Start by marking “Of One Heart (St. Briac Novel #2)” as Want to Read:
Of One Heart (St. Briac Novel #2)

Of One Heart (St. Briac Novel #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A BATTLE FOR POSSESSION

... in which the beautiful young French widow Michelene Tevoulere becomes the pawn in a royal scheme involving England's King Henry VIII and the court of France's Francois I.

A BATTLE FOR POWER

... in which handsome young Earl of Sandhurst is betrothed against his will to the bewitching Michelen but conceives an even grander plot to outwit the kings an
Published (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Of One Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of One Heart

Helena
I have a soft spot for historical romance, so this was a pleasant read for me. Sandhurst and Michelina are both very well developed characters, but I do admit there were definitely lulls in this read.

This book was made up of four different parts. The first was excellently written (well, technically they were all excellently written, but the first part stood out to me). I found the last part of the book to be exciting and quick to read. The middle? I wasn't as fond of. It seemed like the length o
Cozen
It had a great start. I followed it easily, but after the first part the second and third became a bore. The four part picked up just fine but the two in the middle left me just starved for something else. I loved the heroine and the hero was fair too. The story became sappy though and I felt the hero lost some of that spark after the first part. There was no comic relief, I wanted Anne d'Heill to get some punishment for her hand in the scheme. Sex scene were dull, brief, fair but hardly any siz ...more
Connie
This is a book that I keep returning to over and over again, simply because it is so wonderful. It has the perfect mix of romance and intrigue, and it's all set during the reign of Henry VIII which is one of my favourite periods in history, so for me, this book is perfection.
Allison
I loved the first book in this series. This one fell flat. I never understood why the H & h fell in love. It happened too quickly, there was no chemistry, and the rest of the book was boring. :-(
Kristine
Not a favorite. Everyone was "clad" in something while exclaiming!

Tough read to finish, which is very sad b/c I usually enjoy Cynthia Wright.
Ruthie
It took me quite awhile to find this book on Goodreads. The title I read it under was "Of Pne Heart".
Lori McD
3+ stars

I liked this second book, especially since we get to see Aimee and Thomas again, albeit for only a short time. But while this book has it's own unique story, much of it is predictable. Except how they got to the end, which makes it very entertaining, overall.

I was a bit over Hero's moaning, groaning, and agonizing about the Heroine, though. He's putting on a charade, pretending to be a painter rather than the nobleman that our Heroine has never seen but has agreed to be betrothed to. And
Mackenzie
I would give this a 4.5 if possible.

When Andrew Weston, Earl of Sandhurst is given orders by his king, Henry VIII as well as his father to marry a woman from the French court, Michelene Tevoulere, he devises a plan to meet her first. Traveling with his friend to the French court, he claims to be a painter. When asked to make a portrait of Michelene, they begin to get to know each other.

Michelene led a very sheltered life. When her husband dies, her closest friend, Aimee and her husband, Thomas
Akina
A good book. I am disturbed that the h had no one she could trust in England. Surely she could have made even 1 friend?? But given the era, perhaps this should be expected.

However the book was truly fascinating. I enjoyed all of the events in France. The sojourn to England felt as though it could have been a separate book. The change in location marked a transformation from romance to mystery/suspense. I wish I could give a separate rating to each part.

Overall, the book was well written. The c
Mhollie
I originally read this when it was published as “A Battle for Love” in 1986 in paperback. I loved it then. I just re-read the updated “Of One Heart” and I love it now.

Micheline is sweet and very sheltered, if slightly misguided in her views on love. Andrew is a walking talking dichotomy about his arraigned marriage to the French beauty. In spite of the machinations of certain high players in the court of François I, Micheline and Andrew manage to find truth and love. But, that is just the beginn
LaurLa
This book was long. Almost too long. The HEA came at about 80% or so in but there was still almost 2 hours (according to my Kindle) of reading left. Huh? And I had probably read almost 4 hours to that point. So there was this chunk from that point to the last 45 minutes of reading that was mostly filler. It was interesting filler and I did enjoy reading about the MCs' happiness together, but I also had to push through to the end. I knew there was to be one more set of conflicts for the happy cou ...more
Karen
More like 3.5 stars for me. I did like it, but not as much as the first novel in this series. I was pleased to be re-united with Thomas and Aimee from You and No Other.

Of One Heart is a re-updated version of “A Battle for Love”, which was originally published in 1986.

Given that these titles were written well over 20 years ago I do believe they stand the test of time. At only $2.99 on Kindle you really can't pass them by.

I think this one didn't appeal to me as much as the first was because it was
Chris
Yet another amazing book by Cynthia Wright. I think I loved this one even more than book one. The was romance and mystery. This book kept me guessing until the very end. I highly recommend this series if you enjoy a good historical romance.
Mjtraggis
Kindle/Amazon had a deal on a collection of 4 Summit Author books called Marriage Of Convenience: Cry Uncle, Falcon's Fire, A New World, and Of One Heart.
Carol Storm
This is one of the warmest and most rewarding Medieval romance novels I have ever read!
Debbie
What can I say...this book is just as fantastic as the first one.
I was bored and had to force myself to finish.
Rosa
Read under a different name.
Edna
boring in some places. too long.
BeStill
BeStill marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Angela Uebe
Angela Uebe marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
BookLuva28
BookLuva28 marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Amy Klima
Amy Klima is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2015
Krystal Smith
Krystal Smith marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Falcon's Fire (Fairfax Family, #1)
  • Cry Uncle
  • The Night Remembers
  • Pleasuring the Pirate
  • The Rose Red Bride (The Jewels of Kinfairlie, #2)
  • The Dark Side Of Night (H.O.T. Watch, #1)
  • A Suitable Bodyguard
  • Beyond Belief
  • The Vow
  • Sweeter Savage Love (Creole Historical, #2)
  • The Last Knight
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • Summer of the Unicorn
  • The Promise (Time Travel Trilogy, #3)
  • Loving the CEO
  • His Scandal (His Trilogy, #2)
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cynthia Wright says:
Because so many readers have asked, "In what order should I read the Beauvisage & Raveneau books?" - here is that oft-requested list!
Although the titles stand alone, these two series intertwine with some characters crossing over, and many readers enjoy them in chronological order:
1781 - SILVER STORM
1783 - CAROLINE
1789 - TOUCH
More about Cynthia Wright...

St. Briac Novel (2 books)
  • You, and No Other
Silver Storm (Rakes & Rebels, #1; Raveneau,  #1) Caroline (Beauvisage, #1) Touch The Sun (Beauvisage, #2) Her Dangerous Viscount (Rakes & Rebels #7) Surrender the Stars (Raveneau #2)