Nedostaješ mi

Nedostaješ mi

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Sean je vjerovao da ima savršen život – u braku je s Belle i ima krasnu kćerkicu Amy koja je njegova najveća radost. No kad Belle prizna da se viđa s drugim muškarcem i zatraži od Seana da napusti kuću, on postaje posve izgubljen i emocionalno slomljen.
Fan radi u knjižari u gradu Bathu i živi sa sinom Connorom koji boluje od blage cerebralne paralize. Fan obožava svog sina...more
Mass Market Paperback, Knjiga dostupna svima 46, 301 pages
Published 2011 by Znanje, Zagreb (first published January 21st 2010)

Vicki
I read and adored Louise Douglas' debut novel, The Love Of My Life and so when I saw she had a new book coming out this month, it went straight to the top of my wish list. I wasn't disappointed, as again Douglas delivers a story that will take you on an emotional roller coaster and keep you completely absorbed.

The development of the relationship between Fen and Sean is stunning, but what I really loved reading was the relationship between Sean and his daughter Amy. She is only six when her pare...more
Holly
I won't give you a synopsis of the book, many have done that. I was kinda hesitant to write a negative review on this book because most people that have read it have thought it good. OK, I do have to warn I am 15 so that is probably why my opinion defers considerably.

The first thing I noticed was the lack of imagery, not the garden, we had lots of description of the garden but the people themselves. At the end of the book I had no idea what Sean looks like or Fen, in fact. It's not that I have...more
Ivana
The writing style of MISSING YOU is fascinating. Douglass goes into minute details in her descriptions. At times, the author is even surprisingly poetic. Douglas managed to escape a lot of clichés from romantic genre. Not all of them, but that would be unreasonable to expect.

The plot is almost completely predictable (to me that is, it may not be to everyone). That goes for the end as well. There were a few pleasant surprises along the way, though. Characterization is decent. The characters have...more
Naida
The first book I read from this author was "The love of my life" and I liked the book. I thought this author had talent for making characters and building a plot so I picked up "Missing You" as well.

"Missing You" is an easy read, with beautiful language and style. Characterization is decent, a reader can relate to characters. The only thing that in my opinion lacked was that I finished the book and didn't know how Sam, Fen or anyone else looked alike. I like to make scenes in my head when I read...more
Vanessa Wester
I rated this book a 3 because even though it is a lovely story and I read in in two days... it was not a story that made me feel good. Escapism is important to me as a reader!

It deals with a lot of difficult issues. Adultery, separation, children with difficulties, loneliness, guilt, accidental death, trajedy... and true love. The kind of love that means something and matters.

So even though it brought these difficult topics together in a very clever and unique manner it was not the kind of book...more
Annie
I always dread reading a second book in case it doesn't live up to expectations, and having absolutely loved The Love of my Life I was quite worried about reading this one. If you're the same, stop worrying now. I loved this book, gave me the same heartbreaking achy feeling as her last, lovely "real" characters and a love story for real people who live real lives. Sean's relationship with his daughter Amy is beautifully drawn. Although the story turns a tad silly at times - the secret from the p...more
Paula Sealey
Fen, a single mum to her son Connor carries a secret with her. A secret that clouds her life. Sean finds himself single again after his wifes affair, and moves into Fens house as a lodger. Their friendship slowly turns into something more, but past and present events conspire to keep them apart.

Another excellent read from Louise Douglas. I adore her style of writing, there is just the right amount of beautiful description to have you thoroughly engrossed in the place or person she is portraying...more
Kezza22
It was a good read although I did find it a bit slow to get into! Loved the characters but wish she had expanded it more at the end!
Fluffychick
Sean’s seemingly perfect life crumbles when his adored wife Belle throws him out to start a new life with the Other. Sean had no idea of his wife’s unhappiness and struggles to cope without her and his young daughter, Amy. He rents a room in a house with Fen and her little boy Connor. Fen leads a secluded life based on work and the care of her boy. She’s moved away from family and friends to hide a guilty secret involving her brother. Both characters have difficulties in moving on but circumstan...more
Kate
I had previously read The Love of My Life by this author and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to read more from her, when I saw this eBook on Amazon at a great price I couldn’t resist.

