Start by marking “Kiss of the Christmas Wind” as Want to Read:

Kiss of the Christmas Wind

A classic Christmas story by a beloved bestselling author, now in ebook for the first time!

The western frontier. Deadly winter weather. New bride Carrie Sue Jamison wonders if she will be widowed before spending even one Christmas with her husband Thad, a Texas Ranger. He's left home to track a gang of murderous bank robbers through the wilderness.
Published November 11th 2011 by Bell Bridge Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of the Christmas Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of the Christmas Wind

Melissa
May 04, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it

By Janelle Taylor

In this wonderful short, Carrie Sue Stover Jamison is left waiting for her beloved husband to come home for their first Christmas together while he is out as a Colorado Marshall hunting down armed bank robbers that harmed a little girl in their town.

Carrie Sue Stover Jamison is a former outlaw herself. Seven years she spent on the run with her brother’s gang. They had tried desperately not to harm anyone during their careers as outlaws, as a result when
Joan Reeves
Mar 24, 2012 Joan Reeves rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, western
When I was a kid, I spent one summer working my way through every Zane Grey western novel our parish library had on the shelves. The books were far better than western television shows and captured the adventure and romance of the old west that made it so beloved by generations of readers worldwide.

KISS OF THE CHRISTMAS WIND has that same flavor. It's a western flavored with romance that harks back to a forgotten era in our history.

What I liked most of all was reading how Carrie Sue Jamison, the
Sally
Dec 21, 2011 Sally rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas, read-2011
I'm not one for reading Westerns or historical fiction but this is a short story with the Christmas theme and it was a free read so I thought I'd give it whirl. Overall, this novella is okay. The story is set in 1876 and is about the love of newly married couple Carrie Sue and Thad (TJ) Jamison as they prepare for their first Christmas together in their new home, a Ranch in the western frontier.

Thad is a US Marshall for the town and Carrie Sue is an ex outlaw who was brought in by Thad when he w
Dolores Ayotte
Dec 26, 2012 Dolores Ayotte rated it liked it
This short novella is very easy to read in one sitting. In "Kiss of the Christmas Wind", seasoned Author Janelle Taylor gives the reader glimpses of her creative writing skills and her ability to capture the interest of her reading audience.

While I liked the main character, Carrie Sue, former member of the outlaw Stover gang, I would have preferred to know more about her husband's adventure in trying to capture the two bank robbers he is so doggedly pursuing. Thad, in his job as Marshall of Gate
JoAnn
Dec 21, 2011 JoAnn rated it did not like it
This was just too much story for the length. I do not know the author's usual style of writing, but since she has had many books published, I assume she is not usually so awkward a storyteller. The conversation between Carrie Sue and Thad in the first chapter was not natural as they unloaded their back stories on the reader.
It was also bothersome to me that the author referred to Carrie Sue as "the redhead" several times when it was not significant to that part of the story or when she would des
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 11/11/2011
Author: Janelle Taylor
Recommended for: fans of chick lit
Edition: Kindle

This is a short read that is very easy to read within a day. In this book Janelle Taylor shows us her talented writing style and her ability to capture the readers attention and keep hold of it. This is a slightly western style romance novella, that is lighthearted, sweet and fun. It features a sweet romance between Carrie Sue and her Texas Ranger husband Thad, their romance shows us that there was alot o
C.
Very Good Christmas Story Romance
Kiss Of The Christmas Wind was a very nice Western Romance with a very appealing ex-Texas ranger now Marshall,hero. The physical attraction between Thad and his new bride Carrie Sue is powerful as it should be,but the author kept it "clean",and I'm glad she closed the bedroom door.

Very good character development and it was as though I were going through coping and the daily chores with Carrie Sue as she waits for Thad to return from an assignment,hopefully by Chr
Kathryn
I loved this author back in the late eighties through the early two thousands. But this novella just didn't do anything gor me. It was only 40+ pages, so not much chance to get into a good story. Now Kiss of the Night Wind was one of my favorites, but this one was sadly lacking. Most of it was just a review of the more important elements of Kiss of the Night Wind and not much else. I prefer my stories to be a little longer.
Ginger
Cute story about Carrie Sue (ex-outlaw) & her marshall husband, Thad. It's shortly before Christmas and Thad has to go hunt down 2 outlaws.They should be celebrating their first Christmas together. Will he make it home safe, sound and before Christmas??

I think I would have enjoyed this better if the author had not continually referred to Carrie Sue as "the redhead". In my opinion, after the second time, the reader knew she was a red head.
Cathy
Dec 09, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it
Novella that was free for Kindle.
This was a nice little story about two people who found each other: Carrie Sue, an outlaw, and her Texas Ranger husband, Thad. They married after Carrie Sue was pardoned by President Grant on condition that Thad take the job of marshall in Grant, Colorado.
This story is an episode in their lives about when Thad leaves to hunt outlaws. It's told through Carrie Sue.
Carol Ward
Dec 28, 2011 Carol Ward rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for Christmas stories and this one was better than most. It reads like it's part of a series, but enough is explained (maybe a little too much) that it stands well on its own. You can bet I'll be hunting up the rest of this series.
Sonya Bria
Dec 17, 2011 Sonya Bria rated it liked it
It was free on my Kindle Fire or I probably wouldn't have read it. A nice little story, but seems to be a followup Novella to a previous book. I think if I'd read that first, I would have been more invested in the characters. With that being said, it was a sweet little Christmas romance.
Rainey
Amazon Freebie 11/22/2012
Carrie Daws
Dec 23, 2011 Carrie Daws rated it did not like it
Shelves: didnt-finish
I enjoy both romance and Christmas stories, but this one had a very unnatural feeling conversation in the first chapter that dumped the back stories on the reader that I couldn't get past.
Anne OK
Dec 10, 2011 Anne OK rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
A sweet and tender holiday western historical. A little twist with the female lead that caught my attention and added a little more depth & interest to an otherwise ordinary storyline.
R.G. Phelps
Dec 16, 2015 R.G. Phelps rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A refreshing Christmas story where love is shared. This delightful story about a young couple preparing for their first Christmas will fill your heart with joy. Read and enjoy!
Kitty
This was just a nice, sweet little holiday story. Not my usual genre, but I enjoy reading holiday short-stories this time of year.
Anna
Jan 11, 2012 Anna rated it it was ok
I finished it--hence the 2 star rating--just okay for me--but I am not a fan of western romance. Got it as a bargain on Kindle.
Lillie
A sweet Western story about the first married Christmas of a reformed female outlaw with a heart of gold and the lawman who saved her
Kathleen
Dec 23, 2011 Kathleen rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
kind of a stupid story, but not bad
Skipsmom
Skipsmom rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2014
Azja Real
Azja Real rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Suzie G
Suzie G rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2011
DeAnn Oneill
DeAnn Oneill rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Kaye
Kaye rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Dixie Christmas (includes Cajun, #7.5)
  • Snowed Under: A Christmas Short Story
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • A Regency Holiday
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More (Everything Series)
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • An Irish Christmas
  • Christmas Redemption
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • A Very Holly Christmas
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles, #3)
  • Goy Crazy
The legendary Janelle Taylor was born on June 28, 1944 in Athens, GA. In 1965, she married Michael Taylor with whom she had two children, Angela Taylor-MacIntyre and Alisha Taylor Thurmond. Ms. Taylor attended the Medical College of Georgia from 1977 to 1979 and Augusta State University from 1980-1981. She withdrew from the latter after she sold her first two novels. Today, she is the author of th ...more
More about Janelle Taylor...