Tian's Hero (The Akanti #1)

Tian's Hero (The Akanti #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  25 reviews
A spy posing as an assassin finds himself riding the ragged edge of sanity during his latest mission; a frantic search for fabled lost colonists who fled his planet steps ahead of a devastating plague. The possibly mythical pre-plague migrants hold the only key to survival for his entire race. Lewell'yn's situation would be difficult enough without receiving deliberately f...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 458 pages
Published January 28th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tian's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tian's Hero

My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyGravitational Attraction by Angel MartinezDark Space by Lisa Henry18% Gray by Anne Tenino
Best Gay Science Fiction Romance
73rd out of 240 books — 398 voters
Sacred Fate by EressëScales And A Tail by Stormy GlennAcquainted with the Night by Tymber DaltonHallowed Bond by EressëThe Katzman's Mate by Stormy Glenn
Mpreg Romance
97th out of 246 books — 317 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
A dry sense of humor, a liking of snarkiness, and an ability to deal with – interesting – language are required to enjoy this book. In many ways a traditional ‘space adventure’, including space pirates and flawed heroes, this story is also an non-traditional and very moving love story between three very unlikely partners. Not that any one of them would admit to the emotion between them. Oh, yes, and to top it all off we have some male pregnancy to make things even more interesting.

Lewell’yn take...more
Lilia Ford
What happens when you mix a psychotic assassin, a sharp tempered doctor, and a gorgeous sweetie of a chef?

Wow. Sometimes a book just hits with you, and this is what happened here. It's a funny thing, because the book had its problems. My biggest was that the overly inflected narration reads like an unending reaction shot. That can be great at times, because the characters' voices are very distinct and often hilarious, but unfortunately here it results in a kind of perennial narrative coyness. Sp...more
SueM
I had liked Cherie Noel's writing style from her free short Kiss and Tell so I was looking forward to this release. Then I heard about a (view spoiler) scene that perhaps made me a little hesitant... Well, I'm glad I did read it, after all.

Admittedly, the beginning is a bit dry as it is essentially a personal internal monologue - Llewellyn's thoughts - about things that yet had to make sense. I did find, though, bit by bit, information began to pull together, and the snarky...more
Toni (U.A.C.)
I liked it, but I have mixed feelings. Little things seemed to pull me out of the story off and on through the whole book. This story has male pregnancy in it, so if that freaks you out...there's your warning. I don't particularly mind M-Preg in a story. I've actually read a few so far, but I sometimes wonder what the author's thought process for M-Preg is, what they think about and how they chose for it to build biologically. I mean, come on, let's be real for a second...an ass is not a womb, r...more
Maya

4.5 Stars
*Warning* Graphic rape scene
Adara
I really enjoyed the story, though some of the brogue was a bit too thick and rather distracting. The characters are unique, particularly Lewell'yn, and also the race as a whole. There are several questions left at the end of the story which I hope will be covered in the rest of the series, but this felt complete. (They were questions I could live with not knowing the answers to right now, but I expect to see them come back up in later stories.)

The one thing that rather pissed me off was that tw...more
Amara
I've had a hard time coming up with a rating and review for this one. I'm stuck somewhere between a 3 and a 4.

It started off with a bang for me. I loved it. It had enough going on that it sucked me right in. I love how the author infuses her writing with a snarky sense of humor. I immediately fell in love with the characters as well. Lewell'yn was fabulous, by far my favorite. There's just something about a badass that can slit a mans throat one minute, protecting that which he has deemed 'his'...more
Matthew
Strange for a science fiction book or science fantasy book in that none of the 'magical' elements are ever really explained. This book is about a relationship between three guys and how it develops. It happens to take place in a semi-magical alternative universe with faster-than-light space travel and more. But there is no real exploration or explanation of the worlds or species. The... top... has sparkly grey/silver eyes and grows and transforms himself. Everyone gets powers. There is some expl...more
Tj
I admit I suck at reviews but I wanted to try with my books to say a little something. This one is especially hard. I loved the book but to say why is difficult. I think the characters themselves, they are all so different but they all fall for each other. Lewell'yn is my favorite of the group. I know most would think it strange but I always like the darker characters as long as there is a core of goodness that shows and it does in Lewell'yn. Tian is cute and .... well cute:) Kayron is the most...more
Ingrid
Apr 23, 2012 Ingrid rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
It took a few pages to get in to this book. The internal dialogue made it hard to understand where we were, who was who etc.
After that it was a wonderfull story. It has a spaceship, different species, laserguns, mpreg and likeable characteres. The menage worked for me aswell.