The beginning set the scene well, there was an overall feeling of sadness throughout the book and to see Sean’s heartbreaking situation so early on instantly made me feel sorry for him. Fen was very nervous about something and repeatedly mentioned Tomas and Joe, at that point I had no idea who they were and I made...more
Malcolmaffleck
Having left my kindle unsecured, I returned home to see that my son had managed to buy this book. Unfortunately, I'm not very impressed with his taste in books. The plot is not only obvious from almost the end of the first chapter, but the main female character - Fen - is remarkably annoying, always questioning herself and what others are thinking of her. Unfortunately, there is a flashback scene where she is at a festival that shows her as a remarkably different type of person - there is a plot...more
Yvonne
I found Missing You very different from the 2 newer books by Louise Douglas. In Her Shadows & The Secrets Between Us were gripping & kept me guessing & flipping.

Missing You was a tad more 'realistic'.
Though the story was slower, I'm hooked on it from chapter 3 or 4 onwards & want to know where it will lead to. I had naively expected Sean to leave, more permanently, thus the title Missing You. :)

I'm puzzled if her brother passed or not & if his missing, or even death, really...more
Michelle Kirby
A tale of two dysfunctional souls, Fen and Sean, who meet as Sean becomes Fen's lodger. Both have children, both are damaged and both need each other. It is Sean's story that dominates first- as we see the breakdown of his marriage as his wife, Belle, coldly confesses to an affair (with 'The Other') and requests Sean leave the family home and find somewhere else to live. Heartbroken and disbelieving, Sean rents a room in Fen's house and slowly but surely stops pining for Belle, while he strikes...more
Anne
I finished this on my train journey today and heaved a sigh of relief that Louise Douglas has come up trumps again, although I do think I preferred The Love of My Life, this one really is another excellent read.

I was absorbed by the story from page one and fell in love with Sean straight away - Douglas certainly can draw some wonderful characters, both Sean and Fen were very realistic, if somewhat flawed in places - but hey, how many of us arent?

The story develops alongside the budding relations...more
Lynda Kelly
This is my second book by this author but I preferred the Love of My Life. This was good too but I wasn't as gripped by it as the other one. It was still a good story although I did get a bit aggravated now and then by the protagonists !!
It's about a girl called Fen who lets her spare room out to a guy called Sean, recently kicked out of the family home by his wife. Nothing too earth-shattering but a nice story and we all need those in our lives from time to time.
For some reason this author Amer...more
Siobhan
I really enjoyed this, I've read books with a more polished written finish but unusually this didn't put me off. It was nicely written. A believable story of life! It's ups and downs, the mistakes we make then live with. It's sensitively written proving that sometimes life is not very "Hollywood" and you've just got to get on with it! I liked it allot and I will look for more by the Author.
Nikolina
Well... At first I thought this is one of those wannabe Sparks books. But at the end it was just ok.
I mean, story was fine, but something was missing, something deeper to make me fall into this story.
And this is, for me, one of those books where title doesn't have anything to do with story.

So, I'm giving you 2 stars.
Maggie Bramley
When I started reading this book, I thought it was just another chick lit novel, more suited to my daughter-in-law than to me. But something about it made me persevere a little longer and I'm glad I did because, although this book could undoubtedly be classed as chick lit, it is far better than average.

