Start by marking “Knowing (Blue Notes, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Knowing (Blue Notes, #0.5)

Read Book

Knowing (Blue Notes 0.5)

A Blue Notes Series Story. Jason Greene is just discovering his sexuality, but he never expected to be attracted to the outcast and awkward Robbie Janson. He's a guy, right? Guys aren't supposed to be attracted to other guys. And yet there's just something about Robbie that Jason can't seem to shake.

Free read written as part of the Goodreads Gay-Straight Alliance Group's "
Free Online Fiction, 1st Edition
Published October 25th 2011 by Shira Anthony

To ask other readers questions about Knowing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knowing

¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★
I kissed a boy today...and liked it....

Aww, Jason...so innocent, and sweet!

The Book~

This is one of the few times, that I do NOT mind, that this book is in 1st person POV. This is Jason's POV. Only Jason's POV, which is my most loathed POV in books. But, because this book is all about Jason, and I am about to read his book, I find myself okay. And, gosh.....

This book, his book is so dang cute!

And, then we meet Robbie, and OMG, I hope I find Robbie in one of this writers books, his persona, is s
Shelby
Dec 26, 2013 Shelby rated it really liked it
This is a really cute start to Jason's story. I'm glad I had read Blue Notes first though so I knew about Jason's past. It lent more clarity to his youthful predicament. Knowing where Jason ends up with Jules the only thing I find myself curious about is where is Robbie now? I think he deserves his happily ever after too. The outcast kid who knows everything with a truly sweet heart, Robbie deserves to grow up and find someone other than a petrified teenager.
Anders
Dec 09, 2011 Anders rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story. Nicely-written, it explores Jason's teenage years growing up in the midwest and coming to terms (almost, but not quite) with his feelings for another boy in middle school. Funny and a little bittersweet, it makes me want to read more about what happens to Jason many years later when he goes to Paris in Blue Notes. I've read the Chapter One excerpt of that book and I can't wait to read it!
Lirajean
Dec 04, 2012 Lirajean rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I liked the characters enough to wish it was a longer story.

The title is perfect. Essentially that is the focus of the MC. He wants to know how he can tell if he is gay. And he is fascinated with a boy that seems to know everything. Very clever. He is drawn to the other boy, wants to know, too.

IDK. Too short to tell about the story without telling the whole story. Just go check it out. Only 13 pages.
Betryal
Dec 27, 2011 Betryal rated it it was amazing
After reading this my curiosity is def piqued therefore I'm running over the DSP and grabbing the next one to this super short which is Blue Notes. Must, must read it.

This one excelled my expectations because it was short, but it'll suck you in and having you craving more. I'm prime example of that.
Suze
Jan 09, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Free prequel to Blue Notes, which I have read and really liked.
This is about Jason's first male encounters - though he doesn't think of himself as gay yet or for a long time. It is very sweet and exploratory in feelings more than deeds.
Robbie seems a well adjusted youth and Iwould love to know more of him
Cindi
Jun 28, 2012 Cindi rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-story, series, 2012, free
Short and sweet but somewhat bittersweet. This is a good beginning for what I'm sure will be a good full-length story about the main character, Jason. I look forward to reading where he goes from here.
Elizabetta
Jul 25, 2012 Elizabetta rated it really liked it
Shelves: online, free-have
This was a great short story intro for Blue Notes. Now I have to read the next one :)
MountainKat
Short story showing how Jason's feelings were conflicted even as a teen. I agree with Fran, would love for Robbie to get his story told!
Fran
Jun 13, 2013 Fran rated it really liked it
A nice glimpse into Jason's conflicted feelings as a teen. I would love for Robbie to have his story told!
Sadonna
May 03, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, free, mm
Interesting vignette in the life of the MC from Blue Notes.
Bookbee
Please tell me that there will be a sequel centering on Robbie's life!
Marlys
Nov 24, 2014 Marlys rated it really liked it
Shelves: music-singers
Piano and first love a good mix.
Anke
Dec 30, 2011 Anke rated it it was amazing
Now I'm looking even more forward to reading "Blue Notes".
Marinieves Cordero
Dec 27, 2013 Marinieves Cordero rated it really liked it
Brief description of the character Jason younger years.
Shira Anthony
Dec 26, 2013 Shira Anthony added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a "prequel" to my novel, "Blue Notes." It's written from the first person POV of one of the two protagonists in that story, Jason Greene, and is the story of Jason's first and only homosexual encounter until he's in his thirties and meets Jules Bardon in Paris.

This story was written as part of the Gay-Straight Alliance Group's "Traveling to Better" story project, and was based on the prompt, "Am I gay, or am I straight." For Jason, the answer to this question comes much later in his lif
CB
Mar 28, 2016 CB added it
Shelves: author-folder
This is the author's list of order - the first 2 books do not interest me and supposedly, all the books are stand-alones but characters do intertwine.

0.5) Knowing - not reading - free on Goodreads but no HEA - one character shows up in a later book
1) Encore - not reading - I don't care for books that span decades where the characters are not together, even if they do eventually get together. Too much heartache for me.
2) Prelude - starting here
3) Blue Notes
4) Aria
5) The Melody Thief
6) Symphony in
Rissa
I love the background information about Jason! But I want more Robbie. So curious as to how his life turned out! :)
Tali Spencer
Tali Spencer rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Phoebe Gee
Phoebe Gee rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2012
Sat
Sat rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2012
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Leni
Leni rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2013
Mimi Lee
Mimi Lee rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Maria (aka Fashionta)
Maria (aka Fashionta) rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
cmbookdiva
cmbookdiva rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Tetkaripli
Tetkaripli rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Jungle Heat
  • A Man-to-Man Christmas
  • More than Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #0.5)
  • Lost Time
  • Sands of Thyme
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Double Exposure
  • The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse #1)
  • To Wish for Impossible Things (Tales from Foster High, #3.5)
  • Forever Under a Rainbow
  • Ómorphi
  • Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 1
  • Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 2
  • Human Frailties (Guardians of the Leythe 0.5)
  • Rough Broke (Dark Horse, #1.2)
  • Underlying
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • Finding Bigfoot
Shira Anthony is a complete sucker for a happily-ever-after, and rarely reads or writes a story without one. Never a fan of instalove, Shira likes to write stories about real men with real issues making real relationships work.

In her last incarnation, Shira was a professional opera singer, performing roles in such operas as “Tosca,” “Pagliacci,” and “La Traviata,” among others. Her Blue Notes Ser
More about Shira Anthony...

Blue Notes (6 books)
  • Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1)
  • The Melody Thief (Blue Notes, #2)
  • Aria (Blue Notes, #3)
  • Prelude (Blue Notes, #4)
  • Encore (Blue Notes, #5)
  • Dissonance (Blue Notes, #6)