Start by marking “The Relationship Principles of Jesus” as Want to Read:
The Relationship Principles of Jesus

The Relationship Principles of Jesus

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Nothing matters more than relationships---and no one understands them better than Jesus. Based on an exhaustive study of what Jesus did and said about relationships, this book guides readers on a forty-day journey that will bring new health and richness to their marriages, families, friendships, and all the relationships in their lives.
ebook
Published January 6th 2009 by Zondervan (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Relationship Principles of Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Relationship Principles of Jesus

Vee
HAPPY EASTER!!!!
I finished this book yesterday. I went on a 40 day fast and every day I read one chapter. It was an AMAZING journey.
The concepts will stay with me for the rest of my life. I feel transformed, renewed. Don't miss this adventure.

During this process, I confessed so many things I didn't even know were sins. I gave forgiveness in places where I didn't even know I was holding unforgiveness. I saw people, relationships, life in a whole new light.
I kept a journal throughout the last
s
my dad's church is supporting "40 days of love" a month-long program in how to improve your relationships and connect with love in your life. as part of the course, they are selling these books as a companion piece to the 4 weekly services that encompass the program. i bought the book and have been reading a chapter every night as designated. let me start by saying that this book is not a religious text but a self-help workbook and as such i believe it's a good one. regardless of whether or not ...more
Ciera Nicole
I received this book for our Bible study class. Everyday, I made it a goal to read a chapter a day. This book is inspiring, touching, gives a great perspective of every principle the bible encourages us to do daily. Rick Warren is great at how he writes, he makes it relatable and enjoyable. It was a true 40 day journey getting closer to jesus.
Alejandrina
Someone sold me this book for less than two dollars, and regardless of the circumstance under which I bought it, I had great expectations. Those great expectations diminished after beginning the book, because it had a slow beginning and I was not pleased. However, as I continued reading the book, it got better and better. It definitely had an impact on me that I believe will last a lifetime. Great book.
Cheryl
This book was the best for me personally of the three devotional books(The Purpose Driven Life and Better Together were the first two) that our church has read and discussed in small groups. It challenged me to look at my own way of relating to God and others and to make a choice with each chapter to live more like Jesus whose example of how to love, communicate, forgive, not judge others, serve, and live with humility serves as God's standard for each of us. Of the 3 books I've read in this ser ...more
Trisha Balmer
I read the book along with a workbook for a Sunday School class. It was okay. I'm all for loving more and spreading love in the world. I feel like it could have been a much deeper and more meaningful study and practice.
Carla
My second time reading this book and one I know I will read again. I'm always convicted and inspired to make changes.
Jeff Earnhardt
Over 40 great ideas to add to your daily life. Three stood out the most for where I am right now.

H.I.M. Hypocrisy can be replaced with Integrity and Mercy
Daily Greatness Quiz- will I exalt myself or humble myself in today's opportunities
Grab the initiative and meet someone else's needs.

YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE WAY YOU FEEL. BUT YOU CAN CHANGE THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT ARE CAUSING THE WAY YOU FEEL. AND THEN THE FEELINGS WILL CHANGE.

---------

YOU ARE LYING TO YOURSELF IF YOU THINK YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO
Jes
There were many aspects of this book that were challenging and practical, which I found very helpful. Through studying this book with my friend Stephanie, I was able to pin-point some of the things I do that are completely selfish in my marriage, some patterns of thought that are completely judgmental and spent the past 6 weeks focusing on relationships and how I can love better.

