Start by marking “Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht” as Want to Read:
Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht

Plötzlich Fee - Herbstnacht (The Iron Fey #3)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  83,088 Ratings  ·  4,514 Reviews
In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, age wise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognise myself.

I thought it wa
Published January 23rd 2012 by Heyne Verlag (first published January 25th 2011)

Jessica
So, this is it. Wow!

I can’t even begin to explain how much I loved this book. I know, this has been said many times before but I have to repeat it. This was epic!

The Iron Queen picks up right after Meghan and Ash were exiled and tells the story about Meghan’s last fight against the False Iron King and her attempt to save the Nevernever. This was an epic story about bravery, loyalty, friendship, true love as well as despair, loss and sacrifices.

All my beloved characters were back in this book. Gr
Krystle
Aug 06, 2010 Krystle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ah, I’ve finally come to the end of this series (sort of). It’s quite clear to me that I really am not a fan of Julie Kagawa’s writing style but I’m always hopeful. Sadly, I have resigned myself to believing that this is not going to change, not now and not ever.

There was nothing really offensive to me in this book as they were in the previous ones. The story moved at a decent enough clip, I suppose, though I find myself having to force myself to finish it because her prose is just so dry and bo
Simona Bartolotta
2.5

This is way better than the previous installment, but since some chapters, though not too many, just three or four, were so boring as to practically compel me to skim through more than actually read them, I can't honestly bring myself to rate this 3 stars.

“I wished that, for once, faery tales –real faery tales, not Disney fairy tales– would have a happy ending.”

I wished that too, but Meghan didn't die, so, adios happy ending. There'll be other occasions.

Okay, I'm usually not this harsh toward
Kristalia
Final rating: 4/5 stars

So... how the hell do i start this review???? Lemme see:
A long, long, time ago, in a fae land not so far away, nevernever was under an attack... Nope, sounds like
"Weird Al" Yankovic's song
.... So um ...... lemme see.... i know! With an interview!!

The guest of this interview today is the book "The Iron Queen", for short IQ.

IQ: So let's start from the beginning, shall we?

ME: Sure :D

IQ: So, for starters, how do you feel about me?

ME: You were amusing, fun and lovely book
Kristi
If you have not read this series... please do! I am so very in love with it!

This installment was probably my favorite of the three.

I think one of my favorite parts of reading a series is watching the characters develop. And The Iron Fey series was an excellent example of that. Ash proved himself to be more than an ice cold heart, Puck's incessant mischief even gives way to seriousness and Meghan, once a insecure school girl, find courage beyond her means. It was powerful, I even cried... gooseb
Steph Sinclair

I.Am.Speechless.

This is easily one of the best series I have had the pleasure to read. I read all of the books back to back and let me tell you! Nothing ever prepared me for this epic adventure let alone the ending!

I struggled to actually sit and write a review for the first two books, because I was so caught upon the adventure. I knew there was no way I could write a review until I read all three of the books. So instead of just reviewing The Iron Queen, this will be an Iron Fey review. Got i
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N. in EPIC proportions!

BRILLIANT! I read the netgalley of The Iron Queen before the book was released (thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen!)... it was so good I immediately had to reread the series up to and including The Iron Queen again. I am still blown away! Julie Kagawa is a master story teller. She has the ability to paint the scene with her words and describe the characters so richly,
Haleema
Mar 20, 2012 Haleema rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Oh, every person in this world who is literate
Beware of spoilers!

description

This book completely flipped my views on the characters, the plot, the concepts, etc. I cannot believe how much I Pucking love this book. (view spoiler) It's insane. The characters I used to think of as annoying, clingy, boring, and dull, NOW I LOVE THEM ALL! My excitement for these amazing, dynamic, brilliantly written characters is unfathomable. I don't know how I'm going to write this review. I feel like such a moron because organizatio
Cody
Oct 12, 2014 Cody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY FEELS..... THAT ENDING! I am dead, seriously cannot cope 3 *Review to come*
Kristi-The Book Faery
The Iron Queen is one of the best fantasy books I've had the pleasure to read. Julie Kagawa took me on a journey that I can only describe as fantastical. The characters are incredibly realistic; vivid and rich with depth and passion. The world she creates is described so minutely that you can visualize yourself with Meghan right down to the acrid smell of iron. The emotions the story evokes run the gamut. This is one powerful story that deserves the highest praise.