The book is very well written with three strong main characters (Sean, Fen and Belle) and a good storyline which could go a number of different ways. I also liked the style of writing (in the pre...more
I'm a fan of Louise Douglas, her writing is almost poetic and very evocative. I loved the first of her books that I read, the Love Of my Life

Missing you tells the story of Fen and Sean.. they both have a series of dysfunctional relationships and are thrown together in the same home. Yes, it is clear that they will get together, but this isn't your usual fluffy 'chick lit'. The story of how they come together is beautifully told, and you can feel Sean's pain as he is torn between his old and new...more
Rory Stanbridge
I have just finished reading this book and it is the last of the four books that Louise has written and that I have read. It is also possibly my favourite in part because the main male character has the same job that I have, a surveyor. As with all of Louise's books the characters are beautifully described demanding both sympathy for some, love for others and dislike in some cases. You will love Fen and dislike Belle. The story has a real twist in Fen's life and explains her insecurity. Sean is...more
Jo at Jaffareadstoo
Vulnerable Fen comes with the burden of carried secrets, and yet is a wonderfully supportive mother to her damaged child. When an equally damaged Sean enters her life , Fen is overcome with desire for him but allows him the time and space to find her in his own way. This beautifully written story of love, loss and the power of redemption captures the intricacies of relationships with extraordinary perception.

I loved reading this book, and from the opening page I was drawn quickly into the story...more
Hannah Mai
This book is a good book... I wouldn't say that it was the best book that I had ever read but it was something to read. The way the author writes is peculiar and the story line was a little bit basic.

By the end of the book you could tell what was going to happen and the secret that was held by the girl Fen wasn't as enticing as I thought it would have been. I think that th book should have been written better and with a more exciting story line.

However this book was a quick pick so I guess it...more
Amanda
Not as good or as well written as her first novel. Mercifully quick read. Boring and predictable story/ plot.
Tonka0405
Beautiful love story, read it in one day :)
Helen
The basic story idea was good here, but it was written in such a tedious way, I couldn't get into it at all. EVERYTHING was spelt out for the reader, there was absolutely no subtlety at all.
Unfortunately, both Fen and Sean (the two main characters) were rather unlikeable, and I didn't believe in their relationship.

I can see that Louise Douglas can write, and has good ideas, so I will try another of her books to see if it's any better. This was poor.
Michael Cayley
This novel has a fairly simple plot - a man thrown out by his wife who is having an affair falls in love with the woman at whose house he rents a room; her life is blighted by a dark secret from her youth. Both have difficulty expressing feelings. The characterisation is superb, the dialogue often subtly understated, and the prose style very good, with some beautiful but not overwritten short descriptive passages. I really enjoyed it.
Babus Ahmed
This romance set in the UK between Swindon and Bristol seems to promise so much intrigue and mystery which sadly isn't completely delivered. I think our main female protagonist Fen, is just not as likeable as she is written to be and she does come across as kinda lame.

Maybe I'm too old to enjoy this one? Maybe but it didn't excite, it didn't stir my heart and just missed something for me.
Nicky Foster
I really enjoyed Love of my life and probably my expectations were too high for Missing You. I enjoyed it, the characters were realistic and likeable, there was a nice storyline but it didn't spark anything inside me. When I finished it I just thought 'that was ok'. It's not one that I would read again or put on my 'keep' pile.
Kerry Thorpe
Took quite a few chapters to get into it, but when I reached a certain point in the book I just couldn't put it down. I did enjoy it, although it's not on the same level as the love of my life, which was amazing so I had such high hopes, maybe that's why I'm a little disappointed. Still definitely worth a read though.
Sbenchimol
This is the second book I've read from this author, I really liked the love of my life , so I had high expectations... was a bit disappointed, it was an easy, enjoyable read but a bit predictable. This book and the style of writing reminded me of a Freya North book and I have read a few of those. Lukewarm...
  • The Half-life of Hannah
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Watch Over Me
  • That Summer in Ischia
  • Monday to Friday Man
I've always loved reading and writing and all I ever wanted to be was an author. I've had four books published now, the fifth is written and is due to be published in August 2013 and I'm working on the sixth. I live with Kevin in the Mendips, not far from Bristol, a city that I love, and have three beautiful sons. We also have two dogs, Lil and Lola. The Love of My Life is my first book. It was lo...more
More about Louise Douglas...
The Love of My Life The Secrets Between Us In Her Shadow Your Beautiful Lies Oral History