Start by marking “Bloodthirst in Babylon” as Want to Read:
Bloodthirst in Babylon

Bloodthirst in Babylon

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

Seize the day. Survive the night.

They say if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. But folks across the country are desperate. Jobs are hard to find these days. So when the small town of Babylon offers work and even low rent at the local hotel, no one wants to look too closely. But they should. Babylon wants more than a workforce. Much more. There’s somet

Published (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodthirst in Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodthirst in Babylon

Evans Light
Let me state at the outset, I typically avoid books that feature zombies, werewolves, private investigators or vampires.
I 100% absolutely loved David Searls' other books so I made an exception for the vampire-focus of this one, but did not finish it, giving up at the 100 page mark.
Not a knock on the book, I just like tightly coiled tales and this story was told in too leisurely a fashion for my tastes. Fans of Stephen King's later work should find much to enjoy here, as characters rather than pl
Elke
Feb 09, 2014 Elke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely not your usual vampire novel, which is exactly the reason I like it so much. The idea of a secluded town ruled by vampires and their human 'daylighters' appealed to me, and it was fascinating to watch how this concept starts to crumble when some younger vampires decide to go against the strict rules and people start to disappear.

The many characters were well-drawn, and I appreciated the fact that even the good guys had their flaws and there was no tough hero to bring down the
Reeda
Aug 29, 2012 Reeda rated it it was ok
I just thought it was boring.
Lindsey Goddard
Jan 19, 2014 Lindsey Goddard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I gave up on vampire fiction a couple years ago, because even the stories that claim to put a "new spin" on vamps tend to be predictable. But Bloodthirst In Babylon was a refreshing reunion with those creatures of the night that, deep down, every horror fan truly loves. Not to mention the author did a smash up job of following a huge cast of characters, while managing to make them all seem real. Highly recommended.
John Mccrory
Feb 03, 2013 John Mccrory rated it liked it
Was not a fast paced book. took me weeks to read it. kept putting it down and reading other books and coming back to it. Real slow pace.
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Monica Sessoms
Monica Sessoms marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Stephen Combs
Stephen Combs rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 18, 2016
Glenn Rolfe
Glenn Rolfe marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Kelly McLeod
Kelly McLeod marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
David Searls
Jul 05, 2015 David Searls added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Rioronin
Rioronin rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Stefu Smith
Stefu Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Samuel Jordan
Samuel Jordan marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014