Ash and Meghan have been exile
Kim
Jul 28, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The false king is still trying to take over the Nevernever and he needs one more thing to accomplish his goal: the power of the Iron King. The land is slowly getting poisoned, more and more fey are dying and something needs to be done soon.

Meghan Chase, Ash and Puck are still banished from their homes, but that will soon chance once Oberon and Mab realize they need their help to take down the false king. They come to an agreement: The trio will no longer be banished, if they can defeat the fals
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Now,

I don't know if I'm in love or if I'm pissed. Oh well, I guess I can be both, right? RIGHT?

I don't know if I should rate it 4, 4.5, 5 stars. No. Idea.

Truth to be told, that was amazing. Meghan, Puck, Razor, Grim, Ash, and all the creepy little bugs and other creatures... You're full of flaws, infuriating, you made me laugh, swoon, yell, cry, hope, dream, smile. I hated you. I love you all.

This book is far from flawless, and contrary to many, that's not my favorite (nah, that's the first, I
~Tina~
The Iron Queen continues off the last time we saw Meghan and Ash. Exiled from Nevernever and into the mortal world. Everyday normal possibilities are discussed and maybe, just maybe Meg and Ash can live in peace. Yeah, if it was only that easy.
The False King is still after Meghan and will do everything in his power to have her, for she possesses the key that will give him total power over the Iron realm.
Join Meghan, daughter of the Summer king. Ash, her beloved and Winter prince. Puck, comical g
♥ Becky  22

★Mini review: This book was epic; read it.★

(!Minor Spoilers!)

Well, well, well, Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, we finally know your True Name.

Kidding, it's kinda cool actually. But I prefer Ash.

Let's talk about the whole Ash-being-Meghan's-knight thing. I want Meghan to be able to kick ass on her own, so I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about that at first.
I needn't have worried, though, because Meghan soon proved just how much she has grown since the first book. Who needs a knight when you're awes
Colleen Houck
I knew it was coming but still was not prepared for the ending of this book. I love how it's all coming together. Puck just leaps off the page. The gremlins are so cute! This one is my favorite of the series so far. I adore Ash.
Isamlq
Sep 29, 2010 Isamlq rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-galley
I enjoyed both Iron King and Iron Princess, but IRON QUEEN is definitely the clincher. As can be told from my waxing on an on about Ash (see below if you don’t mind spoilers,) I am a big fan of his: Initially, I was all for Puck, but events in Iron Princess and Iron Queen have turned me into a card carrying member of team Ash. Though he is a big reason for my loving the series, he is not the only reason. Another reason is the fact that I cried. Now, I cry at the drop of a hat, but the events in ...more
Saniya
Dec 19, 2010 Saniya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh...my...GOD! :O
Face expression after reading this book:

This freaking book had so many twists and changes, I am still shocked right now. Its really hard for me to dissolve all the book, especially the ending, inside me, right now.
Things happened so quickly in this book, I was left with a shocked face in the end. Thus proving this book was total win.
Lemme just say this. The Iron Queen was full of epicness. (if thats even a word) And I just want the damn fourth book right now! xD

Things I loved
Nic
Favourite Quote: "His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”

The Iron Fey series is one of my all time favourites. So I was extremely excited to get A
oliviasbooks
*** Read first and reviewed it from February 03 to 07, 2011 *** The third installment of my very favorite fairy and steampunk series featuring my favorite cat ever and the cutest Gremlin alive ... I loved The Iron King and just liked The Iron Daughter. The typical consequence following the law of paranormal trilogies would be that I tolerated The Iron Queen - for old times' sake. But no - I got to be surprised (although I sometimes feel so unsurprisable): In most parts I liked The Iron Queen alm ...more
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
*Actually 4.5 stars*

*No spoilers*

Not writing a big review for this one. So one problem I've had with this series is that it's failed to leave me gobsmacked. Don't get me wrong, it is really good, and I like everything that happens more or less, but after I put the books down after a reading session it isn't leaving me sat holding my head together to keep my mind from blowing. Does that make sense?

