Start by marking “A Boyfriend Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Boyfriend Before Christmas

A Boyfriend Before Christmas (Finding Love #1)

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Rachel McDaniel loves being a single, 29-year-old co-owner of a chocolate shop. But when Rachel's aging mentor, Mama Bird unexpectedly decides the workaholic youngster needs a boyfriend before Christmas, Rachel must decide what she really wants in life: a man or her thriving career.

The quest for love will send her into hilarious situations. In the end, Rachel will find out
Published December 4th 2011

To ask other readers questions about A Boyfriend Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Boyfriend Before Christmas

Measie Elizabeth
A HEARTWRENCHING STORY...FINDING LOVE AT LAST, ONLY TO LOSE IT AGAIN...NOT AS CHRISTMASSY AS I EXPECTED...BUT A GREAT STORY NEVERTHELESS...I LOOK FORWARD TO RACHEL'S CONTINUING STORY IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT...
Mandi
Not the lighthearted Christmas love story that I was looking for - extremely cheesy in the beginning and really depressing in the end.
Sally
Two women own a chocolate shop that is very busy with the build up to Christmas. Rachel is a 29 year old singleton who loves her work and is happy to spend most of her days in the chocolate shop. Rachel doesn't have any blood relatives and since leaving school she has been watched out for by the other owner of the shop, Mama Bird. She is like a second mother to Rachel and Mama Bird will do anything to prevent Rachel becoming a spinster like herself.

Rachel is set up on dates that never quite have
Josie Ann
Since it's so close to Christmas, I've been really trying to get into the Christmas spirit by reading all Christmas themed books, but this one just did not do anything for me…if anything, it depressed me more than anything; I mean, seriously, what happened to Christmas miracles? Rachel McDaniel lives and works for a lady that everyone refers to as Mama Bird. Mama Bird is an old, sweet little lady who you'd picture as your Grandmother. Rachel and Mama Bird met 10 years prior to the story and grew ...more
Ruth
An older woman who owns a chocolate shop has a young girl appear on her doorstep. The young girl asks if she can work for the woman for free in return for a place to live. As the years pass, they grow to love each other and enjoy working together. One fall, Mama Birdie starts to set Rachel up on dates telling her that it is time for her to put some love and enjoyment in her life. Rachel resists but agrees to go on some dates. Love sometimes comes in unexpected ways and places when it is least ex ...more
Jen - At Random
Mama Bird and Rachel are great characters. They are co-owners of a chocolate shop (yum!) and they have such a sweet relationship. Rachel is close to my age so it was easy for me to relate to her and Mama Bird is a wise woman who is determined to get what she wants...a boyfriend for Rachel.

I read A Boyfriend Before Christmas over a lunch break at work. I was giggling and grinning like the Cheshire Cat....and hoping no one would walk into the break room! Haha.

This is cute story with chocolate, go
Tina
I was very disappointed with this book. I thought it would be a cute holiday romance, but what I got was a sad, depressing chick-lit story with no HEA. I'm not exactly sure what the point of it all was, and had the writing not been as captivating I would have DNF'd it, even though it was super short.

Like I said, the writing was good and the book was short and there were some cute silly moments that I did find appealing. But this was a very emotional read that broke my heart. I don't think I'll r
Melindeeloo
This is a freebie I picked up because it looked like a Christmas romance instead it was a bittersweet story with dates for the lead and no HEA yet (view spoiler) and a bittersweet ending. If I hadn't been a romance reader expecting a HEA, I'd have probably rated a bit higher - us romance readers get bummed when we don't get our HEAs - but then again I wouldn't have one-clicked it in the fir ...more
Anita
Short and sweet story. All Mama Bird wants for Rachel is to find love. Rachel says she's content with how her life is. They both love running the chocolate shop. Even though they are not related they love each other like mother/daughter. There were some sad parts and Rachel doesn't get her HEA but I look forward to the next installment.
Jackie
This sad tale is about a women ,Mama Bird who tries to find a boyfriend for Rachel, a girl whose parents died and works at the chocolate shop, but instead finds a man for herself , which was wierd. It was sad because Mama Bird and her new husband die in a car accident leaving Rachel the responsibility of running the shop .
Dailycheapreads
The title of the story is fine, but the picture is not representative of the book. This is a story of one finding love late in life, nearly too late, and one so obsessed with hiding in her work that she is missing life and love. This isn't a book that is funny and romantic and Christmasy.
Ruth Ann
I liked the book. I needed something light to read and this was perfect. I read it in a couple hours, I couldn't put it down. I will admit I cried when Mama Bird died. I already got the second book and plan to read it tonight or tomorrow.
Rachael
I am absolutely head over heels in love with this book!! I love chocolate and I love cute boys!! And mama bird is seriously the best part. This is also the first story to make me cry I quite some time! Love love love it!!!!
Nell
This was ok. There was a lot of waffle for a short story, some promising characters but overall it was gloomy and depressing. If you're looking for a book full of Christmas cheer then this isn't it.
Just - The romance reader
This is a short novella so don't expect a full length novel. It was a touching and sweet story with lots of love, but not at all what I expected as the ending was heart wrenchingly sad.
Skeeter Jorgensen
This was a very sweet story, sad in places, but sweet anyway. I liked it. Reading about the chocolate candy, just about done me in, had to raid the fridge for some chocolate.
SandraE
A romance that made me cry and not in a happy way. I don't know if I will read the rest of the books in the series but was still a well written story.
Deb
An cute and interesting story that had me smiling in the beginning and tears streaming down my face at the very end. Looking forward to reading her next book.
Kathrin Stacked'n'Painted
I'm not at all sure what to think of this book. It's almost the complete opposite of what I had expected.
Naomi
This is a really good short read. A bit or a tearjerker too & i will be reading the next book in this series.
Jessica
I am shocked....I really enjoyed this book alot. The ending was very unexpected.
Jenice
Not what I thought, not what you think either. Short story, first in a series. Sad.
Joanne
Not a story to get you into the Christmas spirit, too depressing.
Michelle
A quick read, cute storyline. Not the ending I was expecting..
Leslie
free download - Not at all what I expected. Great short story.
Bonnie Gonzales
I enjoyed the story but it was much to quick of a read.
Marybeth Kobland
Cute little story, however was suprised by the sad ending.
Betsy
A short story, romantic christmas story. Good read.
M.R. Polish
Very cute! I laughed and cried with the characters.
  • A Dixie Christmas
  • Jingle This!
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove
  • Forever Christmas
  • Christmas in Time
  • All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1)
  • Miss Kane's Christmas
  • Evergreen A Christmas Tale
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
  • A Regency Holiday
  • Bundle of Joy (Christmas Is For Kids #2) (Instant Families, #2)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • Pinterest Savvy: How I Got 1 Million+ Followers (Strategies, Plans, and Tips to Grow Your Business with Pinterest)
The Girl In The Coffee Shop Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate The Path Home A Kiss By Valentine's Day (Puppy Love, 1) Bed Green

“One can never receive enough love, nor, can they give enough. Love is the one thing we can never have enough of, nor, give too much.” 9 likes
“We all think we are gods, when we are no more than gnats.” 2 likes