Start by marking “Forever: Sei davvero chi credi di essere?” as Want to Read:
Forever: Sei davvero chi credi di essere?
read excerpt* *Different edition

Forever: Sei davvero chi credi di essere? (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  66,603 ratings  ·  6,420 reviews

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Kindle Edition
Published September 14th 2011 by Rizzoli (first published July 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever

Wendy Darling
This is probably the hardest review I’ve ever had to write.

Shiver tears my heart in two every single time I read it. I felt Linger had its problems, mostly in the diluted narrative with the addition of two more POVs, but it was still extremely moving and I wanted to see what happened next. How strange it is, then, to read Forever and experience nothing even close to the emotions the first two books inspired.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is love story told almost like a fairy tale. Aside from
leksie
I bought Forever today. It's flowing a lot like Linger did for me. I'm bored, anxious, and not really drawn to this world in this book like I was in Shiver. I'm pretty much just reading so I can find out what ultimately happens in the end. Maggie is such a fabulous writer, but her talent is wasted on writing boring chapters for shallow characters like Cole and Isabel to whom I don't feel connected at all. ) :

I am now finished with Forever.. I am so utterly disappointed that I'm not sure I can
Stacey Lucky
Let me say this.. Just because I didn't like this book doesn't mean I'm telling anyone not to read it. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. And if your opinion is to come on MY review and tell me how awesome this book is and that I got it wrong. No I'm pretty sure I read this book correctly ..twice in fact. So keep to yourself, or write your own 5 star review so I can go on it and write "omg!! You are wrong this book it terrible!! You have to hate it to bc I do!"

Giving it two st
Samantha Souza
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
"It was a little after midnight, and I was trying to sleep mostly out of self-defense."

My initial rating for this book was 4.5 stars. Then, while I was trying to write a review (I say trying because all my attempts have been pretty unsuccessful by my standards), I just went ahead and changed it to 5. It felt like the right thing to do. I suppose it would be easy enough to start pointing out flaws, complain about this and that, compare this book to Linger and especially Shiver, but I don’t want
nicole
YOU GUYS.

With a release date of July 12, I feel that's about all I can say. So since I can't talk about the book, I'd like to take a minute to talk about the acknowledgments section, where Maggie says goodbye to Mercy Falls and the world she created there. It was one of my favorite worlds to read in over the past few years, since first picking up Shiver on a whim at Book Expo in 2009.

And when she wrote about Sam and Grace's relationship, and her statement to readers who always ask how they can
Elizabeth
** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS **

This is a difficult review to write, mostly due to the fact that my fists are clenched with the need to punch Ms. Stiefvater in the face. Seriously. Plus, it's actually taken me a few days to stew on and eventually digest the strange rollercoaster ride which is Forever.

So what happened? Well, there were some pacing problems. Big ones. At times the story seemed to get bogged down and Ms. Stiefvater's normally melodic prose became a little heavy handed.
tonya.
I just don't know. I feel like I'm betraying myself by not loving this book more.

To say I was disappointed in this book, the conclusion to one of my favorite series (okay, really just book, as I had a really hard time with Linger), is almost giving it too much credit. Disappointment carries with it some emotion, and the problem I had with Forever--much like I did with Maggie's latest, The Scorpio Races--was that I just didn't feel much of anything from it.

Sam Roth has been my number one book cr
Thomas
I wanted to start this review selfishly. I even wrote "I'm going to be selfish and begin this review by saying...", but decided against it after thinking for several minutes. I realized something during that time - I still couldn't extricate myself from the characters of the book, even though it was over. And I felt bad for it.

Another epiphany occurred moments later. This isn't supposed to happen. You read the book(s), you learn about the characters, you love them (or hate them), and you let the
Gigi Hudson
It's a testament to how well the author can write that I am in love with this book as I have always read books about supernatural/paranormal romance, but I have always had a fastidious distaste of werewolves.

I got this book by accident, and when I found out it was about werewolves, I didn't want to read it. But the cover (the uk cover) was so beautiful that I couldn't help but read it.
I fell in love with the book and its fluid plot line along with the gorgeous descriptive writing from Sam's ey
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
We apparently have a different opinion on what "forever" means. :S

First and foremost, To Whomever wrote that synopsis or whatever up at the top, "thrilling" is not a word that I would use to describe the first 250 pages...

Basically, I did not like this installment. More often than not it was a bore and a chore to get through. And I hate typing that! Shiver is still one of my favorite novels ever, and I did enjoy Linger, though not quite as much. This whole series and its progression really got
Kira
Jan 28, 2012 Kira marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I'm almost afraid to read this.