This one was gonna be another 4 star book until the ending. The end battle scene was just so great
Alicia O'Carrick
Sep 30, 2015 Alicia O'Carrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, pnr

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

description

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK OF A FUCK?!?!

I loved this and hated it so much. Oh my god. What the hell was that?

description

Just...just leave. Just leave me with my misery.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 OH SHIT Stars

Oh nooooo....what the hell is that ending??

Finally, as soon as Ash and Meghan find an ounce of happiness...only sadness results.

UGH.

Loving this and can't wait to see how this plays out in the next one!
Danny
This.was.epic!!! Simply epic. Julia Kagawa wrote an incredible third book in the Iron Fey series. I laughed and I cried - a lot! And I devoured every second of this book.

Read Review at Bewitched Bookworms..

Iron Queen starts with Ash and Meghan being cast out of Nevernever and talking about what to do next. What live to life - a Fey and a Half Breed, what future could they have in the human world?

When they reach Meghan's home, she's scared since it's been a year she was home. We don't have to
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
I learned that love can transcend race and time, and that it can be beautiful and perfect and worth fighting for but also fragile and heartbreaking, and sometimes sacrifice is necessary. That sometimes it's you against the world, and there are no easy answers. That you have to know when to hold on...and when to let go.

God. Damn. It. Damn you, Julie Kagawa! What. Was. THAT?! That is not one, but two, TWO series where she has literally (I DO MEAN LITERALLY) killed me with the endings at the piqu
lolo'
Jan 10, 2017 lolo' rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fuck you emotions
Sinead
Less Reality More Books

The Iron Queen is definitely my favourite of the Iron Fey series. This book kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire book. We’d left The Iron Daughter with Ash and Meghan exiled from the Faery world, assuming they would have an ordinarily human life in the real world. But of course, these two couldn’t stay out of the NeverNever for long and they’re soon sent right back into the middle of the war between the Summer and Winter Courts and the Iron Fey. Due to Meghan’s
Carolina Carriço
Jan 27, 2014 Carolina Carriço rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars How I enjoyed this book! I’d say it’s my favourite so far, but I have my hopes up for the fourth book, because so far my big problem with these books is one single person. Meghan. God. How she annoys the crap out of me. In this book she was slightly better I have to give her that. At least she wasn’t crying every five pages as usual. That’s an improvement. But she still is one of the most annoying characters I read about so far.

Even though all that, this book was super awesome. My f
Heidi
Oct 16, 2011 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Iron Queen

Five stars: The Iron Queen is the best book yet!

Meghan and Ash stumble out of the Nevernever; anxiously they look to find their way in the mortal world. Meghan stands on the threshold of her home, eagerly anticipating a family reunion and reemergence into her former life. Before she can knock on the door, the Iron Fey attack and Meghan and Ash are once again thrust into the conflict. They should have known they could not escape so easily. Reality slaps Meghan in the face, a moment
Melanie
Wow! This one was certainly the best in the series so far! I mean...

- Meghan has gotten more independent and gets much more mature. I like how she started getting lessons from Ash with a sword. She needed lessons ages ago.

- The romance in the first half was a little annoying but it was pretty good on whole. I'm not exactly sure which team I'm on now. :|

- Grim. AHHH love him!

- Puck and Ash's banter was certainly something. Pretty entertaining.
Maria V. Snyder
Nov 30, 2010 Maria V. Snyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and hope to have this book done by the time I meet Julie this weekend! I'm back from a wonderful weekend - met Julie Kagawa and Mara Purnhagen, fellow Harlequin Teen authors and we had two wonderful book signings!

I also finished Iron Queen on the plane ride home (it was a quick read). It was fantastic - the ending was tissue worthy, but there will be the Iron Knight from Ash's POV in November!! I can't wait.
The YA Dystopian ...: Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) 1 3 Apr 30, 2016 06:16PM
Fey lovers 1 10 Jan 02, 2016 08:54AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - Restarting October 11th 2015 57 107 Oct 14, 2015 01:58PM
Iron realm 11 17 May 22, 2015 10:39PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 7 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 5 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 1 16 Feb 11, 2015 08:08AM
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Faerie Winter (Bones of Faerie, #2)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Forever Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • The Faerie Ring (The Faerie Ring, #1)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.” 1643 likes
“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence."
-Ash”