Start by marking “Zebedee's Balloon” as Want to Read:
Zebedee's Balloon

Zebedee's Balloon

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Zebedee has got a balloon which he brings everywhere with him. But one day the balloon disappears Where is it? Zebedee wanders in the night in order to find it. He is afraid, and feels lonely without his precious balloon. He hears a noise - What is it? It is just the old owl who wants to reassure him. She goes and tries to find the balloon with him. But each time they thin ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Auzou (first published December 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Zebedee's Balloon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zebedee's Balloon

Christine Turner
"Zebedee has got a balloon which he brings everywhere with him. But one day the balloon disappears! Where is it? Zebedee wanders in the night in order to find it. He is afraid, and feels lonely without his precious balloon. He hears a noise! What is it? It is just the old owl who wants to reassure him. She goes and tries to find the balloon with him. But each time they think they have found it, they meet another animal ready to help Zebedee in his quest. Will they finally find the balloon? Will ...more
Lauren
Expected more from the illustrations. I always love wood cut art in children's books. The rhyme schemes were pretty awkward.
Jill
"Zebedee has a lovely red balloon, which he calls 'ball'". But one evening, ball disappears. I love the rhyming text and the bold, black, white and red illustrations. This book can fit into many different storytime themes: emotions, balloons, friends, and more.
Angie
Zebedee loses his balloon and lots of animals try to help him find it. In the end he finds something else to take its place. I can't say this is my favorite picture book. I thought the story was a little awkward and the illustrations were blah.
Peacegal
This would be a nice book for a youngster who is coping with loss. The main theme of this book is that we can mourn those we lose, but along the way we can heal little by little by making new friends.
Jeanette Johnson
This is a story about losing a friend and learning to move on and make other friends. It is a cute counting book as well with delightful black and red wood engravings and repetitive poetic text.
Paula
Zebedee has a balloon that goes everywhere with him. But when the balloon disappears, Zebedee feels lonely and afraid until he meets new friends who help him search for it.
Rebecca
Awkward translation; cool black-and-white woodcut illustrations with pops of red. I started a whole black-white-and-red bookshelf thanks to this!
Kendra
Really liked the illustrations, but some of the rhymes felt forced, including the repeated rhyme. Sweet story of losing a friend, but making more.
Julie
A wonderful story on fear of loneliness and friendship.
Viktorie
Viktorie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Jin
Jin marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Fredrika
Fredrika marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Peter and the Moon La princesse qui n'aimait pas les princes Karim and the Moon كريم والقمر Pouce! Yosei, le cadeau des fées