Start by marking “Living Proof: Sharing the Gospel Naturally” as Want to Read:
Living Proof: Sharing the Gospel Naturally

Living Proof: Sharing the Gospel Naturally

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Jim Petersen shares what he’s learned from over 25 years of working with the unchurched. He shows that, although many people don’t want to hear about our faith, they will talk about their own felt needs--needs that can only be met in Christ.

Learn how to develop relationships with the unreached, model the Christian message, and eventually present the Bible’s claims in a non
Published December 1st 1988 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about Living Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Proof

Rachel
Jun 29, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
For personal level evangelism I don't think it gets better. I took my time reading it and enjoyed the fact that it did more than just make me think, it made me re-evaluate every preconceived notion I've had about evangelism.
The author admits in the end that the book raises many questions, but they are all on related subjects, the topic this book set out to address was thoroughly done and didn't leave me scratching my head and reaching for another book to supplement the lack.
I appreciated the t
Micah Lugg
Dec 09, 2015 Micah Lugg rated it really liked it
Shelves: evangelism, mission
Although written in the 1980's, this book inspires believers to be a living witness to Christ, not just participate in witnessing activities. If written today, it would probably have "missional" somewhere in the title, but being a few decades removed from the current evangelical climate helps the book have a more enduring value. Although not handling any passage too deeply, he roots his conclusions in Scripture. He also gives lots of practical advice and anecdotes from his 25 years on the missio ...more
Stevie
Sep 10, 2007 Stevie rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual-kog
Book on relational evangelism which discussed making Christ the center of spiritual conversation. Also discussed getting nonbelievers into God’s Word allowing the Spirit to transform.
Vivian Jackson
Feb 03, 2014 Vivian Jackson rated it it was amazing
A realistic and common- sense discussion on what it truly means to share your faith. Every church that is struggling under the weight of perennially baby Christians who never move into maturity, should make this required reading.
Josh Young
Apr 26, 2016 Josh Young rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic read. It was a slow start, but had such a great development of how to share the Gospel! Really loved this author's experience and insight into fulfilling the Great Commission.
Scott
Aug 03, 2016 Scott rated it it was amazing
Very clear straightforward guide to sharing your faith. Especially useful if you've already had negative experiences to see where you might have gone wrong.
Karl
Oct 02, 2007 Karl rated it liked it
a good book, presents a fair overview of the current state of evangelism and some recommendations that actually answer his critiqued flaws, something many authors do not do. Bravo.
Danielle Brozovich
Good, practical advice. Definitely something I'll look back at frequently.
Laurajean Watson
Oct 03, 2013 Laurajean Watson rated it really liked it
Good book
IFEANYI ANIEDU
IFEANYI ANIEDU marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
RG
RG is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Adil
Adil marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Kristi
Kristi added it
Jan 29, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Matthew Yancy
Matthew Yancy rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Peter Clarke
Peter Clarke marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Tonda  L Tavernier
Tonda L Tavernier rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Agata
Agata marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Hendrik
Hendrik rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Valerie Caterinicchia
Valerie Caterinicchia marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Lois Miller
Lois Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015