Start by marking “Someone Else's Fairytale (Someone Else's Fairytale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Someone Else's Fairytale (Someone Else's Fairytale, #1)

Someone Else's Fairytale (Someone Else's Fairytale #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  4,258 ratings  ·  457 reviews
Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.
Published December 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Someone Else's Fairytale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Else's Fairytale

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
I'm a Celebrity. Love me!
51st out of 564 books — 1,605 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
22nd out of 361 books — 793 voters

More lists with this book...

Smitten's Book Blog

Aaaaah, this was super duper cute! I enjoyed it so much. 4.5 stars!

At the beginning, I was wondering if it was going to be a little slow. I found Chloe moody and slightly irritating. But then you found out her story and you know what? She can be a little bit moody if she wants to. Girl has been through some serious crap. So be patient with her, she's alright really.

But it didn't last long. After a while I found myself really warming to her. She wasn't materialistic or shallow. She didn't lead Ja
Rebecca Berto
Ladies this book hits the sweet spot between romance and chic lit. It's so much fun without being over the top (OTT) at all. It's for the ungirly girls. Super so far.

*** FINAL REVIEW ***

Someone Else’s Fairytale was NOT at all what I expected. You know how the title insinuates pink fluffy dresses, girls who love to shop, secrets whispered behind manicured nails and chasing price Charming?

Yeah, no.

Just, no. Someone Else’s Fairytale is about Chloe Winters. Character profile:

- Disowned by illegitim
Deborah
Warning: Rant forth coming...

This is our bookclub book for the month and I am sad to say I was a little disappointed.(HEA bookclubers feel free to stop reading until discussion starts on the 20th).

First things first. I had NO CLUE which guy I was suppose to root for. Did we want the hot actor or didn't we? Was I suppose to root for the best friend or not? I HAD NO IDEA. That is kind of a pet peeve in my book. For over the first quater of the book I was conviced that we were suppose to like Matth
Stephanie Cowart
First I must say that what impressed me most about this book is the author’s ability to get me to cross genres. I am not a chick lit fan. I’ve tried to read many books in that genre – actually was able to finish a few, but never really left the book satisfied. But when I picked up “Someone Else’s Fairytale” I was hooked from page 1.

Chloe Winters has a chance meeting with big star Jason Vanderholt when she and her friends are extras in a movie being shot at their college the University of New Mex
Hallie
3.5 stars. (But the things that brought it down in rating are perhaps more interesting to me than the things that worked perfectly.)

So here's what my plan for the other night looked like: spend a half an hour or so organising my shelves here, write up The Obsidian Mirror, and then -- whatever.

Here's what happened: spent that half an hour, but in the process added 4 books to my to-read shelf and 1 to my keep-an-eye-on-it shelf. Started reading the one added to my keep-an-eye-on-it shelf (Someone
Jacob Proffitt
I'm pretty sure this is the best wish fulfillment book I've ever read. Maybe I should clarify that, as it's a subgenre that I'm kind of making up on the spot. There's this type of romance where an ordinary girl dates, falls in love with, and consummates a relationship with a rich and famous guy (or sometimes the other way around, but it's more common for the famous guy story). Most such books have breaks with reality in places, though, where the wish breaks down because you can't actually think ...more
Ritesh
I’ll start by saying that this is the first chicklit/romance book I have ever read and I had no idea what to expect from this genre. I have nothing to compare this book to, so this is an absolute rating. I really don’t know how fair that is. So, I’m going to tell you whether I liked the story, and whether the book met the expectations I set for every book I read.

The premise of the story is quite simple. Boy meets girl. They become friends. They finally fall in love and live happily ever after. E
Livvy
I am going against the grain with the rest of the reviewers and only giving this book 2 stars. Since there are few pros than cons, I'll start with the positives.

Pros: The writing was sound and it was free. I've encountered many freebies that are just awful in this area.

Cons: I didn't like the characters...like at all. Chloe was beyond annoying and there were times I was seriously cheering for her to fail. In the beginning she describes Jason has a fake Ken doll with really dry skin but after wat
Stephanie
*4.5 stars*

The first time I tried to read this, I bounced off the writing style in the first few chapters and gave up. That was SUCH a mistake! When I tried again, this time sticking past the first few chapters, I got absolutely sucked in and ended up DEVOURING it, cheering Chloe all the way, 100% invested in her romance and the lives of all the great characters around her. (And I loved the hero's family - big and real and fabulous.) It turns out, I LOVED this book, and felt so ridiculous for ha
Kristin Jones
5 Stars
You can imagine my surprise when I am home today and wanted a lighter, by that meaning less dark, book to read today to lift my spirits. I have this book sitting on my kindle, which was a freebie that I pick up somewhere along the way, and decide what the heck I'll give it a go. I absolutely completely enjoyed this book. It was funny and touching heartfelt and silly. This was a win for me today!!
Jess
This was... interesting?