Shiver was a difficult toil for me, but the ending captured my heart and held it. I fell for Linger right away, probably due to Cole and Isabel, and the further development of Grace and Sam's relationship. It's all so heartwarming, so poetic and beautiful.

And yet - I fear for this one.

I've read some worrying reviews. I'm afraid that, if I read this, not only will the trilogy finally be over, but I won't be happy with the resolution. I'm afraid that it'll lose the
~Tina~
:Spoilers:

This series has been one long roller-coaster of pure emotional agony from the very first book till it hits the very last page in the third and final installment in, Forever.
We have shared epic love, sorrow and an adventure with these characters that I have never had the pleasure to do with other books. The writing is truly like a piece of art work. I'm sad to see this gorgeous series go and while I had my moments, both the good and the bad, these books will always be treasured in my h
Demo
For me, reading this book hurt like hell.

I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life. Not at funerals, not when I nearly broke my leg last winter on black ice, not when I saw the statistics of how much our music industry sucks right now---never.

It was like Maggie S. stabbed a knife into my heart, and every time something bad happened, she twisted it a little more.

Melodramatic, yes, but it's the best comparison I can think of for now.

Sad thing is, I'm not even crying because of the plot or s
Parajunkee
FOREVER BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER
This really pains me, but I did not enjoy FOREVER. This is a book that I have been looking forward to reading for a year. One year and ten days actually. So, I should have just powered through it…loved on it, rolled within the pages and then lamented on the end of an era. Sadly though, it was not to be. I actually had a hard time finishing this one? Don’t hate me, but it’s true. Stiefvater’s token prose actually grated on me and her descriptions dragged instead of tit
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

In a recent Q&A discussion, Maggie Stiefvater mentioned that she loves to write books that will make you cry your little eyes out. And I did...for Shiver. I'm not sure what it is, but Linger and Forever just did not string up the same emotions. Did I enjoy them? Sure. But the magic just wasn't there like it was in Shiver.

Forever picks up a few weeks after the events in Linger. Sam is pretty much going through the motions until Grace shifts back into human form. The n
Miss Kim
As I progressed through Forever, I tried to keep an open mind that it was going to get better. I had seen the mixed reviews on GR, so I did know it probability was high that I was not going to love it.

However, after that…that… “ending”, I can only cough up two stars. I really think the author was bored with this series and its characters before she attempted to write the third. This one had no emotion, and it was dare I say boring.

Likes:
The covers of all three are very pretty, and if you read pa
TheBookVixen
Apr 08, 2014 TheBookVixen marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-2011, own-print
This was a DNF for me, thus no rating.

I got to page 68 before deciding not to continue. The story was going nowhere for me; nothing was happening. Very slow beginning. I still needed closure so I hit up a friend and she told me what happens. Let me just say, that if I were to have actually read the entire book myself, I would have thrown the book at the wall.

(view spoiler)
Maria Snyder
Finally getting to this one after snagging an ARC at BookExpo. Is it just me or is it hard to read the red print?

An interesting book. Again the story pace (like the first two) is so deceptive - it seems as if nothing is going on...but when I actually think about the story more is happening than I thought. I was glad there was Cole and Isobel to spice things up - otherwise the scenes with Sam moping over Grace and his life would have made me stop reading. Yes, I realize he had a difficult time wi
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
In a nutshell: I really liked it. Not quite as much as the first two books, but I still liked it.

There were a lot of things I really appreciated about this series. I'm not a huge fan of paranormal romance because they all tend to be exactly the same, so I like that the Wolves of Mercy Falls had its unique traits. For example, Maggie Stiefvater actually bothered to create her own werewolf mythology/rules/etc. and not just, "I'm a werewolf ... just because." I really like the world she created and
Taneika (Flipping Through The Pages...)
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

This is going to be an incredibly difficult review.

Shiver had me interested, however it wasn't my favourite, Linger was even better and again, Maggie had me a snivelling wreck throughout the book. As for Forever? Oh, I wanted to love it, I really really did. There were bits I loved but honestly, my emotions were ALL OVER THE PLACE whilst reading that I just can't love it the way I loved Linger especially.