Something that didn't work for me were the accents, those were too hard to understand for me. They took me out of the story because I had to read them a few times to more or less understand what was being said.
And maybe t...more
Adrianamae
horrible. i really wanted to like this story but I couldn't cuz I got bored. There was so much wasted monologue that could have been constructed as dialogue or action -insteads paragraphs and paragraphs of monologues of both heroes brough the story down to a boring, torture level. i gave up!
Tracy
Mar 19, 2012 Tracy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Quite cool; some excellent world-building, and an interesting ironic twist toward the end. Maybe more to say in the morning, but it's almost 1 & I'm a bit fuzzy at the moment. :D
Sona
Awesome fun!!!
Ro
Naknti Intelligence Service agent Lewell'yn is on a mission to find the only pure blood Naknti still capable of breeding. Though confused as to why he was chosen for this mission, Lewell'yn felt compelled to at least try to locate the fabled lost colonists. What Lewell'yn found is a medic who smelled of cloves and honey and a chef with the calming scent of peaches.

Tian's Hero is the first book in The Akanti series. This full size novel has a complex plot with many mystifying twists, deceptions,...more
Elizabeth
Something about the writing style put me off, the story line seemed rushed, and the character relationships just didn't make a lot of sense. I read this right after reading The Bone Rider and it just didn't compare favorably. Good scifi is hard to find! I should have kept to my rule of only reading books with at least four stars.
Rowena
It took me little while to get into this book; I wasn't sure I would like the style to start with, with the lack of clarity on timeframes and internal monologues, but once the action starts, it definitely improves. I like the main characters "snarkiness", but that may be just because I'm a Brit!

I felt it could have perhaps been a bit better paced - once the action starts, somewhere around a third into the book, it's almost non stop, but it didn't feel frenetic.

I liked all the characters and was...more
Jess
I utterly loved this book......wanna know why - it combined two of my favourite things m/m/m and mpreg. I was soo sooo sooooo delighted by these two together that it was an automatic 3 stars.... the author then got another star for complete originality and keeping me captivated.

I loved the characters, setting, romance, sex and plot. The only reason this didnt get 5 stars is because there was whole passages of alien language in the last half of the book.

I read fast - so when this happened it was...more
Tamela
Lewell'yn was a hard one to understand. The opening of the story was so strange, seeing L in the process of hiding a body. His thoughts and how he interacted with others was often difficult to relate to. But I guess since he wasn't "human" it would be difficult anyway.

Lewell'yn's immediate focus on Tian was surprising and how strongly he felt for Tian. But he always cared for Kayron and though things were strained between them, they both came together to try and save Tian.

I enjoyed the read, th...more
Calila
This book just wasn't for me. I'm not sure if it was because of the characters(Yes), the story(not so much), or just my mood (maybe). Tian (and sometimes Kay) burst into tears seemingly every.other.page. I am not joking. So much crying. Also the "love" just wasn't there. It really just seemed like out of control lust. And the lust wasn't even kept to the three MCs. Everyone they came in contact with was immediately in lust with them and vice versa. Just no. Not for me at all.
Kallunnah
I really think I gave this one a fair shot but it was terrible. In the first part the inner dialogs were endless, repetitive and uninteresting. In the second part there was a lot of completely unnecessary cruelty with no reaming value. I don't mind violence as long as it serves the story but the twist, turns and unintelligible dialects just made this book into a convoluted mess.
Nijin
Mar 29, 2012 Nijin rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
Just because I've been asked.
I was really looking forward to read this, but from the start it was kind of stupid. Like, slaves on the pirate ship were kept in too good conditions, guards kill each other so easily, strange motivations on each page, simple dialogs, and etc. I've tried (1/3), but DNF.
Marsha Spence
I wasn't too sure about this book at first but then it went perfect for me! I loved all the characters and the story had enough twists and turns to keep things interesting. The different character aspects worked well together. Just thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reread: Still fantastic! Ready for book 2!!
Hearts On Fire Reviews

3.5 stars. The review can be found at http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=5548
Amy
cute story!
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sebastien
Sebastien marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Gay Science Fiction: Cheri Noel has a book of the month at MMR 1 12 Jul 28, 2012 01:27PM
Gay Science Fiction: Cherie Noel 7 19 Jul 19, 2012 05:18AM
  • Gravitational Attraction
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins, #1)
  • The Starving Years
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Alpha Trine
  • The Bacchi
  • Son of Death (Keepers of the Gods, #1)
  • Fireheart (Chay Trilogy, #1)
  • To Clan and Conquer (Clan Beginnings, #1)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • Love's Crash Landing
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • A Policy of Lies
  • Storms and Stars
  • Outcast Mine
  • Monte's Marines (Dark Court, #2)
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
Butcher, baker, candlestick maker…ummm, eww, every chance I get, and I surely would if these damn characters would ever shut up. Born in West Palm Beach, Florida and raised…er, is all over the damn place a sufficiently descriptive term? No? Then how about this? Tinker, tailor, Indian chief…Ooooh, especially when smexy men are involved (!), only under duress, and did the cheek-bones give it away?
S...more
More about Cherie Noel...
Kiss and Tell Quality Control The Soldier and the State Trooper (The Soldier and..., #1) Incongruent Angel (Love is Always Write) The Counterfeit Claus (Rescue Twinks, #1)