Things I liked:

1. That while there was a past traumatic event, it did not define Chloe's life. Too often in new adult books (and are we calling this NA? I'm not sure), the trauma is all the character is. But that's not the case here. She has baggage, both from the trauma and her childhood, but the book is largely about how they effect her ability to live her life and I liked that.
2. The presentation of a celeb/non-celeb relationship felt pretty right.
3. Jason's family. T
Katie
So I'd actually tried this before! But I bounced off the writing, so didn't read more than a couple of chapters. But Hallie and Jacob's review were SO good that I wanted to give it another chance. And then I was browsing Amazon and noticed it was free (still is!), so I bought it.

And ohhh. I haven't had much time to read except late at night and this kept me up late two nights in a row, reading "just one more chapter!" Finally decided I HAD to finish it tonight because I can't keep doing that! An
Noelle
This was not what I was expecting at all - and I mean that in a good way!

Someone Else's Fairytale is about a normal girl named Chloe. After a rough childhood that left her (literally) scarred, she's desperate to move on and live just a regular life. Between going to college and working at a coffee shop, she's pretty much on her way to achieving that goal. Then, due to a friend, she becomes an extra in a movie that just happens to star Jason Vanderholt.

description

Jason is the Hollywood 'IT' boy. Having star
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'

This is a classic boy meets girl Cinderella love story that will tickle those fantasy taste buds, whether you are 14 or 40 and beyond.

Chloe Winters isn't your average 21 year old, although she is bright and is training in forensic science, her underlying views on all things fantastical and romantic became stale the moment her life took a dramatic turn for the worse when she was 11. The day she nearly died at the hands of an estranged family member, was the day Chloe vowed to control her own lif
Mella
Inhaltsangabe:
Es ist einfach nicht ihr Märchen, als der erfolgreiche Jason Vanderholt in ihr Leben tritt.
Traumatisiert durch ihre Kindheit, deren ganzes Ausmaß erst nach und nach enthüllt wird, konzentriert sich Chloe Winters auf ihre akademische Laufbahn.
Als er Chloe bei Aufnahmen zu einem neuen Film begegnet ist es um ihn geschehen, denn im Vergleich zu anderen Frauen ist es ihr vollkommen egal WER er ist. Sein üblicher Charme zieht bei Chloe nicht, doch Jason unternimmt jeden Versuch, um s
Jenn
I was actually debating giving this book 5 stars, but I let it sit (and my excitement simmer down) and I'm giving it 4.5. This book was in no way the best thing ever written, but the feels it gave me while reading make up for it's high rating.

Someone Else's Fairytale begins with Chloe and her friends, Matthew and Lori, heading down to the college campus to become extras on a film being filmed in their area. The film stars current heartthrob, Jason Vanderholt, who is actually from that area. Jas
Katie Watkins
Chloe is an Albuquerque college student who had a rough upbringing, but her life changes when she and her roommate and best friend, Matthew, were extras on the set of a movie. Big-time actor, Jason, notices her and they become friends. Too bad Chloe feels like this should be someone else's fairytale and not hers. She doesn't get caught up in all the Hollywood stuff--she thinks his life is weird.

Chloe is a strong young woman who has very high morals. She goes through a difficult trial and overcom
❀ Crystal ✿ -
This book was just okay for me. Felt like a easy going fairy tale that every young girl dreams about at one time. The characters are easy to follow and for the most part likable. I won't say relate-able because not every meets a famous movie star or has such a crazy history as Chloe.

"That part of me I'd thought was broken past repair, wasn't so broken after all. I hadn't forgotten how to dream, I'd just stopped paying attention."-Chloe

The two really go well together. There's no heart stopping r
Maureen
I’ve always been a sucker for romantic fairytale-like stories. But when I heard about ‘Someone Else’s Fairytale’ is wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I started reading this book earlier this morning and I couldn’t put it down. I’ve neglected my house, forgot to drink (so I’m dehydrated right now) or eat and been reading all day. This book really exceeded all my expectations.

‘Someone Else’s Fairytale’ is a story about Chloe. She is your typical girl-next-door college girl who studies real hard a
Emily
Chloe Winters has spent her whole life being judged over something she had nothing to do with, if it were not from her mother’s indiscretions it was for a tragedy that occurred years ago. Chloe keeps all of this wound tightly and secure within her, not sharing even to her closest friends.

Talked into being an extra on a film being shot locally, Chloe happens to catch the eye of Hollywood heartthrob Jason Vanderholt. Jason is instantly focused on Chloe, she treats him like a regular guy and they b
Kjen
This was a great read! I loved the message it conveyed and the strength of the characters. This is a book that was interesting and enjoyable for me to read, as well as being something I'd like my 13 year old daughter to read. Win-Win:)
Joan
Judging by the cover, I was expecting something along the lines of Chick-lit with a woman in her late twenties: some classy executive (you know the sort - over worked and in need of a holiday)

What did I get? Teenagers.