Forever explores Isabel's and
Angela

3.5 stars: Some parts shine, some disappoint in bittersweet ending to trilogy

In Maggie Stiefvater’s Forever, the final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, Sam is waiting for Grace to become human again as winter melts into spring. Cole is taking huge risks to try and find a cure, and Isabel continues to struggle with her brother’s death. The stakes are raised when a hunt to kill the wolves is approved, and Sam, Cole, and Isabel must race against time to save Grace and the pack. With no ea

Why hold on tight when you know you have to say goodbye? Maggie Stiefvater’s Forever is a goodbye to the world of Mercy Falls. I am not good at goodbyes. Well…screaming-slam-the-door-in-your-face type goodbyes…those I can do. :) Saying goodbye to people I love is another story. I loved Forever, but it did not have the same power as Linger or Shiver had over me. But perhaps I did not let it get too close. I knew I had to let go.

That said…let’s get to the love! All four points of view captured my
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
With it's well paced romance, heartache, suspense and light humor, Forever is a fitting end to a captivating series.

I love this series. Maggie Stievfater has a talent for weaving together beauty, heartache, love, yearning, change, character growth and a sense of belonging that made it so easy for me to fall in love with The Wolves of Mercy Falls. Her writing isn't just beautiful, poetic, and flawless, it's completely engaging and mesmerizing. Unlike the rest of the series I had to pace myself wi
Lissa
The book is fairly long but there’s a severe lack of plot, or conflict, amongst most of the pages. Even the interesting things that happen that I do remember only happened because they’re a natural part of what Grace is going through: reaching out to her friends and family. I only feel that the plot kicked in 350 pages into a nearly 500 page book.

I still feel that Sam and Grace’s relationship is extraordinarily sweet. I love them as a couple. I just love them. I never knew any teenage boys like
Arlene
Oct 10, 2011 Arlene rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Booker Group Read
Rating and Reading Clarification:
First half (Read Book): 2 Stars
Second half (Listened to Audio): 3 Stars

Well seeing as it took me over three months to finish this puppy, I can’t justify giving it more than three generous stars.

As I noted on my clarification, I read the first half of the book and recently found the audio at my library and decided to finish this story. I’d be lying if I said I completed it because I was curious how it all turned out, really… I wasn’t. I lost complete interest in
Mateja
This was one amazing finale of the series. The ending couldn't have been more perfect. The last 50 pages or so were so intense, I can't remember when was the last time a book made me cry (probably never). Seriously, I cried like a baby for half an hour after I finished the book. There was a particular moment toward the end where my heart broke into thousand little pieces and tears flooded my eyes, after that I just couldn't stop crying (what a crybaby I am, hehe). And I was on the verge of a hea ...more
Faye
As the muscles in the back of my leg contracted like a elastic being released from around a bundle of love letters, my knee slowly began to rise. It felt like it had taken the weight of a thousand werewolves as the ball of my foot pressed into the leather of my shoe preparing to leave contact with the floor. The floor. The floor that had always been there. Always been there throughout the years when my parents had inhabited the house with me. The floor that had always been hard when I needed it. ...more
Michael
A couple years ago when I picked up Shiver, I expected it to be nothing more than a Twilight rip-off. By the end of that novel, I was convinced that it was something much more than that. And by the end of Linger, this series became one of my favorite YA trilogies ever. Maggie Stiefvater writes so fluidly and beautifully that it's impossible not to be absorbed in the story. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if these stories were written by anyone else, they wouldn't be half as absorbing ...more
Emelie
Although I absolutely loved this book, there was something holding me back. I don't know what, but something was it... so it's not a full 5-star, more like... 4,98-star. But still, absolutely amazing.

I won't write much about this book, mainly because I don't feel like it... I just came back from school, so...

BUT STILL AWESOME!! Beautiful as always <3

Update, 2011-11-02
How am I to put this? ...Pretty much everyone that knows me well also knows that I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls. I loved Shi
Last one to post 7 16 Oct 18, 2014 03:18PM
Addicted to YA: Forever 23 366 Aug 13, 2014 07:45PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Forever (Wolves of Mercy falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater --> Restarts July 29th 2014 49 53 Jul 29, 2014 07:23AM
YA lovers &lt;3: Forever 1 1 Jul 10, 2014 02:19AM
Shiver Series Re-...: FOREVER Re-Read 25 173 Jul 01, 2014 09:57AM
Stiefvater's Book...: Forever 48 35 May 10, 2014 05:32AM
so you like YA?!: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater-Comments on Linger added with Spoilers starting 04/20/14 79 27 Apr 24, 2014 02:27PM
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Fateful
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been based around her inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or tech
More about Maggie Stiefvater...
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) The Scorpio Races The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)

13 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“People shouldn't have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.” 582 likes
“People don't change who they are. They only change what they do with it.” 372 likes