We all have room for improvement in this area, because we are all flawed. And I hope these scripture verses and lesson
Cindy
This was a well written book about Relationship Principles that Jesus taught. Starting with the two greatest commandments, Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as your self. This book also talks about the Golden Rule. I like how this author wrote about these tough topics in any relationship. I believe it will be a BIG challenge to follow through with, but I know relationships are worth the sacrifice of my own pride, selfi ...more
Booksami
For anyone involved in Christian education, small group or cell group study, or just personal self-help in Christian growth and maturity, I would highly recommend this book!! Tom Hollady has written a wonderful guide to relationship building. But be warned! The reader is continually invited in each chapter to take honest reflection of themselves in an effort to bring healing and reconciliation to bruised, broken relationships, whether it's with a spouse, co-worker, parent, child, or boss.
Melisa sopke
So far I find this book to be amazing. I would recommend this to everyone. I thought I knew how to communicate well... I have found out in past 8 months I do not! :)
This book and Rick Warren videos on the 40 day to better relationships is worth investing in.
I now am learning healthy ways to communicate with friends and family.
(not sure that videos are called?)
Clifford Luebben
Biblical look at relationships, easy read, not super-insightful (though it definitely has it's moments), but given how broken relationships are in the USA, even those who are used to more theological depth would do well to meditate on these lessons and put them into practice, perhaps us especially.
Janelle
Loved the day to day exercises. Learned, and am still trying to put into practice, how to better communicate with my daughters. Also learned its best to be humble, and try to be kind to others without always expecting anything in return. Has helped me become a more frequent volunteer.
Rebecca
Read this with my Bible study. I like how the Rick Warren family of books is very grounded in practical application, and also studying each one takes you on a 40-day journey. Thanks to that structure, I was able to build up a memory bank of the 40 verses by the time I was done.
Kelly
This book is about making love your greatest goal in life. Since that is already my goal, I found this book reassuring that I'm getting a lot right. This book is basic, and I found myself thinking of all the people who would benefit from implementing these ideals.
Kelsie
This book was so relevant and applicable. Each day I read a new chapter, I could relate it to a situation with a friend/coworker/relative I was presently dealing with in my life. I feel I should read this book every day of my life.
Gielizza
It will change how you relate to people and your view on relationships. You should read it with a friend so you can changes thoughts and feelings about every challenge or verse you come across.
Scott Wison
I read this as a course with our church and family. I found it interesting, it's a easy hand book some may find it to simple, I feel this was intentional so all could participate.
Susan
Awesome book on love and relationships. We led a small group at our church so we listened to the video tape message and had the workbook to go with it. It was life changing!
Lisa
I kind of felt like I needed to have some troubled relationships to really apply this book to my life, but it was an easy read and I did take some good things from it.
Ron
Very challenging book. Great if/when you start applying the principles. This book definitely contains some keys to making the world a better place!
Alissa
Read for our Lenten study at church. Thought provoking. Liked the short chapter and the suggestions for how to put the principles in to action.
Michelle Young
Sort of like the Purpose-Driven Life, 40 days to focus on loving God and loving other people. Very simple, a little cheesy, but good reminders all.
Catherine Richmond
An excellent book for all of us who think "It would be so much easier to be a Christian, if other Christians would behave!" Best read in small group.
Kyle
Great daily devotional on the principles of love, humility and relationships. Short readings for 40 days.
Lori
Loving it...so much to think about. This is a book
worth reading again and again. So much to glean.
Ashley
I feel that I've grown so much in reading this with my church. Highly recommended!
Sara
A great book. It clearly explains what it takes to love as Jesus loves.
Stephanie Winter
This book challenges you to treat relationships a whole new way.
  • Intimate Friendship with God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord
  • Anonymous: Jesus' Hidden Years... and Yours
  • Honest to God?: Becoming an Authentic Christian
  • Essential Church?: Reclaiming a Generation of Dropouts
  • Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You
  • Husbands & Fathers: Rediscover the Creator's Purpose for Men
  • How to Really Love Your Child
  • The Language of Love & Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate
  • Share Jesus Without Fear
  • The Source of My Strength: Relying on the Life-Changing Power of Jesus Christ to Heal Our Wounded Hearts
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups
  • Jesus, CEO
  • Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People
  • The Alternate-Day Diet
  • Telling the Truth: Evangelizing Postmoderns
  • Handbook on the Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
  • Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most
Love-Powered Parenting: Loving Your Kids the Way Jesus Loves You Foundations: 11 Core Truths to Build Your Life on The Bible Participant's Guide (Foundations) Jesus: 11 Core Truths to Build Your Life on Philippians: The Eight Places Joy Is Won or Lost