Well, not really teenagers, but from the way they acted, and the dialogue, they all seemed like 16 year olds, all gushy and star-struck and squeezing over the hunky actor. (euw - shades of fanfic in places.)

The account of Chloe's assault was very well written though and cleverly
Grace
So this was fun and an easy read and a great concept, but the execution didn't always work very well. Some parts of it were great and then other parts were frustrating/left me wanting.
Yarethzia
Amazing. Swoon worthy. Adorable romance. MUST READ OR ELSE.. kidding.. sort of. ;D
review; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012...
Karen
I'm thrilled to have read a book so thoroughly awesome as this one. It was so well developed with such rich characters. I liked the story that even though it could of been preachy it was just real. I even liked that the "religious" guy wasn't made to be freaky but just not perfect like any other character. I liked how you got to know this girl and even though you liked her, she changed into more, when something about her past is revealed. It complimented the plot with not only a side story but a ...more
Nitzan Schwarz
I definitely enjoyed this book.

I liked how it was New Adult, but there was no sex.
I liked how honest the main characters were with each other, and how there were no misunderstandings.
I liked how it was short on drama and big on life.
I liked how it almost turned into a love triangle, but didn't.
I liked how it took time for everything to happen.

DISLIKE
I didn't like how fast the I Love You came from Chloe, considering how long she said she felt nothing.

Clearly, like trumps everything else!
Stella
Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts is every girl's secret fantasy: a gorgeous and celebrated sexy Hollywood actor meets and falls in love with an ordinary girl next door and sweeps her off her feet to their happily ever after, except that in this story Chloe, the heroine not only does not want to be part of any sweeping but she doesn't even like the hero at the beginning! *gasp* Jason Vanderholt is a fictional Henry Cavill: drop-dead gorgeous and sexy, he stars in big budget blockbuster m ...more
Marlies
*Thank you to Goodreads and Emily Mah Tippetts, because I won this book in a giveaway.*

You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I sure like it when a book I'm reading has a nice cover. Like this one. It's a really lovely image.

The book might be called Someone Else's Fairytale but it starts out as what would have been my sixteen-year-old self's fairytale if you'd replace 'Jason' with one of the Backstreet Boys. Who am I kidding, it still is my fairytale

The story might sound a little like an
Kayla
Someone Else’s Fairytale beings with Chloe Winters and her two friends Matthew and Lori; they are heading to their college to be extras in a movie. Chloe does not find this fun at all, and would much rather be somewhere else. All the girls are screaming and swooning over Jason Vanderholt, but not Chloe. When Jason stops in front of Chloe he starts asking questions, she is reluctant, and could care less if he knows some of her family. From then on Jason goes out of his way to talk and hang out wi ...more
Tuesday
Someone Else's Fairytale
Emily Mah Tippetts

It didn’t take me very long to get through this great read on my Kindle. Someone Else’s Fairytale transported me back in time about 20 years, and was a wonderful distraction from the stresses of everyday life. It also didn’t take long for this book to grab hold me and kept me interested until the very end. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity it gave me to escape for a few hours.

I loved the idea behind this book, because I think at one time or another in
  • The Accidental Movie Star
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • The Morning After
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Hollywood Ever After (Red Carpet, #1)
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
  • Accidental Texting: Finding Love Despite the Spotlight
  • Forcing Gravity (Forcing Gravity, #1)
  • My Life With The Movie Star
  • Not in Love With Kale Eddison
  • Excess All Areas
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • Cinder & Ella
  • Face the Music
  • Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection, #2)
  • Why Romeo Hates Juliet
Emily Mah Tippetts writes romance under the name E.M. Tippetts and science fiction and fantasy under the name Emily Mah. Before she was a published author, she was an attorney who specialized in real estate, contracts, and estate planning, especially literary estate planning.

Her most recent pro publications have been her science fiction and fantasy short stories in magazines like Black Gate, Analo
More about E.M. Tippetts...

Someone Else's Fairytale (3 books)
  • Nobody's Damsel (Someone Else's Fairytale, #2)
  • The Hunt for the Big Bad Wolf
Nobody's Damsel (Someone Else's Fairytale, #2) Time and Eternity Break It Up (Someone Else's Fairytale, #3) Castles on the Sand (Shattered Castles, #1) Love in Darkness (Shattered Castles, #2)

“Jason Vanderholt is off the market."
"I wasn't ever for sale," muttered Jason.”
12 likes
“Movies, good ones, with good leads, they give the audience something they need, okay? A release. An escape. Something that some of us are too broken to give ourselves. Maybe if I'd had a normal childhood, I'd be able to daydream and fantasize and all that on my own, but do you know how many of us can't? People need their dreams. There's a reason why society pays good money for them.” 6 likes