of iron. The emotions the story evokes run the gamut. This is one powerful story that deserves the highest praise.

Ash and Meghan have been exile
Kim
The false king is still trying to take over the Nevernever and he needs one more thing to accomplish his goal: the power of the Iron King. The land is slowly getting poisoned, more and more fey are dying and something needs to be done soon.

Meghan Chase, Ash and Puck are still banished from their homes, but that will soon chance once Oberon and Mab realize they need their help to take down the false king. They come to an agreement: The trio will no longer be banished, if they can defeat the fals
Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘

Now,

I don't know if I'm in love or if I'm pissed. Oh well, I guess I can be both, right? RIGHT?

I don't know if I should rate it 4, 4.5, 5 stars. No. Idea.

Truth to be told, that was amazing. Meghan, Puck, Razor, Grim, Ash, and all the creepy little bugs and other creatures... You're full of flaws, infuriating, you made me laugh, swoon, yell, cry, hope, dream, smile. I hated you. I love you all.

This book is far from flawless, and contrary to many, that's not my favorite (nah, that's the first, I
~Tina~
The Iron Queen continues off the last time we saw Meghan and Ash. Exiled from Nevernever and into the mortal world. Everyday normal possibilities are discussed and maybe, just maybe Meg and Ash can live in peace. Yeah, if it was only that easy.
The False King is still after Meghan and will do everything in his power to have her, for she possesses the key that will give him total power over the Iron realm.
Join Meghan, daughter of the Summer king. Ash, her beloved and Winter prince. Puck, comical g
♥ Becky  22

Mini review: This book was epic; read it.

(!Minor Spoilers!)

Well, well, well, Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, we finally know your True Name.

Kidding, it's kinda cool actually. But I prefer Ash.

Let's talk about the whole Ash-being-Meghan's-knight thing. I want Meghan to be able to kick ass on her own, so I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about that at first.
I needn't have worried, though, because Meghan soon proved just how much she has grown since the first book. Who needs a knight when you're awesom
Colleen Houck
I knew it was coming but still was not prepared for the ending of this book. I love how it's all coming together. Puck just leaps off the page. The gremlins are so cute! This one is my favorite of the series so far. I adore Ash.
Isamlq
I enjoyed both Iron King and Iron Princess, but IRON QUEEN is definitely the clincher. As can be told from my waxing on an on about Ash (see below if you don’t mind spoilers,) I am a big fan of his: Initially, I was all for Puck, but events in Iron Princess and Iron Queen have turned me into a card carrying member of team Ash. Though he is a big reason for my loving the series, he is not the only reason. Another reason is the fact that I cried. Now, I cry at the drop of a hat, but the events in ...more
Saniya
Oh...my...GOD! :O
Face expression after reading this book:

This freaking book had so many twists and changes, I am still shocked right now. Its really hard for me to dissolve all the book, especially the ending, inside me, right now.
Things happened so quickly in this book, I was left with a shocked face in the end. Thus proving this book was total win.
Lemme just say this. The Iron Queen was full of epicness. (if thats even a word) And I just want the damn fourth book right now! xD

Things I loved
oliviasbooks
The third installment of my very favorite fairy and steampunk series featuring my favorite cat ever and the cutest Gremlin alive ... I loved The Iron King and just liked The Iron Daughter. The typical consequence following the law of paranormal trilogies would be that I tolerated The Iron Queen - for old times' sake. But no - I got to be surprised (although I sometimes feel so unsurprisable): In most parts I liked The Iron Queen almost as much as The Iron King and in some parts (i.e. the number ...more
Nic
Favourite Quote: "His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”

The Iron Fey series is one of my all time favourites. So I was extremely excited to get A
Danny
This.was.epic!!! Simply epic. Julia Kagawa wrote an incredible third book in the Iron Fey series. I laughed and I cried - a lot! And I devoured every second of this book.

Read Review at Bewitched Bookworms..

Iron Queen starts with Ash and Meghan being cast out of Nevernever and talking about what to do next. What live to life - a Fey and a Half Breed, what future could they have in the human world?

When they reach Meghan's home, she's scared since it's been a year she was home. We don't have to
Erika
It’s strange how a journey can change you, what you can learn from it.
~Meghan, The Iron Queen~

Meghan, wow... you grew up. I still wanted to smack you sometimes, but I loved you. You showed me how important it is to fight for what's yours. No matter what's the cost. I adored your courage and hope. You're not a 16 years old teenage girl anymore. You're 17 now, and you're a warrior.

This was my story, our story. I would find a way for us both to live, to be happy.

Ash, I'd thought I couldn’t love
Carolina Carriço
4.5 stars How I enjoyed this book! I’d say it’s my favourite so far, but I have my hopes up for the fourth book, because so far my big problem with these books is one single person. Meghan. God. How she annoys the crap out of me. In this book she was slightly better I have to give her that. At least she wasn’t crying every five pages as usual. That’s an improvement. But she still is one of the most annoying characters I read about so far.

Even though all that, this book was super awesome. My f
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
I learned that love can transcend race and time, and that it can be beautiful and perfect and worth fighting for but also fragile and heartbreaking, and sometimes sacrifice is necessary. That sometimes it's you against the world, and there are no easy answers. That you have to know when to hold on...and when to let go.

God. Damn. It. Damn you, Julie Kagawa! What. Was. THAT?! That is not one, but two, TWO series where she has literally (I DO MEAN LITERALLY) killed me with the endings at the piqu
Maria Snyder
I love this series and hope to have this book done by the time I meet Julie this weekend! I'm back from a wonderful weekend - met Julie Kagawa and Mara Purnhagen, fellow Harlequin Teen authors and we had two wonderful book signings!

I also finished Iron Queen on the plane ride home (it was a quick read). It was fantastic - the ending was tissue worthy, but there will be the Iron Knight from Ash's POV in November!! I can't wait.
Heidi
The Iron Queen

Five stars: The Iron Queen is the best book yet!

Meghan and Ash stumble out of the Nevernever; anxiously they look to find their way in the mortal world. Meghan stands on the threshold of her home, eagerly anticipating a family reunion and reemergence into her former life. Before she can knock on the door, the Iron Fey attack and Meghan and Ash are once again thrust into the conflict. They should have known they could not escape so easily. Reality slaps Meghan in the face, a moment
Melanie
Wow! This one was certainly the best in the series so far! I mean...

- Meghan has gotten more independent and gets much more mature. I like how she started getting lessons from Ash with a sword. She needed lessons ages ago.

- The romance in the first half was a little annoying but it was pretty good on whole. I'm not exactly sure which team I'm on now. :|

- Grim. AHHH love him!

- Puck and Ash's banter was certainly something. Pretty entertaining.
Freadom Booktube (Sara)
Critically
Plot - 4.5 out of 5 stars
Really enjoyed this one, much more entertaining than the ones before it. It was action packed, filled with tension and mystery. The stakes were so very very high this time around and I didn't expect to have such an open ending.
Writing Style - 4 out of 5 stars
Simple and I am happy to say this time it did not have as many boring parts as the other books. Good descriptions, with nice and unexpected twists. There was something a bit predictable about it but the e
Brigid
Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

“Why are you here, Grim?”
“Is it not obvious?” Grimalkin yawned and looked at each of us in turn. “The same reason I am always here, human. To keep you from falling down a dark hole or wandering into a giant spider’s nest.”

No one in this book would’ve gotten an inch near the false king if it weren’t for this cat. No. One.

While Meghan has grown quite a bit in this book since the previous, I still remain that if Grim hadn’t saved her ass (repeatedly, mig
Erica (daydreamer)
Wow.
Oh Julie Kagawa, once again you manage to stun me with the absolute brilliance of your story. Your breathtaking, adrenaline rushing, swooning heartbreaking story. The Iron King and The Iron Daughter are amazing, but The Iron Queen blew me away. It was epic, a truly enlightening, action filled, intriguing novel, based upon fey stories of old, but built with the majestic world you created, one full of pain, longing, laughter, joy, anger. And nothing could have prepared me for the ending. The
Audrey (holes In My brain)
5/5 stars is RARE for me. that's how awesome this book was... my gosh, the ending!

full review can be found on my blog, holes In My brain

The Iron King: Hmm, this an interesting concept, fun plot, decent characters…
The Iron Daughter: Great action plot… love triangle? No thanks.
The Iron Queen: Oh my god, where have you been all my life??

Suffice to say, I loved The Iron Queen. Readers of my blog know that I don’t love books often. They will know that many, many, many things annoy me. Even tiny min
Kiki
Completely fascinating! These two words cannot, will not, sum up the inexplicable ride that thoroughly consumed me while reading the third book in The Iron Fey series. Beyond words! I am still shaken to my very core at the moment. Needless to say, I am utterly entranced by every single word of Julie Kagawa’s poetically well-written prose. All you faery fans and true Iron Fey series followers, this is the ultimate showdown in Meghan’s journey to self-discovery.

The Iron Queen opens with Meghan an
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - Restarting March 26th 2015 42 86 Jun 13, 2015 06:16AM
Iron realm 11 16 May 22, 2015 10:39PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 7 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 5 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 1 15 Feb 11, 2015 08:08AM
Bookworm Buddies: The Iron Queen - DONE 31 27 Jan 09, 2015 06:11AM
Hooked on Books : The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa 4 11 Dec 17, 2014 08:06PM
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.” 1572 likes
“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence."
-Ash”